Beyblade Random Thoughts

But wouldn't it be illegal to use that plastic CS in tournaments because it's something intirely different and wouldn't it become a FS when it's made out of plastic? All of my rubber bottoms are made out of real rubber I beleive because when you spin them on a rough surface small fragments come off like on an ereaser.
It's an official part, so of course it would not be illegal.
Is the CS of Ray Unicorno D125CS Aurora Ver. made out of very hard rubber like the LRF from the Ultimate DX Set or is it real plastic?
(May. 08, 2016  10:32 PM)Zera Wrote: Is the CS of Ray Unicorno D125CS Aurora Ver. made out of very hard rubber like the LRF from the Ultimate DX Set or is it real plastic?

I guess it's harder then usual Rubber. Some says it's plastic and some says it's rubber. Idk exactly

Btw. @[ashton pinto], used it at last event and won. I seen his CS it was wearing just like normal one
(May. 08, 2016  10:52 PM)FIREFIRE Wrote:
(May. 08, 2016  10:32 PM)Zera Wrote: Is the CS of Ray Unicorno D125CS Aurora Ver. made out of very hard rubber like the LRF from the Ultimate DX Set or is it real plastic?

I guess it's harder then usual Rubber. Some says it's plastic and some says it's rubber. Idk exactly

Btw. @[ashton pinto], used it at last event and won. I seen his CS it was wearing just like normal one

Thank you for your answer. Smile

Um what? It would be part rubber and part plastic like any CS. What makes you think otherwise?
(May. 08, 2016  11:03 PM)Ultra Wrote:

Um what? It would be part rubber and part plastic like any CS. What makes you think otherwise?

(May. 08, 2016  7:15 PM)1234beyblade Wrote:
(May. 08, 2016  7:10 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I mean, technically they never use real rubber but instead softer plastic, so perhaps the plastic used is just different because they wanted it to be transparent. If the plastic is harder than the usual 'rubber', it still makes it different than TAKARA-TOMY just using the CS mould and pouring exclusively the same sort of plastic in it.

I have no idea how I can prove this to you, but when you scratch the "rubber" of the CS it feels like a rough plastic, like not how an energy ring feels or something like that it literally just feels like the inner plastic of a regular CS (basically the feeling of a sort of worn part).

Probably the last few posts in this thread by 1234beyblade that state otherwise?
(May. 08, 2016  11:07 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:

Probably the last few posts in this thread by 1234beyblade that state otherwise?

Okay I didn't notice but why did he ask the question when those posts kind of made it clear that there are doubts as to whether we really know.
I don't see "doubts", just the only member currently on here who seems to actually own it sharing his thoughts on it. Not sure what the alternative is.

so yeah as you can see the clear CS gives off much more "plastic" like sounds while the regular CS gives off a more friction sounding sound.

When i start rubbing the top the clear one barely gives any sign of friction sounds while the other one does.
Seeing the rubber getting compressed or pulled on each tip would have been more telling, because you cannot do that at all with plastic. Sound is unfortunately not an accurate way to determine characteristic properties of substances, in science.

The original CoroCoro promotion clearly says that the rubber is clear, and that it is still 'rubber': http://oi48.tinypic.com/15gva6g.jpg
If on top of that the box also lists two different materials for the tip, then it should still be considered rubber, just a harder kind.
If it is rubber then that's the hardest "rubber" I've ever felt (it's like one of those dried out erasers that's like so hard that it doesn't erase anything), and I'm sure everyone who's seen it in Toronto can agree.
Erasers are indeed commonly composed of rubber hah.
Alright, I know what it feels like now! The Dragoon V base!
Which was still rubber, but was so hard that it felt and performed like most plastic tips would. Phew. I hope we can put this long national nightmare of uncertainty behind us.
No need for mockery, since this is a major part of what competitive Beyblade is about. Also the Beywiki article for Dragoon V states that the tip is only plastic, not rubber, so this poses a problem one way or another.
(May. 09, 2016  3:08 AM)Kai-V Wrote: No need for mockery, since this is a major part of what competitive Beyblade is about. Also the Beywiki article for Dragoon V states that the tip is only plastic, not rubber, so this poses a problem one way or another.

Well, I don't have evidence regarding what Dragoon V's tip actually is, though I assume it's a rubber tip like every other Dragoon. Although you yourself said they never use "real rubber" so what we're really discussing is varying degrees of soft plastic, anyway.

It's not mockery, but I also don't think it's a huge deal if someone is wrong about something. Either way, it helped us get closer to the truth and learn more information than we knew previously (it may still be "rubber", but it's so hard that it feels and functions more similarly to "plastic" than the rubber in a typical CS). This "wrong" information was still more valuable than no information.

So, thanks 1234 for helping us get a bit closer to the truth Smile
Alright, so maybe more like Dragoon V2's rubber? It's basically as hard as Dragoon V's blade base. Though I still think one would have to feel it in person to know what i'm talking about lol, it's a very unique feel imo.
Dragoon V's tip is definitely plastic.
It's like a rubbery or soft plastic tho. It seems like after Grip Attacker and Dragoon S they wanted to find a tip that would wear less and still have grip, trying out different consistencies of soft plastic and rubber, or what seems to me like a mix of the two, from Dragoon F through V2 and finally pretty much getting to what we have today by GT, MS and MSUV.
Probably to make it clear they had to go all the way back the rubbery soft plastic like V. Any softer and it prolly would have to be a solid color and not clear, like V2 and beyond
I have to put this somewhere (because it's too awesome to neglect, even if it is old and has been covered before) so it might as well be here for prosperity. Wubalubadubdub!!!

