Beyblade Burst GT Episode #1 (April 5, 2019)

(Apr. 01, 2019  5:04 AM)DranzerX13 Wrote: 01) It's Gachi, Ace Dragon!
ガチだぜエースドラゴン!
Gachi da ze Ēsu Doragon!
April 5, 2019

Source: https://www.beyblade.jp/story/1/

One year has passed since the Title Match between Aiga Akaba and Valt Aoi. Valt completes Slash Valkyrie, a Gachi Bey brought to the next level. Valt's BC Sol understudies, Drum Koryu and Delta Akane, see the golden shining splendor of Slash Valkyrie in action. Having witnessed the infinite potential of Beys, Drum aims to create a shining Bey of his own by traveling to Japan alongside his partner, Ace Dragon. Now, another talented youth is set to cause a stir in the world of Beyblade!

Credit goes to Siliva for the episode summary translation.

So this means valt is the champ again?
One thing I forgot to mention in my review, but based on this episode and the bubbly opening, the series seems to be going back to it's more light-hearted direction, more simple and fun like the first season. This is something I'm happy with because Burst doesn't need to be too dark and it can focus on being fun and colourful.
(Apr. 05, 2019  3:46 PM)Jinbee Wrote: One thing I forgot to mention in my review, but based on this episode and the bubbly opening, the series seems to be going back to it's more light-hearted direction, more simple and fun like the first season. This is something I'm happy with because Burst doesn't need to be too dark and it can focus on being fun and colourful.

As long as we don't get Robo-Phi... i'll be fine.
(Apr. 05, 2019  3:36 PM)Hideous fairy Wrote:
(Apr. 01, 2019  5:04 AM)DranzerX13 Wrote: 01) It's Gachi, Ace Dragon!
ガチだぜエースドラゴン!
Gachi da ze Ēsu Doragon!
April 5, 2019

Source: https://www.beyblade.jp/story/1/

One year has passed since the Title Match between Aiga Akaba and Valt Aoi. Valt completes Slash Valkyrie, a Gachi Bey brought to the next level. Valt's BC Sol understudies, Drum Koryu and Delta Akane, see the golden shining splendor of Slash Valkyrie in action. Having witnessed the infinite potential of Beys, Drum aims to create a shining Bey of his own by traveling to Japan alongside his partner, Ace Dragon. Now, another talented youth is set to cause a stir in the world of Beyblade!

Credit goes to Siliva for the episode summary translation.

So this means valt is the champ again?

No, he is not
This was an amazing episode. I especially like Drum as a character, he reminds me of Gingka, except for the fact that Drum is a little more realistic and childish. As for the pacing, it was a little rushed, but we cannot expect it to come out amazing on the first try. I think that they could have put off meeting Amane until episode 2, but it was really cool to see. The animation style didn’t change much, but it was quite a bit more pleasing to the eye. I was confused by the fact that Dragon has really big legs, as it did not resemble the teaser. I was under the impression that it would basically be like a whiter Wyvern avatar. Nonetheless, the entire episode was a treat worth waiting a week for. Cho-Z felt unnecessarily lengthened (except episode 37 and such) and this is a nice solution. Overall, this is, in my honest opinion, going to be the finest season of Beyblade Burst.
So I finally watched it and it was what I was hoping for, a light-hearted season one-like series that we really needed after the dark and heavy chouzetsu. Drum sems like a mix of Valt and Aiga, being able to stand up for himself while keeping his positivity. I don't know how to properly describe it but something about this season feels really fresh.
(Apr. 05, 2019  4:15 PM)SCapri Wrote:

(Apr. 05, 2019  4:24 PM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Apr. 05, 2019  4:15 PM)SCapri Wrote:

I think ill get used to this series. Thank god it's to a lighter feel now. Cho Z was def the 4D of burst
The GT Opening is amazing in my opinion

But then again this is coming for they guy who didn’t like the Cho-Z opening
(Apr. 05, 2019  6:24 PM)NobodyBlader Wrote: The GT Opening is amazing in my opinion

But then again this is coming for they guy who didn’t like the Cho-Z opening
Yeah I feel the same, I really like it. For some reason it reminds me of an English-language kids' show theme song though.
Can someone tell me about that whole dialogue at the beginning with Valt and Drum? Also, who was the other guy w/ the blue hair?
(Apr. 05, 2019  11:08 PM)Jake the Blur Wrote: Can someone tell me about that whole dialogue at the beginning with Valt and Drum? Also, who was the other guy w/ the blue hair?

