Beyblade Burst Competitive Combos List & Public Discussion [TENTATIVE]

(Jun. 09, 2017  9:53 PM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote:
(Jun. 09, 2017  1:05 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: B2 is good for attack i doubt it?i heard B2 is good for defense. G2 is not good for defense.Add unicrest in hasbro stamina combos also make seperat sections for hasbro stationary and mobile combos.hasbro unite works same as tt one( i guess still needs someone who owns it to confirm).No hasbro R2 in the list?L2 S W wont be good i guess because L2 will wobble alot on weight and weight has blance problems and scraping isssues even if it has potential i would count it as an anti attack.Also why are there only a few combos that use god layer disks?I2 is good on accel for burst attack ( this is confirmed).Driger S is also good for anti attack on defense i dont know if its good for attack.

G2 is decent at Defense. Hasbro R2 isn't good at all. I've used L2 on weight and found it to be pretty good.

hasbro R2 might be good as a staller (needs testing).i think b2 has use in defense rather than in attack also the same case with driger S.and about L2 i am really suprised alsounicrest deserves to be in hasbro defense and stmina combos both stationary and mobile.Also no hasbro S2?
(Jun. 10, 2017  3:00 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jun. 09, 2017  9:53 PM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote: G2 is decent at Defense. Hasbro R2 isn't good at all. I've used L2 on weight and found it to be pretty good.

hasbro R2 might be good as a staller (needs testing).i think b2 has use in defense rather than in attack also the same case with driger S.and about L2 i am really suprised alsounicrest deserves to be in hasbro defense and stmina combos both stationary and mobile.Also no hasbro S2?

Okay Hasbro R2 isn't good at all period and S2 isn't that great
don't be so rude with him... he 's a beginner and he learns. He has many thing to know at this time so be gentle...
Sorry if this is not the right thread, but this is rather important to me

What do you guys think would be a good non God layer TT combo that requires no skill and allows the user to pull at maximum effort in a D2/stock V2/X2 dominated meta in which bursts = 2 points, on a side note I also have the strongest launch amongst everyone else.

Parts are limited to
Wyvern Armed Massive
Deathscyther Oval Accel
Kerbeus Central Defense
Ragnaruk Heavy Survive
Xcalibur Force Xtreme

Dark Deathscyther Force Jaggy
Victory Valkyrie Boost Variable
Xeno Xcalibur Magnum Impact
Holy Horusood Upper Claw
Unlock Unicorn Down Needle
Kaiser Kerbeus Limited Press
Obelisk Odin Triple Xtreme
Rising Ragnaruk Gravity Revolve
Wild Wyvern Vertical Orbit
Storm Spriggan Knuckle Unite

Valkyrie layer

I have tried D2HO, D2GO, D2GD, D2HR, D2GR, K2HO, K2KO but they simply do not fit my playstyle of having the strongest launch as they burst immediately against weakly launched stock V2 combos by kids half my age.
you hyave great stuff and you should win easily so I don't understand why you losing at these...
(Jun. 10, 2017  3:15 PM)loyd87 Wrote: you hyave great stuff and you should win easily so I don't understand why you losing at these...

