Anti Attack Draft

Poll: Should this article be made?

yes
87.50%
no
12.50%
Total: 100% 24 vote(s)
I made if not most all the spelling and grammatical corrections and edited the combo's and Defnintion section Smile and a few other things... oh and what else needs work (please don't be rude about it Smile) and sorry for Triple posting again sometimes when I make updates the thread get's buried and not many people see it Unhappy
Isn't Basalt outclassed in terms of everything?
From what I read, I like the article, but I dont think all of those sections are really necessary and that most of the information can be put into less of them.
ok I'll try to maybe combine some sections and reduce it to four Smile

so I used this specail app on google too correct all the spelling and grammatical erros with the correct sentecs/spelling Smile basically all of the spelling and grammatical errors have been fixed Smile and also I took out some sections shortened them and combined them with other sections Smile oh and I shortend certain section and turned the section that th!nk was talking about and turned it into a note Smile so um what do you think of it now? oh and Striker Phantom read the article it asnwers your question...
The google app thing barely helped. I noticed many spelling and grammatical errors.
Lazer there are some grammar mistakes. I would not always trust apps. You should try learn grammar more. Also I got nothing towards you, but maybe you could try up your posts it's kinda hard to read.

EDIT: I would say this is about 70-85% done.
*sigh* could you point them out so I can fix them? oh and thanks Galaxy Blade anyway I'll fix the grammer and spelling just need the errors to be pointed out Smile
I re-wrote the whole article what do you guys thing?
(Jul. 24, 2013  2:06 PM)Lazer Wrote: This is a rough draft for an anti attack article on beywiki

Definition Of Anti-Attack
Anti-Attack is a combination of attack and defence usually composed of a low-recoil defence wheel on an aggressive setup. The wide weight distribution and low-center of gravity of the combo, which is supported by tracks such as BD145. Helps the combo hit an attack type beyblade without being KO'D due to it being heavy thanks to MW's such as Diablo and Sycnhromes such as Girago Girago, and the low-center of gravity making the combo sturdy, and the wide weight distribution from a track such as BD145, giving it extra speed and smash accompanied by an aggressive tip such as LRF RF or R2F.

Use Of Anti-Attack Combo's
Anti-Attacks main use is nullifying attack type beyblades hence the name *Anti*-attack. However Metal Wheels such as Diablo and synchromes such as Girago Girago have shown to be able to KO pure Stamina comboes (i.e Duo Cancer W145WD) which is one of the reasons it's on the Tier-List and still slightly popular. However the main reason is that Diablo can get up to 60% in testing against Wyvang^2 and 70-80% against flash which is very impressive considering that Flash and Wyvang^2 are attack powerhouses and Girago^2 has been able to get results as high as 95%!.

Conclusion
So as a conclusion Anti-Attack is very useful and popular in today's meta mostly Canada due to the fact that attack is used frequently there. And it can KO some of the Stamina meta which very large in today's meta increasing the popularity and usefulness of anti-attack. However the vastly known[color=#800000],
previously popular metal wheel known as Basalt while has use in anti-attack, has shown to be inferior to the combo MF-H Diablo Kerbecs/Unicorn II BD145LRF/R2F/RF and MSF-L Girago Girago BD145RF for anti-attack and thus it didn't cut it for the tier list due to the aforementioned combo's being being far more superior.

Combo's
So far the best top-tier combo's for Anti-Attack are MF-H Diablo Kerbecs/Unicorno II BD145Rf/R2F/LRF and MSF-L Girago Girago BD145R2F/RF/LRF. They both excel greatly in anti-attack nullifying
today's attack meta, and effectively defeating some of today's stamina meta.

It should be noted that anti attack used to be confused and often misused by the term *anti-meta* however anti meta and anti-attack are two completely different things. Anti-attack refers to a combo composed of a
a metal face combined with heavy weight and low recoil wheel on an aggressive track-tip setup to counter attack types. However anti-meta refers to a combo or part taking over the meta by being to powerful, this is also referred to as *game-breaking*.
changes in red, this is the best I can do.
ok made the changes Grin thanks @AZL Smile
Woah woah woah... all kinds of stuff wrong with that. Confused

MSF-L Girago Girago BD145R2F/LRF is not top-tier. RF is the only top-tier option. :\ Same thing with Diablo IIRC.

