Beyblade Random Thoughts

Here's a beyblade random thought, will the bey's get smaller and smaller with each generation? here's hoping that burst bey's get larger over time like the v2 and g series.
Six degrees of separation:

Much of my early work on Formula Bei was inspired by I-Wei Huang, otherwise known as the guy who runs CrabFu Steamworks.

I-Wei was also a key designer on the team that brought you the iconic Skylanders toys.

In 2013, a battling spinning top game was added to the Mega Bloks Skylanders toy line which featured ripcord-powered gyroscopic tops (so you can pick them up and put them down while they're spinning) which were controlled in the arena by pushing and pulling them with the included ripcord.

Mega Bloks is a trademark of Mega Brands, which is the company that produced the controllable fighting top game Battle Strikers.

A key designer on the Battle Striker team was our very own Bey Brad, founder of the World Beyblade Organisation and presiding member of the committee. Two of my favourite things (and people) joined by one of my favourite video game franchises. Was that six degrees or five?
I feel as though, from what Brad has said, his role was more akin to QC, overseeing designs and telling them how to adjust them but I could be wrong.
(May. 06, 2016  12:09 PM)Beylon Wrote: Six degrees of separation:

Much of my early work on Formula Bei was inspired by I-Wei Huang, otherwise known as the guy who runs CrabFu Steamworks.

I-Wei was also a key designer on the team that brought you the iconic Skylanders toys.

In 2013, a battling spinning top game was added to the Mega Bloks Skylanders toy line which featured ripcord-powered gyroscopic tops (so you can pick them up and put them down while they're spinning) which were controlled in the arena by pushing and pulling them with the included ripcord.

Mega Bloks is a trademark of Mega Brands, which is the company that produced the controllable fighting top game Battle Strikers.

A key designer on the Battle Striker team was our very own Bey Brad, founder of the World Beyblade Organisation and presiding member of the committee. Two of my favourite things (and people) joined by one of my favourite video game franchises. Was that six degrees or five?

interesting. how long have you been working on this, might i ask and how has the product sold?
Haha, whoa, I was around for the first Skylanders top designs but I never saw this one with the ripcord control. Seems ... weird!?
(May. 06, 2016  5:42 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Haha, whoa, I was around for the first Skylanders top designs but I never saw this one with the ripcord control. Seems ... weird!?

kinda like it passed by you, right? It's human nature to freudian slip, brad.Tongue_out
it probably was there but you weren't focused enough to pay attention

why were you apart of the skylanders top designs in the first place?
I wasn't. I didn't work on that project, although I worked on the marketing strategy for Mega Bloks' Skylanders toys in general. I just remember seeing the initial Skylanders top designs internally, but not the finished product nor the ripcord control mechanic. That said, the ones shown there were released after I quit working at Mega Bloks, so it's normal that I wasn't familiar with them.

Also, that's not what a freudian slip is.
So are Valkyrie's teeth still a problem on the newer molds? I bought a random booster vol. 2 after I noticed the issue in the Valkyrie I got in my Start Dash set, but this one is just as bad as the one I had before. Love Valkyrie, but I don't want to keep wasting my money.
Yeah they are all the same. Has anyone used a gold one yet? I had hopes that maybe the gold ones might wear a little slower cuz Amaterios seems to.
(May. 06, 2016  8:09 PM)Zoroaste Wrote: Yeah they are all the same. Has anyone used a gold one yet? I had hopes that maybe the gold ones might wear a little slower cuz Amaterios seems to.
Wow...that's really disappointing to hear, but thank you for letting me know. Too bad, since Valkyrie really is my favorite layer so far, performance-wise.
(May. 06, 2016  6:33 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I wasn't. I didn't work on that project, although I worked on the marketing strategy for Mega Bloks' Skylanders toys in general. I just remember seeing the initial Skylanders top designs internally, but not the finished product nor the ripcord control mechanic. That said, the ones shown there were released after I quit working at Mega Bloks, so it's normal that I wasn't familiar with them.

