Beyblade Burst Competitive Combos List & Public Discussion [TENTATIVE]

For mixed defense I used a combo I just slapped together tbh didn't think it'd be good it's obelisk odin knuckle yielding it burst my dark deathscyther heavy orbit several times
I have some doubt about Hasbro Combination. I still have them but never work in TT competition so I'm not sure they have a place to this list. its my opinion.
(May. 30, 2017  2:58 PM)amidamaru Wrote: For mixed defense I used a combo I just slapped together tbh didn't think it'd be good it's obelisk odin knuckle yielding it burst my dark deathscyther heavy orbit several times

But as being a "Defence" it should beat attack types too. How much was your D2 was used?

@[Wombat] why killing all mobile defence and stamina combos beyhaha? I have alot to say about it but at the movement I won't able to. I will surely help as much as possible in sometime Smile
VHY looks like an interesting combo, in what situations does it do well and what are its' weaknesses ?
(May. 30, 2017  11:36 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: @[Wombat] why killing all mobile defence and stamina combos beyhaha? I have alot to say about it but at the movement I won't able to. I will surely help as much as possible in sometime :)

Well, with Deathscyther banned and Chaos being too risky to use (Cake actually attempted to use Chaos Spread Zephyr during the Team Event, but was late game bursted to lose 2-3 by Blaze Ragnaruk Knuckle/Gravity Atomic), there are hardly any viable Stall Layers (No one likes Unicorn and many people now think Odin is outclassed, though Acid Anubis is probably worth testing at least.)

Mobile Defense was only arguably viable during the era of same-speed Accel, and it was still able to be beaten handily by Attack given that the Attack user could predict the correct way to launch their combo. Semi-mobile Drivers like Orbit, Atomic, Weight, and Blow do the job better as they are more adaptable to the opponent changing their launch technique and more difficult to hit reliably with both the Sliding Shoot or a Tornado Stall. The only reason L2 Hold works well for Mobile Defense is because it's Left Spin and has a super heavy Layer, meaning that it's unlikely to burst and really difficult to KO due to having the weight advantage.

(May. 31, 2017  4:59 AM)chips556 Wrote: VHY looks like an interesting combo, in what situations does it do well and what are its' weaknesses ?

It does well against some of the easier-to-burst stationary combos, such as Acid Anubis Revolve and the Unite/Bite combos, though it's not unheard of to have success against slightly more defensive things like Wyvern Revolve as well. Its weaknesses are Burst Defense, which uses burst-resistant parts to outlast it, KO Attack, which is able to exploit its low-friction Driver and high-recoil Layer, and Left Spin, which reduces VHY's chance of bursting the opponent due to the way the Burst mechanism works.
(May. 30, 2017  11:36 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:
(May. 30, 2017  2:58 PM)amidamaru Wrote: For mixed defense I used a combo I just slapped together tbh didn't think it'd be good it's obelisk odin knuckle yielding it burst my dark deathscyther heavy orbit several times

But as being a "Defence" it should beat attack types too. How much was your D2 was used?

@[Wombat] why killing all mobile defence and stamina combos beyhaha? I have alot to say about it but at the movement I won't able to. I will surely help as much as possible in sometime Smile

I havent had it too long tbh
(May. 31, 2017  6:37 AM)Wombat Wrote: many people now think Odin is outclassed
What? The stance used to be that it had equal or better stamina than Deathscyther? I mean at the least it beats neptune consistently.
(Jun. 04, 2017  3:04 PM)Ultra Wrote:
(May. 31, 2017  6:37 AM)Wombat Wrote: many people now think Odin is outclassed
What? The stance used to be that it had equal or better stamina than Deathscyther? I mean at the least it beats neptune consistently.

That is sort of debatable. Ever since we unbanned it and that not much had changed besides just Dark Deathscyther dominating since its release, for some reason it just performs worse than it did before... Mine bursts way more easily than it did when I won a whole tournament with it. So it might be a common wear issue, but somehow the Odin we have now is not the overpowered Odin we had previously.
(Jun. 04, 2017  4:53 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jun. 04, 2017  3:04 PM)Ultra Wrote: What? The stance used to be that it had equal or better stamina than Deathscyther? I mean at the least it beats neptune consistently.

That is sort of debatable. Ever since we unbanned it and that not much had changed besides just Dark Deathscyther dominating since its release, for some reason it just performs worse than it did before... Mine bursts way more easily than it did when I won a whole tournament with it. So it might be a common wear issue, but somehow the Odin we have now is not the overpowered Odin we had previously.

Maybe that mold change that TT did recently when rereleaing it has to do something with it?