I don't understand either.. it was honestly very frustrating to get bursted twice in a row by stock V2 combos, maybe I need to soften my launch a bit more or use a burst attack combo like VKO, I haven't really tested it as I got S2 last minute for Knuckle to put together K2KO, btw I outspun one of my peer's D2GR with my K2KO so that's an indicator of how hard my launch is, is D2G/HR a good test target for VKO ?
(Jun. 10, 2017  3:06 PM)chips556 Wrote: -Snip-
I think that you're most likely one who would appreciate attack over defense. I recommend W2F/GX against D2 combos, although W2 on anything is a risky bet, it's pretty exciting to see who wins with all the double burst finishes going on. Meanwhile, I suggest you stick to D2 and K2 against more aggressive layers, but try adding Accel or Jaggy into the mix for an attack hybrid. These drivers can help you stall for longer and avoid massive hits early on since a worn Variable can be much faster than a Jaggy driver, thus overshooting the trajectory and will not touch your bey until late game (Centripetal force = mv^2/r, hence for the centripetal force to balance out, a larger radius is required to offset the effects of the high speeds provided by the Variable driver, therefore it will have a smaller chance of hitting the slower Jaggy bey), where your bey will have a lower chance of bursting.
(Jun. 10, 2017  4:34 PM)Bastillon Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2017  3:06 PM)chips556 Wrote: -Snip-
I think that you're most likely one who would appreciate attack over defense. I recommend W2F/GX against D2 combos, although W2 on anything is a risky bet, it's pretty exciting to see who wins with all the double burst finishes going on. Meanwhile, I suggest you stick to D2 and K2 against more aggressive layers, but try adding Accel or Jaggy into the mix for an attack hybrid. These drivers can help you stall for longer and avoid massive hits early on since a worn Variable can be much faster than a Jaggy driver, thus overshooting the trajectory and will not touch your bey until late game (Centripetal force = mv^2/r, hence for the centripetal force to balance out, a larger radius is required to offset the effects of the high speeds provided by the Variable driver, therefore it will have a smaller chance of hitting the slower Jaggy bey), where your bey will have a lower chance of bursting.
That was a very logical explanation, so you're saying Jaggy will make the bey go in a larger radius than Variable thus making Variable less likely to hit Jaggy, however from my experience, worn Variable drivers are rather stationary with a hard launch, is W2 really worth it? I don't have a lot of experience with it but from test results on the forums it is considered trash tier. 

How is force in beyblade actually measured ? Considering F = MA, mass is easily measured but what about acceleration, do we take into account spin velocity, as in its' RPM for more stationary combos, but how do we accurately measure the velocity in aggressive attack combos ?

Sorry if its a little confusing, I only started my physics lessons this year and we haven't touched on a lot of subjects including centripetal force.
(Jun. 10, 2017  5:10 PM)chips556 Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2017  4:34 PM)Bastillon Wrote: I think that you're most likely one who would appreciate attack over defense. I recommend W2F/GX against D2 combos, although W2 on anything is a risky bet, it's pretty exciting to see who wins with all the double burst finishes going on. Meanwhile, I suggest you stick to D2 and K2 against more aggressive layers, but try adding Accel or Jaggy into the mix for an attack hybrid. These drivers can help you stall for longer and avoid massive hits early on since a worn Variable can be much faster than a Jaggy driver, thus overshooting the trajectory and will not touch your bey until late game (Centripetal force = mv^2/r, hence for the centripetal force to balance out, a larger radius is required to offset the effects of the high speeds provided by the Variable driver, therefore it will have a smaller chance of hitting the slower Jaggy bey), where your bey will have a lower chance of bursting.
That was a very logical explanation, so you're saying Jaggy will make the bey go in a larger radius than Variable thus making Variable less likely to hit Jaggy, however from my experience, worn Variable drivers are rather stationary with a hard launch, is W2 really worth it? I don't have a lot of experience with it but from test results on the forums it is considered trash tier. 

How is force in beyblade actually measured ? Considering F = MA, mass is easily measured but what about acceleration, do we take into account spin velocity, as in its' RPM for more stationary combos, but how do we accurately measure the velocity in aggressive attack combos ?

Sorry if its a little confusing, I only started my physics lessons this year and we haven't touched on a lot of subjects including centripetal force.

When thinking about the physics of Beyblade you need to think of things from multiple different reference frames; the most important variables are mass m, moment of inertia I, velocity v, and angular velocity ω. Mass and velocity are obviously the total mass of the Beyblade and its movement relative to the Stadium, but moment of inertia and angular velocity are the rotational versions of mass and velocity.

Moment of inertia is a function of how heavy a part is and how far that mass is concentrated from the axis of rotation. It and angular velocity are the two components of angular momentum, which is going to be critical for determining how much Stamina and Attack a part might have. Increasing mass but keeping the weight distribution the same will increase moment of inertia, and a part with its mass spread further from the center will have higher moment of inertia than another part of the same mass. The 4D Metal Wheel Phantom is a very good example of this, as its lightweight plastic Core means that almost all its mass is in a wide metal ring far from the center. This gives it excellent Stamina thanks to its high angular momentum. Higher moment of inertia also means that a Beyblade loses less angular velocity with each hit, which is great for Attack types because it ensures they can get more high-power attacks in before losing speed.

