(April Fool's!) Limited Format Reboot: Limited Format v2.0

Didn't notice the acrostic, nicely done for April Fool's!

Haha people the higher-ups aren't extremist enough in their support of the Limited Format to devolve it to the point where every part is competitive (and therefore contains only the carp parts).

Sadly the part about me actually having a chance to go to AN was also an April Fool's Crying
Jimmies were rustled.

Does this mean I can't actually hold a tournament in this format?
Erhmagerd you made me by 15 Poison Serpents, im done with bayblade now.
lik if u cry everytim
I knew th!nk was in on it ;D
wait this new format update is a joke, HA, i didn't even know, i thought this was actaully true, i must've forgot, it 's april fools day today!Tongue_out
Best format ever!XD tbh this is an awesome format, I suggest it should be used!
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL my rants got useless after this. XD

Should've seen through The Commitee's jokes.
Was it ever in contention that Th!nk was involved? This is the exact this I'd expect from Th!nk, especially if he got clearance from the Committee. (Dude's funny, man.)

I want this to happen, though. Could you imagine? Poison Serpent M145S against Rock Orso 105JB. We need this to happen. Seriously. IMAGINE THE HILARITY. IMAGINE THE KOS!
I still will never understand why you ban parts and you know if you ban gravity no one can use destroyer destroyer only fits on gravity?

Ah wait this is a joke I got fooled! Unhappy

I'm the lamest excuse for a blader ever the name even said April fools you'd think I didn't know how to read.
Well I mean I thought it was obvious Serious

But yeah in response to one post that mentioned how much effort went into this, I kinda cooked this entire thing up (logo included) in a mad 3 hour rush with one more for the testing threads, when I realised what day it was and that other ideas for today hadn't ended up working out due to various people being unexpectedly busy of late (and I was very keen on having something happen today). Kai-V was more than happy to help out, and so Limited Format V2.0/"Limited: Limited" was.

The testing I posted, by the way, was 100% legitimate (as almost anyone who posted something that made me think they might post their own testing would know). Yes, I sat down and wrangled Q for a joke and I would do it again (though I do have to say that it is an astonishingly bad part), and I was actually dead serious about liking Jog Sharp Ball in regular limited (if it had the balance to outspin 145-height stamina on 85 it would be a very competitive part IMO). I'm glad we managed to fool a few of you (and no one caught the acrostic, which was the cause of a lot of the more fantastic ruling decisions), and that people enjoyed it (and RDF3, I'm legitimately sorry for causing you so much concern, haha, do not worry - I love limited as it is and am comfortable saying that there is definitely a stable platform only a very, very short distance below where the format currently sits).

For those who liked the wacky little mess I threw together, I've suggested we perhaps leave Limited V2.0/"Limited: Limited" a thread in the limited subforum for posterity/further discussion especially as it might let us confirm some stuff about the various heavily outclassed tips (maybe with some relaxation on some of the more fantastic rulings (almost all of which were entirely to make that acrostic work - it's no coincidence that the two craziest rulings were for two parts starting with the very uncommon letter "O")) so that will hopefully be a thing, and I'm sure you're all very welcome to give it a shot in free play or whatever (though don't expect it to be an actual format - it is definitely within the 'beautiful mess' category). Doubt it would be balanced at all with Rock in particular running around, and Flame only slipped in because that was originally going to go into the acrostic until I realised I had an opportunity to make TheBlackDragon groan with the F230 part (which was a fabulous success), and there are one or two parts outside I'd actually put in (I was originally going to have a second section explaining things like Thermal being absent using extremely flimsy reasoning (in that case "because it outspins Scythe") but I ended up omitting that because I felt it took away from the acrostic part, which was definitely the intended centrepiece.

But yeah, hope everyone had a good April 1st - I certainly did, thanks everyone (especially those who figured it out but didn't give the game away, and also to Kai-V in particular for all of her help).
@th!nk: Don't worry, apology accepted.
It's just that I take things too seriously.

Nice job trolling TBD by saying F230 is not a problem in ANY format, Kai-V (it's in the banlist) XD. (Wonder if TBD cares about F230 anymore)

I wasn't actually opposing this format itself, don't take it that way; I oppose updating Limited this way, but if this format is to be separated from the "OLD" limited, that's fine with me.
F230 isn't banned in any format right now - though I'm basically completely certain the committee's position isn't what was stated in the post - as far as I am aware, with regards to Zero-G it is still a matter of seeing if switching to cardboard surfaces under the stadiums will resolve the problem in the areas that have struggled with it (I'm not sure if they have made the switch yet or whatever) and just generally seeing how that goes (though personally I would consider a ban unlikely at this point). Aside from that, though, it is generally agreed by most that it doesn't deserve a ban in the other formats - it's reasonably strong in standard but still has plenty of reliable counters (also plenty of things there can break an F230, which given the price is somewhat discouraging) and in Limited it's pretty darn average now that Meteo and a couple of Dark Knight setups are the best options for use with it.
As for this fake format, I'll mention F230 in a writeup about this whole thing I'm throwing together (seeing as people seem at least somewhat interested in the basis of it and I figure I have some insight to offer), but it isn't on the banlist (E230 is, perhaps you misread that?)

