Aug

Beyblade East 2022 Day 1: Forty Formats [Experimental 4D format ruleset]

Forestville, MD
Nightwing's Gaming Loft
7898 Cryden Way
16:00 PM on 08/27/2022
Format
Metal Fight

Most official Metal Fight/Fusion gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type
P3C1

Three Beyblades are prepared for each First Stage match, with only one being used.

Read more
Admission
5 cash  

Participants already paid for the previous tournament that day will not have to pay an additional $5 for this one

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

How many formats do we have, Forty? No... 4D.
https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-4D-A-Ne...t-Proposal
P3C1! Unsure about the stadium. MFB, but all synchromes (two Zero-G layers combined) are Banned, as are Duo, E230, and RDF. Swiss or Round Robin first stage based on registrants, and Deck Format Finals!

I cannot stress this enough, this is using the 4D format ruleset! If you show up expecting the normal Metal Fight Beyblade standard ruleset to be in play and I have to explain to you that certain parts are banned ahead of time, then you have no one to blame but yourself, it was laid out for you in painful detail ahead of time. My sympathy is wholly depleted!

Format: The format for this event is 4D https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-4D-A-Ne...t-Proposal. Please read the MFB rulebook and relevant thread prior to confirming your attendance to ensure that you or your child have the appropriate equipment to compete. Please. I'm begging you, please read it in any capacity.

Host: DeceasedCrab!

Location: This event will be held at Nightwing's Gaming Loft. An indoor venue. Consider bringing a folding chair, and plenty of water. It'll be late summer, it may be hot.

Time: As the tournament will start promptly at 4:00pm, please plan to arrive around 3:00pm when registration will begin. Registration will close at 3:45pm. All of these times are kind of up in the air if the previous tournament runs long. Confirming your attendance on the WBO event page does not substitute for registration at the venue.

If you know in advance that you will be late, please post in this thread or contact someone at the event and depending on the circumstances we can perhaps still include you if we know you will arrive soon.

Participants: There will be a 32 person Cap for participants. Why not? It'll probably be less than that. Building won't really support more than 32 people and their accompanying adults anyway. 

COVID-19 Precautions READ THIS BEFORE CONFIRMING YOUR ATTENDANCE:
This event will cooperate with Prince George's County Reopening Guidelines, as well as the WBO Covid-19 Guidelines effective from last year. But most of you are going to be unmasked, potentially get sick, and I can't stop you! You're so silly, bladers.

Tournament Prizes: Insubstantial concepts, mostly. The top 4 bladers will get their pick from a prize pool of Ennui, Existential Dread, Anxiety, and a room temperature root beer.

Other Information:

Please come prepared. It is helpful for both hosts and judges if all participants bring at least one Takara Tomy or Hasbro-manufactured Beyblade of their own appropriate to the format, and more than one launcher when possible. Additionally, parents of children under the age of 13 must be present for the duration of the event, as tournament end times can be difficult to estimate, and we would hate for someone to be left behind once it is over.

Be aware of your belongings. We'd advise bladers to please, please look after your stuff. While yes this is a Beyblade tournament and we're not suggesting that any of us would attempt to take each other's stuff it is still happening at a public venue where other people (who may not be so friendly) are going to be present as well. Of course, if you see a personal belonging lying around bring it up any of the judges so we can return it to the right person. Your co-operation is appreciated!

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Why couldn't everyone else running Beyblade East 2022 have named their tournament in a way that shows which order they go in? Boo. I switched this to say Day 1, which doesn't even make sense because it's on the second day.
This is a notification that I have changed the title of the tournament from
"Beyblade East 2022 Day 1: Forty Formats"
to
"Beyblade East 2022 Day 1: Forty Formats [Experimental 4D format ruleset]"
because of some bladers refusal to read any details past the title and the rulebook link in the upper right. We hope you all have a fun time at "Beyblade East 2022 Day 1: Forty Formats [Experimental 4D format ruleset]" and I will refer to the tournament only as "Beyblade East 2022 Day 1: Forty Formats [Experimental 4D format ruleset]" with no abbreviation. In audio and in-person, I will be pronouncing colon, open square bracket, and close square bracket. So on the megaphone you will hear me calling it
"Beyblade East 2022 Day 1 Colon Forty Formats Open Square Bracket Experimental 4D format ruleset Close Square Bracket".