Also, mentioning the term "anti-meta" on the Beywiki isn't such a great idea IMO. It's not a solid term, and it's even more out-of-place in a draft about anti-attack. Unhappy

The definition section is a bit off... so is the conclusion. You shouldn't make any reference to the current time period, nor to the specific metagame of any particular area. Those things change drastically over time (sometimes very quickly), and such information is never really reliable.

Saying "Basalt didn't make the cut for the tier list" will be old news in another few months when the list is updated again. Lips_sealed

The draft I posted really says it all for me... XD everything in there is what I would like to see posted... but yah, this is definitely an article worth writing.
okay about the Girago thing that was an accident I remove R2F/LRF from the section above it but forgot to remove it from the combo section XD so I fixed it Grin and about Basalt ok I'll remove that part oh and about the Meta-Game I'll remove that too
Alright guys, this is something we need to get done.

Now, I'm going to write this based on the definition given by the user who coined the term, so this is the most solid definition of the term that exists:

th!nk Wrote:Seeing as I coined the term with a very clear idea of what it should pertain to, I think I'm able to explain it quite accurately:

It pertains to fast moving defenders that also have an element of attack which allows them to handle stamina combinations. RF being the prime choice for optimum grip and aggressive movement. Generally they're quite heavy to make sure they come off best against other attackers. Like attack types they usually win by KO - except unlike attack types, they tend to do this against other attack types as well as stamina types, rather than trying to do it against defense types.

The latter part is the key difference from RF Defense - RF defenders lack the ability to handle stamina with decent reliability. The reason for this difference is basically because as a result of this things like Duo BD145RF and Diablo BD145RF have very different applications, Duo being solely defensive (and better at that) to the exclusion of notable attack ability and very poor stamina, whilst Diablo sacrifices some of that defense to be less overspecialized, making it a balance type.

Hopefully this article will clear up some confusion on what Anti-Attack really is (a lot of people have been confusing it with aggressive Defense lately, which is understandable, but the two have different applications).

Here we go:

Quote:'''Anti-Attack''' is a specific sub-classification of Beyblade (formally categorized as Balance). Anti-Attack Beyblades, like other Balance type Beyblades, combine two or more of the three standard Beyblade types ([[Attack]], [[Defense]], and [[Survival | Stamina]]). Anti-Attack refers to Balance Beyblades that combine [[Attack]] and [[Defense]] by utilizing one of the three variants of Rubber Flat (RF, R2F, or LRF), using an aggressive, low-recoil Wheel, and a heavy Track that aids in recoil reduction.

This allows Anti-Attack Beyblades to resist KO by opposing Attack combinations and out-spin them, while still retaining enough Smash Attack to easily neutralize competitive Stamina customs.

===Distinguishing an Anti-Attack Beyblade From Other Similar Forms of Customization===

Anti-Attack Beyblade should not be confused with '''aggressive Defense Beyblades''' (which, unlike Anti-Attack Beyblades, do not utilize aggressive Wheels and have no competitive use against Stamina Beyblades), or with '''conventional Attack/Defense Hybrids''' (which, unlike Anti-Attack Beyblades, do not utilize one of the three variants of Rubber Flat). Making This distinction is important.

The following examples illustrate the differences between Anti-Attack Beyblades and other similar forms of Defense/Balance.

*'''MSF-H Genbull Genbull BD145RF''' (aggressive Defense) is ''not'' an Anti-Attack Beyblade. While it still utilizes one of the three variants of Rubber Flat and serves to neutralize Attack types, much like an Anti-Attack Beyblade, it does not use an aggressive Wheel and has no competitive application against Stamina Beyblades.

*'''MSF-H Wyvang Wyvang BD145RDF''' (conventional Attack/Defense Hybrid) is ''not'' an Anti-Attack Beyblade. It does combine traits from both Attack and Defense Beyblades to form a combination that can both Defend sufficiently and subdue Stamina customs via KO, but, unlike an Anti-Attack Beyblade, it does not utilize one of the three variants of Rubber Flat.

*'''MSF-L Girago Girago BD145RF''' ''is'' an Anti-Attack Beyblade. It utilizes one of the three variants of Rubber flat, uses an aggressive, low recoil Wheel, and a bulky setup that allows it to take hits well from Attack types and easily KO competitive Stamina combinations at the same time.

===Behavior and Application of an Anti-Attack Beyblade===

Anti-Attack Beyblades are designed to be used against competitive Stamina type Beyblades and competitive Attack type Beyblades.

