Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Jun. 24, 2012  12:14 AM)StadiumOut!! Wrote: I really wish there were more bladers in Ireland, or at least ones on WBO who actually post (I can't say much i know)

Ive been beging my freinds to join but they just say no.Ill have another go at them.
so wtf.

I said last time that my MINT Flash couldn't even KO Basalt BD145CS. So I just messed around with Flash Escolpio D125RF (Flash is worn btw) and Basalt BD145CS, and Flash was KO-ing Basalt like there was no tomorrow.
(Jun. 24, 2012  11:38 AM)Blue Lynx Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2012  12:14 AM)StadiumOut!! Wrote: I really wish there were more bladers in Ireland, or at least ones on WBO who actually post (I can't say much i know)

Ive been beging my freinds to join but they just say no.Ill have another go at them.

I'm 14, If I told my friends about Beyblade, I'd be the laughing stock of my school for at least like two years :L I have one friend who wouldn't laugh at me, but he said no to joining.
Since we can basically knock around the percentage of metal in Zero-G combos, (Ifraid Ifraid Metal Stone Face for example) will we ever have "all-metal" (plastic only on the inside) Beyblades?

From the direction SYNCHROM is going, it's only a matter of time.
I absolutely love a lot of the Hasbro part recolors from the face off packs. The white libra with monochrome stickers from Metal Wing Smash, The entirely blue Dark Wolf with a matching launcher from the two pack that comes in (I forgot the name) and the black and yellow Byxis with matching CH120, RS and launcher from Gravity Demolition are a few examples. The rusty brown Perseus From the same pack as Byxis matches entirely except for the WD, but once you swap one from earth wolf, you got an entirely brown beyblade.

Also, I find it funny that the D from Hasbro's Counter Scorpio, which looks really odd on it, is the exact color D tip needed to make an accurately colored Burn Wolf. Hasbro might have intended this, because both of them are included in a face off pack
As much as I enjoy playing plastics and would've probably enjoyed competitively, the amount of money I'd have to spend to build up a competitive arsenal is a real put-off. With the same money, I'd rather get a Start Dash Set because at least then, I could do some well-needed testing on certain parts for the BBG-03 testing thread, whereas with plastics, I'd've had to keep buying and buying till I eventually got all the parts I wanted to build one Defense combo (and maybe a few Attack combos).

That and the Zero-G Attack Stadium is supposed/looks to be loads of fun, so I'm sure I won't regret the decision in the long run, ha ha. Red CF, here I come... Grin
(Jun. 25, 2012  5:17 AM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: As much as I enjoy playing plastics and would've probably enjoyed competitively, the amount of money I'd have to spend to build up a competitive arsenal is a real put-off. With the same money, I'd rather get a Start Dash Set because at least then, I could do some well-needed testing on certain parts for the BBG-03 testing thread, whereas with plastics, I'd've had to keep buying and buying till I eventually got all the parts I wanted to build one Defense combo (and maybe a few Attack combos).

That and the Zero-G Attack Stadium is supposed/looks to be loads of fun, so I'm sure I won't regret the decision in the long run, ha ha. Red CF, here I come... Grin

Yeah, it really is a lot like that. However it's worth keeping in mind that plastics is arguably more balanced, so you can do well with "good" combos rather than needing "great" combos. It isn't a cheap game, though, and half of the game is part/bargain hunting.

I also have the same Zero G or Plastics/HMS dilemma, but I am taking the opposite route, haha, as I find the metagame much more enjoyable, though I must admit the swaying gimmick and stuff is very tempting at times.

I know plastics is pretty balanced (and that's one of the things I love about it), but I think I could get some new people interested, or re-interested, in Beyblade with the help of the new gimmick. Even my parents, who don't really like Bey-anything, find the new feature to be pretty cool.

Takara-Tomy's just great; they're trying to promote teamwork with Synchrome, and the stadiums are so fresh that people with zero interest in Beyblade before will buy one just to see how it works anyway. xD
Yeah, I agree for sure. I'm already heavily invested in plastics and it has a massive nostalgia appeal to me, but for most people, Zero-G is a better choice, especially given the fact there are more people to play against.

I just wish Zero-G was a bit cheaper to start out with, especially the stadiums.
For me, to invest in plastics this late in the game with my limited parts would be too expensive. Then again, it's not like MFB can't be pricey at times, but things are just more readily available, and it's not like I'm starting from scratch (oh, that'd suck lol).

Now I'm just gonna have to be really careful of how and where I launch my Beys into the BBG-03 so that I don't end up smashing them into my floor... Dang 70g+ combos; you be crushin' all mah BS's and FS's. Serious
anyone notice that all crystal wheels are named after a sort of person a pirate a guardian a shinobi a samari a theif a dark knight and an archer
(Jun. 25, 2012  12:25 PM)facade Wrote: anyone notice that all crystal wheels are named after a sort of person a pirate a guardian a shinobi a samari a theif a dark knight and an archer

No, really ?

