Beyblade Burst Sparking Episode #31 (October 23, 2020)

(Oct. 18, 2020  1:57 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Oct. 18, 2020  1:52 AM)Vtryuga Wrote: Well one thing which I find hilarious is that everyone is assuming that they are master storytellers.
While you may disagree with one another i dont think there is some good definition of storytelling that one can fall back too always
In my humble opinion I would want valt to win but making valt and shu loose to lean is also a possibility that i wouldn't mind seeing.  If you come to think of it it cements leans role as an antagonist , however for this to be successful they would need to develop Lean a bit more to explain the power levels
One thing is that they could show lean being trained since god as a child by astem in the snake lit. For all we know there hasnt been an official end for it .

Though this will not be likely that both spriggan and valkyie loose but it would also be interesting to watch

Well there are certain aspects of Storytelling that are staples when telling stories. Things like story structure, principles of character progression, story logic, etc. When these story principles aren't applied then you have a deficient story.
There are also times when expectations have been subverted. Im saying this again just because you don't like lean to win that doesnt mean its the worst story descision there is. It shows that the antagonist has reached where he wanted and that the protags are extremely far away from his level. 

Although i do want valt to win,  I mean who doesn't? Lol
(Oct. 18, 2020  2:01 AM)Vtryuga Wrote:
(Oct. 18, 2020  1:57 AM)Admiral W Wrote: Well there are certain aspects of Storytelling that are staples when telling stories. Things like story structure, principles of character progression, story logic, etc. When these story principles aren't applied then you have a deficient story.
There are also times when expectations have been subverted. Im saying this again just because you don't like lean to win that doesnt mean its the worst story descision there is. It shows that the antagonist has reached where he wanted and that the protags are extremely far away from his level. 

Although i do want valt to win,  I mean who doesn't? Lol

I'm not talking about Lane. I'm talking about pure storytelling principles. Even subverted expectations have to fall within basic principles of how to construct a story.
(Oct. 18, 2020  1:54 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Oct. 18, 2020  1:52 AM)Vtryuga Wrote: Well one thing which I find hilarious is that everyone is assuming that they are master storytellers.
While you may disagree with one another i dont think there is some good definition of storytelling that one can fall back too always
In my humble opinion I would want valt to win but making valt and shu loose to lean is also a possibility that i wouldn't mind seeing.  If you come to think of it it cements leans role as an antagonist , however for this to be successful they would need to develop Lean a bit more to explain the power levels
One thing is that they could show lean being trained since god as a child by astem in the snake lit. For all we know there hasnt been an official end for it .

Though this will not be likely that both spriggan and valkyie loose but it would also be interesting to watch

I think that the snake pit theory could lead to potential plot holes such as why didn’t Ashtem try to find Lane.
I really don't think Ashtem will return. He appeared in god and was forgotten.
(Oct. 18, 2020  1:54 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:

I think that the snake pit theory could lead to potential plot holes such as why didn’t Ashtem try to find Lane.

they snake pit theary have zero effect on lane we dont know when he started beyblading just because lane showcase that kind of power doesn't mean he has to be connected to the snake pit do you see phi connect to them no cause it doesn't have too  , we don't know how he got the flare in the first place plus at the time we know what bladers we're dominating . and lastly they reason why the snake pit thing will most likely be drop is simple the settle it in the manga ashtem took his L like a man . lane can easily be his own thing like phi they don't need the snake pit thing specially with lane only recently discover cause of that flare of his 4 years after God . so their no way ashtem would no about him
(Oct. 18, 2020  2:39 AM)God Dragruler Wrote:
(Oct. 18, 2020  1:54 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: I think that the snake pit theory could lead to potential plot holes such as why didn’t Ashtem try to find Lane.

they snake pit theary have zero effect on lane we dont know when he started beyblading just because lane showcase that kind of power doesn't mean he has to be connected to the snake pit do you see phi connect to them no cause it doesn't have too  , we don't know how he got the flare in the first place plus at the time we know what bladers we're dominating . and lastly they reason why the snake pit thing will most likely be drop is simple the settle it in the manga ashtem took his L like a man . lane can easily be his own thing like phi they don't need the snake pit thing specially with lane only recently discover cause of that flare of his 4 years after God . so their no way ashtem would no about him

I’m talking about the story in general. We know that Lane recently started blading since he’s called a rookie, he’s around the age of 11, and it’s implied Uranus was his FIRST bey. If Lane was indeed involved with the Snake Pit it wouldn’t quite make sense.
(Oct. 18, 2020  2:46 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Oct. 18, 2020  2:39 AM)God Dragruler Wrote: they snake pit theary have zero effect on lane we dont know when he started beyblading just because lane showcase that kind of power doesn't mean he has to be connected to the snake pit do you see phi connect to them no cause it doesn't have too  , we don't know how he got the flare in the first place plus at the time we know what bladers we're dominating . and lastly they reason why the snake pit thing will most likely be drop is simple the settle it in the manga ashtem took his L like a man . lane can easily be his own thing like phi they don't need the snake pit thing specially with lane only recently discover cause of that flare of his 4 years after God . so their no way ashtem would no about him

I’m talking about the story in general. We know that Lane recently started blading since he’s called a rookie, he’s around the age of 11, and it’s implied Uranus was his FIRST bey. If Lane was indeed involved with the Snake Pit it wouldn’t quite make sense.