Also, that's not what a freudian slip is.

I was about to say use you dun goofed but when you wrote your explanation i dropped it lol

and ahh i dun goofed... or slipped myself Smile
(May. 06, 2016  8:09 PM)Zoroaste Wrote: Yeah they are all the same. Has anyone used a gold one yet? I had hopes that maybe the gold ones might wear a little slower cuz Amaterios seems to.

Amaterios doesn't have the same tooth design at all, though. Also, Amaterios' plastic isn't really gold, it's just a beige that's been covered in metallic gold paint.

These issues haven't been resolved yet. I think if the older Layers didn't have such serious durability issues, you wouldn't see so much disappointment over the Dual Layers' lacklustre performance.
i've been wondering if CWD from the HMS generation could be used in burst.

with the central layer people can use it to hold a Sub attack ring, as a mod. what if TT actually create a disk specifically to hold a plastic part, some fixed some free spinning. it should be possible, and it just add another level of customizability.

does anyone think this CWD or in burst CD (customize disk) idea should be used.
Yeah I bet it will be at some point. Burst are actually more like HMS than they are like any other gen. Layer, Disk, Driver and Attack Ring, Weight Disk, Running Core. I can definitely see them implementing stuff like CWD's, although it would be tricky, since, as anyone would has played with Central and Sub AR's knows, it makes them really hard to burst
Yes, Sub-ARs on Central are an issue for that but those Sub-ARs are wide and make hitting the layer hard. Most CWDs were not that wide.
most of the CWD in HMS never really hindered the the contact between the AR's, with the exceptions being slash riger's, and dranzer mf's. so with that in mind for burst if they create Customize disks, they won't be wide, and about the same size as the layers.

although beyblades might be harder to burst it might make some of the layers that have bad teeth more useful.
It would also result in lighter Disks, most likely, as they'd be lacking metal to make room for the plastic. As such, maybe they wouldn't be optimal for the Layers that are already difficult enough to burst as they might prefer the weight.

Would be a good compromise.
Anyone ever tested that Plastic CS that comes with Ray Unicorn Aroura ver?
(May. 08, 2016  6:49 PM)FIREFIRE Wrote: Anyone ever tested that Plastic CS that comes with Ray Unicorn Aroura ver?

It is not plastic, the rubber is just another colour than usual.
(May. 08, 2016  6:52 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(May. 08, 2016  6:49 PM)FIREFIRE Wrote: Anyone ever tested that Plastic CS that comes with Ray Unicorn Aroura ver?

It is not plastic, the rubber is just another colour than usual.

I have it and I can confirm it is indeed plastic.
It does not list any rubber in the list of materials on the box?
(May. 08, 2016  7:05 PM)Kai-V Wrote: It does not list any rubber in the list of materials on the box?

It probably does, but it's physically plastic, I used it at an event in Toronto before and everyone was surprised that the CS was just plastic. I'm sure someone that attended that tournament (2spooky4beys) can confirm this.
I mean, technically they never use real rubber but instead softer plastic, so perhaps the plastic used is just different because they wanted it to be transparent. If the plastic is harder than the usual 'rubber', it still makes it different than TAKARA-TOMY just using the CS mould and pouring exclusively the same sort of plastic in it.
(May. 08, 2016  7:10 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I mean, technically they never use real rubber but instead softer plastic, so perhaps the plastic used is just different because they wanted it to be transparent. If the plastic is harder than the usual 'rubber', it still makes it different than TAKARA-TOMY just using the CS mould and pouring exclusively the same sort of plastic in it.

I have no idea how I can prove this to you, but when you scratch the "rubber" of the CS it feels like a rough plastic, like not how an energy ring feels or something like that it literally just feels like the inner plastic of a regular CS (basically the feeling of a sort of worn part).
Ouch, I just saw them on ebay for cheap and bought one because I only have 2 CS and the clear one looked really cool. I guess I know why they are so cheap now. Weak. Lol