Defense types don't care quite as much about moment of inertia, aside from getting a moderate amount of Stamina so they can actually outspin Attack types. Defense is more concerned with preventing itself from gaining traditional linear velocity - getting knocked out. In this case, adding more mass, regardless of how it's distributed relative to the axis of rotation, will help increase its inertia, helping it to resist being knocked around by Attack types. That's why Metal Faces are standard for Defense types but are rarely seen on Stamina - Defense wants to maximize its total mass while Stamina wants to keep its mass far from the center. In theory, a Metal Face would increase moment of inertia by a little bit, improving Stamina, but in practice it also increases frictional forces due to the extra weight which completely negates any advantage.

In Burst, moment of inertia is extremely important because it's what drives the Burst mechanism - when the Layer is hit by the opponent and slowed down, the Disk's angular momentum causes it to keep moving, advancing the Burst mechanism and bringing the Beyblade closer to Bursting. This adds a new decision for Bladers designing combos - adding wider, heavier Disks to improve Stamina and/or KO Defense will also make your Beyblade more likely to Burst. Attackers especially need some angular momentum to have strong attacks, but not so much that they Burst themselves in the process. Gravity is heavy and wide, making it great for KO Defense and Stamina, but it's also relatively easy to Burst, so Heavy sees a lot of use thanks to its high mass but slightly more centralized weight distribution. Spread and Knuckle are popular choices for improving Burst resistance while maintaining good Stamina, since they're lighter weight but distribute that weight further outwards. Armed has some of the highest Burst resistance, but its low mass and central weight distribution also hurt its Stamina and Defense potential, so it's an uncommon pick.
(Jun. 10, 2017  5:10 PM)Bastillon Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2017  4:34 PM)chips556 Wrote: That was a very logical explanation, so you're saying Jaggy will make the bey go in a larger radius than Variable thus making Variable less likely to hit Jaggy, however from my experience, worn Variable drivers are rather stationary with a hard launch, is W2 really worth it? I don't have a lot of experience with it but from test results on the forums it is considered trash tier. 

I mean a worn Variable will go in a larger radius than Jaggy. A worn Variable is essentially a rubber giga flat from MFB, so the friction it experiences would be much larger, hence the centripetal force required is much larger by default. As the centripetal force are mainly supplied by friction and the normal reaction, the force would eventually be limited and the bey will be thrown out of orbit until it is balanced out. If you watched the anime, you can see that Variable drivers can be completely worn and will be much faster as a result. That is not to say that the anime is a completely accurate indicator of real life parts, but they can still have some reference value at times.

I recommend W2FX against D2 combos because it offers a chance of double bursting (which resets the match) and can KO D2 combos. If you use something like X2, you do have a chance of bursting D2, but there's a far greater chance that you don't and just lose as a result. W2 solves this problem by having the ability to reset the match if you did anything wrong, like launching at a wrong angle. This effectively puts the pressure on your opponent since you're the one calling the shots. You can kill any hopes they have for a secure win as long as you manage to land big hits early on.

If you are interested the math, you can try measuring the intial rps (around the stadium). This will be the frequency of the trajectory. For the linear speed, v=2pi(radius)/period=2pi(radius)(frequency), so plug in the numbers and voilà. However, this is only a very rough estimate as the bey itself is also spinning and the work done against friction should also be taken into account, which are very annoying variables to consider.
(Jun. 10, 2017  11:55 PM)Bastillon Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2017  5:10 PM)Bastillon Wrote: shortened

Very interesting, do I have to consider any counters when using W2FX ? Any launch variations ? Personally I hate weakening my launch to make up for the opponent, and Cake mentioned that Armed has the most burst resistance, does it work well with K2 ?
(Jun. 11, 2017  3:29 AM)chips556 Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2017  11:55 PM)Bastillon Wrote:

Very interesting, do I have to consider any counters when using W2FX ? Any launch variations ? Personally I hate weakening my launch to make up for the opponent, and Cake mentioned that Armed has the most burst resistance, does it work well with K2 ?
You can try slide launching to land massive hits for W2FX. Not exactly sure about Armed though.

