B-12 Starter Deathscyther Oval Accel

I think Deathscyther is the best Layer in the game. Certainly if you exclude Attack Layers, it is. If I could only bring either Kerbeus or Deathscyther Layer to a tournament, I'd bring DS.

I'm surprised if that wasn't clear from my other posts, but if you guys expect every new part that comes out to be good you'll be disappointed quickly. That's never been the case in any era except maybe HMS, which was not a "new generation" start but more of a refresh in the way Zero-G was.

It is particularly disappointing in the sense that there's no need for Oval to be that light, though. Unhappy
Woo I wanted a logical reason to support my need to buy ten Deathscythers. Off I go.

Unlike some of my posts, this is not sarcastic at all.
Just what I needed to hear. Thanks bey brad
(Aug. 14, 2015  11:18 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Some more thoughts on Oval.

While I was trying it out in battles, I got the feeling that my Bey were losing spin way more rapidly than with any other Disk. Which might be expected, but it also doesn't appear to provide any additional movement speed early in the match either. So while this is very preliminary, I would say that all of these things combined with its pathetic weight are probably going to discount it from competitive play.

I still want to try it more to see how it impacts battle outcomes in raw numbers, but I don't feel comfortable doing "official" tests as my BeyLauncher is getting unreliable ...

did you try this with defence or survive driver? i think it will perform better with stamina or defence driver and layer
Because I was concerned about how much momentum I was losing, I did a solo spin time test to see the effect:

Deathscyther Oval Survive: 1:39, 1:29, 1:29
Deathscyther Central Survive: 1:56, 1:55, 1:51

I imagine with either Heavy or Spread it will be even more damning, which is why I went middle-of-the-road with Central. I don't see this being a good choice for any type. Again, its light weight probably dooms it.
(Aug. 15, 2015  12:26 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I think Deathscyther is the best Layer in the game. Certainly if you exclude Attack Layers, it is. If I could only bring either Kerbeus or Deathscyther Layer to a tournament, I'd bring DS.

I'm surprised if that wasn't clear from my other posts, but if you guys expect every new part that comes out to be good you'll be disappointed quickly. That's never been the case in any era except maybe HMS, which was not a "new generation" start but more of a refresh in the way Zero-G was.

It is particularly disappointing in the sense that there's no need for Oval to be that light, though. Unhappy

Excited to try out Deathscyther if this is the case!

Every new part in HMS was good? Uhhh ... But yes, I agree haha.

That's too bad about Oval ...
Yeah, but I mean, HMS was mostly retreading plastic's greatest hits so we did get a ton of good releases, a higher concentration than any normal new gen.
No way of expect all the parts to be good. I they will obviously get better in the second season and have some sort of gimmick in the third like engine gears or heavy mode changing. One of which was actually good. -.- I'm expecting some horrible terrible parts to come out later. And many re used ones. Must I remind you of evil gemios, rock Orso earth Virgo. For the most part those beys weren't good and had pretty basic parts. I'm expecting that with burst and the second season should be infinitely better. But either way this bey is super cool.

:0 Beyblad changed his profile pic. When was the last time that happened.

Is that the accel from deathscyther on your Valkyrie? Or the one from Ragnauk C.A.
(Aug. 15, 2015  1:03 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Because I was concerned about how much momentum I was losing, I did a solo spin time test to see the effect:

I imagine with either Heavy or Spread it will be even more damning, which is why I went middle-of-the-road with Central. I don't see this being a good choice for any type. Again, its light weight probably dooms it.

Funny thing is, Deathscyther Central/Spread Survive is my main stamina combo for burst right now, holy muffins.
I would say that Deathscyther X Survive is the go-to Stamina combo now, yeah.
Definitely, for now anyways, it's only the 5th beyblade in burst, we still have more beys on the way, but for now, Deathscyther x Survive, is a solid stamina choice.

(Edited due to spelling fixes).
(Aug. 15, 2015  1:03 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Because I was concerned about how much momentum I was losing, I did a solo spin time test to see the effect:

so oval is most useless part in this bey, but still i'm going to buy this bey not just because this have a great layer which have less recoil and more stamina and defence then valkyrie and driver which have good attack. but also beacuse i want to test oval farther.

(Aug. 15, 2015  5:36 AM)Deathscyther04 Wrote: Definitely, for now anyways, it's only the 5th beyblade in burst, we still have more beys on the way, but for now, Deathscyther x Survive, is a solid stamina choice.

(Edited due to spelling fixes).

i know deathscyther and survive but what is x
X is just the way of saying "Choose whichever Disk you want", like in mathematics where x is the unknown data.
Exactly, and man when Wyvern and Trident are released next month, we're gonna have to test Deathscyther Armed Claw to see if it's good.
I have tried Ragnaruk oval accel. Not formally, but I found it to be pretty horrible when just goofing with it.
(Aug. 17, 2015  12:15 PM)Dracieleone Wrote: Can someone test Ragnaruk Oval Survive?

It's bad. Ragnaruk Layer has pretty much no redeeming qualities.
Why does everyone hate the Ragnaruk layer lol

No seriously, what am I missing? It seems ok to me but I haven't battled it against another burst bey.
(Aug. 17, 2015  4:26 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: Why does everyone hate the Ragnaruk layer lol

No seriously, what am I missing? It seems ok to me but I haven't battled it against another burst bey.

You don't think that might be the issue? It has low Attack poor and horrible Stamina. It also Bursts quite often due to its heavily notched design. There's no reason to pick it over any other Layer.
Well I don't have any others lol. It's still the best looking one to me out of the original four. Oh well.
I agree that it's really nice looking, and if it wasn't so bumpy it might have actually been useful.
Yeah, the pathetic thing is, that it still loses to beys that have way more tooth wear than it does. Lol. I figured I would try it out a bit, thinking that it would be decent because of the relative tooth wear. Nope. Still sucks
I don't think we should freak out too much about that. there hasn't been any evidence of extreme wear on anything other than sharp teeth nor, if there is any change, how that change affects gameplay.
I said Ragnaruk because it's the only survivor layer available. I just wanna see how well Oval does in a survivor combo.
(Aug. 17, 2015  11:02 PM)Dracieleone Wrote: I said Ragnaruk because it's the only survivor layer available. I just wanna see how well Oval does in a survivor combo.

The best Layer for Stamina is Deathscyther. I tried Deathscyther Oval Survive and it was awful. Spread and Heavy are better.