Battle Strikers... heard of it?

Ok, everyone, yes I get the picture lol
Bey Brad, thank you for the comment. I understand your POV's I'm not here to try and convert you tou Battle Strikerss and again, yes this toy is targeted for boys 6-11, so I would never in my wildest dreams every think I could convert you all to Battle Strikers.
My original reasons for coming on here is to get general feedback (which has been received, and believe it or not, has provided food for thought to those higher than me in the company); and some thoughts on customization.
Yes, MEGA Brands does produce the MEGA Bloks which are a similar product to LEGO as they are construction blocks, I don't view it as copying as we have taken it in different directions than LEGO has. We also produce other toys in wide ranging categories, but mainly to do with construction. If you are that curious, please feel free to visit our website at www.megabrands.com.
Aside from that brief MEGA Brands portfolio lesson, I would ask you to keep an open mind for when I send you a sample (if you have requested one). Construction criticism is fine (and welcomed) but lets be nice about it, please.
Yeah guys don't go crazy XD I do trust MEGA to make a popular product, however it is not actually in our age range. However I still would like to sample them Grin
Well, we'd love to hear more about the customization aspect.
True, It has potential. I just think the battles are a bit slow. Maybe I am comparing it to much to beyblade, It deserves a fair chance. I hope you can create more interesting designs, the ones I saw were not bad they just seemed to look very similiar to each other.

I think an important aspect of customizable games like this are being able to make something very different from everyone else. It gives you the opportunity to create something that only you use, something you put time into customizing. It’s very gratifying to win with a combination you came up with. If everyone has similar looking tops it takes a bit from the victory.

Just a thought.
I think it is difficult for us to give you feedback about what types of new parts could be produced without having any experience with "battle strikers" tops. Is there a break down of the basic functions that each piece contributes to top performance?
when will these be on the market anyway?
I've been messing with Magnecore, using the Magnablocks to control them, and it is more fun than it look, obviously it will be different to this but yeah. Also all the stats are the same on that vid XD
if the battle stikers wher beyblade all of the battle stikers will be a defense. at least make the grip part and put a attack thing

(USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST)
(Mar. 27, 2009  11:56 PM)sousa98 Wrote: if the battle stikers wher beyblade all of the battle stikers will be a defense. at least make the grip part and put a attack thing

Seriously dude, it's pretty obvious you are trying to make posts just for the sake of it.
I am actually extremely curious and requested a sample. I have a Gaming Club that I am president of that I will present it to. But, anyway, I've seen the video and the concept looks interesting, I would just reiterate the fact that cheating by messing with another top will be an issue, and ambassador hasn't addressed that one yet. Also, how reliable will the parts be, and how close will you have to be? The videos showed the kids playing and they were practically holding hands? Any thoughts on that?
Hey Everyone,

Sorry I haven't answered your questions lately, I've had a very busy couple of days.
Ok, so the first question in regards to custmization, well as soon as I have the samples (still waiting on them) I will be sending them out to receive your feedback. I apologize for the delay but unfortunately, that is completely out of my control at the moment.
As for cheating with another top, well yeah, you could and people probably will, but part of the fun is making sure you don't let that happen- again, this is against the rules, so messing with another top in an "official" tournament would get you disqualified.
As for the breakdowns, well I have put in that request to the Brand director for Battle Strikers and will hopefully have that info to post soon.
Any other questions, you know where to find me. Thanks again for the feedback.
Can you please tell me why all the customization is the same, on the charts at the end of your video
This is just the basic different kinds of tops, the customization possibilities haven't been fully developed as of yet.
(Mar. 27, 2009  12:32 AM)blader9 Wrote: when will these be on the market anyway?