Back on topic, shouldn't dF be included in the list?
(Jun. 11, 2017  3:36 AM)Bastillon Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2017  3:29 AM)chips556 Wrote: Very interesting, do I have to consider any counters when using W2FX ? Any launch variations ? Personally I hate weakening my launch to make up for the opponent, and Cake mentioned that Armed has the most burst resistance, does it work well with K2 ?
You can try slide launching to land massive hits for W2FX. Not exactly sure about Armed though.

dF is on the list.
(Jun. 11, 2017  10:04 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2017  3:36 AM)Bastillon Wrote: You can try slide launching to land massive hits for W2FX. Not exactly sure about Armed though.

dF is on the list.
Just noticed it's on page 11 hah. But still, the OP need to be updated asap...
(Jun. 08, 2017  1:18 PM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote: @[BurstMaster] Here's the list

Attack:
KO Attack
Valkyrie Heavy/Knuckle/Gravity/Triple/Magnum/4Vortex Xtreme
Xcalibur Heavy/Gravity Xtreme
Victory Valkyrie Knuckle/Gravity/Magnum Xtreme
God Valkyrie Heavy/4Vortex Xtreme (any other Disks work well with this?)
Beast Behemoth Heavy/do other Disks work with this? Xtreme
Zillion Zeus Heavy/Knuckle Xtreme
Driger S Heavy/Gravity Xtreme
Lost Longinus Heavy/Spread/2Glaive/Gravity/Knuckle Xtreme

Valtyrek Knuckle/Heavy Variable
Valtyrek V2 Knuckle Variable (should this go under Mixed Attack?)

Burst Attack
Valkyrie Heavy/Knuckle/Armed Yielding/Orbit/Needle/Weight/Defense/Revolve
Inferno Ifrit Heavy/Knuckle Revolve/Needle (Have any other stationary versions been tested?)

Valtyrek Spread/Heavy/Knuckle/Armed Defense/Revolve
Roktavor Heavy/Gravity Defense/Revolve

Mixed Attack (KO/Burst Hybrid)
Valkyrie Force/Heavy/Knuckle/Spread/Triple/Magnum/4Vortex Accel/Zephyr
Victory Valkyrie Heavy/Knuckle/Spread Accel/Zephyr
God Valkyrie 8 Reboot
Inferno Ifrit Gravity/Knuckle Accel/Zephyr
Valkyrie Spread/Knuckle Trans

Valtyrek Knuckle/Heavy Accel/Zephyr
Roktavor Heavy Accel/Zephyr (Do any other Forge Disks work well with these two? What's the overall opinion of Hasbro Accel?
Lost Longinus Gravity/Spread Weight (needs more testing)

Defense:
KO Defense (should this even be listed? it's been used a total of like 3 times ever)
Wyvern Heavy/Gravity Defense/Unite
Neptune Heavy/Gravity Unite
Gigant Gaia Gravity/Heavy Unite/Bite
Kaiser Kerbeus Heavy/Knuckle Defense/Unite

Unicrest Gravity/Heavy Defense (is Unite any good for Hasbro?)

Baldur? I've heard like 2 people say it's good, what combo work? Was it just stock Baldur or?
God Disks are super heavy, are they useful for this?

