Beyblade Random Thoughts

Time to post what I think of the Burst beys I own:

-Dragoon Storm 5.M Loop: Not as much as a bey as a byproduct of my insight into Burst's random booster system (specifically, where the stickers are located, as my method of questionable legitimacy of determining what I was going to get was to look at the sticker sheet). The only notable parts of this bey are 5 and Meteor sadly; Loop isn't that good, and Dragoon S is just flimsy.

-Shelter Regulus 5.S Tower: If you're familiar with tropes, there should be one about girls that look beautiful but have the intelligence of a brick; Shelter Regulus is one of those beys. Tower doesn't even have the decency to at least sport an interesting gimmick (it's kinda like FConfused from MFB, and I hated that thing because it would be knocked off balance whenever the sharp tip goes out), and Shelter Regulus, while sporting a very cool-looking color scheme, is all but useless. But hey, it's got 5, it's got the moderately useful Star diskframe, it looks really cool, and it's a rare bey.

-Nightmare Longinus. Ds: HOLY CARP. This was one of the two very first Burst beys I own, and mother of all bey-gods is it powerful. Destroy is awesome (Imagine F230CF from MFB and it's not very far; Destroy is alike) due to it's LAD capabilities and aggressive attack pattern (I presume it's going to be one of my more-used Drivers) which enables it to nudge out things from the arena. Nightmare Longinus, meanwhile, not only looks really cool, but hits hard (and bonus points for homage to Ryuga with the dragon theme, since he is amongst my favorite characters for his sheer power and audacious personality post-Metal Fusion era). It's a shame my Burst collection is only fledgling at this point, because these two parts could certainly be experimented with a lot more. Maybe next time.

-Spriggan Requeim 0.Zt: The other of my first two purchases is this bey. It's dual spin (although it uses a weird winder to switch directions; you have to disassemble the bey so in a tourney situation you can't switch spin direction between rounds, unlike MFB where all you need to do is use a left-spin launcher), steals spin like a boss (a bit like a combo between MLD/LDD and Gravity Perseus), and (while I have to yet test it) seems to have Attack potential. Definitely one of the better ones in my collection, and I am sure I'll be seeing more of Spriggan in the future.

-Storm Spriggan K.U: I bought it because the Unite driver reminded me of MFB's CS, which was quite good. Sadly, Knuckle is all but useless and so is Storm Spriggan. Unite has been my main defensive/balance Driver for my small, sub-10-bey collection, and I'm considering it for usage when I get Sieg Xcalibur. Maybe it would make a good, yet weirdly-concepted combo that is a combination of what was known as the HMS Re-bounder combo (Seagon Attacker, CWD Defense Ring, and Grip Sharp Core) and traditional stationary attack; where it uses the high smash, high recoil Layer to KO the opponent while relying on a grippy driver to avoid a similar fate.

-Alter Chronos 6M.T: The 6M.T combination was a clever joke by Takara, with the typical 6-speed manual transmission car. Anyway, this was my first bey with a defensive layer. I bought it because I needed exactly that; a Layer to test attack combos against (I usually use Alter Chronos 5Meteo Unite for this purpose). 6 I personally haven't used, so I don't know how it performs. Meteor is decent, although I know it won't hold anything to Cross once I get ahold of it. Trans, meanwhile, has been a good Driver for me, although I'm a bit frustrated at it's inability to hold a decent flower pattern in aggresive mode.

So that's it. I might consider getting Sieg XCalibur or Victory Valkyrie to obtain a non-plastic Attack driver, or Blaze Ragnaruk to get a useful Layer, Disk and Disk Frame for my local-condition-collection. I'll try and find a way to get Cho-Z beys on vacation (mainly Revive and Dead Phoenix since they're both awesome when I read about them) but until the time comes I have to make do with what I have and what I can get here.
Knuckle used to be really versatile in dual layer era
Does the GT chip decide the rotation of the bey? If so, slash valkrie and probably a lot of other GT beyblades will act almost like 12 while in left spin. Will this be regulated?
(Apr. 03, 2019  8:11 PM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote: Does the GT chip decide the rotation of the bey? If so, slash valkrie and probably a lot of other GT beyblades will act almost like 12 while in left spin. Will this be regulated?

Both the chip and the base matter regarding spin direction. The chip has the launcher holding mechanism, while the base has the starting point for the driver, both which restrict them to only one spin direction.

Fafnir's chip will likely not be compatible with any of our current bases, and its base will likely not be compatible with any of our current chips because of this.
Quest is my favorite driver
(Apr. 03, 2019  8:19 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Apr. 03, 2019  8:11 PM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote: Does the GT chip decide the rotation of the bey? If so, slash valkrie and probably a lot of other GT beyblades will act almost like 12 while in left spin. Will this be regulated?

