B:D Discussion

Well 100D didnt turn out very good in my Bolt Blast (mah BB10s are somewhere between Japan and Hawaii, will be able to make tests soon.) I will try and find a Gravity Destroyer.
(Oct. 07, 2011  1:15 AM)Galaxy Jay Wrote: Well 100D didnt turn out very good in my Bolt Blast (mah BB10s are somewhere between Japan and Hawaii, will be able to make tests soon.) I will try and find a Gravity Destroyer.
Bolt Blast is not that good, even for Hasbro. MXS, LF, and Super Vortex (for solo spin times only) would be better to use, if you have them. Of course, the ATK stadium is best, but you don't have one yet.
Hence the reason I dont help much here. But when I used the combo, it was EXTREMELEY exposed for attacks from above. The opposing bey was Fang Leone (Counter Mode) ED145MF.
(Oct. 07, 2011  12:34 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote:
(Oct. 06, 2011  9:49 PM)ControL_ Wrote:
(Oct. 06, 2011  10:44 AM)Chups Wrote: Scythe is the best on this. From what i've seen.
Really? I think Phantom is, since it does outspin scythe on it.

Phantom BGrin vs Scythe BGrin

Or

Phantom BGrin vs Scythe BD145EDS

Or

Phantom [x] vs Scythe BGrin?

About the second test phantom will take it easily since when EDS is hit from above it looses a lot of spin. That is why Scythe EDS fails against anything about 145.

I think it would be best to do comparatives with Scythe BGrin and Phantom BGrin.
I think it'd be best to do a zillion BGrin vs BGrin tests. Every top stamina wheel one could think of.
True that would be great but we would have to make sure the user has 2 B Grin's that spin for about the same time.
(Oct. 07, 2011  12:34 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: Phantom BGrin vs Scythe BGrin

Or

Or

Some of those are already on the OP

(Oct. 06, 2011  10:44 AM)Chups Wrote: Scythe is the best on this. From what i've seen.

Actually, after tests, personally, I feel Scythe is one of the worst wheels for B: D

MF-L Sycthe Rex (Stamina Mode) B: D vs. MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230 CS
MF-L Sycthe Rex B: D: 4 wins (4 OS)
MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230 CS: 16 win (4 OS, 12 KO)
B: D win percentage: 20%

MF-L Sycthe Rex (Stamina Mode) B: D vs. MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145 CS
MF-L Sycthe Rex B: D: 5 wins (5 OS)
MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145 CS: 15 win (3 OS, 12 KO)
B: D win percentage: 25%

MF-L Sycthe Rex (Stamina Mode) B: D vs. MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145 MB
MF-L Sycthe Rex B: D: 8 wins (8 OS)
MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145 MB: 12 win (4 OS, 8 KO)
B: D win percentage: 40%

** I didn't think 8 KO was even possible with MB

MF-L Sycthe Rex (Stamina Mode) B: D vs. MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230 MF
MF-L Sycthe Rex B: D: 9 wins (9 OS)
MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230 MF: 11 win (9 OS, 2 KO)
B: D win percentage: 45%

MF-L Sycthe Rex (Stamina Mode) B: D vs. MF-H VariAres R145 RF
MF-L Sycthe Rex B: D: 1 wins (1 OS)
MF-H VariAres R145 RF: 19 win (19 KO)
B: D win percentage: 5%

MF-L Sycthe Rex (Stamina Mode) B: D vs. MF-H VariAres R145 RSF
MF-L Sycthe Rex B: D: 7 wins (7 OS)
MF-H VariAres R145 RSF: 13 win (13 KO)
B: D win percentage: 35%

MF-L Sycthe Rex (Stamina Mode) B: D vs. MF-H VariAres R145 MF
MF-L Sycthe Rex B: D: 0 wins (0 OS)
MF-H VariAres R145 RSF: 20 win (20 KO)
B: D win percentage: 0%

(I've always had better control using MF for attacks, since my rubber tips are too fast to control for my launches.)

Stock Phantom Orion B: D 1st time solo spin (A2 B: D)
5:38
5:27
5:35
5:41
Average: 5:35

Additional confirmation:
B: D's height is 215 mm. As a comparison;
TH170 (170) + WD is 222 mm. It's ever so slightly shorter.

I think that this is a tricky height to be in. Metal wheel selection will be limited. I personally feel Phantom would be the best choice for B: D, due to the patterns underneath it, regardless of modes.

The best suited clear wheel for this height would definitely be Cancer / Giraffe against TH170 and 230 variants.
Nice results. But the percentage on the last one should be 0.
ahh yep.. writing error, it's fixed now.. Thank you.
(Oct. 07, 2011  3:34 AM)Uwik Wrote:

Or

Or

ah, I was actually asking which one ControL_ was referring to.
I forgot to add descriptions on the tests, so here goes:

Admittedly, Sycthe B: D has excellent balance, and great solo spin also, unfortunately, in this case, it didn't translate well in battles. The KO rates were surprisingly absurd.