Burst Defense
Neptune/Kaiser Kerbeus/Odin Knuckle/Down Orbit/Yielding/Atomic
Blaze Ragnaruk Knuckle/Down Orbit/Atomic (bR needs more testing, it seemed pretty hard to burst from what I saw but I did also see it get bursted by Neptune so who knows)

Mixed Defense (KO/Burst Hybrid)
Kaiser Kerbeus/Wyvern Heavy/Gravity Orbit/Atomic
Gigant Gaia Knuckle Yielding
Blaze Ragnaruk Heavy/Gravity/Yell Orbit/Atomic (again, more testing needed)

Unicrest Gravity/Heavy Revolve

Stamina:
Odin/Neptune/Acid Anubis/Wyvern/Blaze Ragnaruk Heavy/Gravity/Spread/Knuckle/Yell Defense/Revolve
Drain Fafnir Spread/8Glaive/Yell Revolve/Atomic
Drain Fafnir Polish Atomic/Yielding

Yegdrion/Kerbeus Gravity/Knuckle/Spread Defense/Survive/Revolve/Zephyr (How do the Hasbro versions stand up in a TT Meta?)

Balance:
Lost Longinus Spread/Yell/2Glaive Hold
Odin Heavy Blow

how about odin heavy/knuckle needle for balance?
(Jun. 11, 2017  4:18 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2017  1:18 PM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote: @[BurstMaster] Here's the list

Attack:
KO Attack
Valkyrie Heavy/Knuckle/Gravity/Triple/Magnum/4Vortex Xtreme
Xcalibur Heavy/Gravity Xtreme
Victory Valkyrie Knuckle/Gravity/Magnum Xtreme
God Valkyrie Heavy/4Vortex Xtreme (any other Disks work well with this?)
Beast Behemoth Heavy/do other Disks work with this? Xtreme
Zillion Zeus Heavy/Knuckle Xtreme
Driger S Heavy/Gravity Xtreme
Lost Longinus Heavy/Spread/2Glaive/Gravity/Knuckle Xtreme

Valtyrek Knuckle/Heavy Variable
Valtyrek V2 Knuckle Variable (should this go under Mixed Attack?)

Burst Attack
Valkyrie Heavy/Knuckle/Armed Yielding/Orbit/Needle/Weight/Defense/Revolve
Inferno Ifrit Heavy/Knuckle Revolve/Needle (Have any other stationary versions been tested?)

Valtyrek Spread/Heavy/Knuckle/Armed Defense/Revolve
Roktavor Heavy/Gravity Defense/Revolve

Mixed Attack (KO/Burst Hybrid)
Valkyrie Force/Heavy/Knuckle/Spread/Triple/Magnum/4Vortex Accel/Zephyr
Victory Valkyrie Heavy/Knuckle/Spread Accel/Zephyr
God Valkyrie 8 Reboot
Inferno Ifrit Gravity/Knuckle Accel/Zephyr
Valkyrie Spread/Knuckle Trans

Valtyrek Knuckle/Heavy Accel/Zephyr
Roktavor Heavy Accel/Zephyr (Do any other Forge Disks work well with these two? What's the overall opinion of Hasbro Accel?
Lost Longinus Gravity/Spread Weight (needs more testing)

Defense:
KO Defense (should this even be listed? it's been used a total of like 3 times ever)
Wyvern Heavy/Gravity Defense/Unite
Neptune Heavy/Gravity Unite
Gigant Gaia Gravity/Heavy Unite/Bite
Kaiser Kerbeus Heavy/Knuckle Defense/Unite

Unicrest Gravity/Heavy Defense (is Unite any good for Hasbro?)

Baldur? I've heard like 2 people say it's good, what combo work? Was it just stock Baldur or?
God Disks are super heavy, are they useful for this?

Burst Defense
Neptune/Kaiser Kerbeus/Odin Knuckle/Down Orbit/Yielding/Atomic
Blaze Ragnaruk Knuckle/Down Orbit/Atomic (bR needs more testing, it seemed pretty hard to burst from what I saw but I did also see it get bursted by Neptune so who knows)

Mixed Defense (KO/Burst Hybrid)
Kaiser Kerbeus/Wyvern Heavy/Gravity Orbit/Atomic
Gigant Gaia Knuckle Yielding
Blaze Ragnaruk Heavy/Gravity/Yell Orbit/Atomic (again, more testing needed)

Unicrest Gravity/Heavy Revolve

Stamina:
Odin/Neptune/Acid Anubis/Wyvern/Blaze Ragnaruk Heavy/Gravity/Spread/Knuckle/Yell Defense/Revolve
Drain Fafnir Spread/8Glaive/Yell Revolve/Atomic
Drain Fafnir Polish Atomic/Yielding

Yegdrion/Kerbeus Gravity/Knuckle/Spread Defense/Survive/Revolve/Zephyr (How do the Hasbro versions stand up in a TT Meta?)