In general, though, the format and likely even the basic concept of a sub-limited tier format is not really workable as a serious one, at the least not in a matter where it would be significantly differentiated from pre-existing formats to be worth the large amount of additional work it would create (amongst other things). Sorry guys, but you'll have to stick to free play if you want to use poison. :c
Nice April Fool's. I thought something wasn't right when I saw RF, R2F and LRF banned 'cause we wouldn't have any attack in this format, hah. I was looking for clues, but missed the words. I'm so happy this wasn't real, hah
This is gonna get messy- A ton lots of wheels are banned and left us not much of a choice.
(Apr. 02, 2014  6:22 AM)RDF3 Wrote: (Wonder if TBD cares about F230 anymore)

Yes. I still hate it with every fiber of my being.

And, just for the record, even if the cardboard surfaces do help to the point where BWD cannot be ZRG KOed (which still remains to be seen), that's only really opening up one viable option for a counter, and even then honestly Dragooon is so far behind Duo in terms of precession as a Chrome Wheel, and SA165BWD is so unreliable in general for me, I would consider it probably one of the least useable competitive Zero-G customs out there.

I again point out the sharp difference between "broken" and "unbeatable."

That said, just one, generally unreliable counter isn't nearly enough IMO. It's literally just one combination (that actually has the potential to lose to a good F230 by OS, given the F230 user is playing Genbull Dragooon), that I haven't even considered using since last Spring (for good reason).

Plus, the point still remains that, without F230, I think we can all agree that the format would be a whole lot better off. It would also be a serious pain to have to play every match on cardboard, with little to no actual benefit, when you consider how ridiculously broken Dragooon F230 is anyway.

[/rant]

Anyway, on topic, that was a really great joke, haha. XD I had fun testing with Poison. Grin Never thought that was gonna happen...

And gosh Grand is way worse than I thought LOL.
This better be an April fools joke, cus if this is the new limited then im done with this format. It took me and many of my friends long enough to make decent beys for the first limited format, and you want us to use poison?!?! Im the only person in my town who even has a poison piece! And none of us have any of the hybrid metal wheels and im not spending $30 just to get some.... If this isn't an April fools joke then good luck WBO!
Let's not make me regret putting that in there by starting an F230 discussion here, but basically - tournament results are an even bigger deal outside of limited - absolutely mandatory. There could be other things, there are threads to discuss that I guess, looking at what works in other areas and so on, but I'd personally absolutely need to see how things went over the course of 2-3 Zero G tournaments on cardboard in NC and maybe simultaneously a little focus on trying to help NC dislodge it a bit from their winning combos from other areas that aren't having such a big problem with it. Either way, this is not the place.

Grand is from the time where SonoKong were hollowing stuff out and making them lighter so I wondered if that was why it was so light but someone posted weights from Hasbro and nope, it's just a really lightweight wheel.

(Apr. 02, 2014  12:41 PM)XtraCorruption Wrote: This better be an April fools joke, cus if this is the new limited then im done with this format. It took me and many of my friends long enough to make decent beys for the first limited format, and you want us to use poison?!?! Im the only person in my town who even has a poison piece! And none of us have any of the hybrid metal wheels and im not spending $30 just to get some.... If this isn't an April fools joke then good luck WBO!

I dunno man maybe the thread title might hold a clue.
(Apr. 02, 2014  12:41 PM)XtraCorruption Wrote: This better be an April fools joke, cus if this is the new limited then im done with this format. It took me and many of my friends long enough to make decent beys for the first limited format, and you want us to use poison?!?! Im the only person in my town who even has a poison piece! And none of us have any of the hybrid metal wheels and im not spending $30 just to get some.... If this isn't an April fools joke then good luck WBO!
Yes, this is an April Fools joke. There's nothing to be worried about.

Anyways, this went off really well, It was definitely an amazing April Fools joke! Better than me getting salt in my toothbrush.

Should the regular banlist be up sometime today?

Nice going, committee. xd
(Apr. 02, 2014  12:49 PM)Midnìght Wrote:

Anyways, this went off really well, It was definitely an amazing April Fools joke! Better than me getting salt in my toothbrush.

Nice one, committee. xd

THANK GOD! I was bout to pack up and quite beyblade lmao! This is seriously the stupidest thing ive ever heard happen in the beyblade universe xD

(Apr. 02, 2014  12:52 PM)XtraCorruption Wrote:
(Apr. 02, 2014  12:49 PM)Midnìght Wrote:

Nice one, committee. xd

THANK GOD! I was bout to pack up and quite beyblade lmao! This is seriously the stupidest thing ive ever heard happen in the beyblade universe xD

Lol i guess im pretty gullible haha
It is not even a matter of being gullible anymore though : we see those who truly are blind now ... There are refrences to April Fools' Day everywhere.
I knew it wasn't true, but I'll be honest...I'm genuinely bummed that hand-spinning won't become a thing.
Another clue I found yesterday, Th!nk used WB on his defence custom. Th!nk prefers other tips than WB for older metal fusion defence customs.

If this was a real format I would kinda hate it.
I freaked out when I saw all the spin tracks on the ban list thank goodness this was just a practical joke not the real thing.
Almost all my beyparts are banned. Will i be able to use them in normal format .
(Apr. 02, 2014  3:33 PM)beybladeindia Wrote: Almost all my beyparts are banned. Will i be able to use them in normal format .

This is obviously a joke, it even says it in the title.