Ask a question, get an answer! New Thread Rules!

The problem is that you're only considering the weight of the parts, and not the spin direction, the shape, and other factors such as free-spinning tips and ARs (which are two major staples of Survival combos).
Bey Brad Wrote:The problem is that you're only considering the weight of the parts, and not the spin direction, the shape, and other factors such as free-spinning tips and ARs (which are two major staples of Survival combos).

I actually have a follow-up question to the more physics-endowed members on the board; why do lighter Beyblades have better survival than heavier Beyblades?

My common sense tells me that a heavier Beyblade would have a higher spin velocity and therefore be harder to slow down and stop from spinning, but most of the great Survival-type parts are very lightweight and are clearly designed to be that way (look at Zeus's BB, it has hollowed out sections).

So I was just wondering if someone who knows physics could clear this up.
This question just reminds me of someone's =p
Bey Brad Wrote:
Bey Brad Wrote:The problem is that you're only considering the weight of the parts, and not the spin direction, the shape, and other factors such as free-spinning tips and ARs (which are two major staples of Survival combos).

I actually have a follow-up question to the more physics-endowed members on the board; why do lighter Beyblades have better survival than heavier Beyblades?

My common sense tells me that a heavier Beyblade would have a higher spin velocity and therefore be harder to slow down and stop from spinning, but most of the great Survival-type parts are very lightweight and are clearly designed to be that way (look at Zeus's BB, it has hollowed out sections).

I'm not very physics-endowed, but would it have anything to do with centripetal (centrifugal?) force? Or the lack of heavy weight leading to les pull from gravity?
Just guesses.
Thanks Grey! That was a great help. Joyful_3

Bey Brad Wrote:I actually have a follow-up question to the more physics-endowed members on the board; why do lighter Beyblades have better survival than heavier Beyblades?

Although this specific answer refers to hollow versus solid as opposed to light versus weight, google yields:
Quote:Hollow tops spin longer than solid tops since the mass of the top is concentrated at the outside of the top.
and this picture of Alan Grey and the Great Bambino
Quote:

Kai-V Wrote:I think I do, but I do not have them on this computer.

If you find the time to at some point and remember, I'd be infinitely greatful if you PM'd them to me Grin
Heh nice informations

Like Grey, I also suspect gravity of making heavy tops drop faster at a certain speed (post #283 "Or are they SO heavy that they will get quite quickly "stopped" by gravity ?") : at high speeds heavy tops are "better" but as the speed decreases, light tops could do better because gravity's importance will increase until having more impact on the top than the momentum (?) who is decreasing.

(Sorry for my english)

That would be great if someone could bring some precisions =D

Have a nice day !
QXD, I don't know anything about physics but that explanation sounds plausible.
Where is Elliot and his physics when you need him!?

(and Nic too hahaha)
Marin Wrote:If you find the time to at some point and remember, I'd be infinitely greatful if you PM'd them to me Grin
Attack
Balance
Defense
Stamina

If these pictures are to be used anywhere, I would like to have credit for them, especially for the Stamina one ...

I also think gravity is at least one of the causes. A heavier top causes more friction with the ground.
wow, the stamina one is nigh unreadable
can someone take this whole topics worth of carp and put it into one easy to read post plz
The balance, attack, and defense all look awesome and capture their attributes more or less. Stamina has readability issues and doesn't really have anything to do with stamina, but still looks cool.
Sam Wrote:can someone take this whole topics worth of carp and put it into one easy to read post plz

Why? Do you have any idea how much time that would take?
because mfb looks cool and i dont feel like reading through 17+ pages
wait wtf this is ask a question ge t an answer

carp nevermind
Sam Wrote:wait wtf this is ask a question ge t an answer

carp nevermind

Chief - Uh.
i lik your othr sig. waaay better...
-WOLF- Wrote:i lik your othr sig. waaay better...

i'm changing it now

also how is this on topic
How useful is Dragoon MFs RC compaired to Dragoon MS and Dragoon MSUV? I know that Dragoon MS has a pretty fast RC, Dragoon MSUV has a faster one but is alot harder to control and due to having a wider rubber pin, also has less endurance right? I also noticed that Dragoon MFs RC is in tier 2 while Dragoon MS and MSUVs are in tier 1. I would test out my Dragoon MF RC, but its really difficult to use due to the fact that my only stadium left is a Thundler Rumbler and all im doing is wearing it out since all its doing is constantly pocketing itselfTired.
It's not quite as useful as GFC and GFCUM, which is why it's in Tier 2. It can be a good addition and it does have its use, but its not essential. Its performance is in between Metal Flat Core and Grip Flat Core. If they had used a softer rubber, it would be better.
bugturtles Wrote:Where is Elliot and his physics when you need him!?

(and Nic too hahaha)

I finished school late yesterday. Then, was giving tuition at night. My schedule will be much busier from next week onwards, too, since my classes at my local uni will be starting soon. Quantum mechanics and forums don't really mix well xP

Bey Brad Wrote:I actually have a follow-up question to the more physics-endowed members on the board; why do lighter Beyblades have better survival than heavier Beyblades?

It's not so much that light beyblades have better survival. How the lightness helps is that because it isn't pulled down so much by gravity, there's less friction against the stadium. The downside of this is that because it's so light, it's easier to get knocked around.

To make up for this, the center is hollowed out. You know how heavy objects are harder to push around, or it's harder to stop a heavy object from moving? That's when it's moving in a straight line. When it's spinning, you don't really consider the weight (mass); instead you consider something called "moment of inertia"

The further away a weight is from the axis, the higher moment of inertia it has. The moment of inertia increases by a factor of the square of the distance as you get further away, so putting more weight at the sides can make quite a large difference. Of course, the heavier it is, too, the higher moment of inertia it has. So to make it lighter, they hollowed out the center, rather than making it smaller, because if they made it smaller, it would have a much lower moment of inertia than if they hollowed out the center.

As a result, even though it's hollowed and much lighter, it would still have a rather substantial moment of inertia, and be pretty hard to stop. That's why survival WDs and survival bases have hollowed out centers.

Edit: I'm pretty sure I wrote about this in my physics article some time back =O
I have a question about wolborg 4
Me and my friend blade a lot and he uses his wolborg 4 sometimes and when i knock it over the SG kicks in and it starts spinning the blade and then i lose .......is this legal?

P.S.
yes the blade is still in the ring/stadium/dish
rkayd Wrote:I have a question about wolborg 4
Me and my friend blade a lot and he uses his wolborg 4 sometimes and when i knock it over the SG kicks in and it starts spinning the blade and then i lose .......is this legal?

P.S.
yes the blade is still in the ring/stadium/dish

Wolborg 4 has a different EG as compared to most other EG-based beyblades.

Its release is calm and steady, rather than a sudden violent burst.

Did he purposefully modify it? Or did he leave the Wolborg 4 alone?

If he just built it straight out of the box, I think it would be legal. If he messed with mechanisms inside or modified in general (not counting switching parts) such as cutting, sanding, etc, illegal.