I seen many odins in tournament photage are white so there are chances many got those "intentional mold defence" onea
Personally I think it's just a mind game, when me and pyrus test OHD we still get the same results as before especially with attack types, I don't know what it is but pyrus' launch with OHD is like the perfect speed making it burst resistant and causing others to burst.

Idk what the reason is for other communities out there but for Toronto Deathscyther outclassed Odin in stamina as soon as I introduced perfect balance to the squad, though I knew of it back in October 2015 (first told Brad, he thought it was nonsense lol) no one really believed me, I think people finally started to follow my idea around February 2016 (this is where Kei decided to question my markings on my beys), not sure of that though. (Just want to add that a perfect balance wyvern also has enough stamina to beat Odin, even if Odin is also perfectly balanced)

For anyone that's confused about my perfect balance thing, no need to worry because I will be revealing my strategy in a YouTube series for competitive beyblade that I have planned (hopefully I'll have that one up in 3 weeks since I plan for that to be the last video of the series since it's the most complex strategy in burst imo).
(Jun. 04, 2017  8:54 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:
(Jun. 04, 2017  4:53 PM)Kai-V Wrote: That is sort of debatable. Ever since we unbanned it and that not much had changed besides just Dark Deathscyther dominating since its release, for some reason it just performs worse than it did before... Mine bursts way more easily than it did when I won a whole tournament with it. So it might be a common wear issue, but somehow the Odin we have now is not the overpowered Odin we had previously.

Maybe that mold change that TT did recently when rereleaing it has to do something with it?

I seen many odins in tournament photage are white so there are chances many got those "intentional mold defence" onea

Actually I am quite sure that we are still using our old Odin from before the mold change.
(Jun. 05, 2017  11:15 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: Personally I think it's just a mind game, when me and pyrus test OHD we still get the same results as before especially with attack types, I don't know what it is but pyrus' launch with OHD is like the perfect speed making it burst resistant and causing others to burst.

Idk what the reason is for other communities out there but for Toronto Deathscyther outclassed Odin in stamina as soon as I introduced perfect balance to the squad, though I knew of it back in October 2015 (first told Brad, he thought it was nonsense lol) no one really believed me, I think people finally started to follow my idea around February 2016 (this is where Kei decided to question my markings on my beys), not sure of that though. (Just want to add that a perfect balance wyvern also has enough stamina to beat Odin, even if Odin is also perfectly balanced)

For anyone that's confused about my perfect balance thing, no need to worry because I will be revealing my strategy in a YouTube series for competitive beyblade that I have planned (hopefully I'll have that one up in 3 weeks since I plan for that to be the last video of the series since it's the most complex strategy in burst imo).

I've been trying to tell people about this for years... The easiest way to test for imbalance in your bey is by spinning it in your palm; you can feel how imbalanced it is by how strongly it vibrates. I've been able to OS Bearing Drive combos at tournaments with Gravity Perseus BD145RDF because my combo was perfectly balanced, while theirs were not. I forget who else I told about this some years ago, but he didn't believe me either, lol.

As far as Odin goes for Defense, I say scrap it. The game has just evolved way too much for it to be a serious alternative for Defense to kS or bR. It's still a major Stamina powerhouse, but I wouldn't use it unless I expected to go against another unaggressive combo.

I've got a lot more thoughts about this list, but I'd rather do some formal tests before making anymore claims about parts and combos' performances based on my informal pre-tournament testing sessions and tournament experience.
The problem with testing it on your palm is that at high RPM that balance might differ, I prefer to test my balance by launching full power and if the combo barely moves in the stadium then it's balanced. Balance isint really an issue in MFB (only time balance was an issue was with symchromes, certain positioning of the bottom chrome wheel made it better or worse aka twisting it to the left or right, I know twisting Dragooon to the right on Killerken Dragooon makes it a lot better) my mold one gravity beat B: D on killerken dragoon (or it was wyvang wyvang bd145rdf, I can't remember) (this was a matchup with sponge and LMAO, LMAO lost cuz he was using B: D (though I'm pretty sure it was the wyvang combo, a little less impressive since Wyvang is just too heavy and not wide enough to have the same LAD as Mold 1 Gravity) and I never took time to balance it, RDF just has amazing spin equalizing properties)
How viable is Orbit > Yielding in a burst defense combo such as K2KO/Y ? What advantages do orbit offer that make it top tier ? Is W a good replacement over K2 in a burst defense combo ?
(Jun. 06, 2017  3:48 PM)chips556 Wrote: How viable is Orbit > Yielding in a burst defense combo such as K2KO/Y ? What advantages do orbit offer that make it top tier ? Is W a good replacement over K2 in a burst defense combo ?
I'd say there pretty equal for the most part. K2 is better against dF however
(Jun. 06, 2017  3:48 PM)chips556 Wrote: How viable is Orbit > Yielding in a burst defense combo such as K2KO/Y ? What advantages do orbit offer that make it top tier ? Is W a good replacement over K2 in a burst defense combo ?

