Beyblade Burst Competitive Combos List & Public Discussion [TENTATIVE]

Spriggan as good smash force and make many KOs but not nescessarily in Burst Finished. I think Attack could be divided in Burst Attack and Over Attack or something like that.
This summaries Spriggan's situation quite well : https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Layer-Spriggan

Look forward to being able to read descriptions like that on the Beyblade Wiki very soon.
(Feb. 07, 2016  3:29 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Spriggan has never been top-tier IMO. Sorry @[Kei].

My opinion of Spriggan was always informed by the extensive testing I did at the beginning of the series. Mostly the tests against Kerbeus Heavy Defense. Can't say if the results would be any different now since we have a better BeyLauncher, longer winder, and more experience with the series, but that's how it played out for me back then. In any case, it was a long time ago and I can definitely agree that now it's not top-tier.
(Feb. 07, 2016  4:08 AM)loyd87 Wrote: Spriggan as good smash force and make many KOs but not nescessarily in Burst Finished. I think Attack could be divided in Burst Attack and Over Attack or something like that.

This was my opinion of Spriggan as well, and something that I definitely realized while doing the tests for my Disks and Burst Defense thread. I always believed that Spriggan was more of a KO Attack Layer and Valkyrie was more of a Burst Attack Layer. It is also my belief that the only reason Spriggan is outclassed now is because its Teeth are not as strong as Valkyrie or Xcalibur, and it cannot handle the massive rotational recoil caused by using Xtreme, while Valkyrie and Xcalibur can due to requiring more force to skip a tooth.

EDIT: To clarify - yes I think Spriggan is outclassed in KO Attack by Xcalibur and should not be considered Top Tier.
So you think that before Xtreme came along, Spriggan was on the same level as Valkyrie on Accel ?
(Feb. 08, 2016  4:44 AM)Kai-V Wrote: So you think that before Xtreme came along, Spriggan was on the same level as Valkyrie on Accel ?

That's a tough question to be honest. If we can agree that Spriggan is better than Valkyrie at KO Attack and Valkyrie is better at Burst Attack than Spriggan, I would put the Layers on the same level at what they do during the Accel period. However, Xtreme is a far better Driver for KO Attack than Accel is (just as RF is much better at KOing things than F in MFB). Spriggan's problem is that there is a disconnect between it's Teeth, it's strengths, and the Driver that best draws out these strengths. If Spriggan had the Teeth of Xcalibur/Valkyrie I think it would be equal to if not better than them on Xtreme. Because Spriggan Bursts itself too easily on Xtreme Xcalibur is a better option for KO Attack*. Spriggan can't perform KO Attack on Accel as well as Valkyrie can perform Burst Attack on Accel, but that is the Driver's doing rather than the Layer's.

I had a lot of trouble wording this response correctly for some reason so like each sentence is like an independent thought. Sorry if it reads weird because of that.

Kinda Unrelated (Click to View)
its pretty interesting! I don't know if the theory of disk/burst defense may apply to attack too if Spriggan is to burstable on Xtreme may be if we used Armed who is known to be the less burstable Disk, may be Spriggan Armed Xtreme could be a viable Ko Attackers... its a speculation but it could be interesting to test it.
I think Wyvern Heavy/Force Xtreme should be added to mobile defense.
(Feb. 28, 2016  10:19 PM)Zera Wrote: I think Wyvern Heavy/Force Xtreme should be added to mobile defense.

Why do you say so? We already have a Wyvern mobile defense on there, and Xtreme isn't good for mobile defense, since attack can actually outspin it.
In my opinion there should be seperate categorys for Regular Attack and Burst Attack and also for Regular Defense and Burst Defense.
No offense but Valkyrie Heavy Needle just got mentioned here, why is it already in the list on the first page? Nothing seems to have proven that it works that well so far. It did not even place in any of the tournaments since January. That is one of the reasons why we prefered to have a Committee Member manage the first post and the top-tier list as a whole: you really cannot be that hasty. I would really suggest that updates to the tier list get slowed down a lot.
I guess it's testing time! I might as well do the Needle tests, seeing that I used it a bit last tournament.

With regard to managing the list, I agree it should only be updated after rigorous testing and good results from tournaments. Kai-V is right, we should probably have Committee Members managing all tier lists to ensure nothing gets changed without hard proof.
I agree too! just a few diferent bladers have done some testing with it but we need more test to validate. Like my Ragnaruk on blow, one day great results the other day its just carp, some have great results and some have bad experience.

I add this too, we need some Tournament results too, else how to say if its top tier for competition if never used in tournaments...
(Feb. 28, 2016  10:28 PM)Kai-V Wrote: No offense but Valkyrie Heavy Needle just got mentioned here, why is it already in the list on the first page? Nothing seems to have proven that it works that well so far. It did not even place in any of the tournaments since January. That is one of the reasons why we prefered to have a Committee Member manage the first post and the top-tier list as a whole: you really cannot be that hasty. I would really suggest that updates to the tier list get slowed down a lot.

