Beyblade Anime and Manga Questions

Ok, thanks for the info Kai-V
(Dec. 15, 2012  2:56 AM)Curious George Wrote: @leones fangs your second question...thing i would disagree with. Kyoya isnt all that noble. He leaves yuki when he is in obvious pain because he "doesnt want to get involved" aka doesnt care about the well being of another person.he was also a jerk to benkei for sometime i believe. Also, this is for questions, thats not really a question...

Kyoya is a jerk with everybody but defintely not to to the extreme that kai was. As for his behavior with Yuki... didnt kyoya say something along the lines of "are you a beyblader? deal with it yourself.. In a sense he IS right Yuki is extremely spineless. In life there will battles you have to fight by yourself..He was just keeping it real. Besides Kyoya is known for his big shot behavior lol

I still think kai is nicer because he becomes tysons friend in season 1 and their friendship grows throughout the last two seasons. As for kyoya, he follows gingka guided by his selfish ambition to "master leone" and beat gingka, when the whole world is in danger! Im referring to 4d here by the way. Kai came through when it mattered most. I cant exactly say the same for kyoya.
(Dec. 15, 2012  5:27 PM)LeonesFangs Wrote:
(Dec. 15, 2012  2:56 AM)Curious George Wrote: @leones fangs your second question...thing i would disagree with. Kyoya isnt all that noble. He leaves yuki when he is in obvious pain because he "doesnt want to get involved" aka doesnt care about the well being of another person.he was also a jerk to benkei for sometime i believe. Also, this is for questions, thats not really a question...

Kyoya is a jerk with everybody but defintely not to to the extreme that kai was. As for his behavior with Yuki... didnt kyoya say something along the lines of "are you a beyblader? deal with it yourself.. In a sense he IS right Yuki is extremely spineless. In life there will battles you have to fight by yourself..He was just keeping it real. Besides Kyoya is known for his big shot behavior lol

Yuki was what you called 'spineless' is because he has never entered a tornament so Kyoya was being a jerk even though he knew Yuki never faced a tornament in front of so many people before. However you are right that he is not such a jerk because he cares about Leone's safety more than winning.
Kai deserts his friends on the basis of wanting to battle Tyson - putting the entire sport of beyblade at risk in the process. I mean, G-Rev is just an absolutely massive Jerk-Fest, but even as someone who thought Kai was cool as a kid, I always felt he was a monster jerk.

Curious George, while I haven't watched any of the MFB anime, from what I have seen, Kyoya hasn't managed to outdo that.
(Dec. 15, 2012  6:17 PM)th!nk Wrote: Kai deserts his friends on the basis of wanting to battle Tyson - putting the entire sport of beyblade at risk in the process. I mean, G-Rev is just an absolutely massive Jerk-Fest, but even as someone who thought Kai was cool as a kid, I always felt he was a monster jerk.

Curious George, while I haven't watched any of the MFB anime, from what I have seen, Kyoya hasn't managed to outdo that.

Lets not forget season one... the way he treats the team and his obsession with black dranzer is awful and the way he treated and was techniquely responsible for wyatt's (Yuuya) death. There's really no point in feeling guilty for something you could have stopped if you said or did the right thing. Bascially kai's life is full of regret, iresponsibility and failure.

Thats why i love Kyoya and Tsubasa more than Kai. Kyoya isnt as immature or insanely power hungry or irrational. He is overwhelmlingly cocky and underestimates people but you gotta love that oozing self-confidence lol
Not sure where this should go, but why don't we have Beywiki articles on the Anime? They're a big part of Beyblade and is where a lot of the advertising is...
(Dec. 15, 2012  7:05 PM)LeonesFangs Wrote:
(Dec. 15, 2012  6:17 PM)th!nk Wrote: Kai deserts his friends on the basis of wanting to battle Tyson - putting the entire sport of beyblade at risk in the process. I mean, G-Rev is just an absolutely massive Jerk-Fest, but even as someone who thought Kai was cool as a kid, I always felt he was a monster jerk.

Lets not forget season one... the way he treats the team and his obsession with black dranzer is awful and the way he treated and was techniquely responsible for wyatt's (Yuuya) death. There's really no point in feeling guilty for something you could have stopped if you said or did the right thing. Bascially kai's life is full of regret, iresponsibility and failure.

Thats why i love Kyoya and Tsubasa more than Kai. Kyoya isnt as immature or insanely power hungry or irrational. He is overwhelmlingly cocky and underestimates people but you gotta love that oozing self-confidence lol
No i dont...and at least kai feels guilt for his actions. Kyoya doesnt care what he does. And Wyatt died? Sorry, only watched the dub. And actually, kyoyas pretty dang power hungry. But lets take this to pms if we will continue this.
Obviously I'm not gonna go through 36 other episodes but...

