Beyblade Random Thoughts

I just noticed that Revolve looks almost just like AS[Around Sharp] from MFB...
(Jul. 31, 2017  3:01 AM)Blader ZK7 Wrote: I just noticed that Revolve looks almost just like AS[Around Sharp] from MFB...

You only just noticed?
What's the point of the first version of Kerbeas or however you call it? I have used it once against my little bro who was using a Hasbro version of Valtryek V2 and Kerbeas just bursted every time. So whats so special about it anyways?
(Jul. 31, 2017  6:46 AM)beybladegeek78 Wrote: What's the point of the first version of Kerbeas or however you call it? I have used it once against my little bro who was using a Hasbro version of Valtryek V2 and Kerbeas just bursted every time. So whats so special about it anyways?

The Hasbro version of Kerbeus is top-tier in stamina (in the Hasbro metagame).
(Jul. 31, 2017  6:46 AM)beybladegeek78 Wrote: What's the point of the first version of Kerbeas or however you call it? I have used it once against my little bro who was using a Hasbro version of Valtryek V2 and Kerbeas just bursted every time. So whats so special about it anyways?

It was the first thing so it's probably outdated by now, but back then the TT version was good. I forgot how the Hasbro version is. There's a lot of other useless releases that sees no point now.
(Jul. 31, 2017  6:50 AM)Basalt Fox Wrote:

The Hasbro version of Kerbeus is top-tier in stamina (in the Hasbro metagame).

That darn metagame. Always fooling me and a few unlucky kids like me
i wonder what could be done to make attack viable in burst, since stamina/defence hybrids dominate the metagame.
Maybe TT could release a smaller stadium, or something with a better tornado ridge, and a slightly steeper slope.
a much softer version of xtreme, maybe the same material from grip change base's tip.
a more compact layer with OWD added by metal, but it would weigh the same as a god layer.
What if Sieg Xcalibur has 4 swords?
(Jul. 31, 2017  2:13 PM)Basalt Fox Wrote: What if Sieg Xcalibur has 4 swords?

That in no way will happen lol. Xcalibur has always been asymmetrical, and I feel they will stick to a 1 sword design here. Probably add a sheild thing, but I do not see more than one blade in that to be honest. gV still has 3 blades with 3 minor ones in between, bR still is 2 sided.
(Jul. 31, 2017  2:13 PM)Basalt Fox Wrote: What if Sieg Xcalibur has 4 swords?

Well it will lose its one contact point thing but then the magnum of the god system would be the cross frame.

If that is true the combo would be sX._C._
(Jul. 31, 2017  2:30 PM)MWF Wrote:
(Jul. 31, 2017  2:13 PM)Basalt Fox Wrote: What if Sieg Xcalibur has 4 swords?

Well it will lose its one contact point thing but then the magnum of the god system would be the cross frame.

I wonder what the driver would be...

Who is the cringiest character in all beyblade animes/mangas?
I'm wandering when Tyson and the bladebreakers is gonna appear again in the Burst anime
(Jul. 31, 2017  4:57 PM)beybladegeek78 Wrote: I'm wandering when Tyson and the bladebreakers is gonna appear again in the Burst anime

Never... They are not in the same universe/generation.
(Jul. 31, 2017  5:04 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jul. 31, 2017  4:57 PM)beybladegeek78 Wrote: I'm wandering when Tyson and the bladebreakers is gonna appear again in the Burst anime

Never... They are not in the same universe/generation.
darn
(Jul. 31, 2017  2:42 PM)Blader ZK7 Wrote:
(Jul. 31, 2017  2:30 PM)MWF Wrote: Well it will lose its one contact point thing but then the magnum of the god system would be the cross frame.

I wonder what the driver would be...

Who is the cringiest character in all beyblade animes/mangas?

With the driver thing I have no idea but I have an idea for a new driver. Not sure what to call it but it will be a flat like driver wider than assault with the center being a semi curved extreme so depending on the angle either plastic or rubber contacts.

Think of a reverse unite but wider and it is only attack.
(Jul. 28, 2017  2:51 PM)MWF Wrote:
(Jul. 28, 2017  2:10 AM)Grey Bey Wrote: just an idea I made for Ark Bahamut,I don't think this should have it's own thread so I'll post it here.[Image: DEkeaFsWAAASw65.jpg]

Interesting concept but I think that 20 contact points is a little much. I mean that for defence it could be good but it could turn out like the poison wheel. What's the gimmick?

well,i agree the 20 contact points was a little too much,but the god ability is: 
The more the layer loses clicks, the more the spikes will retract, leaving the layer more circular (not a Garuda-like circular,it will still have some very little edges)
the beyblade is left spin,and i just realised it looks like the g-revolution's pierce hedgehog,for some...strange reason.
(Jul. 31, 2017  10:19 PM)Grey Bey Wrote:
(Jul. 28, 2017  2:51 PM)MWF Wrote: Interesting concept but I think that 20 contact points is a little much. I mean that for defence it could be good but it could turn out like the poison wheel. What's the gimmick?

well,i agree the 20 contact points was a little too much,but the god ability is: 
The more the layer loses clicks, the more the spikes will retract, leaving the layer more circular (not a Garuda-like circular,it will still have some very little edges)
the beyblade is left spin,and i just realised it looks like the g-revolution's pierce hedgehog,for some...strange reason.

