Battle Strikers... heard of it?

(Mar. 20, 2009  1:06 AM)Driger Wrote: In about 2 years time and I walk into the corner shop and go to the Toy Section, I will see: Battle Strikers! Only 50p! And I would by it for fun.

Ouch! That was kinda harsh man.
hahaha i dont get the point of this toy Chocked_2
For sure, Dollar store toys! Tongue_out
(Mar. 20, 2009  1:11 AM)Driger Wrote: hahaha i dont get the point of this toy Chocked_2

I think the point is very clear; the execution on the other hand needs some refinement.
I think he/she is taking all our help to develop a better version. I am serious.
lol @ Driger XD :

(Mar. 20, 2009  1:06 AM)Driger Wrote: In about 2 years time and I walk into the corner shop and go to the Toy Section, I will see: Battle Strikers! Only 50p! And I would by it for fun.
you guys are mean.

I hope their product does really well.
Yeah guys, can we please keep it civil? I'm sure they understood the fray they were jumping into when they posted here.

If MEGA wants to send me a sample, I'll gladly take it and review it.
I don't think it's a bad toy, the over all concept is obviously one we all know and love here. It's difficult to suggest improvements to an already completed and (supposedly) hit toy from Hong Kong. They aren't going to revamp their entire toy line.
Maybe I'm just saying I dont want this to kill beyblade :\
I like the concept. hovewer, the execution was poor. The tops themself look bulky and lack of momentum and spin power. It need more weight! A more unique feel and capabilities for each of them is nessecary, as for now it almost all about the finger gimmick and the look alone that made it interesting. Also the finger controller could use a more elongated shape to reach the tops easier and more magnetic power will be nice.

The flat stadium is a big mistake IMO. One of the most integral feature in beyblade that the stadium has slopes that can be utilised by a good number of tips, such as flat, semi-flat, sharp, ball, metal tips, rubber, etc. to be used for many advantages (and moves, in this matter). Flat battle stadium can cause the battle to be boring.

As for the shooter, it looks decent for now. can't say much more, didn't have them Tongue_out

just my 2cents... and forgive my poor english, if any.
i think this toy is alright but part of what I like about beyblade is the recoil the action of the battle .with beyblade when the blade hit they go flying to the other end of the stadium with these toys it seem like its slowed down to snail like speed . bits i think you need to improve on is probaly giving them more speed and make the stadiums steeper because kids may as well use their desk
Well actually, in response to an earlier comment about the Hong Kong launch- this was b-reel shot from the Hong Kong Toy Fair (trade show, not open to the public). Worldwide, Battle Strikers will not be launched until July, so while key components of the toy (launcher, base striker parts, finger controller etc..) are in production, the customization doesn't actually need to take flight until after the launch (the consumers in the end are the ones who customize, not me..). So, like I said earlier, this is why I am here- to get feedback for future development of the product and customization.
Is this a toy for a younger demographic- absolutely, in general this is a boys 6-11 toy. However, in "marketing" terms, you all are what we call "Early Adapters" in that you are familiar with the play pattern and play with a toy similar to this one. You are the experts and it's always the experts you go to when doing marketing research.
I would also like to say, that I truly appreciate everyone's honesty with their opinions, and of course, anyone who would like a sample to review the toy, you are more than welcome to PM in regards to this. (Just be patient as I won't have completed samples until late April at the earliest)
It would be nice if the magnetic system inside the top could be free spinning. Also, the finger controller looks very clunky. It also gets in the way of each other in battle, especially during collisions. I suggest to replace it with a complete glove, possibly with one small attractive magnet in each fingertip like how it is now, and larger repulsive magnet in the palm so besides "pulling", the players can also push.

To improve competitiveness, there should be some penalty or other incentive for players to aim and strategize when hitting the opponent. Since there are no "ring outs" in this type of stadium, there could be regions where spin is reduced drastically.
(Mar. 20, 2009  2:54 PM)Nic Wrote: I suggest to replace it with a complete glove, possibly with one small attractive magnet in each fingertip like how it is now, and larger repulsive magnet in the palm so besides "pulling", the players can also push.

