Beyblade Random Thoughts

So the world IS going to end in 2012 after all.
(Jun. 02, 2012  4:44 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: I'd call them Metal Fury or just "Fury Beyblades" since everything "4D" about 4D has been removed from them.
IMO they are not 4D in any way, though whether I am in favour of that or not remains to be seen.

In terms of changes, I'm looking forward to one piece Omega but severely disapointed by the lack of an Aries II wheel for Vari and, while the removal of 4D bottoms means more parts for customisation (yay!), they're not actually bothing to give us anything new (boo!).

There's no Aries II clear wheel in TAKARA-TOMY either. It's VariAres not Vari Aries. If you've never seen one, please read the Beywiki article on it. It can save you your little disappointment about it.
Oh no, I wasn't saying it was supposed to be Vari Aries. I was merely saying that, with hasbro's renaming of it and adding clear wheels to everything, I was expecting them to make an Aries II.
If they're going to do stupid things, they could atleast be fun about it, y'know?

Still, severly was overstating it.
Ares and Aries are totally different things. Ares is the Greek god of war. Aries is a ram.
Fantomu- Oh yes, he knows that. Smile
But, if you'd see the Hasbro release, then you'll see that Hasbro rename VariAres to VariAries.

Looks like they didn't know the difference, but yeah. Tongue_out

DRACO- Well, they'd still like to retain the original design, y'know!
Adding a CW to VariAres would force them to make a completely new beyblade, and then we'd all be wondering as to why did Hasbro not release good ol' VariAres. Tongue_out
Legend Voracious Aries?
Up until now, Hasbro have never released an MFB bey with no clear wheel (they'd probably take my view of "Destructor" being a CW aswell) so it really is a suprise that Aries II didn't happen.

Also, what was wrong with changing it to "Cratos" to avoid confusion? People mistake him for the god of war all the time. Just look at sony.
(Jun. 03, 2012  4:26 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: Also, what was wrong with changing it to "Cratos" to avoid confusion? People mistake him for the god of war all the time. Just look at sony.
Or Mars? I think Mars may be more known by people than Cratos (it's still a cool name, though).
(Jun. 02, 2012  2:40 PM)Crab Commando Wrote: "Knock-offs" are very similar versions of a product made by a different company. Knock-offs are made because of legal loopholes, when the company doesn't need permission to make something that is almost the same as the original product.
Hasbro has a license to sell "official" Beyblades, therefore they are not knockoffs. For now, I'd just call them "different versions" of 4D Beyblades.

I agree with this. An example of a knock-off would be Rapidity.

(Jun. 03, 2012  5:02 PM)Crab Commando Wrote: Or Mars? I think Mars may be more known by people than Cratos (it's still a cool name, though).

Mars is too well associated with Pluto, who was death. Has a very different feel to it IMO.
(Jun. 03, 2012  4:26 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: Legend Voracious Aries?
Up until now, Hasbro have never released an MFB bey with no clear wheel (they'd probably take my view of "Destructor" being a CW aswell) so it really is a suprise that Aries II didn't happen.

Also, what was wrong with changing it to "Cratos" to avoid confusion? People mistake him for the god of war all the time. Just look at sony.

Well, so what if Hasbro never released an MFB bey with no Clear Wheel? They can't just continue the trend forever, you know!
The Metal System beys weren't released here because of the fact that it probably had no anime. It had to be Japanese exclusive so that children to relate to the characters they see in the Manga.
You may ask- Why is an anime so important?
The answer to that is something I don't know, but I see the effect of it everywhere...
For instance, Hasbro released the Maximum Series beys in India about 5-6 months from their original American release date (which didn't happen with the other Metal Masters beys) just so that they were released after the Episodes of the Max. Series beys had been aired. At least that is what I was told. Tongue_out

In short, Hasbro never really had a design of their own. They just recreated things what TT made.
Hasbro did release those Metal System beys, but under the heading of Legend Series. In these, they simply reused the parts which TT already released in the Hybrid Wheel System. Only the Metal Wheels were unique, but not TOO unique so as to call it a "new design".

I don't know about the rest of you all, but I could never relate their design with the Metal System beys. If they did the same to VariAres, the same confusion would occur.
So, Hasbro probably do not make a CW for it. Then again, the "no mode change" and "no 4D bottoms" thing would still confuse people...

VariAres not having a Clear Wheel in the Hasbro release isn't a big issue, haha! Instead, if it had had a Clear Wheel, it would cause more of an outrage... They can't fool around with the God of War, y'know! Wink
The anime airing first is a big deal for two reasons:
1) Kids will always want the beys of the cool characters, meaning it helps sales greatly.
2) In england (possibly all of europe) it is illegal to air a TV series based on a toy. This means all beyblade products must be released after they show up on TV so that they can claim the toy was based on the TV series.
The first point is something I knew. Marketing stuff is quite important! Smile

Whoa! The second point is quite a new thing for me!
I see why Europe gets Pokemon anime before USA does.

Beyblade is cool in the fact that there are thousands of customization for different stadium types. Try telling that to my friends.
Just realised this:
Ren = Wren = Bird
Phoenec = Phoenix = Bird
Did anyone notice this?
*Hopes this is in the right thread*
@TheLyricalLeaf:
In a sense, yes. it could theoretically be beyblade connected and that's how I think of it. Anyway, I have know idea what you're talking about with the ren/wren/bird thing but I get the Pheonix thing... It would be weird if someone didn't...

Ren sounds similar to wren, which is a bird.
Except that it is not pronounced in the bad English "wr" way, and that è“® (ren) means 'lotus' in Japanese, so I can assure you that they did not choose 'Ren' because your incorrect pronunciation makes it sound like a bird name.
So, when I ordered my Guardian Revizer 160SBs from my usual guy, I also asked him if he'd throw in a D tip for any extra(since I gave away my only one). He said he wouldn't mind, and at no charge.

Package showed up today with two Guardian Revizer 160SB... and a Pirates Orojya 145D.

One way of doing it, I suppose...
(Jun. 06, 2012  12:24 AM)Hazel Wrote: So, when I ordered my Guardian Revizer 160SBs from my usual guy, I also asked him if he'd throw in a D tip for any extra(since I gave away my only one). He said he wouldn't mind, and at no charge.

Package showed up today with two Guardian Revizer 160SB... and a Pirates Orojya 145D.

One way of doing it, I suppose...

Mind if I ask who you order from? O.o
I do, actually.

It's his preference to stay anonymous.
Alright thank you anyways. Smile
Score one for Hazel! That's a pretty nice gift he have you! Then again, a customers satisfaction is always best!
It's especially nice, really, since I was actually going to have to buy another Metal Stone Face at some point, and now I do not have to.

I am a standing repeat customer, though, and have orders booked with him all the way up through July.
So.... Im beyblading with my friend and im looking at my Blitz Fusion Wheel.... I say " Wait!? What the heck!? My Blitz has a crack in its the lower metal wheel!?!? " Does Blitz tend to brake easily, cause I take pretty good care of my beys...Chocked