[Product]  B-34 Starter Victory Valkyrie .B.V

If you go to beyblade.takaratomy.jp, this message pops up. Can anyone translate?

[Image: notice-modal.png]
Basically Variable is supposed to break.
I've done more testing, and it is in fact super powerful. I think it grips really well and deals devastating attacks. It's stamina is horrible however, and because of that, I think Xtreme outclasses it by a lot
Is that really what it says? Because those images show the nubs bending, not breaking.
Actually sorry, I can only understand the gist of it. Clara should be able to translate it more accurately
seeing how the spikes are meant to bend and effect how the beyblade moves, maybe softer rubber should be used that is more flexible, maybe the rubber is too hard/rigid and hence it breaks off very easily.

if they can rectify the breakage issue, this could be a great driver, that would be very fun to experiment with, seeing all the different movement patterns.
Basically they are just stating that the wearing down is voluntary and affects the performance significantly. What you see are essentially three modes: the first is new, the one in the middle is crooked as they say, and the last one is worn.

The needles do bend, I thought we knew that. Some just also end up breaking and falling off entirely.
I'm surprised they didn't anticipate the backlash from this and make it clearer on the box and/or in the instructions.
I think that this was a cool idea that was executed poorly. TT did something new here, they tried to 'predict' the wear age of a part and use it as a gimmick, but thats always risky. I think we'll see people carrying mint variables as well as used ones in tourneys for performance variation. Either way TT needs to do something about this part because thats a pretty big design error.
(Apr. 04, 2016  5:48 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: I think that this was a cool idea that was executed poorly. TT didn't something new here, they tried to 'predict' the wear age of a part and use it as a gimmick, but thats always risky. I think we'll see people carrying mint variables as well as used ones in tourneys for performance variation. Either way TT needs to do something about this part because thats a pretty big design error.

This. Hopefully we will see a revision of some sort and hopefully that revision will be in the same release and not in beydeck sets or anything.
(Apr. 04, 2016  6:01 PM)Swagman2106 Wrote: this bey or storm spriggan

Impossible to say with the data that we have.

I doubt we'll see mint Variables because it doesn't seem like it's that awesome, and it's just way too consumable, but we'll see.
(Apr. 04, 2016  9:45 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Apr. 04, 2016  5:36 AM)bigbangpegs Wrote:
(Apr. 03, 2016  5:46 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I don't understand what you're trying to say here. This tip will still be legal even if all of the nubs are gone.

O ok see that's what I was trying to get at just to make sure of that, meet said he wondered if all nubs off would even be legal.
Quote:i wonder if it would even be legal after all the spikes wear down completely, and it just becomes giga flat, at that point it might be a good tornado staller.
Manual quote fail.

But I had already answered that...
(Apr. 02, 2016  5:49 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Apr. 02, 2016  5:23 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: What will we do about this in tournament play? Will it just be illegal if all the spikes break off? It would be horrible if that woupd be the case...

No no, obviously both 'modes' are meant to be legal.

Yea but I just wanted to make sure it wasn't outer nub and both nubs mode only legal and all nubs gone "mode" was legal as meet meant that he wasn't sure if it would be legal if the outer nubs were gone too.
(Apr. 04, 2016  5:08 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I'm surprised they didn't anticipate the backlash from this and make it clearer on the box and/or in the instructions.

Yeah, I was gonna say... if it's really this malleable and wears to the point of perhaps even being useless after not much time, they should've probably made that clearer at the point of purchase. It's a cool concept but if it's not what the buyer was expecting, the buyer's going to think it's defective.

Then again... it's not like they haven't recently released other things that easily become useless over time. Not intentionally, mind /coughvalkyrie
It doesn't "become useless", which I think is an important point. It simply becomes different.
(Apr. 04, 2016  7:38 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: It doesn't "become useless", which I think is an important point. It simply becomes different.

Do we know which 'mode' is actually better?

Honestly I'm starting to think that no 2 of this part will be exactly alike, and that could be really interesting for the meta, in good and bad ways.
Variable basically equals my GRF modification, my body is ready for thise epic speed!!!
(Apr. 04, 2016  7:44 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: Variable basically equals my GRF modification, my body is ready for thise epic speed!!!

Victory Valkyrie also has a lot in common with my Blitz Persegus T125RBF Victory from the Beyblade Real Life series Beyblade Metal Heroes x 5Ds from 2012:
1. Both of them are represented as knights riding on horses.
2. They have an almost identical shape/siluhette.
3. They have the same color scheme.
4. They both have a "downforce gimmick".
5. They both can switch between RBF (Rubber Block Flat) mode and "Star-shape-rubber-flat" mode.
6. They both mostly win by bringing the opposing Beyblade to explode.
7. They both mostly fight in a Stadium called "Standard Type Beystadium".
8. Both of them have Victory in their name.
9. Both of their owners have blue hair, a deely and a mark under their eyes.
(Apr. 04, 2016  8:36 PM)Zera Wrote:
(Apr. 04, 2016  7:44 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: Variable basically equals my GRF modification, my body is ready for thise epic speed!!!

Victory Valkyrie also has a lot in common with my Blitz Persegus T125RBF Victory from the Beyblade Real Life series Beyblade Metal Heroes x 5Ds from 2012:
5. They both can switch between RBF (Rubber Block Flat) mode and "Star-shape-rubber-flat" mode.

Could you please stop making posts like these.... you're basically claiming that TT stole your or some youtuber's design.
(Apr. 04, 2016  8:44 PM)Myth Wrote:
(Apr. 04, 2016  8:36 PM)Zera Wrote:

Could you please stop making posts like these.... you're basically claiming that TT stole your or some youtuber's design.

In this case I never said that they copied someone or that they stole someones design. I'm claiming nothing. I just say that they have something in common.
with the middle spikes worn down, it could become a great driver for OHKO, or just sheer aggressive driver specifically for bursting a beyblade in the shortest amount of hits possible.

i definitely want to see V2 heavy Variable tested.
anyway can't wait to see the testing be done for it.

i'll see if i can modify the driver so the middle spikes don't break off, such as use hot glue.
(Apr. 04, 2016  8:53 PM)Zera Wrote: In this case I never said that they copied someone or that they stole someones design. I'm claiming nothing. I just say that they have something in common.

Either way, the comparisons you're drawing are really a stretch, and have nothing to do with this product. Can we keep the discussion here solely about this release? Thanks!
(Apr. 04, 2016  9:05 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Apr. 04, 2016  8:53 PM)Zera Wrote: In this case I never said that they copied someone or that they stole someones design. I'm claiming nothing. I just say that they have something in common.

Either way, the comparisons you're drawing are really a stretch, and have nothing to do with this product. Can we keep the discussion here solely about this release? Thanks!

Sure.
My V2 just arrived and can I say it's amazing.

I echo the sentiments of others already, in its prime form Variable is a slower Xtreme and Im really not sure how long the larger spikes are going to last.

The Valk layer is incredible. In a test match against Wyvern-Heavy-Survive the Victory Valkyrie-Boost-Variable bey burst it ON TOUCH and sent the pieces flying across my room. I was pretty surprised.

Boost is... well it's boost. I'd rather use Heavy at this juncture until something better comes along.
Hypothetically I'm guessing a disk with very short radius would do well to expose v2's contact points giving it the best smash. But the disk may have to be wide enough to have proper weight distribution