Beyblade Random Thoughts

I should wear spiked elbow pads just incase.
Heheheheheh.
So I like to test really random customs to see if I can come up with anything cool, and I keep noticing some interesting things that are probably useless and as such I'll be posting them here for everyone's entertainment Smile

In my never-ending battle to somehow create a good Fusion combo, I discovered that MF-H Fusion Bull is extremely stable on a track/tip combination exactly the height of 135WD. This includes track/tip combinations such as CH120CS and a few others. Normally Fusion has piss-poor stamina, but for some reason using a MF-H at this exact height makes magic; no other face bolt works as well for some reason. Unfortunately it still doesn't have nearly the stamina of regular stamina customs and it's no good for defense since Flash exists (it does decently against other attack types on D125RDF), so this magic stability is competitively useless.
(Jun. 06, 2012  10:08 PM)Vortex-S Wrote: [Image: image04.gif]

Remember to always look behind you to see if someone is there!

He is getting slapped not brutally attacked by a lion! A tad bit excessive if you ask me, hah.

(Jun. 06, 2012  10:13 PM)th!nk Wrote: That happens at tournaments, actually, especially when people have wild launching motions and the crowd get far too close (they always slowly edge closer to get a better view, haha).

Best thing about that- If a person gets too close and is hurt by our launch, its US who get the benefit of using the Re-Shoot Clause! Grin

DIS EEZ PERFECT JUSTICE!

This happened at the recent BeyDays tournament when I was launching a DEMS...
I almost hit the person behind me, but luckily, I was able to control my hand at the last moment...
I had to, anyway... Because the person behind me was a toddler...
I wonder why their parents let him stray too close to us... Confused
Once I was at this tournament thing, as I released my Beylauncher's handle, somebody from the crowd got too close and my Beylauncher's handle got tangled with his hand. Wink
(Jun. 07, 2012  2:01 PM)Janstarblast Wrote:
(Jun. 06, 2012  10:13 PM)th!nk Wrote: That happens at tournaments, actually, especially when people have wild launching motions and the crowd get far too close (they always slowly edge closer to get a better view, haha).

Best thing about that- If a person gets too close and is hurt by our launch, its US who get the benefit of using the Re-Shoot Clause! Grin

DIS EEZ PERFECT JUSTICE!

This happened at the recent BeyDays tournament when I was launching a DEMS...
I almost hit the person behind me, but luckily, I was able to control my hand at the last moment...
I had to, anyway... Because the person behind me was a toddler...
I wonder why their parents let him stray too close to us... Confused

Technically you only get two reshoot clauses but if it's something like that, I'd be inclined, personally, to let it slide... Though I am not sure what the official view on this is, I've generally avoided such things in the past, luckily.
Well, this has happened in almost every tournament in India though, irrespective of which city it was in.
Luckily, I myself have never been involved in any such issue, except the one which I explained above, which again, I avoided very well. Tongue_out

Actually, with such incidents getting SO common in tourneys, I won't be surprised if the WBO incorporated this into their rules-
Only the two competing bladers, and the judge must stay close to the stadium during an ongoing battle.
ALL SPECTATORS MUST STAY AWAY FROM THE STADIUM.

Or instead, we might see people who'd actually like to cure things rather than preventing the incident from taking place, by demanding a raise in the number of Re-Shoot Clauses that can be used throughout the tourney...
This discussion is quite outdated ...

- As I reminded Primal in another topic very recently, the Rulebooks do cover accidental bad launches caused by other people.

- That image is years old, and we already made fun of it a lot here.

[Image: poisonhitavatar.jpg]

[Image: tempestaripcordpunch.png]
(For the context, look here : http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Pictures...#pid229546)
Eh, my hosting knowhow is rusty.

Evidently, I am losing my touch in various ways.
(Jun. 07, 2012  3:27 AM)Ingulit Wrote: In my never-ending battle to somehow create a good Fusion combo, I discovered that MF-H Fusion Bull is extremely stable on a track/tip combination exactly the height of 135WD. This includes track/tip combinations such as CH120CS and a few others. Normally Fusion has piss-poor stamina, but for some reason using a MF-H at this exact height makes magic; no other face bolt works as well for some reason. Unfortunately it still doesn't have nearly the stamina of regular stamina customs and it's no good for defense since Flash exists (it does decently against other attack types on D125RDF), so this magic stability is competitively useless.

