Battle Strikers... heard of it?

(Apr. 01, 2009  5:38 PM)Giga Wrote: No, as in Hasbro are releasing theirs at similar times. And people don't like large rectangular stadiums with no exits.

For battle strikers, it sort of makes sense though. As you have a lot of control over the top, you want a large area to move around in, as well as the opportunity to battle many opponents. I imagine that the magnets would be even less effective in a sloped stadium, because the tops would be "falling" away from your magnetic finger pointer, into the center of the dish. With a flat arena you have more control over your top. With the slow RPM and the size of these new tops, I can't really see them flying out of the stadium too well anyways.

If there is a BattleStrikers TurboTour in my area, I will absolutely check it out. Anyone interested in the game will most definitely be interested in Beyblades too. There is nothing we can do to stop a massive corporation from releasing a toy they've clearly put a lot of work into, the best we can do is work with it to benefit our own game. Sure MTG has been around longer than Pokemon cards, doesn't mean they can't both have a following.
Yeah look at this:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BEYBLADE-LANCIATOR...1|240:1318
Turbo Launcher Prototype?
(Apr. 01, 2009  6:14 PM)Giga Wrote: Yeah look at this:

don't honestly a resemblance; it still uses a ripcord....
Looks similar, I can see it being a cross between that and the EG Shooter.
(Apr. 01, 2009  6:14 PM)Giga Wrote: Yeah look at this:

There actually were electronic launchers for beyblades, I'm not sure if they were official or not though... And they were dreadfully slow. Not to mention that half the thrill (and skill) of beyblading is in launching the top by really ripping the winder.
I think that if they could make a better launching mechanism, make Battle Strikers heavier, more customizable, more visually appealing and more fun, they could compete with Beyblades. Otherwise I think they won't last too long...

And everything else I think about Battle Strikers has already been said by the others.:\
Okay this is just embarrassing:
Quote: MONTREAL, Feb. 10 /CNW Telbec/ - MEGA Brands Inc (TSX: MB) is charged with excitement to introduce the first innovation to battling tops in over 50 years. Battle Strikers will be launched at the highly anticipated 2009 ToyFair in New York this month.

Unlike your parents’ and grandparents’ battling tops, Battle Strikers require no ripcords or pull strings. Featuring magnetic technology, Battle Strikers puts you in control, a first for any battling top. Battle Strikers are launched into battle with the Turbo Launcher, powering the “Strikers” up to 7500 RPMs. With the power of magnets, each ‘Striker’, has the ability to jump, dodge, and move into battle with the Controller. The sixteen unique, collectable and customizable Strikers are magnetically enhanced, and calibrated to different degrees of endurance with offensive or defensive precision.

“Battle Strikers draws on classic boy play patterns–collecting, creating, competing–and a proven play patterns–battling tops–to create a dynamic new brand for today’s kids,” says Chris Byrne (A.K.A. The Toy Guy ®). “The toys encourage each individual player to hone their talent, ingenuity and skill to create unique competitive challenges that will foster social interaction and just plain fun.”

First unveiled at Hong Kong and UK Toy Fairs in January with great excitement, Battle Strikers are causing an industry-wide buzz. While battling tops have existed for over 2000 years, this classic toy has seen little to no innovation in recent decades - until now.

“With Battle Strikers, we have taken a classic play pattern and completely revitalized it,” states Vic Bertrand, Chief Innovation Officer of MEGA Brands. “We have integrated one of our core technologies to transform a ‘launch and watch’ toy into a ‘launch, control and battle’ experience”

In this article they are first practically ignoring the existence of beyblades, and then completely ripping on them. Which is it, do they exist, or don't they? Not to mention remote controlled beyblades, or magnacore beyblades.

Augh. I'm so unnecessarily unnerved by this. I mean yeah, hype your product, but don't pretend like it's some sort of genius brilliance that the world has never seen.

EDIT: Oh god, this would have been so awesome if I had met the qualifications: http://www.pricenetwork.ca/deal/Looking_...24045.html

I need a job so badly.
(Mar. 30, 2009  4:18 PM)ambassador Wrote: Hey Everyone,

Sorry I haven't answered your questions lately, I've had a very busy couple of days.
Ok, so the first question in regards to custmization, well as soon as I have the samples (still waiting on them) I will be sending them out to receive your feedback. I apologize for the delay but unfortunately, that is completely out of my control at the moment.
As for cheating with another top, well yeah, you could and people probably will, but part of the fun is making sure you don't let that happen- again, this is against the rules, so messing with another top in an "official" tournament would get you disqualified.
As for the breakdowns, well I have put in that request to the Brand director for Battle Strikers and will hopefully have that info to post soon.
Any other questions, you know where to find me. Thanks again for the feedback.

You think this toy is serious enough to go as far as a tounament?
(Apr. 01, 2009  8:37 PM)NeekAlert Wrote: You think this toy is serious enough to go as far as a tounament?

