Beyblade Burst Sparking Episode #31 (October 23, 2020)

(Oct. 17, 2020  11:46 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Oct. 17, 2020  11:45 PM)Admiral W Wrote: This guy broke both their beys, what more motivation do they need?

The drive to avenge the people they look up to?

But to do that would be unnecessary, because the fuel and motivation for that confrontation has already been laid.

It would be gratuitous to do that.
(Oct. 17, 2020  11:45 PM)Admiral W Wrote: This guy broke both their beys, what more motivation do they need?

Getting revenge for yourself is one thing, but the person you look up too and practically your teacher hits way harder.

That doesn't make sense their beys already been crushed i mean what and why would they (hikaru doesn't even fo that for aiga) if lean breaks valkyrie it's pretty obvious that they disrespect valt 2-3 more episodes shu is gonna whip lean up like what if valt is no1 and shu is no2 then why the gap is so different ig if you could make a argument about WSp being made literally to counter Lucifer imo its a bad move
(Oct. 17, 2020  11:48 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Oct. 17, 2020  11:46 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: The drive to avenge the people they look up to?

But to do that would be unnecessary, because the fuel and motivation for that confrontation has already been laid.

Doesn't mean they just have to stop there. They can have multiple stakes on the line on once, it makes the story more engaging.
(Oct. 17, 2020  11:54 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Oct. 17, 2020  11:48 PM)Admiral W Wrote: But to do that would be unnecessary, because the fuel and motivation for that confrontation has already been laid.

Doesn't mean they just have to stop there. They can have multiple stakes on the line on once, it makes the story more engaging.
One of the cardinal rules of storytelling Is, don't add what you don't need and throw out what's unnecessary. When you have something that's already accomplishing a particular story purpose, it's the mark of bad writing to then add another element that's accomplishing the same thing. It's wasteful writing. Doing that would be bad writing, in addition, it would needlessly anger the fanbase.
(Oct. 18, 2020  12:01 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Oct. 17, 2020  11:54 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Doesn't mean they just have to stop there. They can have multiple stakes on the line on once, it makes the story more engaging.
One of the cardinal rules of storytelling Is, don't add what you don't need and throw out what's unnecessary. When you have something that's already accomplishing a particular story purpose, it's the mark of bad writing to then add another element that's accomplishing the same thing. It's wasteful writing. Doing that would be bad writing, in addition, it would needlessly anger the fanbase.
I get where you're coming form, but its just more motivation. Its not like adding another giant plot point that just goes down to the same thing. Its just saying instead of "He broke our beys, lets get him back" its "He broke our beys and our teachers". The bey breaking of someone that's helped you and you look up too holds a lot more weight than your bey just breaking.

(Oct. 17, 2020  11:41 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Oct. 17, 2020  11:40 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: To each their own I guess.
Indeed, I couldn't care less about Hikaru and Hyuga. They might as well just fall off a cliff or something. I came here for the legends.

Yeah yeah yeah whatever, but in the end of the day this show is about the main characters. Just cause you like the legends doesn't mean its illegal for their bey to break. Things in the show push the main characters further. This could hypothetically be one of the things.
(Oct. 18, 2020  12:07 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Oct. 18, 2020  12:01 AM)Admiral W Wrote: One of the cardinal rules of storytelling Is, don't add what you don't need and throw out what's unnecessary. When you have something that's already accomplishing a particular story purpose, it's the mark of bad writing to then add another element that's accomplishing the same thing. It's wasteful writing. Doing that would be bad writing, in addition, it would needlessly anger the fanbase.
I get where you're coming form, but its just more motivation. Its not like adding another giant plot point that just goes down to the same thing. Its just saying instead of "He broke our beys, lets get him back" its "He broke our beys and our teachers". The bey breaking of someone that's helped you and you look up too holds a lot more weight than your bey just breaking.