Oh my bad your also against that theory wouldnt make sense  my bad i thought you think lane has to be involved with the snake pit sorry about that. But yea agree with what you say even if lane was around valt And shu age as you mention he Just start beyblading And uranus is his first bey I honestly dont understand why some fans think lane has to be part of the snake pit to justified his strenght we've seen bladers that Just started have a great power without needing to be part of a certain evil group. Look at arthur or even gwynn the guy got to drum And delta level in mere episode with no connection to any group he Just strong And theirs other bladers like that too.
let's just say that Valt wins this clearly. It's very obvious now Lean's reign of terror ends here.
(Oct. 18, 2020  3:19 AM)Legend Red Eye Wrote: let's just say that Valt wins this clearly. It's very obvious now Lean's reign of terror ends here.

That would be amazing, but Lane already scored one point. With Achilles bursting I’ve lost hope.
(Oct. 18, 2020  4:11 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Oct. 18, 2020  3:19 AM)Legend Red Eye Wrote: let's just say that Valt wins this clearly. It's very obvious now Lean's reign of terror ends here.

That would be amazing, but Lane already scored one point. With Achilles bursting I’ve lost hope.
Well you have to note to that aiga rn is not even on valt level of power in terms of full power so valt might win this one
(Oct. 18, 2020  4:24 AM)Needforspeed Wrote:
(Oct. 18, 2020  4:11 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: That would be amazing, but Lane already scored one point. With Achilles bursting I’ve lost hope.
Well you have to note to that aiga rn is not even on valt level of power in terms of full power so valt might win this one

Aiga’s number 3, and it’s implied that the legends are close in power so I would say Aiga’s pretty close.
(Oct. 18, 2020  4:30 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Oct. 18, 2020  4:24 AM)Needforspeed Wrote: Well you have to note to that aiga rn is not even on valt level of power in terms of full power so valt might win this one

Aiga’s number 3, and it’s implied that the legends are close in power so I would say Aiga’s pretty close.

Based off of what we've seen says otherwise. Aiga got CLAPPED with a burst, while Valt suffered a very close Over Finish to the same move. Kinda shows a slightly bigger gap than you think. Maybe not that much, but still noticeable.
(Oct. 18, 2020  4:24 AM)Needforspeed Wrote: Well you have to note to that aiga rn is not even on valt level of power in terms of full power so valt might win this one

Yeah but anime wise if you look at the previous aiga encounter with lean Achilles doesn't even make a dent to it or at least make it wobble and he has noticed this on the beginning of episode 28 where Infinite sword doesn't even make a dent to Lucifer barrier unlike valt who has been proven to Penetrate his attack through the barrier with brute strength and almost broke the barrier possibly broke it in the next episode you could see the power difference
(Oct. 18, 2020  4:37 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote:
(Oct. 18, 2020  4:30 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Aiga’s number 3, and it’s implied that the legends are close in power so I would say Aiga’s pretty close.

Based off of what we've seen says otherwise. Aiga got CLAPPED with a burst, while Valt suffered a very close Over Finish to the same move. Kinda shows a slightly bigger gap than you think. Maybe not that much, but still noticeable.

(Oct. 18, 2020  4:41 AM)Needforspeed Wrote:
(Oct. 18, 2020  4:30 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Aiga’s number 3, and it’s implied that the legends are close in power so I would say Aiga’s pretty close.
Yeah but anime wise if you look at the previous aiga encounter with lean Achilles doesn't even make a dent to it or at least make it wobble and he has noticed this on the beginning of episode 28 where Infinite sword doesn't even make a dent to Lucifer barrier unlike valt who has been proven to Penetrate his attack through the barrier with brute strength and almost broke the barrier possibly broke it in the next episode you could see the power difference

All good points, but when has super king made sense? Lane who just started blading bursted the world number 5, 4, and 3.

