Beyblade Burst 超王(Sparking)

They have them up for grabs on ThePortal0 now!
I have 2 questions about the Sparking beys. 1. Where are the teeth placed? 2. Is there any differences between the Sparking chips? 3. What about chip cores? Do they have unique abilities for competitive play? Or they act like God chips, where you can replace them with metal core chips?
(Mar. 29, 2020  10:26 AM)g2_ Wrote: I have 2 questions about the Sparking beys. 1. Where are the teeth placed? 2. Is there any differences between the Sparking chips? 3. What about chip cores? Do they have unique abilities for competitive play? Or they act like God chips, where you can replace them with metal core chips?

1. Teeth are on the Chassis. 2. So far they have the ledges that the driver latches onto, but nothing about what part affects the Chip's tightness, yet. 3. The Cores act just like God Chips, and there is also a metal Core on the way as well.
(Mar. 29, 2020  10:46 AM)BeyCrafter Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2020  10:26 AM)g2_ Wrote: I have 2 questions about the Sparking beys. 1. Where are the teeth placed? 2. Is there any differences between the Sparking chips? 3. What about chip cores? Do they have unique abilities for competitive play? Or they act like God chips, where you can replace them with metal core chips?

1. Teeth are on the Chassis. 2. So far they have the ledges that the driver latches onto, but nothing about what part affects the Chip's tightness, yet. 3. The Cores act just like God Chips, and there is also a metal Core on the way as well.
Thank you very much.
(Mar. 29, 2020  10:46 AM)BeyCrafter Wrote:

They can add patterns on the inner side of the ledges, creating higher friction and make it less burstable. Then Sparking chip will come into play. They did that in one of the re-color bey before, can't remember which one.

For chip core, they can make the core centre a little bit deeper, creating friction between chip core and top of driver, again make it less burstable. If you remember all the fanfare of maximum garuda using different god chip making it unburstable, and subsequently some mG + god chips combo got banned in tournament, it is the same concept.
(Mar. 29, 2020  2:25 PM)DinoBurst Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2020  10:46 AM)BeyCrafter Wrote: 1. Teeth are on the Chassis. 2. So far they have the ledges that the driver latches onto, but nothing about what part affects the Chip's tightness, yet. 3. The Cores act just like God Chips, and there is also a metal Core on the way as well.

They can add patterns on the inner side of the ledges, creating higher friction and make it less burstable. Then Sparking chip will come into play. They did that in one of the re-color bey before, can't remember which one.

For chip core, they can make the core centre a little bit deeper, creating friction between chip core and top of driver, again make it less burstable. If you remember all the fanfare of maximum garuda using different god chip making it unburstable, and subsequently some mG + god chips combo got banned in tournament, it is the same concept.

Wait so you're saying both the chip and the chip core affect burst resistance? Interesting.
So the Chip acts as the "slope" like the GT Bases?
(Mar. 30, 2020  1:25 AM)Armor Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2020  2:25 PM)DinoBurst Wrote: They can add patterns on the inner side of the ledges, creating higher friction and make it less burstable. Then Sparking chip will come into play. They did that in one of the re-color bey before, can't remember which one.

Wait so you're saying both the chip and the chip core affect burst resistance? Interesting.

They could be if TT make it so. Sometimes they did it unintentionally.

(Mar. 30, 2020  1:41 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: So the Chip acts as the "slope" like the GT Bases?

Friction between layer and driver latch has always act like slope in burst beys, but the effect is insignificant compare to the teeth. However if the bey has weak teeth, then this latch friction effect will be more noticeable.

The latch with slope effect can be in chip (sparking), layer base (GT) or layer (Cho-Z and earlier).
One thing I like about the Chip and Chip Core in this system is that the slope is located in this part of the layer. That way problems like Wizard and Imperial where the slope is so far protruding that the teeth are pushed backwards and burst resistance is heavily affected, doesn’t happen. Waiting for a newer version like the black and white random booster version of Wizard, that improves where the teeth sit or living with the fact that Imperial needs a dash driver to not be slapped apart, have not been the best part of the GT system.
(Mar. 30, 2020  4:17 AM)BreakerDS Wrote: One thing I like about the Chip and Chip Core in this system is that the slope is located in this part of the layer.  That way problems like Wizard and Imperial where the slope is so far protruding that the teeth are pushed backwards and burst resistance is heavily affected, doesn’t happen.  Waiting for a newer version like the black and white random booster version of Wizard, that improves where the teeth sit or living with the fact that Imperial needs a dash driver to not be slapped apart, have not been the best part of the GT system.