Sorry about that Kai-V. The reason Valkyrie Heavy Needle was on the first page list was because it was on the list that 1234beyblade (who seems to be nearly a Committee Member himself) posted earlier. It must have been in the Skype group and not on the WBO, but I do recall him saying he got good results against some things (probably stuff like Deathscyther Heavy Defense/Spread Survive or maybe Needle/Blow Defense combos) using it. I've gone and removed the combo from the list, at least until more testing shows that it is qualified to be listed as Top Tier. I'll make sure to wait until the community comes to more of a consensus before certain combos or parts are changed.

(Feb. 28, 2016  10:24 PM)Myth Wrote:
(Feb. 28, 2016  10:19 PM)Zera Wrote: I think Wyvern Heavy/Force Xtreme should be added to mobile defense.

Why do you say so? We already have a Wyvern mobile defense on there, and Xtreme isn't good for mobile defense, since attack can actually outspin it.

Attack can only outspin Wyvern ____ Xtreme if the Attack type is not using Xtreme. Wyvern ____ Accel outspun Valkyrie ____ Accel nearly all the time, so it should be the same case with Xtreme. This matchup would require two people to test but I would be willing to bet that Wyvern Spread Xtreme beats Valkyrie Heavy/Force Xtreme consistently. I would also use WSX over WFX or WHX because Spread's lighter weight and more outward weight distribution will make it faster than Heavy or Force and allow it to avoid attacks more easily. Spread and Ring also have a smoother perimeter than Heavy which gives them more LAD at the end of the battle. From my observations of Deathscyther ____ Accel I've also noticed that Spread seems to stay upright a little longer than Ring as well.
(Feb. 29, 2016  8:22 AM)Wombat Wrote:
(Feb. 28, 2016  10:24 PM)Myth Wrote:

Attack can only outspin Wyvern ____ Xtreme if the Attack type is not using Xtreme. Wyvern ____ Accel outspun Valkyrie ____ Accel nearly all the time, so it should be the same case with Xtreme. This matchup would require two people to test but I would be willing to bet that Wyvern Spread Xtreme beats Valkyrie Heavy/Force Xtreme consistently.

Yes, but if your opponent isn't using an Xtreme-based attack combo, WSX is basically useless. Also things like WSZ/A are way more reliable, since they have way more stamina. That's basically the point I was trying to make in my other post.
(Feb. 29, 2016  8:22 AM)Wombat Wrote: Sorry about that Kai-V. The reason Valkyrie Heavy Needle was on the first page list was because it was on the list that 1234beyblade (who seems to be nearly a Committee Member himself) posted earlier. It must have been in the Skype group and not on the WBO, but I do recall him saying he got good results against some things (probably stuff like Deathscyther Heavy Defense/Spread Survive or maybe Needle/Blow Defense combos) using it. I've gone and removed the combo from the list, at least until more testing shows that it is qualified to be listed as Top Tier. I'll make sure to wait until the community comes to more of a consensus before certain combos or parts are changed.

Thank you for doing that.

People really need to stop posting Beyblade-related information like that in private groups, it is downright selfish to do so: it goes against everything this community has ever stood for, making all information public and making sure all of our knowledge is backed up by evidence that can be accessed at any moment.

And while I like 1234beyblade, I respect him and I do not want to say that he is not a candidate for the Committee one day, he is not even a moderator yet, so I have no idea why you would think he is almost a Committee Member...?
He's help was really apreciated and its one of the most experienced Bladers but at now is still a member like others on this site. He has some good testing but we can't afford to base all conclusion on his test or few tests.
I'll do WSZ and WSX against a XHX. How do I need to launch all of them?
(Feb. 29, 2016  9:33 PM)jonahblader13 Wrote: I'll do WSZ and WSX against a XHX. How do I need to launch all of them?

i think with zephyr, you have to bank it while lauch [or launch in patten it will dodge attacker] an and with Xtreme [correct me if i'm wrong] you have to use Slide Shot [or any launching technique that will make constant contact with attacker].

also make sure you're using legal burst stadium [B-08]
It would probably make more sense to give Zephyr a regular launch; no fancy shooting style needed. Tongue_out

But yes, definitely use sliding shoot for Xtreme.
Did you notice that Heavy is in every combo that is in the top tier list right now?! I hope this gets better when Gravity comes out or we´ll have the same thing again but then only with Gravity. I´m very exited how this will turn out. Smile
(Mar. 29, 2016  8:53 PM)Zera Wrote: Did you notice that Heavy is in every combo that is in the top tier list right now?! I hope this gets better when Gravity comes out or we´ll have the same thing again but then only with Gravity. I´m very exited how this will turn out. Smile

There's been lots of discussion about how Heavy is overpowered, and I wrote about this issue a bit here: http://beybrad.tumblr.com/post/130165124...ed-massive
(Mar. 29, 2016  9:32 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2016  8:53 PM)Zera Wrote: Did you notice that Heavy is in every combo that is in the top tier list right now?! I hope this gets better when Gravity comes out or we´ll have the same thing again but then only with Gravity. I´m very exited how this will turn out. Smile

There's been lots of discussion about how Heavy is overpowered, and I wrote about this issue a bit here: http://beybrad.tumblr.com/post/130165124...ed-massive

Thank you. Smile