Beyblade Clubs in schools

So I'm trying to start up a club at my college right now. Gaming is pretty big here from what I've seen (we have a competitive SSBM Team) so I figure I've got a decent chance of getting one started. But I can see a few problems that might occur in the future if it ends up happening.

1. Do I use MFB or Burst? Plastics and HMS are out of the question as they are hard to come by. MFB is an established generation with multiple different formats that can change things up, but Burst is the current format, and if the club stays around, will hit the U.S. before I graduate making them the most accessible. Both must be bought online, which leads into the second issue:

2. I don't have enough resources. If I brought my entire collection I could do Limited, but since so many Competitive Combos have overlapping parts it would be tough. With all the Chrome Wheel overlap, Standard and Zero-G are out of the question. Even counting the Burst Beyblades I don't even have yet, I only have 5 of those. Having club members buy their own would just make people less likely to join, and I highly doubt I could get funding from the school to buy enough for everyone. I know a few people here, like @[ZachBob] and @[Tri] have hosted "shared" tournaments where all participants just use your parts; how did you guys make them work?
I just layed out a bunch of pre made combos. Some were from the competitive combos list and some were just decent to be as fair as possible. I also organized all of my extra parts and displayed them next to the rest of the beys. I told everyone that they were allowed to change whatever they wanted to but they had to put their parts back with the others after the battle. And I made sure that whoever was making/choosing a combo was back to back with their opponent. And flip a coin to see who picks first if necessary. This was just the best system I could think of to help out the people who had little to no knowledge of beyblade.
I honestly think that the burst gimmick is more likely to attract more people. Alot of people that don't necessarily like beyblade, seem to like burst because the explosions make things more fun. That is just from my experience though
I agree with Zoroaste on that completely, beyblade burst is more of a spectator sport than any of the previous generations. I plan for my next event to burst for sure because of this. Besides, starting simple with only 5 or 6 burst beys might be easier to catch on than trying to explain the pros and cons of the hundreds of old parts.
But starting there doesn't mean that you have to exclude mfb, hms, or plastics from your club.
Whether you start with MFB or Burst, it's a mistake to think that you need to have enough competitive combos to go around. People who aren't willing to buy their own Beyblades aren't going to care if it's competitive or not. Just try to make a few combos that are on equal footing with each other and demonstrate different aspects of the game.
ive been the voted ( and I kinda had to battle to keep me leadership once or twice ) the leader of my beyblade club ( TBE ) and I've started it since around 2014. I have I think around 6-7 people on my team. I only had 2 of them come over to my house though. anyway I help them with their combos once and a while and also sometimes I sneak a few parts to school so I can trade Tongue_out_wink
(Oct. 14, 2015  9:37 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Whether you start with MFB or Burst, it's a mistake to think that you need to have enough competitive combos to go around. People who aren't willing to buy their own Beyblades aren't going to care if it's competitive or not. Just try to make a few combos that are on equal footing with each other and demonstrate different aspects of the game.

This is more or less what I do.Things this year are slower than last an i wouldn't expect most people to get more than 15 or so people. I have my combos split between Standard MFB and Limited. Also, expect people to say they'll sign in as a joke or to mess with you in general. I was interviewed and practically the whole school saw the video. I'll look for the link.

TLDR: Be above the people that will put you down for Beyblade.
I'm considering starting a club at my school. I already know 4 guys that have beys (counting me) and I have 4 stadiums so this could work

Also anybody live in southern indiana? Maybe evansville?
My friend just made this video to advertise my club for next year.
https://youtu.be/j8O-HZrKPQ4

Also, since it is Summer, now is the perfect time to try and plan for starting up your own clubs for next school year. If you need any advice or want to share ideas, please post here.
Ah, I like what the script of the video was, but I think people might have been more interested if they saw the whole group, or more than just hands playing?
I started mine, actually. It's pretty decently sized. Like 7 members
(Sep. 03, 2014  5:23 AM)Achi-baba Wrote: Sorry to double post, I was ale to get three more members to sign up @[Irtaza5], @[Blitz Boss], and @[Ediolosa] have signed up. Two more until I can have tournaments. I have a friend who says he might even buy a BB-10 to hep me out. More people are asking me to buy buy beyblades for them(with their money) but I'm asking them to try and order online to see what hey might want that isn't in stores. I really need to get my secretary to actually attend and help e out.

And my phone died before I could take pictures, so that will be in the works for a while. How has everyone else's attempts gone?
Pretty dang good, meets all week at lunch.
My friends and I started a BeyClub in 2011. Our name was "The BeyFighters". The main members were Kaito13LP, LadyTheSheltie, GenbullOrion29 and TurboLibra14 (me). Some more members like ReijiPSerpent, KorteCarlo, KentaEagle and SagittarioFan99 joined us later, too. Most of them retired from Beyblade and later I moved away. When I lived at the north coast of Germany I founded a new beyblade club at our school: The Brummkreiselmafia. The most active members were BeelzebBlader, ManticoreKid, CatLP, SharkDuck and me. We also held our first wbo tournament: Friesland BeyRevival Tournament. After we had to move away ManticoreKid, CatLP and I moved to Oak Forest where we met NemesisvonWinterfell. He's a Beyblade Veteran like me. Together we founded a new club: the Reneguards. After we finished school I moved to the east coast. But after a ton of bad experiences I decided it's best to move back to the Emsland. When Beyblade Burst comes to Germany this year it's my mission to bring Beyblade to the new generation of German Bladers ad to continue the legacy of the Emsland BeyClub as the Neo BeyFighters. I already recruted some new members who might get into Beyblade. Long live Beyblade! :D

PS: The Emsland is on the German side of the border to the Neatherlands. :)
(Oct. 14, 2015  6:50 AM)Wombat Wrote: So I'm trying to start up a club at my college right now. Gaming is pretty big here from what I've seen (we have a competitive SSBM Team) so I figure I've got a decent chance of getting one started. But I can see a few problems that might occur in the future if it ends up happening.