Balance:
Lost Longinus Spread/Yell/2Glaive Hold
Odin Heavy Blow

how about odin heavy/knuckle needle for balance?

Needle's only use at is in VHN for bursting Deathscyther combos. Odin is prone to bursting so you wouldn't want it in an aggressive combo.
(Jun. 11, 2017  4:42 PM)Ultra Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2017  4:18 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: how about odin heavy/knuckle needle for balance?

Needle's only use at is in VHN for bursting Deathscyther combos. Odin is prone to bursting so you wouldn't want it in an aggressive combo.

oh ok  i thought it would be good on needle.What about B2 on needle?
(Jun. 11, 2017  6:05 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2017  4:42 PM)Ultra Wrote: Needle's only use at is in VHN for bursting Deathscyther combos. Odin is prone to bursting so you wouldn't want it in an aggressive combo.

oh ok  i thought it would be good on needle.What about B2 on needle?

Basically Needle is outclassed by Orbit and Atomic now, in most situations.
(Jun. 11, 2017  6:23 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2017  6:05 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: oh ok  i thought it would be good on needle.What about B2 on needle?

Basically Needle is outclassed by Orbit and Atomic now, in most situations.

does needle has better stamina than orbit?
(Jun. 11, 2017  7:20 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2017  6:23 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: Basically Needle is outclassed by Orbit and Atomic now, in most situations.

does needle has better stamina than orbit?

I can't comment on Solo Spin (which I belive Needle is better in), Orbit is better in 2 beys battle for sure. Orbit is kimda like CS of Burst, performance wise (except it can's get that Lightning fast stall) while Needle is MB (whilw Defence is MB. More stamina but less stable and bit easier ko. Better in some area but CS just has "that".)
(Jun. 11, 2017  8:01 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2017  7:20 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: does needle has better stamina than orbit?

I can't  comment on Solo Spin (which I belive Needle is better in), Orbit is better in 2 beys battle for sure. Orbit is kimda like CS of Burst, performance wise (except  it can's get that Lightning fast stall) while Needle is MB (whilw Defence is MB. More stamina but less stable and bit easier ko. Better in some area but CS just has "that".)

oh ok but i dont get one thing i heard defense is pretty stable and u are saying that its like MB which has bad balance.Also i think in the sense orbit is like cs i guess atmoic is more like CS cuz it can tornado stall pretty fast i dunno about its solo spin or its stamina in battle tho it is pretty good at spin equalizing due to its LAD
(Jun. 07, 2017  10:38 PM)mj9 Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2017  10:21 PM)amidamaru Wrote: is there a list with dual layers and newer drivers?

https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Beyblad...ted-6-6-17

I meant combos
(Jun. 12, 2017  11:55 PM)amidamaru Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2017  10:38 PM)mj9 Wrote: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Beyblad...ted-6-6-17

I meant combos

Look on page 10
(Jun. 11, 2017  3:36 AM)Bastillon Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2017  3:29 AM)chips556 Wrote: Very interesting, do I have to consider any counters when using W2FX ? Any launch variations ? Personally I hate weakening my launch to make up for the opponent, and Cake mentioned that Armed has the most burst resistance, does it work well with K2 ?

I really would not recommend using Wild Wyvern in any situation whatsoever... its teeth are just too small to keep it from bursting or allow it to burst anything else. I was able to defeat a stock W2 3-0 using Neptune Knuckle Revolve exclusively through bursting it, and Vertical Orbit is even a relatively burst-resistant setup (though Vertical's stamina is admittedly terrible).

(Jun. 11, 2017  11:09 AM)Bastillon Wrote: Just noticed it's on page 11 hah. But still, the OP need to be updated asap...