Both the chip and the base matter regarding spin direction. The chip has the launcher holding mechanism, while the base has the starting point for the driver, both which restrict them to only one spin direction.

Fafnir's chip will likely not be compatible with any of our current bases, and its base will likely not be compatible with any of our current chips because of this.

I just hope Fafnir won't become like L-Drago, I hope we get other Left spinning beys, I think it would be interesting to see how a dual rotation bey works in GT but the will most likely never happen.
(Apr. 03, 2019  9:09 PM)NobodyBlader Wrote:
(Apr. 03, 2019  8:19 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: Both the chip and the base matter regarding spin direction. The chip has the launcher holding mechanism, while the base has the starting point for the driver, both which restrict them to only one spin direction.

I just hope Fafnir won't become like L-Drago, I hope we get other Left spinning beys, I think it would be interesting to see how a dual rotation bey works in GT but the will most likely never happen.

Just by the design of the bases, this won't be a Metal Fight situation as long as there are plenty of Bases for Left-spin GT chips to use. And I believe dual-spin Beys are possible in this system.
Lol I found a parenting website that said hasbro Blast jinnius was the best beyblade in the world XD
(Apr. 03, 2019  10:30 PM)Ntruder19 Wrote: Lol I found a parenting website that said hasbro Blast jinnius was the best beyblade in the world XD

Can you link the site?
(Apr. 04, 2019  1:29 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Apr. 03, 2019  10:30 PM)Ntruder19 Wrote: Lol I found a parenting website that said hasbro Blast jinnius was the best beyblade in the world XD

Can you link the site?

I found it months ago and just remembered it
(Apr. 04, 2019  2:44 AM)Ntruder19 Wrote:
(Apr. 04, 2019  1:29 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Can you link the site?

I found it months ago and just remembered it

Okay thanksSmile
Is Winning Valkyrie 1' Operate a good competitive combo? Also what do I do if I go to a tournament but I don't have 3 beys for my deck?
(Apr. 04, 2019  3:33 AM)boigamer25 Wrote: Is Winning Valkyrie 1' Operate a good competitive combo? Also what do I do if I go to a tournament but I don't have 3 beys for my deck?

It’s decent but probably not OP. Also you can have a maximum of 3 BEYBLADES not must have 3 Beyblades
(Apr. 04, 2019  3:33 AM)boigamer25 Wrote: Is Winning Valkyrie 1' Operate a good competitive combo? Also what do I do if I go to a tournament but I don't have 3 beys for my deck?

That is not a competitive combo. Operate is terrible on stamina and 1’ isn’t very good. You can have a one bey deck
AWSOME! So I can join a tournament with one bey. Thanks you guys!!!!

Also thanks for for the combo tips. But is it at least decent?
(Apr. 04, 2019  3:50 AM)boigamer25 Wrote: AWSOME! So I can join a tournament with one bey. Thanks you guys!!!!

Also thanks for for the combo tips. But is it at least decent?

Yeah Operate is pretty good in Attack Mode
So, defense mode sucks XD
(Apr. 04, 2019  4:06 AM)boigamer25 Wrote: So, defense mode sucks XD

It’s meh…
(Apr. 04, 2019  2:56 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Apr. 04, 2019  2:44 AM)Ntruder19 Wrote: I found it months ago and just remembered it

Okay thanksSmile

I think it was wikihow but I don’t remember what the page was
Is it just me or do Cho-Z Valkyrie's Burst Stoppers bear an uncanny resemblance to Hasbro's red Thief Phoenix from Shogun Steel?
[Image: ajkOCCz.png]
Master Blader Horikawa is also Advertizer in Bakugan Masked H (Left).
(Apr. 05, 2019  9:07 AM)marutti Wrote: [Image: ajkOCCz.png]
Master Blader Horikawa is also Advertizer in Bakugan Masked H (Left).

EXACTLY WHEN I SAW IT, I realised this.
I so hope we get a GT Longinus, one with a very good Layer Base cause we desperately need an Attack Type that can take out Hell Salamander

The Slash Base can deal with Archer Hercules well, but it can't do much against Hell Salamander
(Apr. 05, 2019  4:35 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: I so hope we get a GT Longinus, one with a very good Layer Base cause we desperately need an Attack Type that can take out Hell Salamander

The Slash Base can deal with Archer Hercules well, but it can't do much against Hell Salamander

Yeah, Hell Salamander is hellish to deal with. At least its name is fitting.

Like, the biggest counter I'm aware of is a more aggressive Hell Salamander, and that's really more of a check than a counter.