I'm re-posting this because I didn't frame this as a question before: Why, exactly, would this happen, namely Fusion having much more stamina at this height while utilizing MF-H than any other combination?

And before anyone snap posts "There's a Q&A thread for this," just because something is worded as a question doesn't automatically mean it belongs in a Q&A thread Wink
If it actually works then it'll hopefully spur people to do exactly what you're doing, which is exactly what is lacking in this community right now and causing most of the issues: actually tinkering with stuff and finding uses for parts rather than settling for cookie cutter combos. Even if great things don't come from it instantly, keep tinkering until you find something.

Also, it exemplifies that Chemistry is important and good and something people should look for. Obviously it is just the right height and distribution for Fusion physically. This actually affects most combos but not that many are noticeable, but then again, the 1:30 increase in stamina for Phantom ___ AD145WD from the seemingly minor change from aquario to cancer is quite something.

The experimentation actually used to be a common thing but recently it has only appeared in a couple of isolated cases.

Basically, I don't have fusion, cannot offer much input (though testing from anyone would be really good for that, especially as it might give 135 some use), but I'm REALLY, REALLY glad to see someone still has the true spirit that fuels this forum and separates good members from great members. Keep it up, keep tinkering away, and good things will eventually come of it.

Everyone else: this is an example of what all of you with access to the parts should be doing, rather than settling for cookie-cutter combos, and exactly what this forum, and the game of beyblade needs. Test parts that are just average/middling and find a way to make them work - I'm not talking about stuff like LF or Q (though there could perhaps even be use for those), I'm not talking about gimmick combinations, I'm talking combinations that actually work for at least the majority of people, are as versatile as any combination on the top tier list.

I find the best incentive is to work as if you have a tournament coming up and want to find something, an ace in the hole, to pull out that is so unusual that no one will know how to counter it, and even better, won't expect it to beat them until it starts wiping the floor with everyone and everything. Find out everything about that combo, weaknesses, strengths, imagine someone takes the parts and copies it off you, be prepared to deal with that (and remember, you will still have the advantage of understanding the combination).

Honestly, that's rambly, just do whatever it takes to not just look outside the box, but to force the box to change shape to account for it. Experiment, share, collaborate (that's a big one - working with a partner can be a huge motivator), help others do the same, and so on.

Perhaps MFB is at a point where only cookie cutter combinations are effective, and if that is the case then there is nothing to do, however, I do not think it has reached that point yet, where it is beyond someone finding something new and exciting.

Yes, there have been some small incidents of this, but this is what a huge number of people used to do, not a tiny selection.
I lack all the expensive new parts to test against so nobody really cares about my tinkering. I've come up with what I'd call a few gems in my time and they've all been dismissed for using odd/old/bad parts.

I don't even dare mention my personal combo because I know not one person here would take it seriously. It doesn't help that it requires very specific launches for every matchup, making it impossible for others to repeat my results. And yes, I was insane to even try the 85° banking, that doesn't mean it isn't effective though.
The whole "Nobody Cares" thing is why I posted about this Fusion oddity in the Random Thoughts thread rather than making it its own thread. If it WAS its own thread, you'd get responses along the lines of "This is garbage compared to x, don't clog the forums," while posting the idea in here can spur discussion (I hope). Things might not be good enough to warrant their own thread, but Random Thoughts sounds just like the place for this kind of thing.

And yeah, I really like trying out random customs to try and find potential, and I find a few nifty things here and there. For example, Left Flat actually does have a niche in being the tallest aggressive plastic tip (as far as I know), though thus far I've been unable to abuse that fact in any meaningful way.

EDIT: If I was allowed to mess with a Wiki on Beyblade, it would go crazy because there would be a lot of random stuff like Left Flat being exceptionally tall. I hate reading "This part is supposed to do this, but is outclassed by x, y, and z" rather than reading what potential a given part has.
Yeah, I'm with you on this, the idea that a part can be outclassed is a major problem here IMO. Every part is different and has its own potential. Perhaps not doing the intended function quite as well means it performs some other function better. Or maybe you simply don't want to overdo whatever it is in a particular combo.

