Beyblade Burst Sparking Episode #31 (October 23, 2020)

(Nov. 26, 2020  5:35 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Nov. 26, 2020  5:34 PM)Admiral W Wrote: No one put words in your mouth, I was simply asking if you could understand people's frustrations.

I know, I understand them. I never once didn't. But just cause you're frustrated over something doesn't mean you can't be wrong.

Wrong from your point of view. Nothing anyone says here is immutable fact. I think it's important that we understand the other side of aisle.
(Nov. 26, 2020  5:37 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Nov. 26, 2020  5:35 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: I know, I understand them. I never once didn't. But just cause you're frustrated over something doesn't mean you can't be wrong.

Wrong from your point of view. Nothing anyone says here is immutable fact. I think it's important that we understand the other side of aisle.
You can have different opinions, or just be factually wrong. Saying that Valt is a wasted character just cause he lost a few times is  factually wrong.

Also saying they did the Legend's dirty because they're losing is factually wrong. I'm not stopping you form believing that, you can if you want, but they aren't just being thrown out to the side or not being respected. They're simply losing. Being a Legend doesn't protect you from losing to other non Legends. It just solidifies you're place as a strong blader for the time being. That being said, being a strong blader doesn't mean you can't be beaten. You can't eternally be a strong blader, of course power levels go up and down depending on the opponents. You can be strong, however if you face someone that has the perfect strategy to beat you, you're weak. I'm not sayin if you like the character's you can't be sad that they lost. I'm saying simply having sad feeling that they loss doesn't make any emotionally fueled statements not wrong. Sure you're sad, but they can still be wrong.
(Nov. 26, 2020  5:39 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Nov. 26, 2020  5:37 PM)Admiral W Wrote: Wrong from your point of view. Nothing anyone says here is immutable fact. I think it's important that we understand the other side of aisle.
You can have different opinions, or just be factually wrong. Saying that Valt is a wasted character just cause he lost a few times is  factually wrong.

That score is true. On the other hand people who feel that Valt was disrespected are not factually wrong, because from their point of view he was disrespected, and there is no basis for arguing facts in that case. Because there are no facts in that case. It's entirely a matter of opinion. To some, Valt taking the L is no big thing. To others that's a spit in the face. If we understand the other side of aisle perhaps that will decrease the hostility people are displaying.
(Nov. 26, 2020  5:46 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Nov. 26, 2020  5:39 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: You can have different opinions, or just be factually wrong. Saying that Valt is a wasted character just cause he lost a few times is  factually wrong.

That score is true. On the other hand people who feel that Valt was disrespected are not factually wrong, because from their point of view he was disrespected, and there is no basis for arguing facts in that case. Because there are no facts in that case. It's entirely a matter of opinion. To some, Valt taking the L is no big thing. To others that's a spit in the face. If we understand the other side of aisle perhaps that will decrease the hostility people are displaying.

From their point of view yes he was disrespected. However was he actually disrespected? No. It's just how you feel.

(Nov. 26, 2020  5:46 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Nov. 26, 2020  5:39 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: You can have different opinions, or just be factually wrong. Saying that Valt is a wasted character just cause he lost a few times is  factually wrong.

If you feel like its a slap in the face for your fav losing, that doesn't mean your fav losing was a bad decision made the creators and that your fav was disrespected. Sure that's what you may feel, but that's just your bias.
(Nov. 26, 2020  5:47 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Nov. 26, 2020  5:46 PM)Admiral W Wrote: That score is true. On the other hand people who feel that Valt was disrespected are not factually wrong, because from their point of view he was disrespected, and there is no basis for arguing facts in that case. Because there are no facts in that case. It's entirely a matter of opinion. To some, Valt taking the L is no big thing. To others that's a spit in the face. If we understand the other side of aisle perhaps that will decrease the hostility people are displaying.

From their point of view yes he was disrespected. However was he actually disrespected? No. It's just how you feel.
Once again that's from your view. We can't really approach this like a math equation where the conclusions are unchallengeable. 2+2=4 no point of view comes into play there because that is an immutable, unchangeable fact. Media is not that way. There is no ultimate conclusion that can be reached. From your view he wasn't actually disrespected, that's not a fact.
(Nov. 26, 2020  5:50 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Nov. 26, 2020  5:47 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: From their point of view yes he was disrespected. However was he actually disrespected? No. It's just how you feel.
Once again that's from your view. We can't really approach this like a math equation where the conclusions are unchallengeable. 2+2=4 no point of view comes into play there because that is an immutable, unchangeable fact. Media is not that way. There is no ultimate conclusion that can be reached. From your view he wasn't actually disrespected, that's not a fact.