As far as the banlist goes:
At TSO's recent tournament for 4D format the banlist was
Bans: All Chrome Wheel Synchroms, Duo, Phantom, Diablo, Flash, Death, BD145, and E230
but for the purposes of gathering data about what does and does not work in this format, I still intend to keep cake's original banlist of
Bans: All Chrome Wheel Synchroms, Duo, E230, and RDF

I believe that running a tournament where BD145 and other powerful wheels are allowed will help us determine if either kind of meta from either tournament turns out to be particularly unhealthy.
Please do not get on my case about the banlist. It is not really up for discussion, the only part I'm considering adding to it is BD145. If you don't like it, you don't need to participate, I'm not forcing you.

There will be no prizes from me, I had to spend the prize budget on extra letters in the tournament name. Sorry. Although I am including a room temperature root beer to go with the other three insubstantial concepts in the prize pool.
Crab with the power move

I hope Beyblade East Two-Thousand-Twenty-Two Day One Colon Forty Formats Open Square Bracket Experimental Four-D format ruleset Close Square Bracket runs smoothly.
Hi folks! I just thought I'd remind you of a few things:

1. "Beyblade East 2022 Day 1: Forty Formats [Experimental 4D format ruleset]" is a week away! It's starting at 4PM in the afternoon! It will definitely take a couple of hours to run. If you think you won't be able to stay for the whole tournament, that's okay, just don't register for it or attend! Smile

2. The rules and banlist have been posted for a month and a half now. The rules format has been linked in the announcement post, https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-4D-A-Ne...t-Proposal , and I have repeated what the banlist will be several times now in that post and in the thread. To remind everyone, the rules are mostly the same as MFB standard with a different ban list, and the ban list for this tournament will be "All Chrome Wheel Synchroms, Duo, E230, and RDF". Basalt/Twisted is not in that banlist, so to answer your messaged question Dshred122011 , those aren't banned, you may use them. No one has had any concerns with the stated rules and banlist for the past 7 weeks, so it's not going to change now. I think it will be an interesting set of matches, especially in P3C1.

I'm a little worried with how tired I'm going to be next week if I attend all 6 Beyblade east tournaments. By the time it's my turn to run this one, it's going to be my 4th tournament in 2 days. I hope I will be okay.
(Aug. 20, 2022  3:55 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Hi folks! I just thought I'd remind you of a few things:

1. "Beyblade East 2022 Day 1: Forty Formats [Experimental 4D format ruleset]" is a week away! It's starting at 4PM in the afternoon! It will definitely take a couple of hours to run. If you think you won't be able to stay for the whole tournament, that's okay, just don't register for it or attend! Smile

2. The rules and banlist have been posted for a month and a half now. The rules format has been linked in the announcement post, https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-4D-A-Ne...t-Proposal , and I have repeated what the banlist will be several times now in that post and in the thread. To remind everyone, the rules are mostly the same as MFB standard with a different ban list, and the ban list for this tournament will be "All Chrome Wheel Synchroms, Duo, E230, and RDF". Basalt/Twisted is not in that banlist, so to answer your messaged question Dshred122011 , those aren't banned, you may use them. No one has had any concerns with the stated rules and banlist for the past 7 weeks, so it's not going to change now. I think it will be an interesting set of matches, especially in P3C1.

I'm a little worried with how tired I'm going to be next week if I attend all 6 Beyblade east tournaments. By the time it's my turn to run this one, it's going to be my 4th tournament in 2 days. I hope I will be okay.
I believe in You Crab!
I was looking over the rules to metal fight last night, when I discovered a fairly major change that I hadn't noticed before to gravity layer in limited which will also apply to both gravity and variaries in 4D format today:

"Gravity Metal Wheel Mode Change Restrictions
For Limited Format, the mode (spin direction) of the Gravity Metal Wheel may not be changed during the first stage. It may only be changed once per match in the final stages of events.
If two players wish to change modes at the same time, they must turn around and do so in secret before continuing the match.
In the final stage of events, Gravity’s initial spin direction must be declared to the judge while their deck is being inspected."

