Ask a question, get an answer! New Thread Rules!

(Aug. 27, 2008  3:32 AM)Evan Wrote: I'm not a fan of spray on paint for Beyblades, too much of a risk of putting too much on it and ruining the part.

I used to make that mistake, then I realized that I should hold it far away from the nozzle. The way I do it now is either lay it flat or suspend it, against a newspaper background to catch stray paint, then spray in short bursts (2 to 3 seconds or so) from about half a meter away, adjusting as required. Then, I flip it over and do the other side. That way, the paint will be really fine by the time it reaches the target, and won't lump up or form drops.

(Aug. 27, 2008  5:16 AM)Anubis Wrote: I have always used spray paints and I've done pretty well, it's just that the enamel dries rather sticky and can't be washed too well, etc.
I want to try brushing the paint on next time.

I'll try some basic paints like Nic said.

Hmm was it you that time who said he was buying an atomizer for spraypainting? How's it?

Hahaha I really really hate enamel. I have very bad memories of using it (and trying to get stains off surfaces). It made my paintbrush hard enough to chip concrete.

Good luck with the paint! I think, generally, paint that goes well on walls gives a nice texture to spraypainted objects.
(Aug. 27, 2008  5:33 AM)Blue Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2008  10:50 PM)Anubis Wrote: Solvent Dye is done with heat, in a pot full of heated water. You can just use RIT dye for that, in fact.

Powdercoating (If that's what Nic meant) is also done with heat, but far too much for the plastic. Powder clings to the item with static electricity, and then heat from an oven melts these particles together to form a plastic-like coating. It can be done to weight disks, metal frames, and MFB wheels.

I guess for painting I'll have to try acrylic. I really hate the finish I get with enamels.

I don't get it, sounds like you knew the answer anyway..:\

w.e. I always though this paint was interesting, but never tested it.
Krylon Fusion. was being advertised a few years ago. Suppost to bond.

No, I did not. The solvent dye requires a pot of heated water, and that "ink" stuff did not appear to have heat applied to it. I still don't know what it is.
[quote='-WOLF-' pid='54390' dateline='1219629851']
im pretty sure the answer to this is no but i wanted to ask to make sure anyway.

i already have a bank account i can acess freely with navy fed but at my age is it possible to open another account and use paypal with it? if so should i stay with navy fed or is there a reliable bank that would be better for this purpose and can someone walk me through the process. also since dads in navy we move a lot so i would need a bank i can aces over seas
if you`re
im sorry if that question was too far off topic, but can someone please PM me the answer if this isnt the place for it
witch one of theease is a better zombie
1.galeon ar,10wide,neo left,cerbouros core,dark draceil sps,and cerbouros base.

2.driger s ar,10wide,neo left,cerbous core,any recomended sps and dragoon v2 base. thx Joyful_3Joyful_3Joyful_3
If you have the resources why don't you try both? If not I would try #1
(Aug. 27, 2008  5:41 PM)James Wrote: If you have the resources why don't you try both? If not I would try #1

yeah i have the coice of one of them but im really stuck for choice =/ but i really depends of wht stadium im useing a samller one 2 wins a bigger stadium like the thunder rumbler or some thing its 1 via out spin.
Well I like big stadiums like Vortex so try using one. In a tournament carry both to see what stadiums they'll use =P
Are the Catapult Grip and the Marksmen Grip really that bad? I mean, me and my friend that blades have zero grips, and we could get these from german ebay. Are they worth it or complete garbage so it makes more sense if we sticked to EZ shooters on their own?
(Aug. 27, 2008  6:24 PM)Sasch Wrote: Are the Catapult Grip and the Marksmen Grip really that bad? I mean, me and my friend that blades have zero grips, and we could get these from german ebay. Are they worth it or complete garbage so it makes more sense if we sticked to EZ shooters on their own?

The Marksmen Grip is actually not that bad, especially since you can take the laser sight off anyway. I used that myself for a long time until the newer grips came out.

The Catapult Grip, however, is carp awful. Don't buy that.
(Aug. 27, 2008  6:27 PM)Roan Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2008  6:24 PM)Sasch Wrote: Are the Catapult Grip and the Marksmen Grip really that bad? I mean, me and my friend that blades have zero grips, and we could get these from german ebay. Are they worth it or complete garbage so it makes more sense if we sticked to EZ shooters on their own?

