Beyblade Random Thoughts

oh oops still i have limits because of parent's and high schools starting soon and i don't have a lot of money but if i could i'd really love to travel the whole planet and meet all kinds of bladers across the globe and battle that would be truly an honor

what's the name of that w105 track with four wings that come from the wing pegasis dx set and can it work with right spin?
That would be downforce105 if you have questions just use the Ask a Question Get an Answer thread. WBO tournamnets aren't very expensive you know.
(Aug. 28, 2013  3:03 AM)Kyler_the best Wrote: WBO tournamnets aren't very expensive you know.

Yes, but given the fact he is in High School, probably does not have a very high paying job or car, it would be extremely pricey to travel to other states, cities, or countries if he does not live close enough to Bladers holding tournaments.

REDyohagane Wrote:what's the name of that w105 track with four wings that come from the wing pegasis dx set and can it work with right spin?

Yes, it can be used in Right Spin.
awesome, thanks man!!!! what company in your opinion makes the most resistent R2F
Like I said use the Ask a Question Get an Answer Thread.
(Aug. 28, 2013  3:38 AM)REDyohagane Wrote: awesome, thanks man!!!! what company in your opinion makes the most resistent R2F

Well, there are three different molds, but either way, I believe they are all made of the same kind of rubber, so they will all wear the same, but here is a link to a page on the Wiki and it explains the different molds a little better.

http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...05R%C2%B2F

Also, if you have any more Beyblade related questions, try posting them in this thread:

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Ask-a-qu...n-answer-2
(Aug. 28, 2013  2:03 AM)Ultramarine Wrote: There is no age limit for WBO tournaments...
You could be 157 and you could still participate.

Really? So I can invite holograms of my now in Heaven grandparents to battle?
Anyways, does anybody know when Wave 3 of SS is coming out?
(Aug. 28, 2013  5:07 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: Anyways, does anybody know when Wave 3 of SS is coming out?

Since Wave 2 is not even out in some places, it is probably still a little while off before Wave 3 is released. Might try asking around in the general Hasbro thread:

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-General-...2013-HOBBY
Well, I went beyblade hunting today, as it's my birthday tomorrow. I was hoping to bag some of hasbro's metal fury releases (I've been playing around with pre-4d stuff lately for various reasons (mostly because "holy heck it is fun", and some of them work well there). It brought back a lot of memories of beyblade hunts of old - both in me dragging a parent from store to store in the hopes of finding anything, and in the fact it ended in abject failure to procure tops of any means despite me being pretty sure there was not any real chance of failure.

In fact, I saw a grand total of ONE beyblade today, and to be honest I can't say that I had much interest in Toys R Us' offering of around 50 Metal Masters Burn Fireblazes and LITERALLY NOTHING ELSE AT ALL. Oh, they had some beywheelz and XTS, but no actual proper beyblades. Yes, 50 Metal Masters Burn Fireblaze and absolutely nothing else was the highlight of my trek to almost every toy store in the local area.

Myer had nothing at all - apparently they went out on clearance recently (a bad sign, given the other stores - perhaps they're bringing in new stock but the limited space given to beyblade in general is not encouraging), Target had some beywheelz alongside flywheels - again, a bad sign, and Kmart again had absolutely nothing.
Big W had some beywheelz and Tornado Battlers, and nothing else.

However, aside from whining, it does mean I have to admit I was wrong about something: Hasbro's side lines not hurting the main line - seems I didn't think to account for shrinking shelf space and toy stores (out here at least) having absolutely no knowledge of what they stock.

Seriously though, FIFTY METAL MASTERS BURN FIREBLAZE, an single column of shelves packed with JUST that. I'd have taken a picture if stores here didn't have a surprisingly strict policy on it.

Guess I have to find the hollowed out ones somewhere else (I'm interested in just about any of the hollowed out versions of 4Ds aside from Wing, Flash and Death). Should probably update my buying thread and stick a link in my signature, seeing as I don't even need them to be NIB etc.
Melbourne has literally nothing as well. They've got all those ridiculous side stocks only, and the best deal that is remotely interesting are the 6-Packs for $20, which are from Metal Masters (some nice parts, but would be nice to see some Metal Fury's).

Toys R Us here stocks the three pack with Bull, Cyber Pegasis and something else which is garbage and there's a whole tray full of it and then a whole rack of it as well.

I keep trying to find the Metal Fury ones as well for fun, glad I'm not the only one ..

Reminds me an awful lot of what happened with V Force out here to be honest - which was when people lost interest in Beyblade. Not a good sign. Maybe they are just finally bringing Metal Fury in or something, though.

And yeah, a few of us have been playing around with the idea of a kinda 'classic' or more lightweight format kinda thing lately, something where older/outclassed wheels can be viable at least - the actual metagame from what I've tried out actually reminds me a whole lot of HMS's meta (well, ideal meta anyway), a little less "ATTACK ONLY" so it's not just the same attack combo vs itself all the time but still very attack focussed, and man is it ever a tonne of fun to play - cheap at the moment, too. Most of the metal fury stuff only got tested against things like competitive Takara 4D combos for some reason (because Hasbro's Duo REALLLLY had a chance against Flash, right guys? Really important testing that no one could have guessed from looking at it), which means it's impossible to judge how well it would do against things like Earth or Leone/Gravity. Don't want to get into a discussion about the format thing though, haha, early days still.

