B:D Discussion

Heads up guys, this thread will be merged into the original BGrin Discussion thread soon.

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-B-D-Discussion
(Apr. 03, 2013  5:48 PM)Uwik Wrote: Heads up guys, this thread will be merged into the original BGrin Discussion thread soon.

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-B-D-Discussion

Woah! Phew... I couldn't find it. I guess I should've just posted here. Sorry about that. Thanks Uwik! Smile
@theblackdragon I agree. However I'm not completely sure, but I've heard somewhere that B: D has bad balance, which causes the bey to tilt a lot hit, and being hit from below makes it loose spin faster somehow. Anyways, THAT I don't know for myself since I don't use my B: D much, so ill be doing tests later today. Also, B: D could be that good, still not everyone will prefer maybe because of the mold difference, not all molds of B: D are good. On average most of them last like 4 minutes, but in some cases its spin time is 2 minutes. Which would cause confusion in non-experienced bladers and maybe could not do so good. Also B: D is a relatively fragile part, and a bit hard to get since it only comes with Phantom Orion. Plus some could prefer a different height for their stamina combos.
I don't think BGrin is meant for a BB-10. The reason 60% results were obtained with BGrin was because Revizer Revizer is an outstanding defense type synchrome in itself.
*Goes to tournaments with stock Phantom Orion BGrin. Opponent uses Flash Escolpio S130 RF. Phantom Orion BGrin does a Start Blast Attack. Outside the stadium *
I think Phantom's Clear Wheel and Metal Wheel show more potential in the BB-10 than BGrin
I liked your effort of giving BGrin some much needed attention
Revizer Revizer BGrin is an okay combo

On a different note-
Can someone test Genbull Genbull B:.D against Revizer Dragooon B:.D?
I would love to see the results...
(Apr. 03, 2013  6:04 PM)Infinity Wrote: @theblackdragon

Yes, but no one prefers a different height, because they are all suggesting W145. Also, it doesn't lean over that much, and even when it does, it causes the tip to remain stationary as the rest of the bey spins, increasing it's grip, since the tip is not moving. It leans over, but I have not personally ever had problems with it. It tends to stand straight back up when it is hit, so during battle, it will most likely not lean over much, if at all. Plus, it's not like WD never leans over. Smile
On a different note-
@Zenoe. I used Reviser Reviser on the AD145WD combo too. They had the exact same metal wheel.
So, if compared, the tips have different qualities. I am not saying that BGrin has good defense, at least, not compared to CS,RDF,RB,etc. but it should not be rejected for having less defense than WD, which I don't think it does. Thanks for your opinion though. Smile
(Apr. 03, 2013  6:14 PM)zeneo Wrote: On a different note-

That would just tell us the property of the synchromes, not the B:D itself, which is what this topic is about.

---

@theblackdragon: B:D does have an excellent solo spin, but unfortunately, it does not translate as well in a battle. In term of stamina battle alone, personally I feel that it's up to par with AD145/W145 WD, but if you take its defense property into consideration, it is not as safe a choice as AD145/W145 WD. It is like what Ultra said, B:D has an awkward height that makes it easier to get knocked around / toppled. The whole thing is not so much about the actual bottom shape, which is in a way, similar to D/WD/SD. The height of ~ 21mm - 22mm does not do too well in a meta populated with 145-230 (plus the bottom). It's a whole different story though for the heavily 'sloped' Zero G stadiums.

Anyway, everybody has a different view and preference. If you feel that B:D works better for you, then cool. Nothing wrong with that.
Thanks! Just one question though. Isn't bearing drive the same height as an AD145WD set-up? :\
I just checked, and I think it's a little bit taller.
(Apr. 03, 2013  9:04 PM)theblackdragon Wrote: Thanks! Just one question though. Isn't bearing drive the same height as an AD145WD set-up? :\

Its closer to the 160 height.
(Apr. 03, 2013  9:05 PM)Outnumbered Wrote: I just checked, and I think it's a little bit taller.

Really? Hmmm... Mine is the same. Are the different molds different heights? Mine is an A2. Smile
I just made an extensive comparative test of B:D vs AD145EWD (sorry, no W145) and here are the results:

B:D vs AD145EWD
vs Stamina tests (Click to View)
Mirror test (Click to View)
Attack test (to compare defensive power) (Click to View)
My conclusion is that at least for me, B:D is superior for stamina. Could not be the case for everyone, so I'd like more people to test this. My B:D was a Hasbro, 4:30~5 minute mold
If you're gonna do stamina comparative tests you need to have similar setups. IE Duo Cancer vs Duo Cancer or Phantom vs Phantom with parts switched out every 10 rounds.
(Apr. 03, 2013  10:23 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: If you're gonna do stamina comparative tests you need to have similar setups. IE Duo Cancer vs Duo Cancer or Phantom vs Phantom with parts switched out every 10 rounds.

