Beyblade Random Thoughts

You know what would be nice? A WBO app.

(Apr. 07, 2020  1:16 PM)Lugiamaster0249 Wrote: Is 0 or 00 better?

0 is better LAD wise and works well with burst stoppers (Real good on Judgment and Lord) while 00 is heavier.
(Apr. 07, 2020  6:45 PM)YishYash Wrote: You know what would be nice? A WBO app.

0 is better LAD wise and works well with burst stoppers (Real good on Judgment and Lord) while 00 is heavier.

What would be the point of that? If you want quick access to the WBO like an app icon, just add it to your home screen.
(Apr. 07, 2020  6:49 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:

What would be the point of that? If you want quick access to the WBO like an app icon, just add it to your home screen.

Its frustrating to use on phones and for the heck of it.
(Apr. 07, 2020  7:17 PM)YishYash Wrote:
(Apr. 07, 2020  6:49 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: What would be the point of that? If you want quick access to the WBO like an app icon, just add it to your home screen.

Its frustrating to use on phones and for the heck of it.

It would be pointless anyways.

Thx, does 0 with a cross have the  same LAD as 00 with cross? ( or any other frame for both)
Hello, I'm new to Beyblade (a dad to a 5 year old who just got into Beys before the quarantine). I bought him a couple of beys and he was given a little handle (which I'm guessing is Japanese). Are they launcher some how compatible with each other?
I may be wrong but...

I feel like the god series doesn't fit anywhere competitively with burst classic and standard burst.

Wondering if there is a way to use it while making things fresh.

Like total weighted deck tournaments.
That’s why Limited format was being developed. It would only allow for God/evolution beys and some turbo beys (not cho-z, just its Hasbro counterpart). Of course, the virus has caused the development of that to slow down.
(Apr. 08, 2020  7:21 AM)superrobotking Wrote: I may be wrong but...

I feel like the god series doesn't fit anywhere competitively with burst classic and standard burst.

Wondering if there is a way to use it while making things fresh.

Like total weighted deck tournaments.

Well, Burst Customizations is clearly the wrong forum for this. I'm merging this thread into Beyblade Random Thoughts.
(Apr. 08, 2020  4:50 AM)RamZnation Wrote: Hello, I'm new to Beyblade (a dad to a 5 year old who just got into Beys before the quarantine).  I bought him a couple of beys and he was given a little handle (which I'm guessing is Japanese).  Are they launcher some how compatible with each other?

If the grip is Japanese then it is manufactured by Takara-Tomy. If the launchers you previously had were from Hasbro then you would have to buy a Takara-Tomy launcher which is compatible with the grip. https://four-gaming.com/collections/taka...iabolos-gn This bey comes with a competitive layer and launcher which is both spin directions. https://four-gaming.com/products/takara-...52fe&_ss=r This one is also good but only right spin. Keep in mind that the launcher grip has to be https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/6...wnload.jpg to work with the mentioned launchers.

(Apr. 08, 2020  1:40 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: That’s why Limited format was being developed. It would only allow for God/evolution beys and some turbo beys (not cho-z, just its Hasbro counterpart). Of course, the virus has caused the development of that to slow down.

It would be interesting if they allowed dual layers in as well. It would mean an actual competitive use for Lost Longinus as of now.

(Apr. 08, 2020  12:19 AM)Lugiamaster0249 Wrote:

Thx, does 0 with a cross have the  same LAD as 00 with cross? ( or any other frame for both)

They would both have the same LAD.
(Apr. 08, 2020  6:38 PM)YishYash Wrote: It would be interesting if they allowed dual layers in as well. It would mean an actual competitive use for Lost Longinus as of now.