Actually burst risistance of Orbit isn't as good as Yeilding.

But I would​ say it's great for resisting burst in both case. But I prefer Orbit due to its overall versility
is there a list with dual layers and newer drivers?
(Jun. 07, 2017  10:21 PM)amidamaru Wrote: is there a list with dual layers and newer drivers?

https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Beyblad...ted-6-6-17
(Oct. 17, 2015  7:14 PM)Wombat Wrote:
Beyblade Burst Competitive Combos List

Attack
  • Valkyrie Heavy/Force Xtreme/Accel/ɑssault
  • Xcalibur/ɑmaterios Heavy Xtreme

Defense

Stationary Defense
  • Wyvern Heavy/Armed Needle/Claw
  • Neptune Heavy/Armed Defense/Needle/Claw
Mobile Defense
  • Wyvern Heavy/Spread Accel/Zephyr/Blow/ɑssault

Stamina

Stationary Stamina
  • Deathscyther Heavy/Ring/Spread Defense/Survive
Mobile Stamina
  • Deathscyther Heavy/Spread/Ring Accel/Blow/Zephyr

Balance

Burst Attack/Stamina Hybrids
  • Valkyrie Heavy/Spread Claw/Survive
When will this thread get updated
(Jun. 08, 2017  3:19 AM)BurstMaster Wrote:
(Oct. 17, 2015  7:14 PM)Wombat Wrote:
Beyblade Burst Competitive Combos List

Attack
  • Valkyrie Heavy/Force Xtreme/Accel/ɑssault
  • Xcalibur/ɑmaterios Heavy Xtreme

Defense

Stationary Defense
  • Wyvern Heavy/Armed Needle/Claw
  • Neptune Heavy/Armed Defense/Needle/Claw
Mobile Defense
  • Wyvern Heavy/Spread Accel/Zephyr/Blow/ɑssault

Stamina

Stationary Stamina
  • Deathscyther Heavy/Ring/Spread Defense/Survive
Mobile Stamina
  • Deathscyther Heavy/Spread/Ring Accel/Blow/Zephyr

Balance

Burst Attack/Stamina Hybrids
  • Valkyrie Heavy/Spread Claw/Survive
When will this thread get updated
It's on Page 10 by Wombat, I have no idea how to quote it to you soz
@[BurstMaster] Here's the list

Attack:
KO Attack
Valkyrie Heavy/Knuckle/Gravity/Triple/Magnum/4Vortex Xtreme
Xcalibur Heavy/Gravity Xtreme
Victory Valkyrie Knuckle/Gravity/Magnum Xtreme
God Valkyrie Heavy/4Vortex Xtreme (any other Disks work well with this?)
Beast Behemoth Heavy/do other Disks work with this? Xtreme
Zillion Zeus Heavy/Knuckle Xtreme
Driger S Heavy/Gravity Xtreme
Lost Longinus Heavy/Spread/2Glaive/Gravity/Knuckle Xtreme

Valtyrek Knuckle/Heavy Variable
Valtyrek V2 Knuckle Variable (should this go under Mixed Attack?)

Burst Attack
Valkyrie Heavy/Knuckle/Armed Yielding/Orbit/Needle/Weight/Defense/Revolve
Inferno Ifrit Heavy/Knuckle Revolve/Needle (Have any other stationary versions been tested?)

Valtyrek Spread/Heavy/Knuckle/Armed Defense/Revolve
Roktavor Heavy/Gravity Defense/Revolve

Mixed Attack (KO/Burst Hybrid)
Valkyrie Force/Heavy/Knuckle/Spread/Triple/Magnum/4Vortex Accel/Zephyr
Victory Valkyrie Heavy/Knuckle/Spread Accel/Zephyr
God Valkyrie 8 Reboot
Inferno Ifrit Gravity/Knuckle Accel/Zephyr
Valkyrie Spread/Knuckle Trans

Valtyrek Knuckle/Heavy Accel/Zephyr
Roktavor Heavy Accel/Zephyr (Do any other Forge Disks work well with these two? What's the overall opinion of Hasbro Accel?
Lost Longinus Gravity/Spread Weight (needs more testing)

Defense:
KO Defense (should this even be listed? it's been used a total of like 3 times ever)
Wyvern Heavy/Gravity Defense/Unite
Neptune Heavy/Gravity Unite
Gigant Gaia Gravity/Heavy Unite/Bite
Kaiser Kerbeus Heavy/Knuckle Defense/Unite

Unicrest Gravity/Heavy Defense (is Unite any good for Hasbro?)

