Battle Strikers... heard of it?

(Aug. 09, 2009  2:31 PM)Aqua Wrote: ugh.. saw some Battle Strikers in a store the other day. Damn.. their so bulky and ugly LOL They look worse irl Chocked This will probably be like B-Daman though...not pick up very well and not last for long. Kids will be over this toy pretty quickly imo

Ouch. Lips_sealed

Considering the improvements that are planned, I would wait a bit longer before jumping to any conclusions. Imagine if we judged the entirety of Beyblade on this:

[Image: spindragoon1.jpg]
my friends got one and i smashed it with storm pegasis
it is a big copy of beyblade
im sorry but beyblade 4 lifeWink
but the are kinda strong i hav to admit
actually they are strong
but are like lego easy to smash
I'd just like to say to anyone preparing to defend it now that I'm working on the project not to worry about it too much. Obviously as a Blader I can relate to a lot of what you're saying, and if you have actual ideas and critique please feel free to post them and I'll take them into account Smile
(Aug. 09, 2009  8:48 PM)beysharkboy Wrote: my friends got one and i smashed it with storm pegasis
actually they are strong
Somehow I don't believe you. Rubber is a very hard thing to smash.
Smile
Just picked up Ninjutsu, Rhino and Tank (I wanted those 3)

Found'em at Wal-Mart. I did a quick check of the toy area, and saw a single Tsunami Starter sitting on a shelf, So I was on the hunt, and finally about 6 isles away from where I found the starter was a shelf with a bunch of the boosters.
Had to resist buying more. Tongue_out_wink
I think that the launcher has a srong substance but the way you launch is a bit restricted unlike beyblade were you do weird launches and can work.
(Aug. 10, 2009  12:20 AM)cutewolfsam Wrote: I think that the launcher has a srong substance but the way you launch is a bit restricted unlike beyblade were you do weird launches and can work.

In Beyblade, the only way to control your Beyblade is through the shot. In Strikers, you control it for the entirety of the battle, so I don't think complicated shooting techniques are the point. Plus, since each player can easily reach maximum RPM, it's more about control than whoever can pull the fastest.

That being said, there are a few shooting techniques you can use if you so desire.
Actually the one thing I haven't liked was the rubber on the Strikers. I got to see a few kids play with them and the battles lasted seconds after they touched. It seemed like a two contact match and one would stop spinning, lame IMO, but again I didn't know what they were using and felt a little awkward asking 11 year old's about it when I was walking past them.

I actually think they're quite attractive, well specific ones at least, so I intend to pick them up, none of my friends seem overly interested in the idea. Mostly they're too bulky for us, Beyblades were a great appeal to a lot because they were so portable, they're small, can fit into a pocket, and so far have more gadgets with them. That being said Strikers are just starting out, who knows, they may release something to get me hooked in the future, right now there's something... lacking about them for me.
(Aug. 10, 2009  12:36 AM)Hiro Ayami Wrote: Actually the one thing I haven't liked was the rubber on the Strikers. I got to see a few kids play with them and the battles lasted seconds after they touched. It seemed like a two contact match and one would stop spinning, lame IMO, but again I didn't know what they were using and felt a little awkward asking 11 year old's about it when I was walking past them.

I actually think they're quite attractive, well specific ones at least, so I intend to pick them up, none of my friends seem overly interested in the idea. Mostly they're too bulky for us, Beyblades were a great appeal to a lot because they were so portable, they're small, can fit into a pocket, and so far have more gadgets with them. That being said Strikers are just starting out, who knows, they may release something to get me hooked in the future, right now there's something... lacking about them for me.

That was well-put. I agree. They are too bulky, imo, currently.
Thanks for your comments, guys. Smile
Okay, I'm not sure if you know, but I'm not really a fan of the Battle Strikers concept. (I was originally against it, alot like you guys in the first few posts) But, if you guys can give Battle Strikers a chance, I guess I can too. BUT, if I ever hear someone say; "Battle Strikers are (way) better than Beyblades", or something like that, I'm not gonna let the chance to prove them wrong, okay?
I think their a rip.but they did get me back into beyblade so I do owe them that,
So, I was really disappointed today. Blue and I went down to Manhattan Square Park here in Rochester for the Turbo Tour event (as was posted on the Battle Striker's website). We waited around the park off and on from Noon until about 5 PM. We stepped out from about 2-3:30, but I don't think we would have wholly missed it in a window that small. The van never showed up. I suspect the event was canceled due to rain, but it would have been nice to see some sort of announcement about that on the website or something.
Umm isnt Battle Strikers the rival of Beyblade?
(Aug. 10, 2009  5:59 AM)StormDriger Wrote: Umm isnt Battle Strikers the rival of Beyblade?

Does it matter? There are hundreds of card games in the world, why can't there be two spinning top games?
Oh, what's this I woke up to this morning?

[Image: 112_0052.jpg]

[Image: 112_0055.jpg]

[Image: 112_0057.jpg]

Initial impression: Always bet on Skullor.
Awesome! :o

I'm so tempted to buy some Battle Strikers. Smile
battle strikers looks pretty good/initeresting to me, but

they all kinda look the same...
They don't have very many attack points do they?
There all round or nearly round and thats kinda dumb.
(Aug. 10, 2009  8:50 PM)AlphaBlader Wrote: They don't have very many attack points do they?
There all round or nearly round and thats kinda dumb.

MFB isn't that much different; the designs are much more subtle than previous generations.
The material has a lot to do with shape I'd imagine. Rubber and Metal can't get away with the more extravagant designs like plastic can. Rubber would have crazy recoil with more attack protrusions, and Metal can break.
(Aug. 09, 2009  8:48 PM)beysharkboy Wrote: my friends got one and i smashed it with storm pegasis
actually they are strong

The way you talk seems like you're a certain somebody who already got the boot to the pants on this forum.
I have picked up a Gauntlet, Tsunami, and Skullor. I plan on customizing a bit with them to see what works a little later. They seem like they will be fun.

Brad, do you think you could post how certain ones perform? I am interested to see how Turbine and Mauler perform.

Tank, just from the appearance, actually seems like the most defensive. I am really interested to see how Rhyno and Wolfen perform aswell.
The main problem for me with them is the aesthetics of them.
Each core looks identical from above, other than a color and sticker change and they just aren't interesting enough compared to the heavily detailed attack and defense parts.
I know the reasoning behind the identical cores is for Striker stacking, but still, there really should be something about them that's more individual, and aestheticaly pleasing.
Differentiation in materials would be a good start in developing the series further, but I think that changing the shape of the parts is just as, if not even more vital...
Currently they seem to be one of two shapes circular, or trangular.
Some star shapes would be interesting, and extended wing or ramp sections would also be really nice to see instead of similarly shaped sections depicting skulls, waves, and eagles.
Don't get me wrong, it's cool that the parts are given character, but when they all make the same triangle or circle, then there really isn't much point.
The king of the pet peeves for me though is the flat stadiums.
This seriously limits the types of tips that you're going to want to use, and pretty much completely rules out the use of flat tips.
Even if the stadium had a very slight curvature to it, it'd be a definite improvement.