B:D Discussion

guys i'm new but thru out my testing with BGrin and PD, i realized that BGrin does prove that it have more stamina than AD145WD only with MF-H Basalt Bull.. with other MF-H ?????? Bull, the result prove that it's weaker than AD145WD.. perhaps its cause of the weight? and for PD unless it's MF-H Hell Bull/Kerbac BD145 (boost) with it's longest width, otherwise PD is useless compare to WD.. what do you guys think?
Dude, post results, plus, do you see how old this thread is?
(Dec. 09, 2011  8:34 AM)qwertxj3 Wrote: Dude, post results, plus, do you see how old this thread is?

The thread's age is meaningless if he has something to post that is related to the part's testing, as long as the part is still a relevant piece of the metagame.

Tests would still be preferable to no tests, however, shiwei.
all test was done on BB-32 stadium (no idea what the stadium called) together with my brother using light launcher.

MF-H Basalt Bull BGrin VS MF-H Basalt Bull AD145WD
MF-H Basalt Bull BGrin won 14/20 (10OS 4KO)
MF-H Basalt Bull AD145WD won 6/20 (4OS 2KO)
BGrin win rate: 70%

MF-H Phantom Orion BGrin VS MF-H Phantom Orion AD145WD
MF-H Phantom Orion BGrin won 3/20
MF-H Phantom Orion AD145WD won 17/20
BGrin win rate: 15%

Orion instead of Bull was used here as after some test using MF-H Phantom Orion AD145WD VS MF-H Phantom Bull AD145WD, MF-H Phantom Orion AD145WD won 13/20. further 20 more rounds result in MF-H Phantom Orion AD145WD won 12/20, the result is quite surprising and the only reason i can think of is perhaps due to the design of Bull and its weight distribution causes unbalance to Phantom when used together?

MF-H Scythe Kronos BGrin VS MF-H Scythe Kronos AD145WD
MF-H Scythe Kronos BGrin won 8/20
MF-H Scythe Kronos AD145WD won 12/20
BGrin win rate: 40%

Kronos was used instead of Bull cause both made no difference however when tried against MF-H Flame Byxis 230WD, the recoil when Bull hit the bottom of Flame causes MF-H Scythe Bull AD145WD to "Jump" further than MF-H Scythe Kronos AD145WD. that's why MF-H Scythe Kronos AD145WD was used as it's overall better IMO.
that´s a little bit suprising for me, I mean that B: D works better than ad145wd on phantom and scythe, or not?
because it´s an akin form but B: D is a littlebit higher and has bearings+ freespinning tip. could someone else test those battles ? (at the moment I didn´t have 2 phantoms)
(Dec. 09, 2011  8:37 PM)Glowfire1 Wrote: that´s a little bit suprising for me, I mean that B: D works better than ad145wd on phantom and scythe, or not?
because it´s an akin form but B: D is a littlebit higher and has bearings+ freespinning tip. could someone else test those battles ? (at the moment I didn´t have 2 phantoms)

my test show no but not sure about others.. in my test the bearings + freespinning tip and it's little higher height played against itself with phantom and scythe.. as it wobbles it gets harder to find its balance back, and getting hit when it wobbles cause it to wobbles even more instead of balancing back.. only with Basalt it works as what it was expected to do.. my thinking is that it might have something to do with the overall weight and radius of the MW..
I thought I would just post my spin times for my Sonokong Phantom Orion BGrin. Its in the Hasbro PTW because I don't have an attack stadium yet. If you want me to do tests with the Attack Stadium wait until Sunday.

My Phantom Orion spun for:

1. 4:08
2. 4:36
3. 4:15
4: 4:58
actually does spraying some WD-40 into the BGrin bearing considered illegal for tournament?
Yes. Modification of any kind to a part that makes meaningful contact is completely and totally illegal...
Hazel: really?! i thought its only modification would be illegal but spraying WD-40 to reduce friction in the bearing considered illegal too? =/ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WD-40
He was quite clear, and is only reflecting the exact same information that is found in the Standard Rules.