Dude, they are. The Turbo Tour is essentially a series of cross country tournaments.
(Apr. 01, 2009  8:42 PM)Minion Wrote: Dude, they are. The Turbo Tour is essentially a series of cross country tournaments.

Chocked_2
For those of you who are in the Toronto Area (and are aged 21 and over), we are hosting auditions Saturday April 18th at 8:30am to recruit brand ambassadors for the Battle Strikers summer Turbo Promo Tour.
This is an excellent opportunity to travel for 6-8 weeks across North America and gain promotional and event marketing experience. The pay is $500 a week, plus a $50 daily per diem for your meals.
The tour wil be kicking of July 1st and running until August 20th.
If you are interested in auditioning, email me your resume to jstarkey@megabrands.com (please don't use this address for anything else).
The auditions will be at the Marriott Courtyard at 475 Yonge St.
Please don't respond negatively to this post, I know this is the competitor's product, but I'm just letting you guys know a job opportunity. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask Smile
(Apr. 09, 2009  2:06 PM)ambassador Wrote: For those of you who are in the Toronto Area (and are aged 21 and over), we are hosting auditions Saturday April 18th at 8:30am to recruit brand ambassadors for the Battle Strikers summer Turbo Promo Tour.
This is an excellent opportunity to travel for 6-8 weeks across North America and gain promotional and event marketing experience. The pay is $500 a week, plus a $50 daily per diem for your meals.
If you are interested in auditioning, email me your resume to jstarkey@megabrands.com (please don't use this address for anything else).
Please don't respond negatively to this post, I know this is the competitor's product, but I'm just letting you guys know a job opportunity. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask Smile

i can picture brad showing up there with an mfb attack staduim and storm pegasis cosplaying as kai singing "BEY BEY BEY BEY META FAI!!!" just kidding lol
if only brad was 21 Joyful_3
(Apr. 09, 2009  2:06 PM)ambassador Wrote: For those of you who are in the Toronto Area (and are aged 21 and over), we are hosting auditions Saturday April 18th at 8:30am to recruit brand ambassadors for the Battle Strikers summer Turbo Promo Tour.

ughh if i was in toronto right now i would seriously come out for this because i really want marketing experience Unhappy
(Apr. 09, 2009  2:41 PM)blader9 Wrote: i can picture brad showing up there with an mfb attack staduim and storm pegasis cosplaying as kai singing "BEY BEY BEY BEY META FAI!!!" just kidding lol
if only brad was 21 Joyful_3

That's really quite creepy. :\
Sounds like a really good opportunity though. Joyful_3
Wow, wish I was up there. Sounds like it would be a great experience. Thanks for imforming us about this. Smile
See? Not everything I have to say is horrible Smile
(Mar. 19, 2009  5:09 PM)ambassador Wrote: Hey Everyone,

My name is Jessica, and I am contacting you from the MEGA Brands HQ. We are so excited to be launching a brand new toy this year called Battle Strikers.
You can check it out on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBf9lib0NC8
I’m showing this to you, as we’d love to get your expert opinions on this new toy. We are interested in sending you some samples later in the next few months as they become available.
Any feedback can be posted on this thread. Thanks for your time!

-Jessica

These tops are really cool I must say because it has lots of potential on bringing a top to the 21st century. As many will say "Thats a Beyblade your talking about and these battle strikers are knockoffs!" Lemme tell you something realistic "Beyblades are knockoff of the BeiGoma!" Battling tops have been out there for centurys from Mexican wooden tops (can be used for battling) to Beigomas (some cool top that is for battling) Give these toys a chance because there giving a top a second chance to live in USA and other parts of the worlds were spinning tops are not much of a big hit.Stupid

Damn... wish I'd been more active on the boards when this was posted... I was still job hunting at that point...
So, are these already out?
(Jun. 18, 2009  9:50 PM)matt2796 Wrote: So, are these already out?

The official launch (party) is tomorrow in Montreal. Not sure when they will be available in stores though... I imagine they will be for sale online... I'm not sure if the Mega brands site is selling individual pieces, or if you need to be a company to buy from them directly.

http://www.megabrands.com/Shop/Brands/Ba...k_Tsunami/
There's more parts to these than there are Beyblades. WTF.
One word:Awesome.I will 100% get into this game (not as much as beyblade though XD.Infact I wanna do a MFB VS a battle striker then a HMS vs a Battle striker then a plastic vs ..you know)But if the parts in Real life are gonna be like the ones on the site.then I suggest making some diffrent parts because alot of these seem the same.
This is looking at lot more interesting. I can't tell which parts would be best, though. It really is something that must be tested out. I'll be sure to pick one of these up. I'd also be glad to test for you if you'd send me a prototype.
I think most of this skill in this game is going to rely on the stamina of the tips, and the player's control with the magnets. The goal isn't so much to slow the other player down by friction of the two tops, as it is to just ram your opponent until they slow down.