I mean from what I've seen only 5 bladers looks like their  close in power . aside from that if I were to grade valt strength to aiga it would be 10/10 for valt and 8 or 7/10 for aiga cause of lane how he just got stronger somehow lol I don't see aiga beating this lane at all cause well reasons lol,but I like that the anime is showing who's stronger then who despite not revealing their rank both free and lui performance are worthy of #4 & #5  drum is also worthy of the #6 which is cool both sisco and rantaro looks a bit below then but are show case in very very impressive way and lane is well lane lol. the jokes i see in discord about lane being like jiren is starting to be very true the wall of plot armor lol
(Oct. 18, 2020  4:50 AM)God Dragruler Wrote:

I mean from what I've seen only 5 bladers looks like their  close in power . aside from that if I were to grade valt strength to aiga it would be 10/10 for valt and 8 or 7/10 for aiga cause of lane how just for stronger somehow lol I don't see aiga beating this lane at all cause well reasons lol,but I like that the anime is showing who's stronger then who despite not revealing their rank both free and lui performance are worthy of #4 & #5  drum is also worthy of the #6 which is cool both sisco and rantaro looks a bit below then but are show case in very very impressive way and lane is well lane lol. the jokes i see in discord about lane being like jiren is starting to be very true the wall of plot armor lol

Meanwhile Zac all the way in like rank 8 with Zillion Zeus
(Oct. 18, 2020  4:49 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Oct. 18, 2020  4:37 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: Based off of what we've seen says otherwise. Aiga got CLAPPED with a burst, while Valt suffered a very close Over Finish to the same move. Kinda shows a slightly bigger gap than you think. Maybe not that much, but still noticeable.

(Oct. 18, 2020  4:41 AM)Needforspeed Wrote: Yeah but anime wise if you look at the previous aiga encounter with lean Achilles doesn't even make a dent to it or at least make it wobble and he has noticed this on the beginning of episode 28 where Infinite sword doesn't even make a dent to Lucifer barrier unlike valt who has been proven to Penetrate his attack through the barrier with brute strength and almost broke the barrier possibly broke it in the next episode you could see the power difference

All good points, but when has super king made sense? Lane who just started blading bursted the world number 5, 4, and 3.
For me its makes sense except for jiren  Uh i mean lean
(Oct. 18, 2020  4:53 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Oct. 18, 2020  4:50 AM)God Dragruler Wrote: I mean from what I've seen only 5 bladers looks like their  close in power . aside from that if I were to grade valt strength to aiga it would be 10/10 for valt and 8 or 7/10 for aiga cause of lane how just for stronger somehow lol I don't see aiga beating this lane at all cause well reasons lol,but I like that the anime is showing who's stronger then who despite not revealing their rank both free and lui performance are worthy of #4 & #5  drum is also worthy of the #6 which is cool both sisco and rantaro looks a bit below then but are show case in very very impressive way and lane is well lane lol. the jokes i see in discord about lane being like jiren is starting to be very true the wall of plot armor lol

Meanwhile Zac all the way in like rank 8 with Zillion Zeus

He is rank 12 with Galaxy Zeus.
(Oct. 18, 2020  5:06 AM)TheGolden Blade Wrote:
(Oct. 18, 2020  4:53 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Meanwhile Zac all the way in like rank 8 with Zillion Zeus

He is rank 12 with Galaxy Zeus.

When did he get Galaxy?
Valt is the OG burst protagonist. I think He will beat Lane/Lean and win the Legend Festival! Then in the episode after that Lane returns to Shu for more training. (Btw this is just my prediction I hope Valt wins but probably it is going to be Lane due to the heaviest antagonist plot armour in all of Beyblade).
Well I wonder why people like Ryuga who had similar levels of plot armour. In first season the only person he lost to was gingka not anyone else. Yet people have complaints with lean who will definitely loose the next battle with valt
(Oct. 18, 2020  7:06 AM)Vtryuga Wrote: Well I wonder  why people like Ryuga who had similar levels of plot armour.  In first season the only person he lost to was gingka not anyone else. Yet people have complaints with lean who will definitely loose the next battle with valt

Well, thats because as you know Ryuga is a trained ,experienced, already a legendary blader due to his bey and his bey spirit and bit beast( L drago) is 2nd or 3rd i think( pegasus and ldrago beys can be interchanged in terms of power). But for me Ryuga is 2nd after Rago. The reason everyone dislikes Lean is more likely because he is just a rookie who just trained without much experience and always saying flare flare blah blah and all and already defeated the legends without him being the legend. 

While Ryuga was already a legendary blader and one of the strongest blader when introduced who defeated gingka's father. 

