Beyblade Random Thoughts

(Apr. 07, 2016  9:56 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Apr. 07, 2016  8:46 PM)Zera Wrote:
(Apr. 07, 2016  8:40 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: None of the tops are "my creations"; each design is a collaboration between most of the team members including myself.

oh. I'm sorry. On which tops creation did you help working on?

Series 2 of Metal XS with the teams and smaller power launchers and ripcord launchers. I had input on most of the designs. I also heavily influenced the design of the Knockout Arena.

That's awesome. Grin I think I will now buy some battle strikers. xD The Knockout Arena is also my favourite Battle Striker Stadium. Which one is your favourite Battle Striker that you helped working on?
Megalodon!

[Image: megalodon-29786-821.jpg]

Anyway, this isn't really related to Beyblade, so we should end the conversation here Smile
(Apr. 07, 2016  10:49 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Megalodon!

Anyway, this isn't really related to Beyblade, so we should end the conversation here Smile

ok. Thank you a lot. You're one of my top 3 idols. Smile
(Apr. 07, 2016  10:49 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Megalodon!

I know you've said stop but dude, Brad, we have the same favourite Battle Striker. I love Megalodon because it strikes a notable balance between aesthetics and performance. The outward-curving upper surface makes it a great destabilizer and the thin outer-perimeter has good defense qualities. It is perhaps the only Battle Striker design to consistantly perform well in a BS vs MFB scenario (which I realise probably breaks your heart, but hey, progress hurts). It also loosely inspired the Jaws MFB blade which Lowen93 made for me. Visit the link for pictures of the actual blade on Lowen's thread.

What Megalodon is lol
I'm very happy to hear you dug it Smile

Quote:It is perhaps the only Battle Striker design to consistantly perform well in a BS vs MFB scenario (which I realise probably breaks your heart, but hey, progress hurts).

Haha, not at all! MFB developed way beyond what BS did, and our concern was never really with Battle Strikers Vs. Beyblade performance, other than ensuring our tops felt as good to play with (a standard I feel we met).
I think Victory Valkyrie ___ Blow would be good because Blow can lean to it´s side at extreme angles and getting under opposing Beys without leaning to much and falling over which would reinforce V2´s upper attack. I think Ring would help it with it´s centrifugal force since it works then similar to a gyroscope. Maybe Gravity would work, too.
Blow doesn't have enough movement speed to get much out of Valkyrie.
(Apr. 08, 2016  8:37 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Blow doesn't have enough movement speed to get much out of Valkyrie.

I think, he's trying to make a combo which have more stamina and use upper attack as primary attack rather then smash or burst attack

But still, I think Zephyr will work better. Also it will regain balance better
(Apr. 08, 2016  8:55 PM)FIREFIRE Wrote:
(Apr. 08, 2016  8:37 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Blow doesn't have enough movement speed to get much out of Valkyrie.

I think, he's trying to make a combo which have more stamina and use upper attack as primary attack rather then smash or burst attack

I feel like we see posts like this a lot here, where a poster will hypothesize that trying to combine the best aspects of two opposing parts will result in something greater. But this ignores the concept of harmony, which is basically that all parts should be working together to achieve a specific goal.

Blow doesn't have the movement speed of Accel or Xtreme, so it can't rely on movement speed to deliver hard hits. But it also will lose spin faster than Survive, Claw, or Gyro, so it can't match stationary attackers like Valkyrie Heavy Gyro, either.

I think if you're suggesting a combination to test, you should also say what types of popular, competitive Beyblades you expect it to be able to beat.
When I get my Victory Valkyrie Boost Variable I will do some tests. Maybe it´s still good. It was just a theory. I don´t have that much experience in Beyblade Burst yet and it was just a cool gimmicky combo that just came into my mind. Smile
it was a prize tournament
or you went to the Bey Tour and it's the bey case that they give to kids for 2 or 3 win

(Apr. 10, 2016  4:03 AM)gankoba Wrote: Won this box at a tournament

[Image: image.jpg]

just found out that today, the Bey Tour was in Fukuoka
so it was like I thought it's the bey case that they give to kids for 2 or 3 win

but thanks for the pictures, I looked for it everywhere coz TakaraTomy didnt post it on the Burst site
and this box is really nice looking
now that I know how it looks, I want it even more
I saw it a few days ago, definitely some great graphics.
hey random thought about the new burst mechanic. what if a beyblade were to be shot at an angle and the beyblade then made contact with it in the middle of the layer it would have no effect on the teeth. has anyone tried that as a anti-burst launch technique? it would be hard to perform but might be worth it. anyone willing to test it? i dont have any burst beys yet and was wondering if anyone thought this had any merit.
(Apr. 11, 2016  3:53 AM)royallydoomed Wrote: hey random thought about the new burst mechanic. what if a beyblade were to be shot at an angle and the beyblade then made contact with it in the middle of the layer it would have no effect on the teeth. has anyone tried that as a anti-burst launch technique? it would be hard to perform but might be worth it. anyone willing to test it? i dont have any burst beys yet and was wondering if anyone thought this had any merit.

It bursts anyway. You should go see my thread about how Beyblades burst in the Beywiki Project forum to understand the burst mechanism better.
(Apr. 11, 2016  3:53 AM)royallydoomed Wrote: hey random thought about the new burst mechanic. what if a beyblade were to be shot at an angle and the beyblade then made contact with it in the middle of the layer it would have no effect on the teeth. has anyone tried that as a anti-burst launch technique? it would be hard to perform but might be worth it. anyone willing to test it? i dont have any burst beys yet and was wondering if anyone thought this had any merit.

I tried that out, too, a long time ago.

My personal Burst Dual Layer Attack Combo is Obelisk Odin Gravity Unite becsuse it combines stadionary attack and mobile attack into one and it is heavy enough and bursts almost everything.

In school we now get free stuff for good behaviour and good grades. Last week I got a Thermal Lacerta WA130HF from Hasbro for 3 weeks of perfect work. Grin
beyblade burst
This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

damn, this is a really old song

but in all seriousness, i really do wonder how much did the luck percentage increase in burst. there has always been a small amount of luck in beyblade, just wondering how much luck changed when burst was introduced.
I would say that it did not change at all. There is still only luck during the Beyblade selection by both opponents, and that is it.

Just because we cannot see something does not mean it is luck-based. Why a Beyblade bursts entirely depends on where it was hit, with how much strength, at what angle, how long its teeth are, etc.
I've said this many times before, but if you look at MFB battles and see how many of them are decided by which Beyblade is lucky enough to have a wall behind it after a big collision ... I would say that Burst seems even less luck-oriented.
I just tried Omega Dragonis for first time. Lol it scrapes soo much with improper launch
i wonder how much the "star" shape effects the performance of R2F in terms of speed and control.

what would move faster; rubber tip with the same width of r2f, but a complete circle, a wider rubber flat basically, or r2f
(Apr. 12, 2016  6:14 PM)NEET no Kami Wrote: i wonder how much the "star" shape effects the performance of R2F in terms of speed and control.

what would move faster; rubber tip with the same width of r2f, but a complete circle, a wider rubber flat basically, or r2f

I think R2F.

Iirc. RF and R2F have same width

For me a super weared RF moves much faster then R2F especially on 85 (lower bey is. Faster it will move)
[Image: 5L0p5m2.jpg]
These are stickers which you can get them in Corocoro.
what you all store beyblades in? [shelf, cupboard, Locker Stanlay case, etc]

i store my beys in a hidden cupboard in my home and i use a rapid deploy case and beylocker to carry my beys