The thing is, they already have the motivation laid. The breaking of their beys is a personal loss, they were wrecked by the destruction of their partners, it's already serving as the fuel for their eventual confrontation against Lane, so adding that is unnecessary. The purpose it would serve is already being served.
(Oct. 18, 2020  12:15 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Oct. 18, 2020  12:07 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: I get where you're coming form, but its just more motivation. Its not like adding another giant plot point that just goes down to the same thing. Its just saying instead of "He broke our beys, lets get him back" its "He broke our beys and our teachers". The bey breaking of someone that's helped you and you look up too holds a lot more weight than your bey just breaking.

The thing is, they already have the motivation laid. The breaking of their beys is a personal loss, they were wrecked by the destruction of their partners, it's already serving as the fuel for their eventual confrontation against Lane, so adding that is unnecessary. The purpose it would serve is already being served.

You can add more fuel to the fire without it burning over
(Oct. 18, 2020  12:17 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Oct. 18, 2020  12:15 AM)Admiral W Wrote: The thing is, they already have the motivation laid. The breaking of their beys is a personal loss, they were wrecked by the destruction of their partners, it's already serving as the fuel for their eventual confrontation against Lane, so adding that is unnecessary. The purpose it would serve is already being served.

You can add more fuel to the fire without it burning over

The thing is, it's unnecessary, the fuel is sufficiently stoked.
(Oct. 18, 2020  12:21 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Oct. 18, 2020  12:17 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: You can add more fuel to the fire without it burning over

The thing is, it's unnecessary, the fuel is sufficiently stoked.

I guess you could say it is, but its jus "Oh no my partner is gone." Your teacher, the person you look up too and that teacher you almost everything you know is a lot more enticing and not to much either.
(Oct. 18, 2020  12:23 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Oct. 18, 2020  12:21 AM)Admiral W Wrote: The thing is, it's unnecessary, the fuel is sufficiently stoked.

I guess you could say it is, but its jus "Oh no my partner is gone." Your teacher, the person you look up too and that teacher you almost everything you know is a lot more enticing and not to much either.
Valt is barely even teaching hyuga and hikaru if it rantaro it would make more sense
(Oct. 18, 2020  12:28 AM)Needforspeed Wrote:
(Oct. 18, 2020  12:23 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: I guess you could say it is, but its jus "Oh no my partner is gone." Your teacher, the person you look up too and that teacher you almost everything you know is a lot more enticing and not to much either.
Valt is barely even teaching hyuga and hikaru if it rantaro it would make more sense

Maybe not carp much of a teacher, but Valt definitely helped them and has been here for them.
(Oct. 18, 2020  12:23 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Oct. 18, 2020  12:21 AM)Admiral W Wrote: The thing is, it's unnecessary, the fuel is sufficiently stoked.

That takes us back to one of the cardinal rules of storytelling, don't add what you don't need.
(Oct. 18, 2020  12:32 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Oct. 18, 2020  12:23 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: I guess you could say it is, but its jus "Oh no my partner is gone." Your teacher, the person you look up too and that teacher you almost everything you know is a lot more enticing and not to much either.

That takes us back to one of the cardinal rules of storytelling, don't add what you don't need.

They don't specifically not need any more motivation because they already have some.
(Oct. 18, 2020  12:33 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Oct. 18, 2020  12:32 AM)Admiral W Wrote: That takes us back to one of the cardinal rules of storytelling, don't add what you don't need.

They don't specifically not need any more motivation because they already have some.

They already have the motivation laid. No need for anything more.

They don't need anymore because they already have something serving that purpose. Adding more is once again gratuitous. Don't add what's not needed. Adding elements that are already being served by something else is a big writing no no.
Well it would seem as if something I wanted to see happen to break the patterns is not acceptable to others.
Valt's got this. He is the stronger one, Lean knows he's gonna have a tough time beating Valt. Since Lean got the first point it's highly unlikely for him to win. Now Aiga vs Valt in episode 27 Aiga got the first point and won by breaking Valkryie. Pls don't break it, seriously TT is dumb if they break brave.
(Oct. 18, 2020  12:56 AM)TheGolden Blade Wrote: Valt's got this. He is the stronger one, Lean knows he's gonna have a tough time beating Valt. Since Lean got the first point it's highly unlikely for him to win. Now Aiga vs Valt in episode 27 Aiga got the first point and won by breaking Valkryie. Pls don't break it, seriously TT is dumb if they break brave.

