BB-91 Ray Gil 100RSF Draft: Finished at Last!

Hey guys, here's my rough draft for Ray Gil. This is my first time, so please bear with me. Also, please don't hold back on the constructive criticism. Also, thank you to ShadowPegasis for giving some edits on the Ray section. Thanks to ♥ as well. I used Blitz Unicorno 100RSF sections, which includes 100 and RSF.

I got the weights from here: http://kyoganken.web.fc2.com/beymf/pweight.htm

Ray Gil 100RSF

Face: Gil

The Face depicts the Carina constellation, one of the 88 constellations in space.

Clear Wheel: Gil
Weight: 2.7 grams
The Gil Clear Wheel has an asymmetrical design with a translucent purple color along with light blue details. One side of Gil features a dragon’s head, while the latter depicts the bones of its feet. The rest of Gil is the bones of a dragon's body.

Since Gil's shape is asymmetrical, this makes it very unbalanced. Due to the weight being different on both sides, the Gil Clear Wheel should not be used for any competitive combos, as its weight distribution is off.

Metal Wheel: Ray
Weight: 29.6 grams
Metal Wheel: Ray
Ray has a relatively thin, slightly bumpy, three-winged design. Between each of these "wings" are small gaps, which allow the blunt ends of each wing to provide a small amount of Smash Attack. Additionally, along each wing there are two indents which follow the contours of the Metal Wheel; these indents are pronounced enough to provide additional Spike Attack and work in tandem with the aforementioned blunt ends of each wing. Ray's window to KO the opponent is quite small, as its Smash Attack is only prominent at the very high spin velocities found at the beginning of each battle.

Ray has fallen into disuse since the introduction of RS and other rubber-based Defense Bottoms, as it has tremendous difficulty KOing such Bottoms. And, there are also numerous other Metal Wheels that outclass it, such as VariAres and Blitz.

IMPORTANT: Mold Variations
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray has two different molds. The first mold was released in the Ray Unicorno D125CS Starter Set, and the second mold was released with the Ray Unicorno D125CS Aurora Version, the Ray Unicorno D125CS Booster Set, and Ray Gil 100RSF. The second mold rectifies the original mold’s breakage problems, with the gaps between the second mold are slightly wider and are more rounded on the inner gaps of Ray than the original mold.

Track: 100
Weight: 1.0 grams
This track is currently the third lowest track available, but is outclassed in terms of Attack and Stamina by the 85 and 90 Tracks. 100 usually has no problem with floor scrapes, and while it is generally an outclassed part, is still competitively viable, particularly in Attack customizations where it is able to make good contact with most opposing Beyblades.

Bottom: Rubber Semi-Flat
Weight: 0.7 grams
RSF, or Rubber Semi-Flat, is an SF Bottom completely made out of rubber. It is essentially a flat tip with a smaller radius, affording it a firm, defensive grip on the Stadium, but still allowing for a somewhat aggressive movement pattern with the proper launch. Its drawbacks, however, are that it has shown major weaknesses against Left-Spin Beyblades such as Lightning L Drago, much like RS. RSF, like most Rubber Performance Tips, suffers from poor Stamina, although it has been shown to have slightly more Stamina than RS, due to a wider surface area, resulting in better balance at the end of a battle.

IMPORTANT: Mold Variations
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RSF has two Mold variations. The RSF's included in Random Booster Vol.7 Beat Lynx, specifically with the Bey Tornado Horuseus 130RSF. This mold appears to be made of a softer rubber, and thereby behaves more aggressively than other molds. This should be taken into consideration when choosing a method of obtaining an RSF. The RSF included with Blitz Unicorno 100RSF is of the harder rubber variant.

Use in Defense customization
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RSF can be utilized in the Defense customization MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145RSF.
Overall:
Ray Gil mainly consists of outclassed parts, with the exception of RSF, which comes with the infinitely more useful Blitz Unicorno 100RSF. There is little reason to buy this Beyblade outside of collection purposes.
Don't think you need to mention ray outclasses storm cause all current top tier attack wheels do. Look at the weights of MFB thread for the weight of Ray and unicorno. Overall I think the article is pretty good in it's current state although I think some defence combos using RSF should be given.
(Nov. 26, 2010  6:39 PM)megablader2 Wrote: Don't think you need to mention ray outclasses storm cause all current top tier attack wheels do. Look at the weights of MFB thread for the weight of Ray and unicorno. Overall I think the article is pretty good in it's current state although I think some defence combos using RSF should be given.

Fixed, thanks. I added the staple Defense customizations to RSF, but I'm not sure if I should. I've seen Okiblaze's testing with Dark Aquario, and it legitimately destroyed Ray Gil 100RF.