But yeah, if anyone in Western Australia wants a metal masters burn fireblaze, Toys R Us cannington is your place.

EDIT: Looking online a bit and maybe Metal Fury just hasn't come out here yet? A few places have some of the three-bey sets on their websites. That would be hilarious and not overly surprising.
th!nk, the BeyMap calls you.
Hah, I like old MFB too! MF LLD 90 RF is really fun, not to mention tips wear down slower because you can launch stronger.
I asked Kai-V about this because I loved the idea XD Mainly because of Dragooon... I hate it, but I'm not denying how good it is. I see it everywhere and it just makes it predictable Uncertain Most of the time when someone pulls out Dragooon, the other Blader is all meh because if they didn't have an attack type or anti spin-stealer, they're screwed.
I also like the old meta game :3
(Aug. 28, 2013  1:50 PM)Kai-V Wrote: th!nk, the BeyMap calls you.
Hah, I forgot about that - haven't been beyhunting since that came up, and didn't give that part of the announcement a thorough read seeing as I wasn't particularly interested in MFB at the time. I'll make a note of the relevant parts of the Metal Masters Burn Fireblaze Treasure Trove @ Toys 'R' Us/Westfield Carousel Bey-Drought later tonight or in the next couple of days, haha.

(Aug. 28, 2013  2:19 PM)ShinobuXD Wrote: Hah, I like old MFB too! MF LLD 90 RF is really fun, not to mention tips wear down slower because you can launch stronger.

I never understood why people didn't just use 85 on Lightning. 90 does worse against LTDC, whereas 85 is one of the best setups to combat them if they use RS (something which is extremely difficult to budge with a low recoil wheel like earth). As for RF wear, my prime one stopped working so well yesterday, so I'm down to two mint ones now, I need to stock up - but then I'm basically broke at the moment, so I can't yet.

As for a 'lightweights' format kinda thing, I've always been a big supporter of the idea, and I have some ideas I think will make it workable this time around (as well as feeling that a lot of common doubts about it being a realistic possibility are baseless), after having given it some thought when someone else bought it up with me in private.
I should keep my mouth shut though, seeing as there are still a lot of things I have to work out for my part and I'm stealing that someone else's thunder here by even mentioning it - I've just been having a tonne of fun with it the past few days (take RS, RDF and RB out of the equation and it's the most enjoyable "format" I've played - kinda a slightly more balanced and varied HMS) so it's hard to keep my enthusiasm in check, haha.
I'll just say that a few people (including myself) are working on something along those lines, so be patient and when it actually comes along, get behind it. Wink
Though, if you have a number of metal fury beys as well as some of the better older things (gravity and earth in particular, preferably also libra, as well as R145 and a GB145 or two being pretty much vital), and a sizeable collection in general, and are keen to help with testing for this kinda thing, let me know via PM - depending how things go, an extra hand or two might be useful.
I just noticed that under the mw of a bey where you put the track theres the letter A and a number same thin on the tips where it connects to the track, for example on my Death it says A1 and on my RDF it says A2 maybe this could indicate the mold of a part. any thoughts on this?
That really belongs in AAQGAA, as this is not a Q&A thread, but yes, it's well known and the numbers are meaningless in terms of significant mold differences (they by definition denote the physical mold used, but new molds imply an entirely new set of molds being made, and they often re-use numbers (Earth had this happen, as I recall it), and in terms of part-to-part variation, there's not a significant difference in the amount of variation between parts with the same codes on them than there is between ones with different codes). We established that back when MFB first came out (or at least when it came out in the US) as I recall it, though people kept speculating about it anyway for whatever reason.
why do you think hasbro didn't release all the 4d bey's(hyperblades) and also what would you think if bey's already made were remade with titanium only the metal wheels and chrome wheels.
(Aug. 28, 2013  4:08 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2013  1:50 PM)Kai-V Wrote: th!nk, the BeyMap calls you.
Hah, I forgot about that - haven't been beyhunting since that came up, and didn't give that part of the announcement a thorough read seeing as I wasn't particularly interested in MFB at the time. I'll make a note of the relevant parts of the Metal Masters Burn Fireblaze Treasure Trove @ Toys 'R' Us/Westfield Carousel Bey-Drought later tonight or in the next couple of days, haha.

(Aug. 28, 2013  2:19 PM)ShinobuXD Wrote: Hah, I like old MFB too! MF LLD 90 RF is really fun, not to mention tips wear down slower because you can launch stronger.