To be fair, even if it did break it wouldn’t be in the official burst timeline.
(Oct. 18, 2020  1:02 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Oct. 18, 2020  12:56 AM)TheGolden Blade Wrote: Valt's got this. He is the stronger one, Lean knows he's gonna have a tough time beating Valt. Since Lean got the first point it's highly unlikely for him to win. Now Aiga vs Valt in episode 27 Aiga got the first point and won by breaking Valkryie. Pls don't break it, seriously TT is dumb if they break brave.

To be fair, even if it did break it wouldn’t be in the official burst timeline.
If valkyrie breaks or lean win or lucifer break or valt win ect this arc still has consequences to the story which makes this arc NOT FILLER FOR THE ANIME story
(Oct. 17, 2020  11:39 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Oct. 09, 2020  7:01 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Never in the history of any beyblade series or season has a semi match been more intense than a finals match. By logic a finals match is more intense so it’s pretty much a guarantee.

Drum and Delta vs Arthur and Gwyn Rise episode 25/49 disagrees
Well considering it was Rainbow turbo vs Superior turbo and there was a huge rainbow explosion inside of the Big Bang I’m pretty sure the finals was way more intense lol.
(Oct. 18, 2020  1:21 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Oct. 17, 2020  11:39 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Drum and Delta vs Arthur and Gwyn Rise episode 25/49 disagrees
Well considering it was Rainbow turbo vs Superior turbo and there was a huge rainbow explosion inside of the Big Bang I’m pretty sure the finals was way more intense.
Gt's final battle was the best.
Well one thing which I find hilarious is that everyone is assuming that they are master storytellers.
While you may disagree with one another i dont think there is some good definition of storytelling that one can fall back too always
In my humble opinion I would want valt to win but making valt and shu loose to lean is also a possibility that i wouldn't mind seeing. If you come to think of it it cements leans role as an antagonist , however for this to be successful they would need to develop Lean a bit more to explain the power levels
One thing is that they could show lean being trained since god as a child by astem in the snake lit. For all we know there hasnt been an official end for it .

Though this will not be likely that both spriggan and valkyie loose but it would also be interesting to watch
(Oct. 18, 2020  1:52 AM)Vtryuga Wrote: Well one thing which I find hilarious is that everyone is assuming that they are master storytellers.
While you may disagree with one another i dont think there is some good definition of storytelling that one can fall back too always
In my humble opinion I would want valt to win but making valt and shu loose to lean is also a possibility that i wouldn't mind seeing. If you come to think of it it cements leans role as an antagonist , however for this to be successful they would need to develop Lean a bit more to explain the power levels
One thing is that they could show lean being trained since god as a child by astem in the snake lit. For all we know there hasnt been an official end for it .

Though this will not be likely that both spriggan and valkyie loose but it would also be interesting to watch

I think that the snake pit theory could lead to potential plot holes such as why didn’t Ashtem try to find Lane.
(Oct. 18, 2020  1:52 AM)Vtryuga Wrote: Well one thing which I find hilarious is that everyone is assuming that they are master storytellers.
In my humble opinion I would want valt to win but making valt and shu loose to lean is also a possibility that i wouldn't mind seeing.  If you come to think of it it cements leans role as an antagonist , however for this to be successful they would need to develop Lean a bit more to explain the power levels

Well there are certain aspects of Storytelling that are staples when telling stories. Things like story structure, principles of character progression, story logic, etc. When these story principles aren't applied then you have a deficient story.
(Oct. 18, 2020  1:57 AM)Admiral W Wrote:
In my humble opinion I would want valt to win but making valt and shu loose to lean is also a possibility that i wouldn't mind seeing.  If you come to think of it it cements leans role as an antagonist , however for this to be successful they would need to develop Lean a bit more to explain the power levels

Well there are certain aspects of Storytelling that are staples when telling stories. Things like story structure, principles of character progression, story logic, etc. When these story principles aren't applied then you have a deficient story.

Super king makes no sense whatsoever.