What's wrong with Imperial needing a dash driver? Most combos where you would use it(attack combos) would appreciate it.
(Mar. 30, 2020  4:17 AM)BreakerDS Wrote: One thing I like about the Chip and Chip Core in this system is that the slope is located in this part of the layer.  That way problems like Wizard and Imperial where the slope is so far protruding that the teeth are pushed backwards and burst resistance is heavily affected, doesn’t happen.  Waiting for a newer version like the black and white random booster version of Wizard, that improves where the teeth sit or living with the fact that Imperial needs a dash driver to not be slapped apart, have not been the best part of the GT system.

Actually, same thing can happen in Sparking. Some chips may have longer prongs, hence slope is located lower relative to teeth. Or some chassis may have teeth located higher, then it will be like imperial situation.

The good thing about Sparking compare to GT is that in GT the driver is pushing up against the chip, and if the chp is not made sturdy enough, it flexes upwards, hence weakening the teeth significantly and unintentionally. Sparking is the other way round, driver is pulling the chip, thus eliminating the GT chip flexing problem.
(Apr. 01, 2020  2:57 AM)DinoBurst Wrote:

Actually, same thing can happen in Sparking. Some chips may have longer prongs, hence slope is located lower relative to teeth. Or some chassis may have teeth located higher, then it will be like imperial situation.

The good thing about Sparking compare to GT is that in GT the driver is pushing up against the chip, and if the chp is not made sturdy enough, it flexes upwards, hence weakening the teeth significantly and unintentionally. Sparking is the other way round, driver is pulling the chip, thus eliminating the GT chip flexing problem.

Or they could simply weaken the teeth themselves on Stamina and Defense Drivers so that the Chips are just aesthetic. Otherwise, no one would use Ragnaruk if it had that, they'd just use Hyperion or Valkyrie instead with no repercussions. Also, the GT Chip being pushed up scenario is very relatable. I hate seeing the Chips be pushed up, and some of them get dislodged altogether, such as with my Erase Fafnir from the GT Customize Set.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WYEc5DJ...p=drivesdk
I believe this White Glide Base, blue chip core, and orangish Ragnaruk chip make Ranjiro's Glide Ragnaruk. The recolored parts are from the Random Booster Vol. 20.
All right so this series is called
Beyblade Burst Super King (Sparking)

Super hyperion
King Helios
             ↓
Super Hyperion
King Helios
             ↓
Super King: Sparking
https://mobile.twitter.com/masterblader_...4290063360
(Apr. 05, 2020  9:38 AM)Needforspeed Wrote: All right so this series is called
Beyblade  Burst Super King (Sparking)

Super hyperion
King Helios
             ↓
Super Hyperion
King Helios
             ↓

We already know this...
(Apr. 05, 2020  12:51 PM)BeybladeFanOff Wrote:
(Apr. 05, 2020  9:38 AM)Needforspeed Wrote: All right so this series is called
Beyblade  Burst Super King (Sparking)

Super hyperion
King Helios
             ↓
Super Hyperion
King Helios
             ↓

We already know this...
Oh okay my bad..
Hi guys, i know it's still too soon to judge but i'd like to hear what you think about the new Sparking series. From what i've seen, i would probably say it's not that worthy yet. Super Hyperion is interesting, especially the double chassis combined with Super base. The Exceed driver is a half fail, i mean it's so unreliable... Strong hits at the beginning, burst finishes in a second, amazing over finishes but also completely unpredictable and the stamina is probably one of the worst ever. If its combo doesn't hit early in a battle, it's done. Self over finishes happen too. King Helios seems nothing special, zone driver is terrifying. I think Hell Salamander is stronger. Glide Ragnaruk, oh my goodness. Chassis and Wheel disc are the only pretty good parts, Wheel could be useful for stamina combos but the absolute lack of LAD is a drawback to keep in mind. I guess i'll be sticking to Cho-zs and GT for a while. At least until Brave Valkyrie will be released. Well, these are my thoughts about the first releases. I don't know anything about the new Sparking launcher, did you buy it? Let me know by replying at this post.
Thanks!
(Apr. 06, 2020  12:00 AM)bblader/90 Wrote: Well, these are my thoughts about the first releases.

This subjective discussion belongs in an existing Sparking product thread. I will move it.
(Apr. 06, 2020  12:00 AM)bblader/90 Wrote: If its combo doesn't hit early in a battle, it's done. Glide Ragnaruk, oh my goodness. Chassis and Wheel disc are the only pretty good parts.