I have thought about that, but Nightmare Longinus outclasses Lost Longinus, so I would not really count on it necessarily having a use. Also I don’t think single and dual layers would be banned from Limited, but for the same reason they’re not used in standard they would not be used in limited format with the exception of very few possibly.
(Apr. 08, 2020  6:55 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Apr. 08, 2020  6:38 PM)YishYash Wrote: It would be interesting if they allowed dual layers in as well. It would mean an actual competitive use for Lost Longinus as of now.

I have thought about that, but Nightmare Longinus outclasses Lost Longinus, so I would not really count on it necessarily having a use. Also I don’t think single and dual layers would be banned from Limited, but for the same reason they’re not used in standard they would not be used in limited format with the exception of very few possibly.
eE/Evipero E2 is a good counter for mG because it catches into its notches and bursts it and for people who don't have nL they have lL as an option. There are probably alot more reasons which I don't know of but Dual Layers would be a great addition to Limited in my opinion.
I've finally gotten my hands on the new Superking beys, and pretty much instantly decided to take some photos to prove something.

Right: Super Hyperion 1S, Left: Glide Hyperion 1S
[Image: wx9z4rh.png?2]

I'd heard on japanese Beyblade twitter that the Rings have the same intentionally designed looseness in order to reduce lock strength on Stamina/Defense Rings, much like the way it was done with Bases in GT. As you can see here, the Chip portion of the lock is flush with the teeth on Glide Hyperion, whereas it is sunken deeper on Super Hyperion. I assume there's some extra thickness between the Chip and the Chassis on the Attack/Balance rings in order to achieve this. The result of this is the looseness that has been documented with stock Glide Ragnaruk, and falsely blamed on the 1S Chassis.

Again, this is nothing new, and seems like a smart move on paper, but the fact this structural difference is being assigned by type and not by design means that pretty much every Stamina and Defense Ring is doomed to be easily burst, and any Attack or Balance rings that have designs that work better for Stamina/Defense (read: the inevitable Spriggan's Ring or any other defensive Balance-type Ring) may end up skirting this particular nerf in much the same way that Lord and Tact did. Though it is early in the series' lifespan and 
they could easily start applying this to Rings like that, based on previous decisions this will likely be the case.

This is especially weird because essentially the Ring is the only part on the Layer now that is altering burst resistance, since the Chip comprises the part of the lock which holds the Driver, and the Chassis has the lock's teeth, but all the Chassis thus far have the same Dragon/Fafnir-style locks. It would be nice to see them reintroduce the more varied lock designs from GT, but I kinda like all of the Chassis having the default style of locks so they're all on an equal playing field, theoretically. It feels more consistent, I guess?

But now there are basically only two levels of burst resistance now, "good" for Attack and Balance Layers and "you barely feel the lock as you assemble the darn thing" for Stamina and Defense Layers. Of course that's not taking into account Double vs. Single Chassis or how god-awful the shape of the Layer is that would make it burst after one hit, but based on just assembling and disassembling the Bey, those are basically the two modes I felt testing all of the Chassis on Super vs. Glide, with Super always feeling decent and Glide just... gliding past the teeth. Hah.
TrainiacJ yeah, it seems like Stamina and Defense Rings are only worth using on a Double Chassis because of the Burst issue. If you look at the teeth of Glide on 1A or 1B, you'll see that the Chip's portion of the lock is protruding more than the teeth, which seems useless on paper, but a Double Chassis can provide a lot of Burst Resistance even if the teeth feel terrible.
(Apr. 13, 2020  11:28 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote: I'd heard on japanese Beyblade twitter that the Rings have the same intentionally designed looseness in order to reduce lock strength on Stamina/Defense Rings, much like the way it was done with Bases in GT. As you can see here, the Chip portion of the lock is flush with the teeth on Glide Hyperion, whereas it is sunken deeper on Super Hyperion. I assume there's some extra thickness between the Chip and the Chassis on the Attack/Balance rings in order to achieve this. The result of this is the looseness that has been documented with stock Glide Ragnaruk, and falsely blamed on the 1S Chassis.