Well interesting idea yet some revisions will need to be made. The design is good for defence and a similar case, wild wyvern, shows that deflecting attacks can result in counter attacks but with 20 contact points it would not have enough force behind each impact and would act like more of a K2 than a W2. The way to work with the gimmick is to reverse the action. It will start with small parrying contact points that act like K2 and negate knockback but with each click will slightly flair out the blades to parry the attack.

No clicks: generally round with minimal recoil
One click: the contact points are slightly emerging as attacks start to be deflected.
Second click: the contact points are at the angle of W2.
Third click: the angle is the equivalent of the wings on V2 for a final last ditch effort attack to take out the enemy.
(Jul. 31, 2017  11:21 PM)MWF Wrote:
(Jul. 31, 2017  10:19 PM)Grey Bey Wrote: well,i agree the 20 contact points was a little too much,but the god ability is: 

Well interesting idea yet some revisions will need to be made. The design is good for defence and a similar case, wild wyvern, shows that deflecting attacks can result in counter attacks but with 20 contact points it would not have enough force behind each impact and would act like more of a K2 than a W2. The way to work with the gimmick is to reverse the action. It will start with small parrying contact points that act like K2 and negate knockback but with each click will slightly flair out the blades to parry the attack.

No clicks: generally round with minimal recoil
One click: the contact points are slightly emerging as attacks start to be deflected.
Second click: the contact points are at the angle of W2.
Third click: the angle is the equivalent of the wings on V2 for a final last ditch effort attack to take out the enemy.
thanks for the help
(Jul. 31, 2017  12:24 AM)TL14 Wrote: Why do people even think johnflippride manipulates the battles?

Because his stadium would shift a few centimeters just about every round. Not to mention how intense the rounds were. If you just happen to coincidentally get the beyblades fly out uncontrollably every round then something is up.
And please take in mind that Draciel MS won against Phantom Orion...
I know, everything is possible, a battle can turn out this and that way. But the weight difference, the fact that Orion is one of the best MFB while Draciel MS is one of the worst HMS beys...
I'm just a liiiittle bit suspicious about that battle outcome with him being a plastics/hms enthusiast, haha.
And yes, the battles are way too intense, even with a really powerful launch.

That's just entertainment. And entertainment works best with a bit of... "alteration".
(Aug. 01, 2017  3:13 PM)Howaitonekon Wrote: And please take in mind that Draciel MS won against Phantom Orion...
I know, everything is possible, a battle can turn out this and that way. But the weight difference, the fact that Orion is one of the best MFB while Draciel MS is one of the worst HMS beys...
I'm just a liiiittle bit suspicious about that battle outcome with him being a plastics/hms enthusiast, haha.
And yes, the battles are way too intense, even with a really powerful launch.

That's just entertainment. And entertainment works best with a bit of... "alteration".

With enough effort, John could make dFPAt vs any right spin stamina burst combo entertaining, and also make dFPAt lose.
(Jul. 30, 2017  9:29 PM)Kevo Wrote: I had a lot of respect for his work until I found out how he would lash out at anyone who accused him of staging his battles. This unwanted attention is probably what led to his leave from YouTube.

Indeed. I worked hard to correct his initial impression of me after I mentioned how much more entertaining his videos were and how I watched others' solely for performance reviews. It was an uphill struggle all the way and, when I found out he was rigging matches, I finally understood why he was so defensive and had been so ready to assume that I was against him.

It's sad but he was clearly way too uptight about it when he really didn't need to be. Rigged or not, he made great videos and that's all that really mattered.
I was bored yesterday and got the idea of trying to put a bearing on a driver so I removed the bearing from an awful Walmart fidget spinner and put it on jaggy and it fit. At first I thought it wound be aggressive but then I found out that it has an interesting counter attack movement.

Not sure what to call it though.
(Aug. 02, 2017  5:24 PM)thoriumRing Wrote: Twitchy!

So the driver would be shortened to Tw and the combo I am using with it would be K2.H.Tw