Battle Strikers... heard of it?

Hey Everyone,

My name is Jessica, and I am contacting you from the MEGA Brands HQ. We are so excited to be launching a brand new toy this year called Battle Strikers.
You can check it out on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBf9lib0NC8
I’m showing this to you, as we’d love to get your expert opinions on this new toy. We are interested in sending you some samples later in the next few months as they become available.
Any feedback can be posted on this thread. Thanks for your time!

-Jessica
This is basically almost the same thing as RC Beyblades... Unhappy
I'm gonna have to say this looks like a cheap nockoff of beyblade, they dont look like they spin very fast, the tops all look the same and the magnetic finger glove thing looks like a cheap gimmick. Arenas look crappy, and the tops themselves look very cheap and boring. Sorry I am so not interested in this.
Thanks for the feedback.. no need to apologize this is why I'm here.
If this could be modified, what would you like to see thats different?
(Mar. 19, 2009  5:20 PM)ambassador Wrote: Thanks for the feedback.. no need to apologize this is why I'm here.
If this could be modified, what would you like to see thats different?

Honestly there would have to be serious revamping of the entire system.
There all very similiar looking, there bulky, and there is no ripcord or and manuel launch. With beyblades launching is a huge part of the game, there are different tactics, speeds, styles. That just looks like you press a button. It doesnt look like there is any customization and names of the tops sound like Hot wheels cars. Honestly I dont think its something thats going to be nearly as big as beyblade, it will probably die off a couple months after release. Beyblade just has so much more to offer.
I don't really understand the whole "Finger controller" thing.
It seems like it just interferes too much, with both the tops themselves, and the players hands.
Well never heard of it before, until now.
Can you customize these 'Battle Strikers'?, If not then everyone will just buy the best one and there will be no competitive play. Also the whole launching system doesn't look great, with shooters & ripcords your able to control your launch, with this it seems kind of plain and everyone is just gonna have the same.

Overall I wouldn't touch these, with the new Metal Fight Beyblades out now, I think it will kind of outclass these toys. But I might be wrong and kids might see this to be fun? as its more interactive with the finger magnet thing.
But It doesn't interested me in the slightest.
(Mar. 19, 2009  5:27 PM)Crimson Wrote: I don't really understand the whole "Finger controller" thing.
It seems like it just interferes too much, with both the tops themselves, and the players hands.

It seems like a hardly working gimmick if you ask me, the kids fingers are practically touching the tops.
This is true, there are no ripcords.. The handheld device you see is what we call the Turbo Launcher.. this revs up the striker (top) to about 5000 RPM's where you launch it in to battle. The key difference between Battle Strikers and Beyblades is once the striker is launched, you then use the finger controller, which, featuring magnetic technology allows you to implement different tactics in a new way- on a flat surface. Though you don't see much customization right now, this is not the case. We have already created different ways to customize the strikers which will be further developed following the launch of Battle Strikers and tied into the site (www.battlestrikers.com).
Interesting, the gimmick looks fun. It would be nice to see them a little more compact with some more weight to them. This might provide a slightly more 'intense' match. I assume you are targeting these to the 10 year old market, and the product looks as such.

I guess I might be biased towards beyblade, but if I remember my childhood correctly toys with metal were usually more appealing than those with plastic. The big bulky design just makes it look a little archaic and cheap (no offense intended). When MFB gets released outside of East Asia the magnetic gimmick is the only thing that would make it stand apart. However I cannot judge these with only the video to go by. In Asia, this would b
This looks no better than a MFB in my opinion. A MFB would beat these, even sagittario (no offense)
Uh yeah, competing with MFB will not help at all. You have a good concept, however it is implemented badly. Try having a larger magnetic field, or something else, also the prices should be quite low, as the MFB are in Japan.
So basically you're here to solicit and sell stuff. Uncertain
Not at all. I am simply here to get peoples' opinions. They're not even on the market yet.
Interesting, I suppose. I'm sure it will appeal to the kids your trying to sel them to because they will have more control over them during battle. But to us, they are nothing more than a rip off of beyblade, and not too good of one. The system should be thought out better (it would be easy to cheat and the launching is pretty lame), and the customization seems minimal (which was/is most of the fun of Beyblades). Is their an anime to them? Beyblade got so popular because it had an anime to go along with it(and then there were tournaments just like in the anime, so you could somewhat do what they did in the anime). Finally, they are still plastic. I know when I was younger, metal appealed much more to me than plastic did. We wouldn't be very interested in them. Right now, it seems a cheap way to steal some customers from Takara-Tomy and make money(obviously). =/
The stadiums should be like the DX magnadome with 2 launching pockets and a clear plastic screen to go on top with enough distance from the spin tops not to touch but also close enough to them so the magnet gimick would work. This would stop the finger touching, no?
I'll allow this simply because I'm a bit flattered that any corporation would be interested enough in what we have to say Wink

To start, obviously this toy is based on Beyblade. There's nothing inherently wrong with this, however, Beyblade is a very well implemented form of spinning top and it's going to be hard to top it. With that being said, this seems inferior to Beyblade in almost every way.

As Arjun pointed out, they are really clunky looking. Also, as far as I can tell, they're not customizable. The whole thing just feels a little archaic, you understand? The shooting tech looks really bad, they seem to be spinning very slowly. Beyblade had some similar launchers to this but nobody uses them because of how bad they are. You claim 5000 RPM, but it's obviously spinning much slower than that.

The magnetic gimmick seems pretty interesting. However, I'm not convinced it would stay captivating for a long period of time. It's obvious this product is ready to go to market though, so I'm curious about what you plan to gain from conversing with us about it.
I've never heard of this before but I don't think kids would be very interested in this that much especially since Metal Fight Beyblade has been released.
They seem like the kind of toy that a kid might want to buy after seeing a commercial about it (just because it's a new toy) but like a week after getting it they'd be bored of it. They're not very attractive or that exciting and it seems like kids would get bored of it quickly. But I'll admit that the concept (finger controlling) is better than some of the other beyblade-based toys.
Yes, this is pretty much ready to go to market (they will be launched in July) however, as you have pointed out, customization is a key component and we are doing some market research to see how it should be customized.
(Mar. 19, 2009  10:10 PM)ambassador Wrote: Yes, this is pretty much ready to go to market (they will be launched in July) however, as you have pointed out, customization is a key component and we are doing some market research to see how it should be customized.

Its does not make sense to release a toy that has already been done, and much better I might add. If it was me I would not try to compete with one of the largest collectible game ever made.
Check out the beyblades and see how the parts performed and how they made them customizable. If these aren't, they won't last too long. Of course, you should be original, but you could learn from how beyblade has done things.
EDIT: I agree with Neku as well. =/
I think these would be fine for the 8 and under demographic. I really can't see these having any appeal to older children though.
(Mar. 19, 2009  10:27 PM)SexyMichael Wrote: I think these would be fine for the 8 and under demographic. I really can't see these having any appeal to older children though.

^^this. I don't think this will have much appeal to kids older than that.
This would have total potential if not for Beyblade's existence. Even the control by magnets has already been done, only more successfully.

Also; due to the materials used and the speed of a beyblade top- a lot of emphasis was placed on not putting your hands near the stadium. These new tops are so "Fischer Price" that you are not only able to put your hands near them without consequence- you are encouraged.

Not that the only fun toys are the ones that can hurt you, but it certainly takes a lot of the thrill out of a battle. And I mean no offense, but the battles shown in that video are hardly exciting to watch. The tops are just too big, and too slow.
In about 2 years time and I walk into the corner shop and go to the Toy Section, I will see: Battle Strikers! Only 50p! And I would by it for fun.