Against 230, the CW exposure is definitely not working. It's pushed downward, making it lose spin considerably, also known as Force Smash-ed. This combo is one of the instances where Force Smash is completely very much noticeable.

The grip on B: D against 145 on Rubber / MF is also a bit of a disappointment. It didn't even bother catching the tornado ridge. It just slid right of for a KO.
(Oct. 07, 2011  4:05 AM)Uwik Wrote: The grip on B: D against 145 on Rubber / MF is also a bit of a disappointment. It didn't even bother catching the tornado ridge. It just slid right of for a KO.

Did it do it alot? As in go straight at the center with somewhat high velocity?
Being forced smashed would require the actual slopes of the opposing metal wheel pushing down, not the opposing wheel hitting it downwards when losing spin, thats just a wobbler, which something like Basalt 230CS is.
Force smashing would be like the underside of Quetzalcoatl or to some extent Gravity hitting the opposing bey and smashing/forcing it down. Though this is an extremely fine line, the difference is just the slopes of the opposing wheel.
My phantom orion BD seems to spin longer in attack mode.
Stamina mode spin times:
5:40
5:27
Attack Mode spin times:
6:06
6:12
5:59

(Oct. 07, 2011  4:10 AM)Galaxy Jay Wrote:
(Oct. 07, 2011  4:05 AM)Uwik Wrote: The grip on B: D against 145 on Rubber / MF is also a bit of a disappointment. It didn't even bother catching the tornado ridge. It just slid right of for a KO.

Did it do it alot? As in go straight at the center with somewhat high velocity?

I'm not sure I understand your question. Please rephrase?

(Oct. 07, 2011  4:11 AM)Dan Wrote: Being forced smashed would require the actual slopes of the opposing metal wheel pushing down, not the opposing wheel hitting it downwards when losing spin, thats just a wobbler, which something like Basalt 230CS is.
Force smashing would be like the underside of Quetzalcoatl or to some extent Gravity hitting the opposing bey and smashing/forcing it down. Though this is an extremely fine line, the difference is just the slopes of the opposing wheel.

I see. My definition for Force Smash is somewhat different to that. As in, "Heavy" "Taller" and just hammer away. I suppose the slopes underneath does play a role. You do have a point.

Regardless, the result is the same. Sycthe B: D is knocked downward off balance, making it lose a lot of stamina.
Did it go straight into the flower pattern? No stalling (I think thats when the bey stops moving at an area when its designed to move alot) by the tornado ridge?
Stalling is just going around the stadium in a circle continuously.
(Oct. 07, 2011  4:25 AM)Galaxy Jay Wrote: Did it go straight into the flower pattern? No stalling (I think thats when the bey stops moving at an area when its designed to move alot) by the tornado ridge?

145 RF goes straight into the flower pattern.
145 RSF goes straight into inside the ridge flower pattern for 4-5 seconds than centered
145 MF stops for 1-2 seconds behind a wall, then perfect flower pattern
230 MF Tornado stall for a while, then really wide and lazy flower pattern
Wowzers, never expected BGrin to be so good.
I bet it's the NSK bearing.
Since I don't have BGrin, anyone care tot test out MF-H Forbidden Bull BGrin?
Hmm, That was just from what Ive seen at a Tournament. Not any real testing or anything. I guess I was in the wrong to just say that without any testing. Thanks for going to the time to do those tests. Only thing I dont like about phantom is the recoil. Otherwise it's the best choice for it. I still think scythe is a worthy wheel for it.
Yeah, I was hugely disappointed too. I had high hopes for it. To be honest, it's not directly Sycthe that is the issue. It's more towards Sycthe on B: D's fixed height. It's not a good height for Sycthe to have.
(Oct. 07, 2011  3:51 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote:
(Oct. 07, 2011  3:34 AM)Uwik Wrote:

Or

Or

ah, I was actually asking which one ControL_ was referring to.
Phantom B: D is the one I was referring to.

Basalt B: D is the alternative top.

Someone said Phantom B: D had too much recoil, Scythe has just as much, there are two bulges on the side for heavens' sake, we know from testing that Scythe without BD145CS can get knocked out of the way, hey most stamina metal wheels do great with BD145CS.

Thank you for the tests, Uwik. As far as this goes, Phantom could have potential in Stamina Mode as an Attack Type..
Heh, I agree
Although, Phantom Orion's BGrin is not he reeason why its stamina is off the charts. Its the Phantom wheel. Think about it, Its about 42mm wide and weighs 40.31g. In total, its 50.21, including the weight of the core and BGrin which are 3.45g( BGrin) and 2.48 (core). The most intresting thing i found out about this bey tho was when hit, it doesnt take alot of damage until it leans and the BGrin stops spining due to the iron bearing and the upper top part keeps spinning. Also, when hit, in stamina mode, it seems to refect the attack and spin even more, as seen in the anime.
Has Basalt already been proven to be useless on this bottom or are people just afraid to test it?
Were all those results from straight shots because the straight shot seems like a bad idea IMO?