Baldur? I've heard like 2 people say it's good, what combo work? Was it just stock Baldur or?
God Disks are super heavy, are they useful for this?

Burst Defense
Neptune/Kaiser Kerbeus/Odin Knuckle/Down Orbit/Yielding/Atomic
Blaze Ragnaruk Knuckle/Down Orbit/Atomic (bR needs more testing, it seemed pretty hard to burst from what I saw but I did also see it get bursted by Neptune so who knows)

Mixed Defense (KO/Burst Hybrid)
Kaiser Kerbeus/Wyvern Heavy/Gravity Orbit/Atomic
Gigant Gaia Knuckle Yielding
Blaze Ragnaruk Heavy/Gravity/Yell Orbit/Atomic (again, more testing needed)

Unicrest Gravity/Heavy Revolve

Stamina:
Odin/Neptune/Acid Anubis/Wyvern/Blaze Ragnaruk Heavy/Gravity/Spread/Knuckle/Yell Defense/Revolve
Drain Fafnir Spread/8Glaive/Yell Revolve/Atomic
Drain Fafnir Polish Atomic/Yielding

Yegdrion/Kerbeus Gravity/Knuckle/Spread Defense/Survive/Revolve/Zephyr (How do the Hasbro versions stand up in a TT Meta?)

Balance:
Lost Longinus Spread/Yell/2Glaive Hold
Odin Heavy Blow
Could someone test Zillion Zeus Spread Revolve
(Jun. 08, 2017  6:50 PM)Tommykats Wrote: Could someone test Zillion Zeus Spread Revolve

Zillion Zeus is not so good as a stationary layer. It is much better on Xtreme, and even then, it is a niche combo.
(Jun. 08, 2017  1:18 PM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote: @[BurstMaster] Here's the list

Attack:
KO Attack

Burst Attack
Inferno Ifrit Heavy/Knuckle Revolve/Needle (Have any other stationary versions been tested?)

God Valkyrie 8 Reboot

Roktavor Heavy Accel/Zephyr (Do any other Forge Disks work well with these two? What's the overall opinion of Hasbro Accel?

Defense:
KO Defense (should this even be listed? it's been used a total of like 3 times ever)

Baldur? I've heard like 2 people say it's good, what combo work? Was it just stock Baldur or?

Burst Defense
Blaze Ragnaruk Knuckle/Down Orbit/Atomic (bR needs more testing, it seemed pretty hard to burst from what I saw but I did also see it get bursted by Neptune so who knows)

Stamina:
Odin/Neptune/Acid Anubis/Wyvern/Blaze Ragnaruk Heavy/Gravity/Spread/Knuckle/Yell Defense/Revolve

Yegdrion/Kerbeus Gravity/Knuckle/Spread Defense/Survive/Revolve/Zephyr (How do the Hasbro versions stand up in a TT Meta?)

Balance:
Odin Heavy Blow

B2 is good for attack i doubt it?i heard B2 is good for defense. G2 is not good for defense.Add unicrest in hasbro stamina combos also make seperat sections for hasbro stationary and mobile combos.hasbro unite works same as tt one( i guess still needs someone who owns it to confirm).No hasbro R2 in the list?L2 S W wont be good i guess because L2 will wobble alot on weight and weight has blance problems and scraping isssues even if it has potential i would count it as an anti attack.Also why are there only a few combos that use god layer disks?I2 is good on accel for burst attack ( this is confirmed).Driger S is also good for anti attack on defense i dont know if its good for attack.
(Jun. 09, 2017  1:05 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2017  1:18 PM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote: @[BurstMaster] Here's the list

Attack:
KO Attack

Burst Attack

God Valkyrie 8 Reboot

Defense:

Burst Defense

Stamina:

Balance:
Odin Heavy Blow

B2 is good for attack i doubt it?i heard B2 is good for defense. G2 is not good for defense.Add unicrest in hasbro stamina combos also make seperat sections for hasbro stationary and mobile combos.hasbro unite works same as tt one( i guess still needs someone who owns it to confirm).No hasbro R2 in the list?L2 S W wont be good i guess because L2 will wobble alot on weight and weight has blance problems and scraping isssues even if it has potential i would count it as an anti attack.Also why are there only a few combos that use god layer disks?I2 is good on accel for burst attack ( this is confirmed).Driger S is also good for anti attack on defense i dont know if its good for attack.

G2 is decent at Defense. Hasbro R2 isn't good at all. I've used L2 on weight and found it to be pretty good.