Damn, we are idiots.
(Jun. 25, 2012  5:58 AM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: Now I'm just gonna have to be really careful of how and where I launch my Beys into the BBG-03 so that I don't end up smashing them into my floor... Dang 70g+ combos; you be crushin' all mah BS's and FS's. Serious

Careful with your Eternal tips especially. I'm pretty sure they'll shatter easily with those dang 70g+ :p

Kai-V
AHAHAHA
Doh!
(Jun. 25, 2012  1:36 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2012  12:25 PM)facade Wrote: anyone notice that all crystal wheels are named after a sort of person a pirate a guardian a shinobi a samari a theif a dark knight and an archer

No, really ?

Damn, we are idiots.
[Image: 3507yu7037.gif]

Oh, and did anyone notice the Beyblade spirits are named after constellations? Come to think of it, Beyblade kinda helped me in the Astronomy unit we were doing. Since remembering them was easier since some Beyblade was named after itWink
(Jun. 25, 2012  5:21 PM)Insomniac Wrote: Oh, and did anyone notice the Beyblade spirits are named after constellations? Come to think of it, Beyblade kinda helped me in the Astronomy unit we were doing. Since remembering them was easier since some Beyblade was named after itWink
(Jun. 25, 2012  1:36 PM)Kai-V Wrote: No, really ?

Damn, we are idiots.

My thoughts at least.
You must really not know who I am, commenting like that.

(Oct. 27, 2007  5:40 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: don't feed the troll
You know what they say about trolls.

I ban them.
[SHAMELESS BLOG SELF-ADVERTISEMENT]
So, I'm still testing random stuff, and I've been posting all my random testing in my blog in my signature. I wanted some feedback on some of this, and I figured I'd post the stuff here before this place becomes crowded with Metal Fury testing.
[/SHAMELESS BLOG SELF-ADVERTISEMENT]

Th!nk gave me the inspiration for most of this. He mentioned how ED145 is good for improving the L-Dragos’ and Gravity’s pitiful Life-After-Death (LAD), which is something I’ve been using TR145 for. What I found is that both tracks do improve a custom’s LAD significantly, and I think I’m still leaning toward TR145 as being the better of the two. So, if you’re looking to add some LAD to your combo and don’t mind a 145 height, ED145 and TR145 are good choices.

I’m still trying to find some use for my abnormally heavy L-Drago Guardian, so he makes a large appearance in today’s tests. I also finally got Gravity Perseus Stamina Ver., so I tried that too. SWD still needs a home, though if today’s tests are any indication, that home isn’t left spin.

Like all my tests for spin stealers, all tests are against Death Pegasus II AD145WD.

Acronyms:
LDG = L-Drago Guaridan
GPS = Gravity Perseus (Stamina Ver.)

TEST RESULTS

MF-H LDG ED145EDS: This was much closer than SWD with both a strong and weak launch, which I found surprising. I figured the tall height would make LDG fall over sooner, but that’s not what happened. EDS did a remarkable job of keeping even the wobbly LDG upright. Still, combo failed.
-> No MF-H: There was no noticeable improvement; combo failed.

Like I said, I got a Gravity Perseus (Stamina Ver.) today and wanted to test its spin-steal ability:

MF-H GPS ED145SWD: Not even close, combo failed. SWD and left spin just don’t go together like I expected.
-> W/ EDS: This was nothing like LDG on EDS, GPS fell right over. Combo failed.

**I guess EDS needs a lot of top-heavy weight? I might try Death’s Attack mode and Fusion’s Metal Up mode with EDS to see if this hunch is legit. That will be tomorrow’s tests.

MF-H GPS GB145SD: I don’t know why I tested this, I just wanted to see what would happen. It was actually rather close, which made me want to keep testing GPS. Still, combo failed.

Next I wanted to test JB some more. I’ve been trying to use it in left-spin destabilizing attackers like the old L-Drago 100JB combo, and I wanted to see if that could happen with GPS. Here’s the tests:

MF-H GPS TR145JB: This was VERY close. No KOs ever, but the last few seconds of the fight were close. No noticeable destabilizing. Combo failed.
-> No MF-H: GPS kept self-KOing when it made contact with Death, so I abandoned that idea. GPS needs the extra weight to stay in the arena if it’s using JB.

Now I started looking into low tracks to see if I could get the destabilization:

MF-H GPS 90JB: Scrape city! This was horrible. Total combo fail.

MF-H GPS 100JB: This was significantly better than 90. GPS performed admirably, but still ultimately failed primarily because of scraping when it reached the tornado edge and at the end of the fight. It needs more height. Combo failed.