Valt was talking all about his new Gatinko bey. Valt starts talking about its features (the weight's centre of gravity etc) and Drum finishes his sentence and remarks at how cool Slash Valkyrie is, seeing from the manga that he's a "Bey Otaku". The other guy is called Delta, and he's also a BC Sol trainee, like Drum. Delta seemed to be surprised when Valt chose Drum as his first opponent with Slash Valkyrie.
In my opinion y’all sleeping on the Gachi opening. I rewatched it like 3 times now and it is really good imo
(Apr. 06, 2019  1:51 AM)JavariTheChamp Wrote: In my opinion y’all sleeping on the Gachi opening. I rewatched it like 3 times now and it is really good imo

The Opening is really catchy just love it
Why does everyone like the opening?
Its boring and the music is really bad
I’m surprised no one mentioned that 12 minute episodes mean that there are going to eventually be 102 episodes in total as well. To be honest I feel like this actually makes up enough room for Takara Tomy and CoroCoro as well as D-rights and others to produce much less frantic battles where Beyblades are gonna take way too long to spin out and give straight up quick fire learning points. Those such as rapid combination of certain bey layers and also bey drivers and discs describe the technical ability to create surprisingly different beys, while certain episodes talk about how the beys themselves are created, as well as other people being able to build their own bey.

With this, such episodes can shift between talking about the beys and the story while the next episode has the whole bey battle, with random opportunities for story arcs as well.
No one mentioned this either, but Bakugan Battle Planet went first with going for 102 episodes in 11 minute bricks. Wait a minute, GT has 11 minutes minus Master Blader tips.

Now I have a new idea for a thread, and if I build the thread myself, it’ll get shut down immediately.
A new thread based on all of TakaraTomy’s Master Blader segments, where they talk about beyblade strategies.
Ok episode shuld have showed more about when Drum gets his new bey. Im ok with 11 minutes episodes that way theyll have less filler content in and cut to the most important parts.
all that i could say has been said.
overall i am interested in this season. Cho-z was the one i didn't watch, because of the way it reduced some of the definite legends as beyblade nobodies.( i think i've said this alot but free and lui were the worst victims, lui was just a level chip for aiga and free was shock value.)
the pacing seems fine to me. i used to skip a lot of story to get something interesting. this is the first beyblade episode in the history of beyblade that i didn't skip through because it entertained me.
all that said i really hope for our older favourites to take their rightful places as masters, at this point i believe its only valt that left of the original cast that is still a show stopper.
earlier when lui or xhaka walked in, you knew it was someones next bloody nightmare or a busting siege( pun totally intended).i can't wait for something like that again
(Apr. 06, 2019  5:47 AM)Nightmarefafnir Wrote: Why does everyone like the opening?
Its boring and the music is really bad

The worst theme song
I liked the choz opening as soon as I heard it

Whereas this..
I was expecting something good since burst has a great reputation for good openings

As soon as I heard the first line I lost interest

The way they drag burst like '''baaaaast" is total cringe
I feel like people just hate GT because it’s something new, albeit a little more pressed for time, and they want to hate something about the series.
(Apr. 06, 2019  5:22 PM)Dt20000 Wrote: I feel like people just hate GT because it’s something new, albeit a little more pressed for time, and they want to hate something about the series.

I'm all for something different as long as it's done well, being different isn't always an excuse, I just don't think the first episode does it well. I don't hate GT's anime, I just don't particularly think it's great either. Like I said previously, I don't force myself to dislike or like something, liking or disliking is something nobody can truly control.

That said however, it is only the first episode so it should only be judged as such, rather than the entire season.
(Apr. 06, 2019  7:39 AM)IronFace879 Wrote: I’m surprised no one mentioned that 12 minute episodes mean that there are going to eventually be 102 episodes in total as well.

This isn't true, we have no confirmation of the length of the anime. Per the precedent set in the MFB days and standard anime practice however, we can probably assume we're looking at a 52x12 format for GT. I don't really know where the 102 is coming from outside of a horrible assumption, haha.

On another note, contrary to opinion, I'm actually like liking the OP as some dumb fun! Doesn't have the seriousness as Cho-Z which will definitely make people dislike it if it's being compared to that, but the different tone and approach is pretty nice, haha. Did a rough translation and styling if anyone is interested, but I'm definitely liking the different approach with the theme.

The pacing though...yes, it sucks and ends abruptly, but I don't know how much the second episode will make up for that when joined together. We'll see over time. A change in length was always going to yield a shaky start after all, the same was the case when 4D swapped to 12 minutes; felt abrupt, dissatisfying and rushed for a bit and then it worked itself out.