I was sure there was already a thread for Fusion discussion though...
Speaking of which, some testing I did a while ago shows that Jade Capricorne AD145WD beats Phantom Cancer TH170D most of the time. And then I beat a MF Basalt Aquario 230CS with it. Both of the test combos are outclassed, but still, it's a decent combo.
I would just like to point out that the fact that the star shape opposes motion on right spin beys is liable to negate most of LFs uses. Perhaps this can be incorporated into the workings of some combo though.

Either way, if you want the tallest attack tip, try HF/s. Perhaps it could be good for tornado stalling 230 combos?
I really don't like the idea of BeyWheelz, although I love those faces though. Any one planning one making a sticker sheet of those faces?
(Jun. 07, 2012  6:45 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: I was sure there was already a thread for Fusion discussion though...

There is, but the thing I posted was rather random and in no way game-changing; that is, while Fusion does well at that height, it still wasn't doing well enough to necro the Fusion discussion imo.
(Jun. 07, 2012  6:55 PM)GM Phantom Wrote: Speaking of which, some testing I did a while ago shows that Jade Capricorne AD145WD beats Phantom Cancer TH170D most of the time. And then I beat a MF Basalt Aquario 230CS with it. Both of the test combos are outclassed, but still, it's a decent combo.

Actually, Phantom Cancer TH170D is still a pretty darn good Stamina type. How did the custom do against shorter stamina beys? If it was doing well against tall foes, that might also mean Jade can destabilize (I don't have the part, I'm just speculating).

(Jun. 07, 2012  7:03 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: I would just like to point out that the fact that the star shape opposes motion on right spin beys is liable to negate most of LFs uses. Perhaps this can be incorporated into the workings of some combo though.

Either way, if you want the tallest attack tip, try HF/s. Perhaps it could be good for tornado stalling 230 combos?

HF/S, I forgot about that, that would certainly be the tallest.

I was actually mucking around with LF on L-Drago Guardian TR145LF as a tall, heavy spin-equalizer, specifically because LDG on 145LF height made better contact with the retarded tall and common MF-H Duo Cancer 230MB than it did on 145WD height. The custom worked fairly well, but LDG just isn't made for spin stealing.

The best version of the combo ended up being MF-H LDG TR145RDF, but lord knows LDG isn't going to spin steal anything on RDF, so I finally had to scrap that idea. If they just made a completely plastic RDF, same height and ability to spin at low speeds without falling over, it would probably be my favorite bottom ever.
I don't own the part but would DS suffice? Also, is Destroy not better than Guardian for spin steal?
(Jun. 07, 2012  3:01 PM)Kai-V Wrote: - That image is years old, and we already made fun of it a lot here.

Ah,nothing like reviving old TT sketchesDJ - Fab!
(Jun. 07, 2012  8:31 PM)Ingulit Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2012  6:55 PM)GM Phantom Wrote: Speaking of which, some testing I did a while ago shows that Jade Capricorne AD145WD beats Phantom Cancer TH170D most of the time. And then I beat a MF Basalt Aquario 230CS with it. Both of the test combos are outclassed, but still, it's a decent combo.

Actually, Phantom Cancer TH170D is still a pretty darn good Stamina type. How did the custom do against shorter stamina beys? If it was doing well against tall foes, that might also mean Jade can destabilize (I don't have the part, I'm just speculating).

Actually, it mainly depends on the height of the TH170. at 170, the result was 6-4 Cancer. at 195 and 230, Capricorne won 90% and 80% of the time, respectively. I think some of it may have been the "horns" on the Capricorne CW; I've seen Capricorne combos do well against 230 beys before. BTW, and not that anyone really cares, but the way i came up with Jade Capricorne was by thinking if Grand Capricorne evolved.

all this stuff about testing makes me wanna test parts only problem is i lack T170 or diablo...or blitz...
Didn't know exactly where to put this but....
Does anybody know how and why Zankye/Jose Lemos gets all his beys?
I don't know who that is, but I do know that this isn't the right place to ask that question. Try the ask a question, get an answer thread. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
Dusk thats definitely the wrong place, Ask a question is for questions about the beyblade toy only. why don't you ask on his Youtube channel. you know ask him...