For this pick 3 choose one tournament today, in first stage and in finals, using variaries or gravity will require you to tell the judge what spin direction they are in to begin with. Only in the finals will a direction change be permitted. I'm sorry I missed this earlier, I could not find the announcement associated with it.

Challonge thought it would be hilarious to remove the settings for allowing us to sort rankings by bucholz instead of by tie break values. Damn them.
https://youtu.be/ZcJr2nfeWd4
I have been informed that variaries IS allowed to freely change directions and first stage, thanks to WBO rules loopholes, once again. Classic. Gravity is restricted, but not variaries.

https://challonge.com/wlki04rs

https://challonge.com/4auoj5jk

The tournament has concluded. First place is Red Ninja 0829, chose the root beer. Second place is The supreme one, chose Ennui. Third place is Meow! who selected Existential Dread. Fourth place is yami, received Anxiety.

Ban Diablo.
(Aug. 27, 2022  3:04 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: I was looking over the rules to metal fight last night, when I discovered a fairly major change that I hadn't noticed before to gravity layer in limited which will also apply to both gravity and variaries in 4D format today:

"Gravity Metal Wheel Mode Change Restrictions
For Limited Format, the mode (spin direction) of the Gravity Metal Wheel may not be changed during the first stage. It may only be changed once per match in the  final stages of events.
If two players wish to change modes at the same time, they must turn around and do so in secret before continuing the match.
In the final stage of events, Gravity’s initial spin direction must be declared to the judge while their deck is being inspected."

For this pick 3 choose one tournament today, in first stage and in finals, using variaries or gravity will require you to tell the judge what spin direction they are in to begin with. Only in the finals will a direction change be permitted. I'm sorry I missed this earlier, I could not find the announcement associated with it.

The change was made last December. Not sure why it wasn't announced if it hasn't been (if that is the case, sorry, our fault!), but the change has been in place for a while; Gravity cannot be rotation-changed in first stage of events in Limited only.

(Aug. 27, 2022  5:38 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: I have been informed that variaries IS allowed to freely change directions and first stage, thanks to WBO rules loopholes, once again. Classic. Gravity is restricted, but not variaries.

To be fair, 4D Format isn't a WBO supported format, haha. We want it to be (and hopefully you'll see something soon!) but, as of current, 4D Format is technically an independent project from Cake and other benefactors, so I don't know how it's "WBO rules", haha.

Plus, if I understand correctly, 4D Format inherits MFB Standard's ruleset, so both Gravity and Variares can rotation change in 4D, no?

(Nov. 05, 2021  1:33 AM)Cake Wrote: All rules match the MFB: Standard Format rulebook, with the exception of the following bans

Metal Fight Format Rules - Gravity Metal Wheel Mode Change Restrictions Wrote:For Limited Format, the mode (spin direction) of the Gravity Metal Wheel may not be changed during the first stage. It may only be changed once per match in the  final stages of events.
(Aug. 28, 2022  12:32 AM)~Mana~ Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2022  5:38 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: I have been informed that variaries IS allowed to freely change directions and first stage, thanks to WBO rules loopholes, once again. Classic. Gravity is restricted, but not variaries.

To be fair, 4D Format isn't a WBO supported format, haha. We want it to be (and hopefully you'll see something soon!) but, as of current, 4D Format is technically an independent project from Cake and other benefactors, so I don't know how it's "WBO rules", haha.

Plus, if I understand correctly, 4D Format inherits MFB Standard's ruleset, so both Gravity and Variares can rotation change in 4D, no?
Variaries rule was highlighted in MFL by Angry Face
I was inheriting mostly from MFL as a similar limited format. You do not get to escape the responsibility of the Gravity/Variaries situation.

I will type up tournament report once less tired.
(Aug. 28, 2022  12:44 AM)RED NINJA 0829 Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2022  12:32 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: To be fair, 4D Format isn't a WBO supported format, haha. We want it to be (and hopefully you'll see something soon!) but, as of current, 4D Format is technically an independent project from Cake and other benefactors, so I don't know how it's "WBO rules", haha.

