Battle Strikers... heard of it?

(Mar. 20, 2009  7:35 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: A KO. Like, knocking the other top out of the stadium.

Due to the nature of this toy, the impacts are barely noticeable. When you watch videos of Beyblades, it's exciting to see how they get knocked around and out and up in the air.

A good example of this can be seen in the video I made for Beywiki a while ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTZKYMSr5G4

Obviously not all battles will be as exciting as the ones in that video (with Defense and Survival types), but I'm sure you will understand what we're talking about if you watch that.

Also, I sent you a PM about receiving a sample.
Thanks everyone for the feedback so far.. I probably won't be on here for most of the weekend but if you have any q's I'll be back Monday morning (Eastern Canada Time). Cheers!
I think this is pretty cool. Good job on the video. I agree with everything Brad has said. The battles actually look pretty fun, but I really dislike the shooting mechanisms. I like the magnet control very much and it's a really interesting gimmick. That's my favorite part of the whole thing.

Since I don't have any idea about customization, I can't say anything about that other than you should definitely allow the tops to be customized. That is crucial to their success, I think.

My least favorite parts are the shooter handle itself and the design of the tops. The design looks really, really clunky and sort of fast food meal toy-ish.

Otherwise, I'm very interested in these toys and I might even pick one up to mess around with it.
So basically this is Beyblades. But with an automatic launcher, strong magnets in them and a strong magnet used to control it.

EDIT: Found out these are made by the same company that makes Mega Bloks. Aren't those a knock off of Legos? Hmm...
Oh they also make Rose Art crayons... Hmm........
thats just dumb the great thing about beyblade that you have no power over your beyblade duing battel (not rc) thats what makes it fun. battle strikers you have power duing battle which makes it no fun
(Mar. 22, 2009  5:16 AM)sousa98 Wrote: thats just dumb the great thing about beyblade that you have no power over your beyblade duing battel (not rc) thats what makes it fun. battle strikers you have power duing battle which makes it no fun

I'd hardly say that the lack of the control is the best thing about Beyblade. If anything, it's the nuances of design that this game is seemingly lacking.
all i can do is to mod the bourd. i will do it tomer. my pencil broke
(Mar. 22, 2009  5:26 AM)sousa98 Wrote: all i can do is to mod the bourd. i will do it tomer. my pencil broke

Uhh are you a troll Or are you ESL, or are you just bad at spelling?
(Mar. 22, 2009  5:26 AM)sousa98 Wrote: all i can do is to mod the bourd. i will do it tomer. my pencil broke

Chocked_2 Huh? Seriously dude, do you even read your posts before you post them?
bad at tpeying
(Mar. 22, 2009  5:38 AM)sousa98 Wrote: bad at tpeying

Then type slower. How is anyone supposed to understand you if half your posts are incoherent?

Going back to the Battle Strikers; the magnet gimmick appeals to me more and more. It is definitely better than the magnacore system we had. I wonder how it would work if it were on the beyblades we use today?
Other than it being imitation, it seems like a pretty good toy. This is even before the first release, so it can still change maybe after the first generation of toys.

Funny thing, I was just playing around with my magnacore blade. Took the AR off, launched it, and used a wrench to control it since the SG has magnetism. Can't be too different from that.
ok anyway back to the battle strikers
now i see whats wrong with more than one magnet different magnets are arrter to the finger magnet. so the side one makes it lose spin. they sounld only have one magnet in the middle
heres my mod bourd
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

(Mar. 22, 2009  6:31 PM)sousa98 Wrote: heres my mod bourd

Now is this a bourd or a broud?
(Mar. 22, 2009  6:40 PM)Commie Wrote: Now is this a bourd or a broud?

lmao

But seriously sousa98, I don't understand your concept. If magnets are on the bottom and you move them around, how is that any different or better than controlling them from the top?
I guess it's easier to see and you don't get your hands in the way. I think it's a bit silly though and the magnets would have to be pretty strong......plus you couldn't control just your blade and such. Also, what the hell you can't even type for your own picture? ^^;
i don't think this will go well in Japan due to the fact that they alread have mfb's but it might in North America
(Mar. 22, 2009  6:51 PM)Rocky Wrote: I guess it's easier to see and you don't get your hands in the way. I think it's a bit silly though and the magnets would have to be pretty strong......plus you couldn't control just your blade and such. Also, what the hell you can't even type for your own picture? ^^;

Also, I'm pretty sure you could like knock the other person's magnet thingie out of the way and keep knocking their own Striker into the wall.
(Mar. 22, 2009  6:59 PM)Commie Wrote: Also, I'm pretty sure you could like knock the other person's magnet thingie out of the way and keep knocking their own Striker into the wall.

the perfect strategy

actually, what's stopping you from trying to control your opponent's "striker"?
(Mar. 22, 2009  6:59 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: the perfect strategy

I don't think anything would except maybe a rule that would stop you?

I had an idea that each player's striker would have to have a different magnet in it (Player A's has North and Player B's has South) But then the strikers would just attract to each other all the time. So most likely a rule.
(Mar. 22, 2009  6:59 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: the perfect strategy

I assume rules; but I can definitely see arguments breaking up among children whining that the other person was messing with their top.

EDIT: Beaten!
(Mar. 22, 2009  7:09 PM)Commie Wrote: I don't think anything would except maybe a rule that would stop you?

I had an idea that each player's striker would have to have a different magnet in it (Player A's has North and Player B's has South) But then the strikers would just attract to each other all the time. So most likely a rule.

i think that can work...
I don't know why they didn't just make them RC and build it into the launcher thing. It's a gigantic piece of electronics as it is, may as well put some controls in there.
If we made them RC, it disrupts the entire basis for our version- we do want to differentiate ourselves as much as possible from Beyblades and other toys that are similar.
The core strategy for the Battle Strikers is there are no ripcords and you have ultimate control over the striker.
Also- in response to some of the questions regarding the magnets- it is actually on top of the striker- not on the bottom.