This is actually quite fascinating. Some GT bases raised the chip, but here it's implemented in reverse with the chassis being pulled in closer instead. Same effect, two different ways to do it.

Sort of disappointing, but it does give me more hope for single chassis in the Sparking game. I know I said before that 1S might be worth running so you can use Wheel on Attack types, but now that's looking even more possible.
i had a 'random thought' in regards to ebay beyblade shopping, and was curious if others have noticed and knew why:

i do most beyblade burst shopping on ebay. basically search "takara tomy beyblade burst" and sort by newly listed to see if any good deals show up.

when shopping takara tomy on ebay, obviously there is the sea of fakes to avoid.
however, ive been noticing a ton of something else lately : tons of ridiculously and ignorantly overpriced listings.

some of them, i can understand sort of...if its a limited corocoro or b-00 or gold version or whatever, ok i get it.

but just right now, things like:
75 bucks for a guardian kerbeus?
70 for a cho-z Valk? (not gold)
50 for the first Wyvern?
75 for the new Hyperion?
36 for wizard fafnir?
47 for cho-z achilles?
ive seen just random drivers, not even dash, or gold, or limited edition, being listed for 20, 30 dollars?

i could go on.....i just dont get it. and its not just one ebay seller. its multiple. many are from japan?
how do they think people will buy at these prices? if they did just a quick search/bit of research, they would notice the actual going price is twice, sometimes three times cheaper??

since im checking "newly listed" takara tomy burst stuff somewhat regularly, i notice sometimes 1/3rd, even half the listings are like this.
just curious if anyone else has noticed it.
Here is a random thought I had :

Types in Beyblade are often not representative of how the part behaves, or how it can be used.

For example, in my personal testings, I found that Heaven, a Stamina Base, fares well in Attack and Defense combos, making it effectively a Balance type.

The opposite happens with Xtend+ : a Balance type Driver that is excellent in spin stealing...

That's why I now tend to not give types to my combos, as they would otherwise all be Balance type...
(Apr. 14, 2020  11:27 PM)Kaiser138 Wrote: Here is a random thought I had :

Types in Beyblade are often not representative of how the part behaves, or how it can be used.

For example, in my personal testings, I found that Heaven, a Stamina Base, fares well in Attack and Defense combos, making it effectively a Balance type.

The opposite happens with Xtend+ : a Balance type Driver that is excellent in spin stealing...

That's why I now tend to not give types to my combos, as they would otherwise all be Balance type...

This is why a lot of testing has to be done in order to find the optimal use for each part. Takara Tomy and Hasbro both take more of a tunnel-vision approach when designing parts. The process is more about what type a part's gimmick and shape would fit into rather than what the part is actually good for.
Only og’s remember when beat kukulcan was supposed to be named beat Phoenix
(Apr. 15, 2020  1:36 AM)JavariTheChamp Wrote: Only og’s remember when beat kukulcan was supposed to be named beat Phoenix
It was not supposed to be named beat Phoenix because those two names are leak one after another
Oh, I thought it was supposed to be best Phoenix but it got changed. My bad
(Apr. 14, 2020  11:52 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Apr. 14, 2020  11:27 PM)Kaiser138 Wrote: Here is a random thought I had :

This is why a lot of testing has to be done in order to find the optimal use for each part. Takara Tomy and Hasbro both take more of a tunnel-vision approach when designing parts. The process is more about what type a part's gimmick and shape would fit into rather than what the part is actually good for.

There's also the fact that "Balance" encompasses anything with a mode change regardless of shape (hence Xtend+).

Even then, you can look at something on paper and go "yeah, that fits this typing" and then realize later that it's a lot more aggressive/defensive/spins for longer than I expected. By the time you've started making prototypes it's probably a little too late to go back to the drawing board unless there's a serious issue.
Now I have my glide ragnaruk and dont know how to get the chassis off.

Can someone describe in 2 sentences what to do? Turn and pull? I forgot how I put it on...