The Marksmen Grip is actually not that bad, especially since you can take the laser sight off anyway. I used that myself for a long time until the newer grips came out.

The Catapult Grip, however, is carp awful. Don't buy that.

Thanks big time! I'd probably have guessed it right the other way 'round, I don't know why.

I agree, the Marksmen Grip is pretty good, it's solid and fits really well into the hand. The catapult isn't as good, but it's a better option than nothing. I prefer it locked than unlocked.

(Aug. 27, 2008  5:29 PM)darkbladerx200 Wrote: witch one of theease is a better zombie

2.driger s ar,10wide,neo left,cerbous core,any recomended sps and dragoon v2 base. thx Joyful_3Joyful_3Joyful_3

The 2nd one should be better, with the dark draicel sp's.
(Aug. 27, 2008  8:34 PM)flashfox Wrote:

I agree, the Marksmen Grip is pretty good, it's solid and fits really well into the hand. The catapult isn't as good, but it's a better option than nothing. I prefer it locked than unlocked.

(Aug. 27, 2008  5:29 PM)darkbladerx200 Wrote: witch one of theease is a better zombie

The 2nd one should be better, with the dark draicel sp's.

ye you were ded right it p00ns they other one but it also works well with galeon ar
Yeah, choose which one you like better. I like driger s ar, but thats only because I don't have galeon.

Both should work just as fine.
I think Galeon would be better for a slightly more defensive bey, because of the sub AR being able to act as a sort of shock absorber, but I have to admit that I, like you, prefer Tiger Defenser.
I just what to know what your opinion is on the future of the Plastic and HMS beyblades. Do you think that Hasbro and takada will pump out the older ones or are we going into a future of strictly MFB's ?
(Aug. 28, 2008  12:40 AM)James Wrote: I just what to know what your opinion is on the future of the Plastic and HMS beyblades. Do you think that Hasbro and takada will pump out the older ones or are we going into a future of strictly MFB's ?

As much as I would love to see some sort of "Classic Bey Series" release where they re-released some of the older models, I don't expect it at all. And I DEFINITELY don't expect to see new additions to those lines.
I don't know who this question is directed too, but I generally think that the consensus is HMS and Plastic is being replaced by MFB, just like how we didn't see any more Plastic release when HMS started rolling. Most likely HMS and Plastics are dead now, and if this is a product relaunch, the MFB will be the focus for the foreseeable future. It doesn't seem like they will be targeting the old market with new releases of HMS and Plastics
(Aug. 28, 2008  12:50 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: As much as I would love to see some sort of "Classic Bey Series" release where they re-released some of the older models, I don't expect it at all.

That would be AMAZING. I think I would die of happiness if they did that (lol, that does not make sense).
ughhh all the best HMS re-released in gold plastic like uriel 2

ughhhhhhhhhhhhh
(Aug. 28, 2008  2:24 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: ughhh all the best HMS re-released in gold plastic like uriel 2

ughhhhhhhhhhhhh

*faints*
BEY COLLECTOR'S BOX MS

Wolborg MS, Dragoon MS UV, Death Gargoyle MS, Samurai Changer MS, Magical Ape MS, Shining God MS, Dragoon MF (CWD Eternal Survivor), Dranzer MF (CWD Reverse Defenser), Jiraiya MS, Sea Dragon, Shining God MS, HMS Customize Grip x2, Dual Shooter x2 , G-Winder x2 , Tornado Balance, Tornado Balance Type S

20000 yen

I'd buy it.
(Aug. 28, 2008  2:36 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: BEY COLLECTOR'S BOX MS

Wolborg MS, Dragoon MS UV, Death Gargoyle MS, Samurai Changer MS, Magical Ape MS, Shining God MS, Dragoon MF (CWD Eternal Survivor), Dranzer MF (CWD Reverse Defenser), Jiraiya MS, Sea Dragon, Shining God MS, HMS Customize Grip x2, Dual Shooter x2 , G-Winder x2 , Tornado Balance, Tornado Balance Type S

20000 yen

I'd buy it.

Damn straight.
Will the beyblade that comes in parts with the boosters ever be released as a whole?