To be disrespected is when you're shown a lack of respect. You can feel like your fav was shown a lack of respect when they lose, sure, but simply losing isn't a lack of respect. You can feel that it is, but when it all comes down to it, just losing isn't disrespecting the character.

I'm not saying you can't be sad and be disappointed that someone like Valt lost, but that doesn't mean your biased statements are suddenly not able to be argued with.
I think you should just agree to disagree, as whike there is bias involved, that still is people's opinion. Not like Admiral is actually wrong, but technically isn't right either. It's just that gray area.
(Nov. 26, 2020  5:52 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Nov. 26, 2020  5:50 PM)Admiral W Wrote: Once again that's from your view. We can't really approach this like a math equation where the conclusions are unchallengeable. 2+2=4 no point of view comes into play there because that is an immutable, unchangeable fact. Media is not that way. There is no ultimate conclusion that can be reached. From your view he wasn't actually disrespected, that's not a fact.

To be disrespected is when you're shown a lack of respect. You can feel like your fav was shown a lack of respect when they lose, sure, but simply losing isn't a lack of respect. You can feel that it is, but when it all comes down to it, just losing isn't disrespecting the character.

I'm not saying you can't be sad and be disappointed that someone like Valt lost, but that doesn't mean your biased statements are suddenly not able to be argued with.
The traditional definition includes the thought of being insulted. To some that was an insult. To others it wasn't
that's the point. You can make your point. No one is saying you can't. What I'm saying is that no one can say their thought is ultimate fact. But I don't think we're going to come to a meeting of minds on this point. Which is fine. Let's respectfully agree to disagree.
(Nov. 26, 2020  6:12 PM)Admiral W Wrote:
(Nov. 26, 2020  5:52 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: To be disrespected is when you're shown a lack of respect. You can feel like your fav was shown a lack of respect when they lose, sure, but simply losing isn't a lack of respect. You can feel that it is, but when it all comes down to it, just losing isn't disrespecting the character.

The traditional definition includes the thought of being insulted. To some that was an insult. To others it wasn't
that's the point. You can make your point. No one is saying you can't. What I'm saying is that no one can say their thought is ultimate fact. But I don't think we're going to come to a meeting of minds on this point. Which is fine. Let's respectfully agree to disagree.

I think we already did that...????
Ep 31 was nice and Valt was great.
Valt did his best but of course Lane wins.
(Nov. 26, 2020  8:52 PM)EarthHelios Wrote: Valt did his best but of course Lane wins.

Yeah
(Nov. 26, 2020  8:53 PM)EarthHelios Wrote: I dont know how this battle went wrong.

True
(Nov. 26, 2020  8:53 PM)EarthHelios Wrote: I dont know how this battle went wrong.
Valt trains with Shu and Lane threatening Valt, teasing an epic way for Valt to win. Valt wants to defeat Lane for destroying Hyperion and Helios. Valt manages to break the barrier with 1 shot, and Lucifer pulls a new move out of nowhere, clashes with Valt head on, bursting him. I told myself that maybe some legends were gonna evolve to match Lane's power. Valt couldn't even beat Variant Lucifer, why would Lane need an Evolution for? He literally anhilhited Lui, Aiga too, Valt put up an excellent fight but lost, and Lane is the one to get an evolution? The legends don't even feel like big threats anymore. What makes it worse is that they are gonna lose to the protagonist, and possibly destroyed by Lane. The legends feel weak.
Lane had just way too much power. But Im not complaining about Valt losing.
Valt did his best
(Nov. 26, 2020  11:46 PM)EarthHelios Wrote: Lane had just way too much power. But Im not complaining about Valt losing.
Agreed. There would be no point in him facing Shu if Valt beat him.
(Nov. 29, 2020  3:12 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Nov. 26, 2020  11:46 PM)EarthHelios Wrote: Lane had just way too much power. But Im not complaining about Valt losing.
Agreed. There would be no point in him facing Shu if Valt beat him.
Of course they had to throw in some plot armor to get there, but it’s a much better decision overall.
Drama aside, still can't get over how good this battle is
(Nov. 29, 2020  6:44 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Drama aside, still can't get over how good this battle is

that is very true
(Nov. 29, 2020  6:44 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Drama aside, still can't get over how good this battle is
Yeah, the animation was spectacular.