Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Aug. 03, 2017  12:36 AM)thoriumRing Wrote:
(Aug. 02, 2017  11:17 PM)MWF Wrote: Sadly it will be unable to be used for testing as well because of the rules. Plus someone could make heavier versions of the disks so to prevent that only official non modded parts are alowed.

It would be an interesting thing to play around with, but the only way to ensure you had the right alloy would be to melt down actual discs.

So it could be used to remake broken Discs? That would mean if you cast it one you got it, and it started to crack, it could be reforged, Right?
(Aug. 05, 2017  12:29 AM)BusyBlader Wrote:
(Aug. 03, 2017  12:36 AM)thoriumRing Wrote: It would be an interesting thing to play around with, but the only way to ensure you had the right alloy would be to melt down actual discs.

So it could be used to remake broken Discs? That would mean if you cast it one you got it, and it started to crack, it could be reforged, Right?

So many variables. You'd have to make perfect mold and cast it perfectly. And clean it while keeping the weight identical. You'd need a lot of kit to get even close to an accurate reproduction.
I was just looking around Amazon when I stumbled across this review
https://imgur.com/dbmMWrb
(Aug. 05, 2017  7:48 AM)Mage Wrote: I was just looking around Amazon when I stumbled across this review

#growinguphasbro
(Aug. 05, 2017  7:48 AM)Mage Wrote: I was just looking around Amazon when I stumbled across this review

THE BEYGOD
Wow, can't believe I missed Angry Face's post about the differences between God Chips. That's really interesting. We'll have to see if we need to make a ruling about this too ...

edit: Just tried mG with an A# God Chip. It's like putting together a Hasbro Layer with a TT Driver. Yeah, we can't let this be legal. Crazy.
(Aug. 05, 2017  2:52 PM)Kei Wrote: Wow, can't believe I missed Angry Face's post about the differences between God Chips. That's really interesting. We'll have to see if we need to make a ruling about this too ...

edit: Just tried mG with an A# God Chip. It's like putting together a Hasbro Layer with a TT Driver. Yeah, we can't let this be legal. Crazy.

How can you tell which God chips are A series?
(Aug. 05, 2017  3:27 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2017  2:52 PM)Kei Wrote: Wow, can't believe I missed Angry Face's post about the differences between God Chips. That's really interesting. We'll have to see if we need to make a ruling about this too ...

There is a moulding number code stamped on the bottom outer rim of the God Chips. If yours says A plus any number, it should be the version that is slightly taller and thereby tighter fitting in your combos (with mG being to a ridiculous degree because it's similar to a Hasbro Layer with no teeth).
(Aug. 05, 2017  3:27 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote:

They have mould numbers on the bottom of them. It'll be like A2, B4, etc.

Edit: Drat, I've been ninja'd. :p
(Aug. 05, 2017  3:34 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2017  3:27 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: How can you tell which God chips are A series?

They have mould numbers on the bottom of them. It'll be like A2, B4, etc.

Edit: Drat, I've been ninja'd. :p

I got an A1 on the Alter Chronos lol. Than might be why it was so hard to get out lol.
I only have Drain Fafnir (B5) and Blaze Ragnaruk (A1) at the moment, but I decided try out the God Chip thing for myself.  While the A1 God Chip was indeed a tighter fit for dF, oddly enough the B5 one was a tighter fit for bR. It's probably also worth noting that both God Chips made a tighter fit for bR than either of them are for dF. I don't have any calipers, but to the naked eye the B5 chips appears to be just slightly taller for me.

EDIT: Just weighed both, the B5 chip is .50g and the A1 chip is .49g

For what it's worth, I would be extremely cautious about stating that a different production # indicates a mold difference unless we're absolutely sure it's true, just because that particular myth has been debunked on several occasions in the past (most notably the Hasbro Scythe, but also F230, Virgo, and Dragooon to name a few).

Not a big deal, but seeing this makes me wonder what Hasbro's reasonings are for such name changes when names like Valkyrie, Xcalibur, Spriggan, and others are fine the way they are.
(Aug. 06, 2017  6:52 AM)SP451 Wrote:

Not a big deal, but seeing this makes me wonder what Hasbro's reasonings are for such name changes when names like Valkyrie, Xcalibur, Spriggan, and others are fine the way they are.