So this thread rolled off-topic into a discussion about the severe lack of educational spinning top videos on the internet; particularly relating specifically to Beyblade. I agree that the number of relevant educational spinning top videos is very small and I also agree that many (but certainly not all) of the existing video are of lackluster quality. In a full-on five-minute research and cramming session I pulled like a ninja just momentations after the fact, I came across this video from Disney:

I don't know why this video is from Disney exactly (it's not exactly Up) but I suspect a bunch of students invented a novel algorithm for printing whacky 3D objects with near-perfect weight distribution to be used as spinning tops. Disney (and pretty much everyoe else) often buys ideas like this from students to use in their products (such as movies and toys) but they also use student-sourced technologies in their rides at Disneyland or whatever. So this technology has a wide range of applications which will likely confuse the nuts out of the historians a thousand years from now.

Five points to the person who can locate for me the academic paper they reference in the video. I must have it.

But notice two things about this video. First, the quality is balls. I mean, slow motion is nice and everything but one really must admit that they're just pumping this video out to illustrate the idea rather than sell it. It's an academic video... So who cares, right?

Except the thread I linked to at the start of this post train cares. Fact is: the better your video (no matter what it is about) the more people will watch. If you hit a million views with a bad video, just imagine how many you would have got with a good video. Dopey. Le sigh.

The second thing, obviously, is that this technology would be particularly awesome for designing Beyblades. I mean, jeez, even an inanimate spinning top could imagine the kind of crazy jazz this tech might create. One-sided off-centre single moment-of-inertia Beyblades? Chaos reigns.

Two MORE things from the video. First, the technology addresses the issue of off-centre weight distribution by hollowing out 3D printed objects. Sucks to be anything but a 3D printed object. But on top of that, the technology fails to address the resulting aerodynamic "drag" issues you'll get if you design a whacky top based on a break-dancing armadillo. By creating an asymetrical top, you're likely messing with the aerodynamics of the thing and creating more problems thatn you're solving.

I can imagine solutions to this. Consider that throwing knives don't seem to care about drag and you'll see how a single-hit-point Beyblade might work.

Second, you'll notice the technology is owned by Disney. Not Takara-Tomy, Hasbro or Disruption Entertainment (doing the movie). So... No awesome spinning armadillo Beyblades for you. Urgh, Mondays are the worst.
(May. 09, 2016  2:12 PM)Beylon Wrote: I have to put this somewhere (because it's too awesome to neglect, even if it is old and has been covered before) so it might as well be here for prosperity. Wubalubadubdub!!!

So this thread rolled off-topic into a discussion about the severe lack of educational spinning top videos on the internet; particularly relating specifically to Beyblade. I agree that the number of relevant educational spinning top videos is very small and I also agree that many (but certainly not all) of the existing video are of lackluster quality. In a full-on five-minute research and cramming session I pulled like a ninja just momentations after the fact, I came across this video from Disney:

I don't know why this video is from Disney exactly (it's not exactly Up) but I suspect a bunch of students invented a novel algorithm for printing whacky 3D objects with near-perfect weight distribution to be used as spinning tops. Disney (and pretty much everyoe else) often buys ideas like this from students to use in their products (such as movies and toys) but they also use student-sourced technologies in their rides at Disneyland or whatever. So this technology has a wide range of applications which will likely confuse the nuts out of the historians a thousand years from now.

Five points to the person who can locate for me the academic paper they reference in the video. I must have it.

But notice two things about this video. First, the quality is balls. I mean, slow motion is nice and everything but one really must admit that they're just pumping this video out to illustrate the idea rather than sell it. It's an academic video... So who cares, right?

Except the thread I linked to at the start of this post train cares. Fact is: the better your video (no matter what it is about) the more people will watch. If you hit a million views with a bad video, just imagine how many you would have got with a good video. Dopey. Le sigh.

The second thing, obviously, is that this technology would be particularly awesome for designing Beyblades. I mean, jeez, even an inanimate spinning top could imagine the kind of crazy jazz this tech might create. One-sided off-centre single moment-of-inertia Beyblades? Chaos reigns.

Two MORE things from the video. First, the technology addresses the issue of off-centre weight distribution by hollowing out 3D printed objects. Sucks to be anything but a 3D printed object. But on top of that, the technology fails to address the resulting aerodynamic "drag" issues you'll get if you design a whacky top based on a break-dancing armadillo. By creating an asymetrical top, you're likely messing with the aerodynamics of the thing and creating more problems thatn you're solving.

I can imagine solutions to this. Consider that throwing knives don't seem to care about drag and you'll see how a single-hit-point Beyblade might work.

Second, you'll notice the technology is owned by Disney. Not Takara-Tomy, Hasbro or Disruption Entertainment (doing the movie). So... No awesome spinning armadillo Beyblades for you. Urgh, Mondays are the worst.
Oh man. I thought it was an unstoppable spinning top. Anyway, Thanks for the interesting topic you showed us. And wow. Someday there might be like some Beyblade actions. Like, get your own beyblade by High - Tech 3D Printers.
Got out my old Wide Square for the first time in forever today, and I couldn't help but feel oddly nostalgic. That stadium was the first I ever bought and the only one I owned for a while. I'll never forget testing stamina combos before my first few tournaments in it and hoping that the results would translate in the BB-10. Will always be one of my favorites, despite the terrible design.
(May. 11, 2016  4:55 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: Got out my old Wide Square for the first time in forever today, and I couldn't help but feel oddly nostalgic. That stadium was the first I ever bought and the only one I owned for a while. I'll never forget testing stamina combos before my first few tournaments in it and hoping that the results would translate in the BB-10. Will always be one of my favorites, despite the terrible design.
Atleast you got Wide Square, I got ultimate bey-ta stadium. Terrible in testings and battles. Even an improvised stadium i made was better. But Bey-ta Stadium was a bit fun with Prototype Nemesis though. With the magnet and stuff.