MF-H GPS (LW105/DF105)JB: Here we go! These matches were EXTREMELY close; GPS still lost, but only by a fraction of a rotation. There was some serious destabilization going on in this fight, resulting in very, very close battles. I tried both LW105 and DF105; LW105 seems like the logical choice for this since it’s three-sided, but I remember people saying DF105 is all-around better so I tried it anyway. I didn’t notice a major difference in the two. Still failed, unfortunately, but there is potential here that I’m going to keep looking into.

Today I’m going to be looking at Jade, specifically its abilities as an attacker. We’ve all seen Jade fail in standard tests on cookie-cutter Defense, Attack, and Stamina setups, but what I’m thinking is that on TH170 Jade’s offensive underside might be able to make contact and thus KO opponents. To start the testing, I’ll be using WF, since in the past TH170WF has been shown to be a good setup.

As far as clear wheels go, I’m going to try Wolf since it looks like the exact same weight distribution as the wheel itself, and I’ll try some of the more standard wheels too.

I’ll start with some solo-spin time trials to determine the best clear wheel:

Jade ___ AD145WB Solo Spin Times

Jupiter: Didn’t even spin for 3 minutes
Bull: Ditto
Wolf: 3:19
Aquario: 3:25
Saggitario II: 3:37
Cancer: 4:02

What did we learn? Jupiter is HORRIBLE for Jade, for starters. Jade’s stamina is pathetic compared to top tiers (my Phantom spins for 5+ minutes on this same setup), but that isn’t exactly big news. Cancer completely blew all the other clear wheels out of the water, so it’ll be what I’m using in today’s tests.

So, to start things off, we’ll be using WF since it has good synergy with TH170.

I’ll be testing against a few things, so I’ll list what I’m testing against under each combo’s section.

MF-H Jade Cancer TH170WF

This custom likes to self-KO a lot if launched improperly I’m noticing.

vs. MF-H Death Pegasus II BD145CS:
Failure on 170 height, 195 height, and 220 attacking into it.
Let’s try Tornado Stalling: Failure on 170, 195, and 220

Uncertain Well, that didn’t work. Let’s try without the MF-H:

Jade Cancer TH170WF

Attacking into it: Fail on 170 and 195, but on 220 it worked a few times.
Maybe we’ve got something here?
Tornado Stalling: Lol, this doesn’t work. This isn’t Phantom Hades 90MF.

What did we learn? Tornado stalling with this custom doesn’t let it OS staple defense customs, so this being the TH170WF older brother of Phantom Hades 90MF is out. However, it made some good contact on TH220WF against Death and even scored a few KOs. Let’s try using Metal Flat; it has better stamina and is a little taller than WF.

MF-H Jade Cancer TH170MF

Attacking into it: HOLY GOD EPIC KOS ON 220, WE’RE ONTO SOMETHING HERE

So yeah, now I'm testing MF-H Jade Cancer TH170MF in Defense mode among other things. It would work as an attacker from above, unlike conventional attackers. It wouldn't be nearly as consistent as the beast that is Flash, but it might be good at something that Flash isn't. Regardless, I'm going to keep testing it.
Epic KO's on 220?! Jade?!
WHAATTTT???!!!
Explain yourself son!

Ok I give in, I'm gonna start reading your blog. Big posts to read when WBO is dead. Grin
(Jun. 25, 2012  7:08 PM)Hazel Wrote: You know what the say about trolls.

I ban them.

*they

Haha, my time has yet to come.

EDIT: I see you corrected it Smile
Oh my goodness, Jade in Defense mode on tall tracks force smashes. I'm serious, actual and powerful force smashes. Look at the shape of Jade, there's a lovely curve that, when it hits the opponent, slams them down into the stadium. I'm trying to see if that can be abused in any way right now. I'm thinking MF-H Jade Cancer TH170__, with TH170 to make sure the bey makes good contact against all mid-height foes. The tip is going to be a challenge; MF works, but it isn't working enough to win. It has to be at least as tall as MF.
Hmm, HF/S? XF? (I know you tried WF)
(Jun. 25, 2012  9:37 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Hmm, HF/S? XF? (I know you tried WF)

I'm eying HF/S very much so since it would help get Jade above taller clear wheels. XF would probably be too short since it's only a hair taller than WF, and this custom relies on having that extra height. I'll probably look at some rubber bottoms as well, maybe some of the less-aggro-but-still-mobile tips like RSF or RB. This is exciting, I was really hoping Jade would be a good force smasher and I'm not disappointed Grin

On a side note, Jade in Defense mode spins a LOT faster than Stamina mode. It hurts to pick it up at full tilt, just like plastics.
You may have to run with RF, I find rubber tips are more useful for force smash in plastics, especially as it's a kinda recoily type overall.
Also, since the recoil is at least partially directed upwards, you will want the COG as low as possible to keep the beyblade from flipping. I've experimented with Force Smash/Upper Attack/Destabilizers before, and vertical recoil (causing flips/floor scrapes) has been a major problem for beyblades of those types.