All rubber attack type drivers are like that, in case you haven’t noticed. Also, you realize the Chassis has the teeth, right? That’s the part that has the bad teeth. If 1D releases with good teeth, than Glide becomes a part that could see some use competitively possibly.
(Apr. 06, 2020  12:00 AM)bblader/90 Wrote: amazing over finishes but also completely unpredictable and the stamina is probably one of the worst ever. If its combo doesn't hit early in a battle, it's done. Self over finishes happen too. Wheel could be useful for stamina combos but the absolute lack of LAD is a drawback to keep in mind

1. All rubber drivers are like that in fact most drivers (non rubber too) are like that.

2. Wheel actually seems better than Outer so I don't know what you're talking about.
(Apr. 06, 2020  1:14 AM)HakaishinLDrago Wrote:
(Apr. 06, 2020  12:00 AM)bblader/90 Wrote: amazing over finishes but also completely unpredictable and the stamina is probably one of the worst ever. If its combo doesn't hit early in a battle, it's done. Self over finishes happen too. Wheel could be useful for stamina combos but the absolute lack of LAD is a drawback to keep in mind

1. All rubber drivers are like that in fact most drivers (non rubber too) are like that.

2. Wheel actually seems better than Outer so I don't know what you're talking about.

When you say Wheel is better, do you mean in terms of LAD as well or just same spin stamina?(just wanted to clarify)

About Glide, could you pair it with 1A and then stick it on something like Atomic for same spin? Would that be effective for now?
(Apr. 06, 2020  2:56 AM)Armor Wrote:
(Apr. 06, 2020  1:14 AM)HakaishinLDrago Wrote: 1. All rubber drivers are like that in fact most drivers (non rubber too) are like that.

When you say Wheel is better, do you mean in terms of LAD as well or just same spin stamina?(just wanted to clarify)

About Glide, could you pair it with 1A and then stick it on something like Atomic for same spin? Would that be effective for now?

Wheel seems to match or surpass Ωuter in every aspect aside from Burst Resistance from what I've tested. Ωuter might still be better for Perfect Phoenix, though, because its layer doesn't touch the ground at all. As for Glide, it has one major flaw. It takes a lot of recoil. It can even get outspun by Judgement because of the recoil and smacking against the walls. Glide's best combo might be something like GRg.At/Br 1B because 1B's shape is slightly more suited for LAD than 1A and also the risk of Bursting is pretty low despite how loosely it feels when locking in.
(Apr. 06, 2020  2:56 AM)Armor Wrote:
(Apr. 06, 2020  1:14 AM)HakaishinLDrago Wrote: 1. All rubber drivers are like that in fact most drivers (non rubber too) are like that.

Hi! When i talk about Wheel, i only refer to its shape. Of course its stamina is better than the Outer one. It's not a "perfect circle", it's kinda squared so (i believe) Outer still has better LAD.

(Apr. 06, 2020  1:14 AM)HakaishinLDrago Wrote:

Most drivers (non rubber too) are like that? I don't think so, Exceed needs to be launched very hard in order to be useful. That's a risk every single time somebody uses it. This is true for rubber drivers, mostly. I completely agree with you when you say most drivers (even Bearing, Atomic, and others no one would expect to go right out of the stadium) aren't 100% safe but Exceed is completely different (again, from what i've seen). It's just wild.

(Apr. 06, 2020  1:08 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Apr. 06, 2020  12:00 AM)bblader/90 Wrote: If its combo doesn't hit early in a battle, it's done. Glide Ragnaruk, oh my goodness. Chassis and Wheel disc are the only pretty good parts.

All rubber attack type drivers are like that, in case you haven’t noticed. Also, you realize the Chassis has the teeth, right? That’s the part that has the bad teeth. If 1D releases with good teeth, than Glide becomes a part that could see some use competitively possibly.

Yeah, i was just talking about stock combos.
(Apr. 06, 2020  11:55 AM)bblader/90 Wrote:
(Apr. 06, 2020  2:56 AM)Armor Wrote: When you say Wheel is better, do you mean in terms of LAD as well or just same spin stamina?(just wanted to clarify)

Hi! When i talk about Wheel, i only refer to its shape. Of course its stamina is better than the Outer one. It's not a "perfect circle", it's kinda squared so (i believe) Outer still has better LAD.

Most drivers (non rubber too) are like that? I don't think so, Exceed needs to be launched very hard in order to be useful. That's a risk every single time somebody uses it. Sure, i've seen A LOT of drivers self overfinishing. Bearing, Atomic, and others no one would expect to go right out of the stadium but Exceed is completely different (again, from what i've seen).

They are like this. Of course stamina and defense drivers wouldn’t go out of stadium. Attack drivers always do that. Look at any fast or crazy driver in action,and of course you launch beys with attack drivers hard, so they have enough stamina and speed to race around.