This is 100% illegal. If you've already done it, that part is illegal for play - and in case you're wondering, yes, we can detect when it has been applied...
No I have not applied it yet.. If it's illegal that means I just wasted buying my new sonokong phantom orion.. There's some rust in the bearing eventhough it's new.. =(
My B:D was Sonokong and it was fine. There was no rust. I think yours was a mistake in the manafacturing.
I have all 3 sonokongs.. Unable to find any TTs.. 1 is good with not much rattling.. After breaking in it last more than 8min in the stadium and more than 6 min launched on bed in my solo test in MF-H Scythe Kronos (Stamina) BGrin.. The other one rattles alot even after breaking in and the last one have some rust making it hard to spin and ends up working like a wider WD.
today I get one from sonokong and out of box Phantom B: D could spin 7-8 min
my TT is older but spins 5:50
so I think his/her stadium is not good or his/her B: D has some problems( or he/she is not stong enough( but that I don´t think))
B:D are prone to manufacturing inconsistencies, Glowfire.
Got my Phantom Orion BGrin last year and the results are quite good out of the box so I guess I got a good mold of it. I have recorded its previous solo time tests and I decided to do another spin test to see if it has gotten better.

BGrin mold - A3
Stadium - BB-10 Attack Stadium
Launcher - Standard Beylauncher with Launcher Rubber

1st - 05:36.16
2nd - 05:53.81
3rd - 04:40.16

I got another BGrin and made an experiment if lubrication will have an effect on spin time. BGrin Mold - A2
(note that I lubricated the bearing only ONCE to hasten the break-in)

1st - 06:24.19
2nd - 07:14.88
3rd - 07:30.14
4th - 06: 34.43
5th - 06:34.93

the lubricated BGrin significantly improved than the untouched one but the times are quite inconsistent since most are within the 6min range but I was glad that It finally reached the 7min mark like it was supposed to be; but then again, using this for play is totally prohibited.
You've lubricated the bearing once too many times. That part is now illegal for play and the spin time is meaningless for the rest of us.
i'm having problems with my Bearing Drive
does that 'click'
thing over and over again
the tip kind of sways like a pendulum sometimes
i think it's defected.any help?
and how do you come to know whether it's A1 or A3 mold?
Uncertain
(Oct. 24, 2012  8:10 AM)zeneo Wrote: i'm having problems with my Bearing Drive
does that 'click'
thing over and over again
the tip kind of sways like a pendulum sometimes
i think it's defected.any help?
and how do you come to know whether it's A1 or A3 mold?
Uncertain
1. I think this belongs in "Ask a Question Get an Answer". Posting pictures of it there would help with the question.

2. I think there's a small imprint that tells the name of the mold.

Hello WBO! I am going to attempt to post my first tests, just from observing others doing so. I have only been here for a little while, so please correct me if I make a mistake or do something incorrectly. Thanks! :)
This is my first testing, and I am relatively new and less experienced, so please do some tests of your own and correct me if I have made an error. Thanks guys! :)
From my experiance, bearing drive isn't good with zero g beys cause they ar either too lite weight or too heavy.
(Apr. 03, 2013  5:30 PM)Draciel Master Wrote: From my experiance, bearing drive isn't good with zero g beys cause they ar either too lite weight or too heavy.

I don't really know what you mean, but if you are saying that BGrin doesn't work with synchrome, I strongly disagree. If you are saying that it doesn't work in a zero-G stadium, then there are plenty of tests to confirm that BGrin work beautifully. Currently, one of the "top teir" combos for zero G, and perhaps the best, is Reviser dragooon BGrin. Keep testing though, you'll learn a lot! Smile (Sorry if I didn't get what you meant. Tongue_out)
No ... B: D is good in zero-g stadiums, with zero-g combos ...
Erm no actually I don't think it could. It has major disadvantages against several common heights and is knocked out easily. I don't think those test results are accurate and regardless of that testing attack against two different stamina combos with different bottoms proves nothing about the bottom's defence ability since they'll both be screwed over. When it gets regularly knocked out by things that aren't attack based and defenders with some motion (BD145RDF combos which are pretty common) that's where the obvious problem arises. B:D uses lie in Spin stealers and combos to go against spin stealers and not much else.