Beyblade Random Thoughts

I promise that by the end of next week, the wiki will be 90% filled up
does anyone here think gingka is a bit.... too.... cliche?
"Okay a long time ago I thought these drafts were ready to be approved, let's se-

NOPE NOPE NOPE

REWRITES NEEDED BADLY"
I just come back from Japan and let me tell you, I have no idea where people are getting their Beyblade Burst products in Tokyo. I saw way more in Kyoto back in September, and I even tried to go to the big shops that are supposed to hold stock in Tokyo this time around. The only thing I saw was some Screw Tridents here and there, but nothing easily accessible as you had to go to the cashier of Yodobashi Camera and request one there from behind the counter. Anything else I saw were old products that nobody wants at all.

So, interpret that as you will, but whenever I go to Tokyo, I absolutely cannot say: "Oh yes wow, I can really see that Beyblade Burst is popular here". That is not the reality in stores. It may be different in terms of in-store events, even independent shops organizing tournaments, but man, for a toy that is supposed to be popular, huge, mainstream, etc., it should show its face more. Meanwhile, other TAKARA-TOMY toylines have their own sections in toy stores like all other companies' products, such as Bandai.

That being said, I was not even there really looking for Beyblades besides the fact that someone here had asked me to buy some of the new products if I found some. I was actually looking for Gundams, which I found plenty of hahah.
Soon the Wiki will be filled up completely (aside from 3, Hit, Under and Wedge since nobody is doing any testing with them, I don't even know how heavy they are compared to other frames)
(Feb. 21, 2018  2:52 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Soon the Wiki will be filled up completely (aside from 3, Hit, Under and Wedge since nobody is doing any testing with them, I don't even know how heavy they are compared to other frames)

That's nice. Also, I'm wondering, could someone tell me how Sr and bK are as layers? I hear they're good, but I haven't seen testing.
Spriggan Requiem has been tearing up the tournament scene due to its round shape and dual spin nature which makes it an amazing Defense/Stamina Type.

Beat Kukulcan seems comparable to Legend Spriggan and Sieg Xcalibur, though my wiki page was based mostly off of JoJo's videos where she only used the stock combo because it seemed to be really good. I think it's not on the level of Legend Spriggan and Sieg Xcalibur, but close to.
(Feb. 19, 2018  4:55 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I just come back from Japan and let me tell you, I have no idea where people are getting their Beyblade Burst products in Tokyo. I saw way more in Kyoto back in September, and I even tried to go to the big shops that are supposed to hold stock in Tokyo this time around. The only thing I saw was some Screw Tridents here and there, but nothing easily accessible as you had to go to the cashier of Yodobashi Camera and request one there from behind the counter. Anything else I saw were old products that nobody wants at all.

So, interpret that as you will, but whenever I go to Tokyo, I absolutely cannot say: "Oh yes wow, I can really see that Beyblade Burst is popular here". That is not the reality in stores. It may be different in terms of in-store events, even independent shops organizing tournaments, but man, for a toy that is supposed to be popular, huge, mainstream, etc., it should show its face more. Meanwhile, other TAKARA-TOMY toylines have their own sections in toy stores like all other companies' products, such as Bandai.

That being said, I was not even there really looking for Beyblades besides the fact that someone here had asked me to buy some of the new products if I found some. I was actually looking for Gundams, which I found plenty of hahah.

I mean, when I was there in November there was certainly shops like you describe with products behind the counter, but that was never consistent. I saw stores (Toys R Us, Bic Camera, Yodobashi, Bunbuku Toys) fully stocked and stores that were like what you describe. It really depends on where you go and when you go ... Don't think you can definitively say "That is not the reality in stores" because I've experienced the contrary.

And maybe part of the reason they put the product behind the counter sometimes is because of the limits put on them. Maybe it's easier to enforce that way. Not sure. I think it's only some Bic and Yodobashi that do that, but even in those stores depending on where/when you go there is dedicated sections for Beyblade with product stocked. First photo here is from Fukuoka, but it's a Yodobashi on the day Nightmare Longinus was released. They had a TON of all the new releases and a long line for it all formed pretty quickly at the cashier after the store opened.

In terms of events, I can say that in Tokyo since 2015 the number of participants has increased on average based on my first-hand experience.

I also think that it is more fair to compare Beyblade to card games than things like Gundam because consumers are more likely to want to buy multiple of a single Beyblade than multiple of a single Gundam, like they would with packs of cards from a TCG. And TCG packs are usually not hung on shelves in Japanese stores like Bic and Yodobashi; it's always just plastic cards with a picture of the pack which you have to bring to the cashier. So, I'm not sure using the amount of physical space the display of Beyblade occupies in any given store is necessarily the best or only metric that should be used for gauging the popularity of the series. It's more complicated than that, especially since the physical space within the store often varies so much from place to place.
Yesterday i got my Mugen Stadium set, and i tried Dranzer S.Mugen, burst in 1 hit on any beyblade haha
random thought, there are only 5-6 episodes left before this season is over so i suspect the next 4 episodes will finish off the tournament with the last 1-2 episodes possibly explaining the whole Toko having screw trident situation

