B-12 Starter Deathscyther Oval Accel

From looking at the disk, I am expecting the bey to perform like the flash metal wheel. It is a disappointment because the layer blocks the whole thing and i am not sure if it will even work like flash Unhappy
(Aug. 08, 2015  11:05 PM)U wot m8 Wrote: From looking at the disk, I am expecting the bey to perform like the flash metal wheel. It is a disappointment because the layer blocks the whole thing and i am not sure if it will even work like flash Unhappy

Pretty sure that it will work semi-effectively with the Spriggan layer because of its design.
Early comments I've seen from Japanese players have been recommending Deathscyther Heavy Defense and Deathscyther Spread Survive. Seems like my guess about it being more valuable defensively was on the mark. But maybe it will still have good Attack potential, too?
Now you made me buy another one. For deathscythe vs deathscyther tests. Thanks. Yep. It's your fault
I did see the two videos and I can see the layer being good for defense, and possibly stamina. I'll have to test it when mine arrives.
There is one more on ebay for $23 shipped btw
I got mine from amazon, but that price is good for a nee release. Deathscyther is probably gonna be one of my favorites due to its motif being a shinigami.
Yeah it definitely looks super awesome. The layer looks like it has potential too, not conviced about the disk yet but we'll see. Can't wait to get mine and test it out.
(Aug. 04, 2015  1:36 AM)Hato Wrote: I am really excited for this!

The DeathScyther layer reminds me of Bistool, so I want to try and recreate Bistool10b (DeathScyther Central/Heavy _____ (Defense or Survive?))

[...]

Wink

I am interested by how Oval will be in other categories.. I do want to see how it acts on other Drivers.
Oval still seems to me like it has potential, just not with Deathscyther or even Accel. At this point, is it even expected to be useful for Attack at all, or are people already looking for other uses?
I'll be testing it on the Survive and Defense drivers when Deathscyther and the rest of the stuff I ordered arrives.
(Aug. 09, 2015  3:59 PM)KaiTheLegend Wrote: Oval still seems to me like it has potential, just not with Deathscyther or even Accel. At this point, is it even expected to be useful for Attack at all, or are people already looking for other uses?

Way too soon to say. Nobody here even has it yet.
Agreeing with Bey Brad on this one. Since it was just released, none of us have it yet so we don't yet know the true potential of Oval, or even the Deathscyther Layer, we have to wait and see.
The layer looks pretty unagressive but I want oval and the purple accele. Very cool design in the layer. Just doesn't seem very functional. Then again this is first geb of this new series. Storm wasn't very aggressive either.

But I'll just have to get my hands on one and see for myself. The video didn't have enough battles to really see
I found another video of deathscyther and i think it will be really good for defence since it doesn't burst alot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxXo-yb6Ngo
(Aug. 10, 2015  6:29 PM)UltimateOrion Wrote: I found another video of deathscyther and i think it will be really good for defence since it doesn't burst alot.

That is until it starts to be used a lot and the teeth begin to ware, haha.
(Aug. 10, 2015  6:34 PM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Aug. 10, 2015  6:29 PM)UltimateOrion Wrote: I found another video of deathscyther and i think it will be really good for defence since it doesn't burst alot.

That is until it starts to be used a lot and the teeth begin to ware, haha.

And yet, other videos and people on Twitter have apparently said that it bursts more ...
Yeah, maybe it doesn't burst as much against people beys that are already worn. I should get mine in a few days and will post some offense and defense tests. I have layers that I have saved that are pretty much brand new, all except Valkyrie, and I will be getting the Valkyrie booster with it too
Seems like the running theme is to not jump to conclusions Tongue_out
exactly. test most be done with Prime parts or same worn to be more accurate. I think
One of the Deathscythers I ordered is already on the way from Japan so by this Thursday or next Tuesday I should have it ready to test Grin.
I see more the Layer and it seems quit off balanced layer. don't know if it will help for attack but certainly not in stamina.
A friend of mine if heading to Japan in a week and he said he was gonna try to get me the Valkyrie pack and DeathSyther! so far either Deathsyther or Trident are my favorites can't wait for burst!!!! Once I get them I will do full on tests to see how they perform individually and against eachother.
Weights:
Deathscyther: 7.9g
Oval: 18.3g
Accel: 5.9g

Teeth (warning: big pic) Sorry, it's upside down. Lol
(Aug. 11, 2015  7:25 PM)Zoroaste Wrote: Weights:
Deathscyther: 7.9g
Oval: 18.3g
Accel: 5.9g

Man, these are disappointing ... Even Spread weighs more.

But thank you for that.