Beyblade Random Thoughts

I hadn't seen anything posted on here about it until this post, to be honest. I only heard from someone outside the forums of what was in that coro coro issue.
Since there is only information pertaining to the manga at the moment, it was only discussed in the Beyblade Anime and Manga forum, naturally.
Hm, would've thought it was at least worth bringing up out here just in case - many of us don't visit that forum aside from the rare occasion there is something in particular we need.
I have posted many times to report that TAKARA-TOMY's overall sales have decreased over the past year, but other than that, I prefer not to alarm anybody yet since there is no clear evidence that the toyline is ending or going into a hiatus, especially with Hasbro wanting the brand to be evergreen. You want me to upset a whole community which is already losing a few of its members with some pieces of news which are only affecting the manga at the moment, hah ? There are still many options TAKARA-TOMY could choose, and this could just be a restructuration.
(Nov. 22, 2012  4:22 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I have posted many times to report that TAKARA-TOMY's overall sales have decreased over the past year, but other than that, I prefer not to alarm anybody yet since there is no clear evidence that the toyline is ending or going into a hiatus, especially with Hasbro wanting the brand to be evergreen. You want me to upset a whole community which is already losing a few of its members with some pieces of news which are only affecting the manga at the moment, hah ? There are still many options TAKARA-TOMY could choose, and this could just be a restructuration.

Has it been confirmed the Anime is coming to an end?
(Nov. 22, 2012  4:26 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Has it been confirmed the Anime is coming to an end?

Not at all, hence why I do not post more about it ...
(Nov. 22, 2012  4:27 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 22, 2012  4:26 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Has it been confirmed the Anime is coming to an end?

Not at all, hence why I do not post more about it ...

That's what I was thinking. And here i was about to overreact. Didn't the Original Manga (Plastics) end before the series did? Beyblade still has a long life left in it I truly believe.
(Nov. 22, 2012  4:22 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I have posted many times to report that TAKARA-TOMY's overall sales have decreased over the past year, but other than that, I prefer not to alarm anybody yet since there is no clear evidence that the toyline is ending or going into a hiatus, especially with Hasbro wanting the brand to be evergreen. You want me to upset a whole community which is already losing a few of its members with some pieces of news which are only affecting the manga at the moment, hah ? There are still many options TAKARA-TOMY could choose, and this could just be a restructuration.

Chill, I was just pointing out that asking Ingulit where he'd been mightn't have been a particularly good question is all - the answer "not inside the anime/manga subforum most of us don't visit" being a rather common valid answer.

On the very very negative side, Beyblade might just finally end forever. For once and for all.
(Nov. 22, 2012  5:25 AM)Ultimo Wrote: On the very very negative side, Beyblade might just finally end forever. For once and for all.

This is a very inappropriate moment to be negative about something which is still only a theory.
I think that beyblade will still be here for a long time!

Who knows maybe the beyblades in the near future actually float or have real zero gravity stadiums!

or it might just be like the plastics, they go down and after a year or 2 a new type arises!
(hopefully not)
excuse me but are tsubasa and Madoka really a couple cause I've heard a few things and according to some posts i read all the fuss is about them together in a seance showing no romantic motives at all and I would really like to clear all this up because I'm very confused please respond
I believe that's more suitable of a question for the Anime and Manga forum. Smile
Why on God's green Earth did I not think of bringing out my promo cards with me on Black Friday.

Why.

;-;
That would be a cool idea, I would do the same, but I can't for two reasons...
  • I don't have promo cards
  • I hate going out on black Friday

Last year tons of kids were crowded around a random huge pile of double packs. They were all the same which sucked so I didn't bother.
There's a slight, if not blurry, chance that Hasbro could make Beyblade their own thing if Takara has a long term or indefinite hiatus (over two or four years).... Just a theory.
(Nov. 23, 2012  5:55 AM)Just That Guy Wrote: There's a slight, if not blurry, chance that Hasbro could make Beyblade their own thing if Takara has a long term or indefinite hiatus (over two or four years).... Just a theory.

I would not be at all surprised to see this... Beywheelz always struck me as a test run of such an idea (though that could also mean they may only make tenuously related products...)
No! I hate beywheelz No offense but I can't imagine that lasting longer than the source material :<
(Nov. 23, 2012  5:56 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Nov. 23, 2012  5:55 AM)Just That Guy Wrote: There's a slight, if not blurry, chance that Hasbro could make Beyblade their own thing if Takara has a long term or indefinite hiatus (over two or four years).... Just a theory.

I would not be at all surprised to see this... Beywheelz always struck me as a test run of such an idea (though that could also mean they may only make tenuously related products...)

Oh yes, even I thought that the release of BeyWheelz (and a cartoon- I hope its a cartoon and not an anime- to complement the series) was a step towards taking over the Beyblade line completely.
As Kai-V said, Hasbro wanted the brand to be evergreen. If Takara Tomy plans any such hiatus(as it had, after HMS), Hasbro wouldn't have to depend on Takara Tomy if it wished to keep the line alive. And of course, we all know that Hasbro has several crazy ideas which would make a relatively decent toy-line(according to them)...

Well, even if TT does stop, Hasbro would still take some time catching up...
I am sure that the next two years would go quite well, as Hasbro is YET to manufacture all of the 4D beys; if they are going to, that is(and as far as I read, they are set to release in January). Plus, Zero G is still left... Unless Hasbro is planning a mass release(like it always does; unlike TT which usually releases each bey separately), they can very well outlast a one and a half-year period in releasing the 4D and Zero-G line-ups internationally...

Actually, I haven't even seen a single "Metal Fury" bey (not like I wanna buy them) in stores here... Soooo, considering that India receives the Hasbro releases approximately six months later than they are released in the States and Canada, I think they'd manage to keep the original toy-line alive for even longer; without them having to introduce their outlandish beys which are highly dependent on gimmickry....

Then again, all this hasn't been confirmed yet! Haha!
But even then, Hasbro will try to make multiple branches for their products. Originally, there was Beyblade, today, there are Beywheelz, but in the future, there will be (hopefully there aren't any Hasbro spies ready to steal our ideas) Beywingz! Yes, we will be expected to play with customizible battle propellers activated by a ripcord launcher. How the children will love such frivolousness.
With the release of Balro in the Synchrom DX sets and the manga ending without referring much to it makes me wonder if it's just an unimportant release.

Unless it is seen somewhere in the manga, then pardon me.
I just saw a commercial for beyblade metal fury tops. They've been out for a while and they just now showed the commercial. They showed the destroyer dome commercial for a long time. I'll be excited when and if they show a commercial for the hyper blades.
(Nov. 24, 2012  7:24 PM)Tri Wrote: I just saw a commercial for beyblade metal fury tops. They've been out for a while and they just now showed the commercial. They showed the destroyer dome commercial for a long time. I'll be excited when and if they show a commercial for the hyper blades.
Same here. I saw that last night. They came out months ago. Kinda strange. The only Hyperblade that looks like the TT version is Flash Sagittario.

It hurts like hell picking up a Blitz at 100% launch power.
I bet it does XD. I was using Vulcan Lacerta ___ RF and I tried picking it up and it hurt like hell. This is also true with the Hasbro Blitz and Jade. It hurts especially when you pick jade up from the bottom.