Overreaction to twitchy parents seeing pagan influences in by naming toys after gods and monsters. It's very 80's Satanic Panic.
Satanic Panic would be an excellent spoof metal or jokey hot sauce name.
(Aug. 06, 2017  2:07 PM)thoriumRing Wrote:
(Aug. 06, 2017  6:52 AM)SP451 Wrote: Not a big deal, but seeing this makes me wonder what Hasbro's reasonings are for such name changes when names like Valkyrie, Xcalibur, Spriggan, and others are fine the way they are.

Overreaction to twitchy parents seeing pagan influences in by naming toys after gods and monsters. It's very 80's Satanic Panic.

Can confirm, it took my parents 20 years and 2 childhoods (myself now an adult and my younger brother) to finally begrudgingly believe that Pokemon ISN'T Satanic.
For people interested in MFB still. I at yesterday's event tried Scythe Cancer BD and it was seriously extremely powerful stamina type. It OSed Duo 230TB/BGrin/E230TB and also survived AaryanBITW's Flash R2F and beaten all Dragoon Scynchrome it came accross (though I didn't got placed due to I self KO Death BD145RDF against Balance Blader and lost in tiebreaker due to AaryanBITW and Eurekaboy had superior MF on Baku 85MF and I'm not good with Hasbro winder launcher which we 3 decided to use)
(Aug. 08, 2017  11:32 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: For people interested in MFB still. I at yesterday's event tried Scythe Cancer BD and it was seriously extremely powerful stamina type. It OSed Duo 230TB/BGrin/E230TB and also survived AaryanBITW's Flash R2F and beaten all Dragoon Scynchrome it came accross (though I didn't got placed due to I self KO Death BD145RDF against Balance Blader and lost in tiebreaker due to AaryanBITW and Eurekaboy had superior MF on Baku 85MF and I'm not good with Hasbro winder launcher  which we 3 decided to use)

How does it compare to duo/phantom bd as those were the two wheels that outclassed it
(Aug. 08, 2017  11:54 AM)mj9 Wrote:
(Aug. 08, 2017  11:32 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: For people interested in MFB still. I at yesterday's event tried Scythe Cancer BD and it was seriously extremely powerful stamina type. It OSed Duo 230TB/BGrin/E230TB and also survived AaryanBITW's Flash R2F and beaten all Dragoon Scynchrome it came accross (though I didn't got placed due to I self KO Death BD145RDF against Balance Blader and lost in tiebreaker due to AaryanBITW and Eurekaboy had superior MF on Baku 85MF and I'm not good with Hasbro winder launcher  which we 3 decided to use)

How does it compare to duo/phantom bd as those were the two wheels that outclassed it

It did quite similer but it OS E230CS/TB and 230D/TB (I will try against MB today) consistantly (as both were making contact with its free spinning PC Frame). It was able to OS duo on mirror setup too. Way it did against opposite spin was similer to Duo. Same with vs Attack performace but it might did just a little better then Duo against Flash and Balro.

Duo and Phantom probably has more stamina then it but on this specific setup it does better
TAKARA-TOMY completely ruined their illusion of "Hall of Fame" by adding the ruling about Maximum Garuda's God Chips there. Nothing glorious or famous about that anymore, that page is clearly just a banlist...

https://beyblade.takaratomy.co.jp/fame
(Aug. 08, 2017  5:06 PM)Kai-V Wrote: TAKARA-TOMY completely ruined their illusion of "Hall of Fame" by adding the ruling about Maximum Garuda's God Chips there. Nothing glorious or famous about that anymore, that page is clearly just a banlist...

https://beyblade.takaratomy.co.jp/fame

Don't break kayfabe, you can't blame a corporation for putting a positive spin on their toys. 

Oof that's a terrible pun.
(Aug. 08, 2017  2:25 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:
(Aug. 08, 2017  11:54 AM)mj9 Wrote: How does it compare to duo/phantom bd as those were the two wheels that outclassed it

It did quite similer but it OS E230CS/TB and 230D/TB (I will try against MB today) consistantly (as both were making contact with its free spinning PC Frame). It was able to OS duo on mirror setup too. Way it did against opposite spin was similer to Duo. Same with vs Attack performace but it might did just a little better then Duo against Flash and Balro.

Duo and Phantom probably has more stamina then it but on this specific setup it does better

Another thing I forgot to mention was @[AaryanBITW] used Duo Leone 230WD and OSED Griago Dragoon SA165BWD. I know D actually outclassed WD on 230 though did anyone else expericed this with Duo 230WD?
WD is definitely better in my expierence on 230 against non-attack opponents, it wobbles more near the end of the battle than just tipping over like D or SD.
can someone teach me how to make L2's Death Spiral (in real life)?
I'm kind of new to this but what's hms?