For the first BGM during ep.37's battle between Zero & Kira, does anyone know which other episode it was played in? I feel like I've heard it before, or maybe this is its first debut?
I'd like to know the personality traits of the Nemesis Bladers, please? I know that Keyser likes to look and act scary, but what about Herschel and Cycnus
Not sure about the manga but in the anime they're only around for like an episode so I doubt you learn much about them at all really.
(Dec. 17, 2012  3:56 PM)Ultra Wrote: Not sure about the manga but in the anime they're only around for like an episode so I doubt you learn much about them at all really.

Have you forgotten that they also appeared in the Episode where they and Johannes attempted to stop our heroes from going to the Lost Kingdom? Oh, and I read somewhere on the Beyblade wiki that's run by ~Mana~ that Cycnus' Special Move was the "Elegant Swiftness". Plus, I don't think the other two Nemesis Bladers used any Special Moves either.
(Dec. 17, 2012  3:44 PM)T. L-Drago 9207 Wrote: I'd like to know the personality traits of the Nemesis Bladers, please? I know that Keyser likes to look and act scary, but what about Herschel and Cycnus

(Dec. 17, 2012  3:56 PM)Ultra Wrote: Not sure about the manga but in the anime they're only around for like an episode so I doubt you learn much about them at all really.

Those characters passed like a flash. Not even a psychologist could paint a portrait of their personality. I doubt they even appeared in the mang.a
Ariel: I'm assuming it's a dub slip up, which are very common, though I've not seen the original version of Bakuten Shoot, so I don't know for sure.

(Dec. 16, 2012  12:33 AM)Mr. N Wrote: Not sure where this should go, but why don't we have Beywiki articles on the Anime? They're a big part of Beyblade and is where a lot of the advertising is...
We're a community which focusses primarily on the competitive and 'real' aspects of Beyblade. Also, in my own personal opinion, there are other places that already do a passable job with the anime (which is less open to error and less difficult to get right than the game itself). In future, there is a suggestions thread in the beywiki subforum that was made specifically for things like this.

(Dec. 16, 2012  12:43 AM)Curious George Wrote:
(Dec. 15, 2012  7:05 PM)LeonesFangs Wrote:

No i dont...and at least kai feels guilt for his actions. Kyoya doesnt care what he does. And Wyatt died? Sorry, only watched the dub. And actually, kyoyas pretty dang power hungry. But lets take this to pms if we will continue this.

Wyatt's death was pretty obvious in the dub... I mean, I understood it as a child. However, Leonesfang, I don't think that was bad on Kai's part, even though it happened, he couldn't really know beforehand and as much as they completely ignored it once they were done using it as a major plot point, there's the whole risk of the bitbeast running away if you don't try your hardest and that's more being serious rather than being a mean person. Feeling guilt over something like that afterwards is extremely normal - in fact, not doing so is a very large part of Sociopathy and Psychopathy, so your thoughts on that are just... terrible from an even slightly educated standpoint.

In the end, I think the final of who is a bigger jerk is settled by what they do when their allies have a major opponent who threatens beyblade - Kyoya helps Gingka without hesitation throughout the series, putting their rivalry second. Kai - in seasons 1 and 3 he defects TO the 'Big Bad' Team for power and/or to fight Tyson, in the first even doing so whilst leader of the Blade Breakers (and with bigger stakes and a less excusable reason in the latter). In season 2 Kai doesn't pull that stuff so often aside from the early "urgh no i dont want to beyblade any more urgh" junk, but season 2 is quite an outlier for many reasons.
(Dec. 17, 2012  4:58 PM)th!nk Wrote: Ariel: I'm assuming it's a dub slip up, which are very common, though I've not seen the original version of Bakuten Shoot, so I don't know for sure.

(Dec. 16, 2012  12:33 AM)Mr. N Wrote: Not sure where this should go, but why don't we have Beywiki articles on the Anime? They're a big part of Beyblade and is where a lot of the advertising is...
We're a community which focusses primarily on the competitive and 'real' aspects of Beyblade. Also, in my own personal opinion, there are other places that already do a passable job with the anime (which is less open to error and less difficult to get right than the game itself). In future, there is a suggestions thread in the beywiki subforum that was made specifically for things like this.

(Dec. 16, 2012  12:43 AM)Curious George Wrote:
(Dec. 15, 2012  7:05 PM)LeonesFangs Wrote: Lets not forget season one... the way he treats the team and his obsession with black dranzer is awful and the way he treated and was techniquely responsible for wyatt's (Yuuya) death. There's really no point in feeling guilty for something you could have stopped if you said or did the right thing. Bascially kai's life is full of regret, iresponsibility and failure.

Wyatt's death was pretty obvious in the dub... I mean, I understood it as a child. However, Leonesfang, I don't think that was bad on Kai's part, even though it happened, he couldn't really know beforehand and as much as they completely ignored it once they were done using it as a major plot point, there's the whole risk of the bitbeast running away if you don't try your hardest and that's more being serious rather than being a mean person. Feeling guilt over something like that afterwards is extremely normal - in fact, not doing so is a very large part of Sociopathy and Psychopathy, so your thoughts on that are just... terrible from an even slightly educated standpoint.

