Ask a question, get an answer! #2

Screw and Vulcan both provided very decent attack in LTAC's, but were obviously outclassed once Flame Byxis (the beginning of the end, lol) was released, along with other new releases like Kerbecs, Horogium, Lynx, etc.
(Nov. 20, 2011  1:31 AM)Sniperâ„¢ Wrote: What were Screw and Vulcan good for?

As you probably know already...? Vulcan was a top tier attack wheel in it's day.

Screw is an unfortunate move for TT. If it had been released earlier it would have been an interesting addition to the attack lineup, but at the time it was released it was almost already irrelevant...
Screw is still pretty good as Screw Pisces 90RF/MF(I like MF on this combo, it reminds me of SG Metal Flat 2). It has some nice attack power, but no one really paid attention to it so it never got the credit it deserved. Nano used one in the Oregon Beydays 2 tournament up until the finals IIRC.
Hey guys i just recently got VariAres and i've been struggling using VariAres CH120RF/R2F specifically in Left spin, is there a specific thing i should be doing besides Banking in order to get the results i'm looking for... or do i just need to practice and get more accustomed to the Bey?
Probably practice, and use Sliding Shoot along with Banking.

It could also be that your R2F is mint, in which case you have to wear it down enough to get it in prime condition.
You could also launch a little weaker to get more control.
(Nov. 20, 2011  2:46 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: You could also launch a little weaker to get more control.
Alright, thanks guys. i'm just tired of using Phantom so i decided to try something new for a gathering on Saturday.
yes 230 is good without mf, although using mf increases weight, so it is better to use mf
(Nov. 20, 2011  1:31 AM)Sniperâ„¢ Wrote: What were Screw and Vulcan good for?

Screw was a potential candidate for great Upper Smash, but it never panned out due to the weight of the combos available by the time it came out. It can still do some neat tricks, but it's overall just not worth it anymore. The design also didn't lend well to more prominent methods of attack, either, so it suffered greatly from height complications.

Vulcan was the premier Smash Attack wheel of its time, but due to its light weight and overall design, it couldn't sufficiently KO 230 tracks, and couldn't consistently remove RS Defense combos from the Stadium.

Others had answered you, I just felt the need to go into more detail.
Methinks that belongs in Purchase Consultation, but yes, it's real. It has the TAKARA-TOMY logo in the top right corner.
(Nov. 20, 2011  5:23 AM)matt1998 Wrote: http://leoshop.com.tw/merchandise/1/Beyb..._33506.htm is this a real beyblade?

Read the clear "theflightyellz's guide to fakes and searching".

Kaiba Hiwatari, you should have redirected him instead of answering.
i must ask, is it legal for tournaments to use lubracant on the bearings in B:D? me and my bro are thinking of using some WD-40 on it. i don't see anything directly relating to that situation in the rules.
No, that is not permitted, on any tip.
Do SonoKong's RS last longer than Hasbro's?
There's hasn't been a notable difference, AFAIK.
(Nov. 20, 2011  7:17 AM)Giraton Wrote: i must ask, is it legal for tournaments to use lubracant on the bearings in BGrin? me and my bro are thinking of using some WD-40 on it. i don't see anything directly relating to that situation in the rules.

(Nov. 20, 2011  7:21 AM)Dan Wrote: No, that is not permitted, on any tip.

The reference point is in the Universal Rules. While it directly addresses not lubricating, tuning or seasoning plastic and HMS beys, you should infer that the same thing applies to MFB beys as well.
And surely at another place in the rules it stipulates not to apply any foreign substance to any part ...
In a recent battle my face bolt for my Sagittario broke and i lost the battle, i was wondering how i could fix it?
You can't, sadly, you'll need to use another facebolt/buy a new one.
(Nov. 20, 2011  12:50 AM)Hazel Wrote: If you dislike the rules being enforced, leave.

I currently have things that force me to remain but I may well decide to leave in the future. Any forum that punishes general helpfulness is not one I want to be a part of and the rules of "staying on topic" have never agreed with me anyway.
(Nov. 20, 2011  4:45 PM)Dracomageat Wrote:
(Nov. 20, 2011  12:50 AM)Hazel Wrote: If you dislike the rules being enforced, leave.

I currently have things that force me to remain but I may well decide to leave in the future. Any forum that punishes general helpfulness is not one I want to be in and the rules of "staying on topic" have never agreed with me anyway.

get out
(Nov. 20, 2011  4:15 PM)Kai-V Wrote: And surely at another place in the rules it stipulates not to apply any foreign substance to any part ...

Haha, yes. As a matter of fact the specific rules on bearings made it into the Standard rules as well... Where is my head this morning? :p

Is the #BB-41 stadium good?