I'm not really that good at testing since this would be like my first time. Also because I didn't had 2 of Duo or Phantom I made the Basalt test to try and make up for that.
(Apr. 03, 2013  10:23 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: If you're gonna do stamina comparative tests you need to have similar setups. IE Duo Cancer vs Duo Cancer or Phantom vs Phantom with parts switched out every 10 rounds.

Well, I think he switched the tips in between tests. In both cases, whichever bey use BGrin won. So, in the end, Duo won when it used BGrin, and phantom won when it used BGrin. So it was kinda like a mirror test. Tongue_out
(Apr. 04, 2013  2:03 AM)theblackdragon Wrote: Well, I think he switched the tips in between tests. In both cases, whichever bey use BGrin won. So, in the end, Duo won when it used BGrin, and phantom won when it used BGrin. So it was kinda like a mirror test. Tongue_out

No its really not. D4D wheels like Phantom & Duo are known for having weight varying weights from mold to mold.
Alright, I did some more tests. Please tell me if I posted them wrong :)

Phantom orion B:D vs. Phantom orion AD145WD
WD brand new. B:D A2 mold, broken in. L/R beylauncher used for both. beys alternated launching first.
Detailed results:
B:D: 10/10 (1 KO, 9 OS)
AD145WD: 0/10 (0 KO, 0 OS)
Phantom orion B:D win rate: 100%

Wow, you guys really made me realize that B:D has a few balance issues against different heights, but mine can still easily out-spin AD145WD, and I am still skeptical about it being KOed easier than WD. Could just be me though. :)
I also agree with infinity that part of B:D's defensive advantage is that the tip can stop completely win it reaches the ridge near the edge of the stadium, without losing much RPM because of the bearings, whereas WD would slip over, since it continues to spin. I also realized that B:D seemed to lose less spin from being smashed into a wall, and seemed to recover faster.

(@ Dark Mousey. This would be considered a mirror test, right?)
I am not sure what is going on, but Bearing Drives have different mold, it goes as low as 2 min if you have bad one, ok one is 5 min, and Best is 7 min. If you go on beyblade geeks channel, they used a rev up with a stock phantom orion, and it spun 7 min.
(Apr. 04, 2013  2:31 AM)theblackdragon Wrote: Alright, I did some more tests. Please tell me if I posted them wrong :)
These tests are good. And yes B:D has a few balance issues which affect the bey mostly depending on the metal wheel, since my Duo didn't had any trouble even when it leaned. I think B:D is a valid stamina bottom for top tier combinations. (Depending on the mold thought) I guess B:D doesn't do as good with all metal wheels, in my case Duo leaned a lot less than Phantom, and recovered a lot faster when hit from below. Also I think maybe a MF-M could help with the leaning... I'll test that out tomorrow.
It Would be nice if more people tested this out :/ I'm thinking everyone else is skeptical about this... And I understand, since this is a part that is relatively old and has been tested a lot.
The height comparison is in the OP guys, courtesy of Arupaeo

Arupaeo Wrote:Height Comparisons

B:D = 21.48 mm
145 + WD = 19.55 mm
TH170 (170) + WD = 22.12 mm
230 no tip = 22.86 mm
230 + WD = 27.95 mm
Ahhh, so it is a bit taller. Dark Mousey was right, about 160WD i guess. Interesting... Tongue_out

Wait, would W145BWD have the same height as BGrin, since BWD is a bit taller? I'm getting it in the mail today, so I don't know yet, but someone told me that this set-up is supposed to actually outclass W145WD. Wouldn't it have the same height disadvantage as BGrin? That would stink, 'cause I bought Begirados to make a stamina combo to use, but it might be too vulnerable to low attackers. Unhappy
BWD is good for Zero G but probably only equal or a little worse than WD for the BB-10 because of the sharp pointed tip.
Just got Begaridos. BWD can actually out-spin WD in a BB10! The problem is, it has the same balance issued a BGrin, but MUCH WORSE. And it can't recover like BGrin can either. If it is not hit underneath though, it can still out-spin WD quite consistently. Not nearly as good as BGrin though, at least in BB10.
Smile
Can we see the test results? I'm just curious if you did mirror tests since those would be the best, IMO.