EDIT: NVM
Put Earth Bull/Aquario since they are both on the top tier list.
Edited and added weights to the OP.
this is nice for a first try i had a first try too on meteo l drago a few scrolling down(bad garmmar i no its only inter slang) anyway, its pretty good but we need more than just a few lines for everything. The metal wheel and overall is the only parts that have any real substance, but i guess its up to kei. ill make mine when i get it so we can compare, is that fine with you?
I have no problem with that.
RSF should have more Stamina in-battle than RS, considering it does not fall prey to such balance issues.
erm maye you should add more to the face no matter if its off topic ^6 exhaduration nyway heres what i would have put

The Face depicts the Carina constellation, which is the keel of a boat. Like with any other HWS2 bey Takara Tomy have released, thay have chosen to paint the motif onto the face with the option of applying decals.

or compared to the hasbro mfbs, takara tomy has chosen to implement a new design on their beys, in which the motif is painted onto it.

is that any help?
@ littlechipz: Yes, but the thing is, the articles one the Beywiki keep the Face part short and simple, so I would usually follow that.

@ Mc Frown: Edited. Thanks, I thought due to the fact RSF had more surface coverage it would lose, but then I remebered the balance problem of RS.
I've edited some tidbits and stuff.

Is it safe to say that 100 has shown to be better than 145 at Stamina? I know it's not in the Competitive MFB Combos list, but I think it's pretty obvious who would win. Also, due to Mc Frown's statements of RSF, I temporarily put RSF's possibility of outclassing RS, so more testing on which is better would be awesome.

Any opinions?
(Nov. 28, 2010  5:11 AM)Ray Joker Wrote: I've edited some tidbits and stuff.

Is it safe to say that 100 has shown to be better than 145 at Stamina? I know it's not in the Competitive MFB Combos list, but I think it's pretty obvious who would win. Also, due to Mc Frown's statements of RSF, I temporarily put RSF's possibility of outclassing RS, so more testing on which is better would be awesome.

Any opinions?

it does show to have good stamina qualities but the problem is they are a breeze to stadium out, that is, easier than the current staple stamina track, plus you never know what your opponent may use in a tournament, so I would stick with 145 and AD145 as the current stamina track and remove the part with 100 being good with stamina, use the description from the lightning l drago article instead to keep it consistant :\
Higher (145, AD145) track stamina types receiving attacks from beys like Quetz 90RF and Vulcan 85RF would get destroyed, and so would from MF Pegasis 145RF. Either way, Attack types would dominate over Stamina anyways.

But then if you think of it from a Defensive point of view, good defense types aren't supposed to have much recoil, hence why stadium outs between Stamina and Defense don't happen.
I'm not so sure about stating that RSF is better then RS. It's true that RS has balance issues but these balance issues aren't a problem in a survival sense against RF based attack types due to it having greater defense then RSF while being able to out spin an RF opponent quite easily.

RS's balance issues only become a real problem when facing Lightning L Drago or Meteo L Drago though RSF suffers from the same weakness achieving an incredibly poor win rate against left spin combinations.
Thanks, Fyuuor. I edited the OP, and listed the weakness about RSF against Left-Spin Beys.

I also eliminated RSF's possibility to beat RS. They both are somewhat equal in my opinion.

Thanks again.
Should Ray Gil be recommended to all bladers?

Ray comes with the more useful Ray Unicorno, 100 comes with Lightning L Drago, and RSF is outclassed by RS.

Everything obtained here can be gotten from infinitely more useful beys, so I don't see purchasing Ray Gil, honestly.
(Dec. 06, 2010  4:33 AM)Ray Joker Wrote: Should Ray Gil be recommended to all bladers?

Ray comes with the more useful Ray Unicorno, 100 comes with Lightning L Drago, and RSF is outclassed by RS.

Everything obtained here can be gotten from infinitely more useful beys, so I don't see purchasing Ray Gil, honestly.

yeah, it is not a must buy, I would say if you can't buy ray unicorno but of course ray unicorno is more easily obtained than ray gill however it does look really cool Grin
Ray Unicorno, however, comes with the infinitely more useful CS.
RSF has purposes, but as of now CS shows more viable use.
So I guess I'll change it?

Since CS is more viable?
also in alot of pictures i have seen that one part of it seems to be wider than the other, does this affect the balance? and would it make it non symetrical?
I honestly don't think it's asymmetrical design will affect it a lot.
100 Attack uses are left out. Such as MF LLDrago 100RF.
There are a lot though.

I don't see any combinations on the 100 Track on L Drago in the Beywiki, though, so might as well keep it the same.
That's cause when it was written there weren't any... Anyway the combo he just said is top tier so why shouldn't you add it? Also I disagree with you overall section. Yes the parts can be obtained from other places but this is still a good bey to have since RSF is a useful alternative to RS for defence. It is definatly not a buy just for collection when it has 2 top tier parts. Also has RSF even tested for attack? It may have a use for attack and defence like CS does.