In the end, I think the final of who is a bigger jerk is settled by what they do when their allies have a major opponent who threatens beyblade - Kyoya helps Gingka without hesitation throughout the series, putting their rivalry second. Kai - in seasons 1 and 3 he defects TO the 'Big Bad' Team for power and/or to fight Tyson, in the first even doing so whilst leader of the Blade Breakers (and with bigger stakes and a less excusable reason in the latter). In season 2 Kai doesn't pull that stuff so often aside from the early "urgh no i dont want to beyblade any more urgh" junk, but season 2 is quite an outlier for many reasons.

What i meant by not feeling guilty is that Kai is the type of person who has to make the mistake in order to learn from. but with all the intelligence and experience he should defintely know better than that. Compare Tyson's behavior with Zeo and Kyoya behavior with Benkei and you could notice the difference between how they treat their fanboys compared to Kai with Wyatt but i dont really count season 2 because everyone was ooc and the story was stupid compared to 1 and 3
(Dec. 17, 2012  6:20 PM)LeonesFangs Wrote: What i meant by not feeling guilty is that Kai is the type of person who has to make the mistake in order to learn from.
You mean like most people in real life?

Quote: but with all the intelligence and experience he should defintely know better than that.
You mean like most people in real life don't?

Quote:Compare Tyson's behavior with Zeo and Kyoya behavior with Benkei and you could notice the difference between how they treat their fanboys compared to Kai with Wyatt
Does liking suckups make you more or less of a jerk? Sure, Kai treated Wyatt terribly, but I don't think it's a strong point - and I'm in agreement that Kai is a bigger jerk than Kyoya...

Quote:but i dont really count season 2 because everyone was ooc and the story was stupid compared to 1 and 3
Season 2 was different, not stupid. Some of us prefer it, actually. The topic of all three seasons is battling spinning tops that dominate the worlds interest with children at the forefront controlling the mythical and powerful beasts the spinning tops contain, calling one "stupid" in comparison to the others - ignoring that this is a matter of opinion aside" - is pretty silly.
Has any one notice that Adult Ginga looks so much like Ray from the Bakuten Shoot Series? XD

Also, wouldn't it be cool for the creator to bring back Tyson, who enters the parallel universe of the Metal Saga series and teams up with Ginga and Zero to fight an ultimate villain similar to the Yugioh Bonds Beyond Time movie?
(Dec. 17, 2012  3:44 PM)T. L-Drago 9207 Wrote: I'd like to know the personality traits of the Nemesis Bladers, please? I know that Keyser likes to look and act scary, but what about Herschel and Cycnus

I have no idea for Herschel. You can learn a bit about Cycnus if you read about the figure "Cygnus" in Greek mythology. You'll learn why he has those sparkly, fascinated eyes. It isn't pleasant, however.

(Dec. 17, 2012  6:50 PM)th!nk Wrote:
Quote:Compare Tyson's behavior with Zeo and Kyoya behavior with Benkei and you could notice the difference between how they treat their fanboys compared to Kai with Wyatt
Does liking suckups make you more or less of a jerk? Sure, Kai treated Wyatt terribly, but I don't think it's a strong point - and I'm in agreement that Kai is a bigger jerk than Kyoya...

Ahem. I am not familiar with either Wyatt, and I am only slightly familiar with Zeo Zagart, however I must intrude in on this conversation on Benkei's part. Calling him a "suckup" is really quite unfair. It is true that he often overdoes things and exaggerates sometimes, but he is far from a "suckup". If he were a "suckup", he would have abandoned Kyouya as soon as he realized that Kyouya would never appreciate his effort. However, he didn't. Even when Kyouya returned from Wolf Canyon with nothing but hatred and a lust for destruction in his heart, Benkei never abandoned him or even doubted him. A "suckup" would never go that far. A good example of a "suckup" would be Masamune towards Toby and sometimes even Zeo. Benkei's actions are the complete opposite of this, actually.

Apologies for the rant.
Is it a rumor that Mal's real name is Maru ?
(Dec. 20, 2012  4:32 PM)Kaizer Vearn Wrote: Is it a rumor that Mal's real name is Maru ?

Eh, it is just the same thing : her name is pronounced as 'maru' in Japanese, but we assume that it is meant to be written "Mal".
Does anyone really know that Ryuga is really "Deceased," and will never come back to life.
(Dec. 20, 2012  4:49 PM)Insane Wrote: Does anyone really know that Ryuga is really "Deceased," and will never come back to life.

It's not confirmed that he died, he just disappeared after giving L-Drago Destroy's Fragment of The Star power to Kenta's Sagittario ...
Now that it comes to me, that is true. And remember all those times ryuga just dissapeared after a battle (ex. Ginka vs Ryuga in Metal Masters (in the sand))
Uh that was different though. He had the power to teleport but in the last episode it looked like he disintegrated.