I don't think Phi was hated that much. Even though Phi also had the plot armour still he was older than that of all bladers in choz. He has experience, training and dark resonance as well. 
But lean coming out of nowhere and defeated the legends is like too much.
(Oct. 18, 2020  8:35 AM)ValtKurenai2020 Wrote:
(Oct. 18, 2020  7:06 AM)Vtryuga Wrote: Well I wonder  why people like Ryuga who had similar levels of plot armour.  In first season the only person he lost to was gingka not anyone else. Yet people have complaints with lean who will definitely loose the next battle with valt

Well, thats because as you know Ryuga is a trained ,experienced, already a legendary blader due to his bey and his bey spirit and bit beast( L drago) is 2nd or 3rd i think( pegasus and ldrago beys can be interchanged in terms of power). But for me Ryuga is 2nd after Rago. The reason everyone dislikes Lean is more likely because he is just a rookie who just trained without much experience and always saying flare flare blah blah and all and already defeated the legends without him being the legend. 

While Ryuga was already a legendary blader and one of the strongest blader when introduced who defeated gingka's father. 

I don't think Phi was hated that much. Even though Phi also had the plot armour still he was older than that of all bladers in choz. He has experience, training and dark resonance as well. 

I am talking about the first season not about the whole series.  Also phi you said had dark power but even lean has dark resonance.  Lets face it just because he is defeating the legends people are getting angry at lean. Phi did not till the end of the series, thats why he was more acceptable as a villain.  

There is the problem to make a strong villain you need people to be upset with him. I mean if the villain was nice and all then no one would call him that. 

Im just confused as to why people hate him by saying plot armour. Plot armour is not the main point here.
(Oct. 18, 2020  8:54 AM)Vtryuga Wrote:
(Oct. 18, 2020  8:35 AM)ValtKurenai2020 Wrote: Well, thats because as you know Ryuga is a trained ,experienced, already a legendary blader due to his bey and his bey spirit and bit beast( L drago) is 2nd or 3rd i think( pegasus and ldrago beys can be interchanged in terms of power). But for me Ryuga is 2nd after Rago. The reason everyone dislikes Lean is more likely because he is just a rookie who just trained without much experience and always saying flare flare blah blah and all and already defeated the legends without him being the legend. 

I am talking about the first season not about the whole series.  Also phi you said had dark power but even lean has dark resonance.  Lets face it just because he is defeating the legends people are getting angry at lean. Phi did not till the end of the series, thats why he was more acceptable as a villain.  

There is the problem to make a strong villain you need people to be upset with him. I mean if the villain was nice and all then no one would call him that. 

Im just confused as to why people hate him by saying plot armour. Plot armour is not the main point here.

Well, the reason phi was not hated much is because of what you said here but you also have to consider that phi was far more skilled, experienced, tactical and stronger resonance than the stronger bladers like valt, shu, free. 
While in case of lean he is just a rookie who might have skills and experience but he looked as if he was leagues above every legend he fought before like no one got a single point against him in 1v1. Thats what I don't like where the legends strength were disrespected. Lean winning is not much of a problem but the way he wins is a huge problem in itself. Against phi atleast free, shu were able to get a point or two. 

In Lean's case if he would have defeated rantaro, sisco and drum before beating free, lui and aiga then it would have been commendable but he came out of nowhere and defeating no3 , 4 , 5 blader without even getting sweat and like he was already leagues above them.
(Oct. 18, 2020  9:28 AM)ValtKurenai2020 Wrote:
(Oct. 18, 2020  8:54 AM)Vtryuga Wrote: I am talking about the first season not about the whole series.  Also phi you said had dark power but even lean has dark resonance.  Lets face it just because he is defeating the legends people are getting angry at lean. Phi did not till the end of the series, thats why he was more acceptable as a villain.  

Well, the reason phi was not hated much is because of what you said here but you also have to consider that phi was far more skilled, experienced, tactical and stronger resonance than the stronger bladers like valt, shu, free. 
While in case of lean he is just a rookie who might have skills and experience but he looked as if he was leagues above every legend he fought before like no one got a single point against him in 1v1. Thats what I don't like where the legends strength were disrespected. Lean winning is not much of a problem but the way he wins is a huge problem in itself. Against phi atleast free, shu were able to get a point or two. 

In Lean's case if he would have defeated rantaro, sisco and drum before beating free, lui and aiga then it would have been commendable but he came out of nowhere and defeating no3 , 4 , 5 blader without even getting sweat and like he was already leagues above them.

Well I can understand your point very well. 

However we really dont know leans backstory which i want to know. 
There can be a justification somewhere in there( like perhaps lean has been training very hard or something like that.

But i would not go as far as to say he has plot armour. That is all.
I actually dislike the S1 ryuga I only like 4D Ryuga, i dislike lean bc he doesn't get a backstory to how he gets his power and how he won is just irritates me if he gets a backstory that is clear and good i can tolerate it but for now i hate lean