They will come to market in July
So I know you've all been asking a lot of questions regarding customization and how it will be possible. I've been given the full breakdown on how it works. Let me know what you think!
There are a total of 16 tops made up of 16 different "weapon" components, 8 different "armor" components and 4 different tips. The mix of these components creates a unique performance profile for each top across 3 distinct attributes: Attack, Defense and Control. Since the Strikers are buildable, a huge amount of customization is possible as you grow your collection. Mixing components is part of the stated play pattern for Battle Strikers - we are giving kids the ability to create their own custom Strikers based on their own performance formulas.
Don't do a Hasbro on us, promote this the best you can. Hold tournaments, and show how to build different styles, and patterns.
Don't do a Hasbro? What is it that Hasbro has done that you really dislike?
Confused Well- They made some bad decisions by turning good Beyblades into Crappy ones and they totally ruined the stadiums.
(Mar. 30, 2009  6:42 PM)ambassador Wrote: So I know you've all been asking a lot of questions regarding customization and how it will be possible. I've been given the full breakdown on how it works. Let me know what you think!
There are a total of 16 tops made up of 16 different "weapon" components, 8 different "armor" components and 4 different tips. The mix of these components creates a unique performance profile for each top across 3 distinct attributes: Attack, Defense and Control. Since the Strikers are buildable, a huge amount of customization is possible as you grow your collection. Mixing components is part of the stated play pattern for Battle Strikers - we are giving kids the ability to create their own custom Strikers based on their own performance formulas.

I would need to see all of this myself to fully understand this, but it sounds like there will be a fair amount of customization possible, which is essential.
Awesome. Are these the only products you will release for this game, or will you also be releasing accessories and other items? Also, no cartoons for this please. PLEASE.
Also, why so many weapons and so little of the others? I could see the more defensive players being shut out and forced to play Offense with how it looks at the moment. Can you elaborate on that at all?
(Mar. 30, 2009  7:57 PM)Anu Wrote: Confused Well- They made some bad decisions by turning good Beyblades into Crappy ones and they totally ruined the stadiums.

Thing is though, I doubt that "pulling a Hasbro" would mean here regarding their treatment of certain Beyblade high performance tops. Since Mega is not licensing Beyblade, but rather making an opposing product.

Thus it can be assume that "pulling a hasbro" given the context would be used to describe how Hasbro had haphazard official tournaments with various restrictions. These tournaments were also quite low in terms of frequency. In fact, Hasbro took the lazy way out and often, rather then make their own events, they would partner with other companies (be it store chains, even Nelvana or television broadcasters) and have them host the events.

As well, it can be assumed that "pulling a Hasbro" can also apply to Hasbro's way of marketing the Beyblade brand in North America. Often in Hasbro's television advertisements they would solely advertise the power of one beyblade and how it can dominate all, often completely neglecting the customization options, as well as advertising most Beyblades from the same cookie cutter marketing cut. Be it 1st Gen Plastic era, or HMS.

However, not to sound rude, or mean, I don't think these Battle Strikers will make it to the stages of requiring organized play. Unless MEGA mimmicks what made other brands such as Bakugan, and the ever-lasting Beyblade popular and utilizes this knowledge for their gain. This would often require cross media promotion via television, a possible online metagame of some sorts, mall/event tours, and even some sort of print medium (comics, etc.). Sadly, this requires both effort, and money.
(Mar. 31, 2009  6:19 AM)To Wrote: However, not to sound rude, or mean, I don't think these Battle Strikers will make it to the stages of requiring organized play. Unless MEGA mimmicks what made other brands such as Bakugan, and the ever-lasting Beyblade popular and utilizes this knowledge for their gain. This would often require cross media promotion via television, a possible online metagame of some sorts, mall/event tours, and even some sort of print medium (comics, etc.). Sadly, this requires both effort, and money.

I totally agree with the media promotion bit. For Battle Strikers to gain a lot of attention and sell a lot, it has to be advertised in a way other than commercials (but commercials should still run).

Just look at the examples. Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon (a little), Bakugan, Beyblade - they're all pretty much product placement animes where they showcase their products doing things that appeal to kids. Half the reason why most people got into YuGiOh was because they saw the TV show and wanted to become the next King of Games in their community. All it took to do so was to buy some cards, and believe in the heart of the cards. For Beyblade, it was to because the world champ (and to summon/believe in your bit beast. A lot of kids bought into that.)
I completely understand your views on traditional advertising. With Battle Strikers, we're going to be doing something a bit different.
This summer, starting July 1st, we will be launching the Battle Strikers Turbo Tour. This is a promotional tour where kids from all over Canada and and the US will be able to try it out first hand.
For those of you in Europe and Asia, I don't know what we'll be doing there as of yet, but you won't be left out!
Read over the thread "Beyblade: Steel Squad" to get the jist of what I'm saying. Turns out you may be competing directly.
In terms of the launch of the new series of the Beyblades? Yes, I was aware of that.
No, as in Hasbro are releasing theirs at similar times. And people don't like large rectangular stadiums with no exits.