Variaries rule was highlighted in MFL by Angry Face

Variares is banned in MFL, so I'm not sure why we would need to specify the clause unless we ever wanted to pull it off the ban list.

(Aug. 28, 2022  1:27 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: I was inheriting mostly from MFL as a similar limited format. You do not get to escape the responsibility of the Gravity/Variaries situation.

Sorry DC, full respect but I don't understand this logic. If 4D Format is designed to inherit MFB Standard and is specified as such, why would you inheriting from MFB Limited instead be our fault or responsibilty?

If it inherits Standard, both Gravity and Variares can rotation change, which I can only assume Cake and Co have intended if they haven't specified clauses against it. If it inherits Limited (which it doesn't) and keeps the Gravity clause while not keeping Variares banned (as we do and is why Gravity's clause doesn't specify it too), only Variares would be able to rotation change.

Neither scenario is inherently our fault because it wasn't specified in the format guidelines, which I remind you once again were not written by us in any capacity. 4D Format is a community-driven initiative without our intervention, which we're happy to see too, but is not our responsibility in any way unless we pick up the format officially.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you're getting at and apologies if I am. But, if it is as I understand, the logic is just flawed because we aren't involved in any capacity and you're inheriting from the wrong format guidelines.
(Aug. 28, 2022  7:22 PM)~Mana~ Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2022  12:44 AM)RED NINJA 0829 Wrote: Variaries rule was highlighted in MFL by Angry Face

Variares is banned in MFL, so I'm not sure why we would need to specify the clause unless we ever wanted to pull it off the ban list.

(Aug. 28, 2022  1:27 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: I was inheriting mostly from MFL as a similar limited format. You do not get to escape the responsibility of the Gravity/Variaries situation.

Sorry DC, full respect but I don't understand this logic. If 4D Format is designed to inherit MFB Standard and is specified as such, why would you inheriting from MFB Limited instead be our fault or responsibilty?

If it inherits Standard, both Gravity and Variares can rotation change, which I can only assume Cake and Co have intended if they haven't specified clauses against it. If it inherits Limited (which it doesn't) and keeps the Gravity clause while not keeping Variares banned (as we do and is why Gravity's clause doesn't specify it too), only Variares would be able to rotation change.

Neither scenario is inherently our fault because it wasn't specified in the format guidelines, which I remind you once again were not written by us in any capacity. 4D Format is a community-driven initiative without our intervention, which we're happy to see too, but is not our responsibility in any way unless we pick up the format officially.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you're getting at and apologies if I am. But, if it is as I understand, the logic is just flawed because we aren't involved in any capacity and you're inheriting from the wrong format guidelines.

Hasbro metal fury variares is not illegal in limited though. That is what AF was using.
(Aug. 28, 2022  7:22 PM)~Mana~ Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2022  12:44 AM)RED NINJA 0829 Wrote: Variaries rule was highlighted in MFL by Angry Face

Hey! Just want to specify that they're referring to Metal Fury Variares, which is legal in Limited!
I think we should just ask Cake what he intended.  After all, his proposal thread was linked as the rulebook for this event.  Technically, there is only one WBO experimental format at a time.  The experimental format as of now is BGT.  4D is still technically in the proposal stage, so it’s really up to Cake.
I am still missing one of the sets of winning combinations, so I am currently unable to fully complete the spreadsheet and post the winning combinations.

EDIT: I now have it.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

Does Unranked not have a button where I have to indicate the winners? I guess not. Or I can't find the dang thing, again.
(Aug. 31, 2022  4:15 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: I am still missing one of the sets of winning combinations, so I am currently unable to fully complete the spreadsheet and post the winning combinations.

EDIT: I now have it.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

Does Unranked not have a button where I have to indicate the winners? I guess not. Or I can't find the dang thing, again.

Unranked events don’t require all the matches to be filled out because they don’t get processed into the ranking system. I assume the same logic goes for the winners thing.

The only thing unranked sheets need are the participants, bits needed per player, and WCs. Also the title page.
This matches for event have now been processed.