I've been holding off on updating the OP until I get some more input or community approval on some of the combos in italics. This goes especially for the Attack combos, since so many people only find a few of them to be effective.

Again, like I mentioned when I proposed the updated list, I don't even know how many of these combos can even be considered competitive or top-tier just because Drain Fafnir makes so many of them unviable.

(Jun. 11, 2017  4:42 PM)Ultra Wrote: Needle's only use at is in VHN for bursting Deathscyther combos. Odin is prone to bursting so you wouldn't want it in an aggressive combo.

Actually, the main reason you wouldn't want Odin in an aggressive combo is because it's just not a very aggressively designed Layer. I also wouldn't say it's prone to bursting - sure, some Layers released after it like Gigant Gaia, Blaze Ragnaruk, and arguably Neptune are more difficult to burst, but that doesn't change the fact that Odin still has a powerful combination of Stamina and Burst Defense (though I wouldn't be surprised if it bursted a lot more frequently on an aggressive setup).

Before it was banned, Odin had Stamina comparable to Deathscyther, and if I recall correctly, Odin was banned before balancing combos became popular on the WBO. So while people focused on optimizing their Deathscyther/Wyvern/Neptune/D2 combos, Odin was left out of this, and that's probably why it didn't seem as powerful when it was reintroduced. If normal Deathscyther = normal Odin, then it follows that a well balanced Deathscyther = a well balanced Odin (though personally I found that Deathscyther would outspin Odin in the event that Odin did not burst Deathscyther, but some people experienced the opposite). Not quite sure where A2 stands compared to either of the two just yet, FWIW between my OHD and A2SR it comes down to which was launched first.
(Jun. 13, 2017  5:41 AM)Wombat Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2017  3:36 AM)Bastillon Wrote: You can try slide launching to land massive hits for W2FX. Not exactly sure about Armed though.

I really would not recommend using Wild Wyvern in any situation whatsoever... its teeth are just too small to keep it from bursting or allow it to burst anything else. I was able to defeat a stock W2 3-0 using Neptune Knuckle Revolve exclusively through bursting it, and Vertical Orbit is even a relatively burst-resistant setup (though Vertical's stamina is admittedly terrible).

(Jun. 11, 2017  11:09 AM)Bastillon Wrote: Just noticed it's on page 11 hah. But still, the OP need to be updated asap...

I've been holding off on updating the OP until I get some more input or community approval on some of the combos in italics. This goes especially for the Attack combos, since so many people only find a few of them to be effective.

Again, like I mentioned when I proposed the updated list, I don't even know how many of these combos can even be considered competitive or top-tier just because Drain Fafnir makes so many of them unviable.

Actually, the main reason you wouldn't want Odin in an aggressive combo is because it's just not a very aggressively designed Layer. I also wouldn't say it's prone to bursting - sure, some Layers released after it like Gigant Gaia, Blaze Ragnaruk, and arguably Neptune are more difficult to burst, but that doesn't change the fact that Odin still has a powerful combination of Stamina and Burst Defense (though I wouldn't be surprised if it bursted a lot more frequently on an aggressive setup).

Before it was banned, Odin had Stamina comparable to Deathscyther, and if I recall correctly, Odin was banned before balancing combos became popular on the WBO. So while people focused on optimizing their Deathscyther/Wyvern/Neptune/D2 combos, Odin was left out of this, and that's probably why it didn't seem as powerful when it was reintroduced. If normal Deathscyther = normal Odin, then it follows that a well balanced Deathscyther = a well balanced Odin (though personally I found that Deathscyther would outspin Odin in the event that Odin did not burst Deathscyther, but some people experienced the opposite). Not quite sure where A2 stands compared to either of the two just yet, FWIW between my OHD and A2SR it comes down to which was launched first.

I don't know man i've always found there is a larger danger of using Odin against aggressive combos than other stamina layers. But yes I imagine Odin wouldn't be able to make the opponent burst on needle. Yeah I was surprised to find the opinion on Odin had changed from equal/better than Deathscyther to worst than Deathscyther.