I never understood why people didn't just use 85 on Lightning. 90 does worse against LTDC, whereas 85 is one of the best setups to combat them if they use RS (something which is extremely difficult to budge with a low recoil wheel like earth). As for RF wear, my prime one stopped working so well yesterday, so I'm down to two mint ones now, I need to stock up - but then I'm basically broke at the moment, so I can't yet.

As for a 'lightweights' format kinda thing, I've always been a big supporter of the idea, and I have some ideas I think will make it workable this time around (as well as feeling that a lot of common doubts about it being a realistic possibility are baseless), after having given it some thought when someone else bought it up with me in private.
I should keep my mouth shut though, seeing as there are still a lot of things I have to work out for my part and I'm stealing that someone else's thunder here by even mentioning it - I've just been having a tonne of fun with it the past few days (take RS, RDF and RB out of the equation and it's the most enjoyable "format" I've played - kinda a slightly more balanced and varied HMS) so it's hard to keep my enthusiasm in check, haha.
I'll just say that a few people (including myself) are working on something along those lines, so be patient and when it actually comes along, get behind it. Wink
Though, if you have a number of metal fury beys as well as some of the better older things (gravity and earth in particular, preferably also libra, as well as R145 and a GB145 or two being pretty much vital), and a sizeable collection in general, and are keen to help with testing for this kinda thing, let me know via PM - depending how things go, an extra hand or two might be useful.

A while ago, I realized that the MFB BB-10 CC List did not have any of Metal Wheels from before the 4Ds generation, it kind of got me thinking about this, I would love this since the only two 4D Beyblades i have are Phantom and Flash. This would be great because there is such a wide variety, there should definitely be a format for it!

Also, regarding the Metal Fury Duo, in the Hasbro Testing thread, someone tested it against Hyperblades Phantom and I believe it won, I do not recall the customs though.

Actually, this should have it's own topic for the discussion of one as i believe enough members would be on board for something like this.
There is actually a discussion topic for the idea in general already, perhaps even two as I think it has been proposed twice and both times tehre were threads. Believe me, if I thought doing it the same way as the last couple of times was a good idea, I'd do that - this is something best kept small and well organized in the initial stages, to avoid too many clashing opinions and most importantly too much distraction before things are actually well-defined and detailed etc. Just take my word on this being the best way to do this - if it fails this time, we can go back to trying to organize it publicly in huge threads again, but for this "attempt" per se, it needs to stay small and focussed, as I think that is vital to its eventual success - this is one of the big lessons I've taken away from watching it slowly fizzle and die twice already. Once things are more properly formed and organized, there will be a thread and things will still be open for discussion. No ETA, but it will happen.

This is why I need to keep my mouth shut, haha.
By more similar to HMS, I assume you mean where attack has a little more relevance? Also, looking for metal fury beys, no idea if it is in Australia, but Five Below is loaded with them in the US. Also, try drug stores/pharmacies, from what I've seen they tend to only carry the main line.
I would be so happy to really find anything worth getting in Mexico haha.
Just something with a relevant part would make me so happy.
(Aug. 28, 2013  9:20 PM)Time Wrote: By more similar to HMS, I assume you mean where attack has a little more relevance? Also, looking for metal fury beys, no idea if it is in Australia, but Five Below is loaded with them in the US. Also, try drug stores/pharmacies, from what I've seen they tend to only carry the main line.

Yeah, pretty much - defense is relatively weak, enough that people shouldn't be afraid to use attack. There are options outside of regular defense (and even within it) to help handle attack but none of them are all that practical - with CS in play libraRF (the best anti-attack setup from what I've tried so far that isn't straight up broken) isn't effective against defense so there's a fair amount of risk involved in using it (as well as giving defense, which is not super-reliable against attack, a good reason to be used). It's not to the same extent as HMS where defense is a laughing stock and Samurai Upper+GFC(UM) is flat out "the best" (though MF-H Gravity Perseus (ATK, Counter) R145RF is a total beast), though, so an 'ideal' metagame wouldn't just be GravityRF vs GravityRF, haha.

And no, Australia's retail industry suffers from a marked lack of actual competition in general, and Beyblade is only sold by large department stores and toy stores (which in my state at least are also large chain stores). I think the supermarkets that do groceries (coles and woolworths) are able to sell them but in Western Australia at least, they don't.
In Hong Kong Some shops still stock 4D and zero-g, and some are selling Dark bull and dark cancer and any booster before zero-g under $5.
AZL Wrote:the worlds most unbalanced beyblade Dark knight Bergados 230MS.
kyler_the_best Wrote:I bet a230 is even more unbalanced.
It has more inner weight distribution though which isn't good if you want to make a wobbly bey.

(Aug. 26, 2013  9:22 AM)Infie Wrote: I thought M145 would be a better candidate for unbalance-ness.
I agree, M145 Would screw dark knight Bergados so much it would lose every battle (which is good). I tried out archer Dragooon 230MS and it won once or twice against MF-H Wing Horuseus 100RSF (in a hasbro stadium).

My parents never let me buy beys unless I Finish some essay or something and the policy is 1-3 beys a month except on Christmas and if it is my birthday.