Having no Flash at the moment, the links didn't work for me so I haven't actually seen the product.....but I assumed from how people were talking that it would be like this. If it isn't then I suggest upgrading.....some sort of battle controller just sounds clunky and might get in the way.
However, if you made gloves you might want to make a pair or make some for left-handed people too? Is you 'controller' even multihanded?
Free samples would be pretty epic. Cool

Also, yay - Nic is back! I assume you're not back forever but it's good to know you're okay. Joyful_3
If you go onto YouTube and type in Battle Strikers, that should show you the video.
Yes, the turbo launcher and finger controller can definitely be used with the left and right hands. Again this is why I would love to send you guys samples- you can definitely "push" and "pull" your striker into action. The video does not truly do this toy justice in terms of speed and your ability to really "battle" with these things. If you keep these comments up, maybe I'll get a budget to have some vids made. Smile
Also- if any of you are in the Montreal area and want to come in and try these first hand, please feel free to PM me for details on that.
(Mar. 20, 2009  2:54 PM)Nic Wrote: I suggest to replace it with a complete glove, possibly with one small attractive magnet in each fingertip like how it is now, and larger repulsive magnet in the palm so besides "pulling", the players can also push.

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Blading-dream?page=7
12th post down...

Yeah so some sort of glove would be pretty cool but not like a bulky one more like a sleek, thin glove.

I believe this toy has some potiental and I like the concept Smile
(Mar. 20, 2009  3:13 PM)ambassador Wrote: Also- if any of you are in the Montreal area and want to come in and try these first hand, please feel free to PM me for details on that.
Unfortunately, I think this is going to be impossible for me. It is not a forgotten idea, but an unlikely one right now. However, I am glad to hear that your headquarters are in Montréal.
This reminds me of these dollar store toys I saw yesterday:

[Image: CASPTWI.jpg]
[Image: lasertop.jpg]

Do you prepare launch by winding the top onto the launcher like these? Because with speed like what I see in video in seems like it is an expanded verison of this idea.
(Mar. 19, 2009  9:18 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: To start, obviously this toy is based on Beyblade. There's nothing inherently wrong with this, however, Beyblade is a very well implemented form of spinning top and it's going to be hard to top it. With that being said, this seems inferior to Beyblade in almost every way.

As Arjun pointed out, they are really clunky looking. Also, as far as I can tell, they're not customizable. The whole thing just feels a little archaic, you understand? The shooting tech looks really bad, they seem to be spinning very slowly. Beyblade had some similar launchers to this but nobody uses them because of how bad they are. You claim 5000 RPM, but it's obviously spinning much slower than that.

The magnetic gimmick seems pretty interesting. However, I'm not convinced it would stay captivating for a long period of time. It's obvious this product is ready to go to market though, so I'm curious about what you plan to gain from conversing with us about it.

Everything that I would have said has been said already, and what Brad said there really sums it up for me.

Nic's idea about having regions where spin is reduced drastically is something you should definitely consider due to the lack of ring-outs.
This is totally going to make me sound like a bit of an idiot- but pray-tell what is a "ring-out"
(Mar. 20, 2009  7:33 PM)ambassador Wrote: This is totally going to make me sound like a bit of an idiot- but pray-tell what is a "ring-out"

A KO. Like, knocking the other top out of the stadium.

Due to the nature of this toy, the impacts are barely noticeable. When you watch videos of Beyblades, it's exciting to see how they get knocked around and out and up in the air. Because the kids hands need to be so close to the tops, they obviously cannot spin very fast. Beyblade's Magnesystem from 2002 seemed to execute this idea better.

Also, I'm willing to bet that if I just shoot my top and only touch it to keep it from hitting the sides of the stadium, I'll win more than someone who maneuvers it around.
(Mar. 20, 2009  7:33 PM)ambassador Wrote: This is totally going to make me sound like a bit of an idiot- but pray-tell what is a "ring-out"

Essentially it is when one top knocks the other out of the stadium, hence 'ring out'.

EDIT: Beaten by Brad.
I'd be willing to test this out however you'd have to send to the UK. I'd like to compare it to the Magnecore and see how well it fairs up. Also the finger thing is a good idea, no ring outs make Giga said panda Smith
Well the lucky thing for us is that we do have offices around the world, so sending a sample to the UK is not impossible. It just may take a bit longer.

I would ask that anyone who is interested in receiving samples PM me, so that when I do have samples in, I don't have to wade my way through this thread to track down those who are in want of them. Otherwise, you may get left out of the fun.