ALSO i hope we get to see some of the later released god beys get re-released in the new random boosters for example like,  deep Chaos/ark Bahamut/nightmare Longinus/galaxy Zeus/beat Kukulcan  

i feel like a yellow dC, green aB, red nL, blue gZ, & a black bK would look phenominal
I just got Hasbro's Legend Spryzen. The thing is EXACTLY the same as Takara Tomy's in performance. But it has two advantages

1. Hasbro's slopes don't wear down like Takara Tomy's teeth (especially the first two on Legend Spriggan)
2. Hasbro Xtremes are made of softer rubber so the classic Legend Spriggan combination is even stronger
(Feb. 21, 2018  6:40 PM)Bey_$avage Wrote: random thought, there are only 5-6 episodes left before this season is over so i suspect the next 4 episodes will finish off the tournament with the last 1-2 episodes possibly explaining the whole Toko having screw trident situation

ALSO i hope we get to see some of the later released god beys get re-released in the new random boosters for example like,  deep Chaos/ark Bahamut/nightmare Longinus/galaxy Zeus/beat Kukulcan  

i feel like a yellow dC, green aB, red nL, blue gZ, & a black bK would look phenominal
Only nL and maybe gZ because the new ChouZetsu series have metal on the layers
(Feb. 19, 2018  4:55 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I just come back from Japan and let me tell you, I have no idea where people are getting their Beyblade Burst products in Tokyo. I saw way more in Kyoto back in September, and I even tried to go to the big shops that are supposed to hold stock in Tokyo this time around. The only thing I saw was some Screw Tridents here and there, but nothing easily accessible as you had to go to the cashier of Yodobashi Camera and request one there from behind the counter. Anything else I saw were old products that nobody wants at all.

to me it seems you are just trying to point out Burst flaws by any means possible
(Feb. 21, 2018  9:13 PM)Limetka Wrote:

to me it seems you are just trying to point out Burst flaws by any means possible

Dude that's kai-v ... Check yo'self before you wreck yo'self man
(Feb. 21, 2018  9:24 PM)Bey_$avage Wrote:
(Feb. 21, 2018  9:13 PM)Limetka Wrote: to me it seems you are just trying to point out Burst flaws by any means possible

Dude that's kai-v ... Check yo'self before you wreck yo'self man

why would the poster matter
Well, i just found that putting Infinity Sr against dF is VERY time consuming, had the stadium running for a day now, battle still hasn't ended, though i saw that a tooth from my dF was cracked beforehand. Also, the Mugen base is compatible with hasbro, but it's hard to burst
(Feb. 21, 2018  10:07 PM)Limetka Wrote:
(Feb. 21, 2018  9:24 PM)Bey_$avage Wrote: Dude that's kai-v ... Check yo'self before you wreck yo'self man

Because kai-v basically has the most clout in the WBO
(Feb. 21, 2018  10:07 PM)Limetka Wrote:
(Feb. 21, 2018  9:24 PM)Bey_$avage Wrote: Dude that's kai-v ... Check yo'self before you wreck yo'self man

Because I know what I am talking about since I have been in this community, studying Beyblade since 2003. Where were you then? Even born yet?

All I am doing is stating the facts of my journey in Tokyo, actually looking for toys and barely seeing any Beyblades.
Now, only four parts need pages on the wiki
3 (Which nobody tests)
Hit (Which nobody tests)
Under (Which nobody tests)
Octa (Which....I'm having writers block with)

(NOT INCLUDING HABSRO EXCLUSIVE RELEASES)
Is anyone interested in buying thiese Plastic Generation Beytblade Intructions from Japan, they could have valuable info like Stats, etc, for the Beyblade wikia:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/BEYBLADE-Instru...Sw1ZBUvhZQ
So Cognite C3, seems to be not as Burst resistant as Alter Chronos, but that's the only differences.

Would you call the Hasbro Cognite C3 Layer a welcome purchase instead of a must have or recommend it for collection purposes only?
(Feb. 23, 2018  6:54 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: So Cognite C3, seems to be not as Burst resistant as Alter Chronos, but that's the only differences.

Would you call the Hasbro Cognite C3 Layer a welcome purchase instead of a must have or recommend it for collection purposes only?
I have some Cognite C3 tests that I'll be doing soon so we can all get to some sort of conclusion of C3's fate. I'd say wait for now, but if you do decide to add it, it can always be changed later once more testing has been completed.
(Feb. 21, 2018  7:24 AM)BusyBlader Wrote: Yesterday i got my Mugen Stadium set, and i tried Dranzer S.Mugen, burst in 1 hit on any beyblade haha

id like to see u do that with NEPSTRIUS!
If one day you say that the beyblade dub in your language is bad...
Remember that in french 
It's the same voice for theses 3 characters
[Image: 65622.jpg][Image: latest?cb=20170525192042]
[Image: latest?cb=20131117201703]