1. Do I use MFB or Burst? Plastics and HMS are out of the question as they are hard to come by. MFB is an established generation with multiple different formats that can change things up, but Burst is the current format, and if the club stays around, will hit the U.S. before I graduate making them the most accessible. Both must be bought online, which leads into the second issue:

2. I don't have enough resources. If I brought my entire collection I could do Limited, but since so many Competitive Combos have overlapping parts it would be tough. With all the Chrome Wheel overlap, Standard and Zero-G are out of the question. Even counting the Burst Beyblades I don't even have yet, I only have 5 of those. Having club members buy their own would just make people less likely to join, and I highly doubt I could get funding from the school to buy enough for everyone. I know a few people here, like @[ZachBob] and @[Tri] have hosted "shared" tournaments where all participants just use your parts; how did you guys make them work?
For 2, I just loaned a burst bey for a week and gave them a deadline for use. Not in a rude manner though!
I also host them on Fridays, so on a meeting before a a certain day, I announce a tournament. There is usually a prize, like a single pack, or a supergrip. (only have access to hasbro products)
Man...If the schools here in Brazil were like yours, I would like to try to create a beybladr club in mine School, but ... if I explain this idea for the principal he would probably kick me out of the room o_0
(Feb. 26, 2017  1:34 AM)Grey Bey Wrote: Man...If the schools here in Brazil were like yours, I would like to try to create a beybladr club in mine School, but ... if I explain this idea for the principal he would probably kick me out of the room o_0

It doesn't have to be official! It can be hosted outdoors, or within some area of a lunch room, etc. I hosted mine in the front of a classroom open to anyone down for playing board games and watching movies. It's not too hard! It's not like something you see in a TV show. Your principal probably would be dumbfounded by the idea, not knowing what it was at all. Just form it by the students!
I've started one ever since a few months ago and it was great!
I had a few (actually there were 12 of us including me) friends and we all got together before school in the gym and battled the whole entire time. That is until school started. Having a beyclub can be fun, and i would reccomend to to have beyclubs. It can be a great way to connect with friends.
I would make one but my school is more about sports.plus the only clubs in my school is skiing and math.
I have a Beyblade club in school. I like... train all my members to be top players. We get up at 6.00am, sharp. You think you're getting the weekends off? Nah... haha... you're wrong. You have to learn how to customise and de-customise a Beyblade in 10 seconds or bıtch your outta here. I use the latest technology to record their launch power to make sure I ain't got no weak carps on my team. If guys try start problems on us and pull knifes out calling us losers, we don't stand there trembling in our own pıss, nah, we just start laughing and pull our beys out. Metal Fight Beyblades are good most situations, but we prefer Burst so you know... it bursts in their faces AND MESESS IT UP LIKE BıTCH WHO'S A LOSER NOW HUH??? TAKE MY SPRIGGAN YOU BıTCH . THAT'LL TEACH YOU.
(Sep. 05, 2017  12:23 AM)Tokyo Wrote: I have a Beyblade club in school. I like... train all my members to be top players. We get up at 6.00am, sharp. You think you're getting the weekends off? Nah... haha... you're wrong. You have to learn how to customise and de-customise a Beyblade in 10 seconds or bıtch your outta here. I use the latest technology to record their launch power to make sure I ain't got no weak carps on my team. If guys try start problems on us and pull knifes out calling us losers, we don't stand there trembling in our own pıss, nah, we just start laughing and pull our beys out. Metal Fight Beyblades are good most situations, but we prefer Burst so you know... it bursts in their faces AND MESESS IT UP LIKE BıTCH WHO'S A LOSER NOW HUH??? TAKE MY SPRIGGAN YOU BıTCH . THAT'LL TEACH YOU.

Just an FYI
You'll probably be warned for language
The WBO is supposed to be a safe place for all ages so inappropriate language isn't allowed
(Sep. 05, 2017  12:23 AM)Tokyo Wrote: I have a Beyblade club in school. I like... train all my members to be top players. We get up at 6.00am, sharp. You think you're getting the weekends off? Nah... haha... you're wrong. You have to learn how to customise and de-customise a Beyblade in 10 seconds or bıtch your outta here. I use the latest technology to record their launch power to make sure I ain't got no weak carps on my team. If guys try start problems on us and pull knifes out calling us losers, we don't stand there trembling in our own pıss, nah, we just start laughing and pull our beys out. Metal Fight Beyblades are good most situations, but we prefer Burst so you know... it bursts in their faces AND MESESS IT UP LIKE BıTCH WHO'S A LOSER NOW HUH??? TAKE MY SPRIGGAN YOU BıTCH . THAT'LL TEACH YOU.

SAAAAAAAAAAMMMEEEE MY DUDE THAT IS MEEE
What is WRONG with you?

crazy person

I'm thinking about doing a bey tournament at my school, as our beyclub is quite popular and I'm probably the best, as I am the only owner of Tamara tomy beys, but what about prizes?

*takara
(Aug. 29, 2014  3:17 AM)Achi-baba Wrote: So today was my first meeting for my Beyblade Club in my school. I thought that this would be a good way to increase the amount of members and events. So this thread is for helping others start clubs in their schools(not all schools allow custom clubs) and for helpful advice to improve the club experience.

My Club Constitution:
Photos

hey how do u make your club join tournament or other events of how do u make a club
This is my set-up for work.

[Image: rLSY94.jpg]
[Image: YIT5Jk.jpg]

We technically don't have a Beyblade Club but we are a Club in general.