Anti-Attack customizations utilize the aggressiveness of their Wheels and Bottoms to KO Stamina combinations in the same way that conventional Attack types do. The goal against a Stamina type with an Anti-Attack Beyblade is to launch aggressively and aim to KO the opponent as quickly as possible.

Against Attack combinations, Anti-Attack customs utilize their heavy weight, bulky setup, stable center of gravity, and high traction and momentum while colliding with an Attack type head-on to effectively absorb the force of impact while taking as little damage as possible.

Because the Anti-Attack type is bigger, heavier, and more stable than the Attack type, when the two collide, the Anti-Attack type holds its ground easily and often inflicts devastating rotational damage on the opposing Attack type in the process.

Anti-Attack Beyblades should '''never''' be used against conventional Defense Beyblades, as their Smash Attack is not on level with pure Attack types, and they lack sufficient Stamina capability to out-spin stationary Defense combinations.

===Composition of and Anti-Attack Beyblade===

Anti-Attack Beyblades are composed of a Heavy, aggressive, low recoil Wheel, a heavy Track that aids in recoil reduction, and one of the three variants of Rubber Flat. They should also include a Metal (Stone) Face if one is available. '''Girago''' and '''Diablo''' are the two best Wheels for Anti-Attack Beyblades to use, but '''Saramanda''' and '''Begirados''' can be used as substitutes if they are not available. '''BD145''' is really the only currently competitive Track for Anti-Attack, but if it is absent, '''SA165''' can be used in its place.

Some good examples of applicable Anti-Attack type Beyblades are:

*'''MSF-L Girago Girago BD145RF'''
*'''MF-H Diablo Unicorno II BD145LRF'''
*'''MSF-H Begirados Begirados BD145R2F'''
(Sep. 17, 2014  12:48 AM)TheBlackDragon Wrote:
Quote:'''Anti-Attack''' is a specific sub-classification of Beyblade (formally categorized as Balance). Anti-Attack Beyblades, like other Balance type Beyblades, combine two or more of the three standard Beyblade types ([[Attack]], [[Defense]], and [[Survival | Stamina]]). Anti-Attack refers to Balance Beyblades that combine [[Attack]] and [[Defense]] by utilizing one of the three variants of Rubber Flat (RF, R2F, or LRF) to move quickly around the Stadium, using an aggressive, yet low-recoil Wheel, and a heavy Track that aids in recoil reduction.

This allows Anti-Attack Beyblades to resist KOs by opposing Attack combinations and out-spinning them, while still retaining enough Smash Attack to easily neutralize competitive Stamina customs.

===Distinguishing an Anti-Attack Beyblade From Other Similar Forms of Customization===

Anti-Attack Beyblade should not be confused with '''aggressive Defense Beyblades''' (which, unlike Anti-Attack Beyblades, do not utilize aggressive Wheels and have no competitive use against Stamina Beyblades), or with '''conventional Attack/Defense Hybrids''' (which, unlike Anti-Attack Beyblades, do not utilize one of the three variants of Rubber Flat). Making this distinction is important.

The following examples illustrate the differences between Anti-Attack Beyblades and other similar forms of Defense or Balance.

*'''MSF-H Genbull Genbull BD145RF''' (aggressive Defense) is ''not'' an Anti-Attack Beyblade. While it still utilizes one of the three variants of Rubber Flat and serves to neutralize Attack types, much like an Anti-Attack Beyblade, it does not use an aggressive Wheel and is ineffective against Stamina Beyblades.

*'''MSF-H Wyvang Wyvang BD145RDF''' (conventional Attack/Defense Hybrid) is ''not'' an Anti-Attack Beyblade. It does combine traits from both Attack and Defense Beyblades to form a combination that can both Defend sufficiently and subdue Stamina customs via KO, but, unlike an Anti-Attack Beyblade, it does not utilize one of the three variants of Rubber Flat and thus does not have the rapid movement of an Anti-Attack Beyblade.

*'''MSF-L Girago Girago BD145RF''' ''is'' an Anti-Attack Beyblade. It utilizes one of the three variants of Rubber Flat, uses an aggressive, low recoil Wheel, and a bulky setup that allows it to take hits well from Attack types and easily KO competitive Stamina combinations at the same time.

Anti-Attack Beyblades are designed to be used against competitive Stamina type Beyblades and competitive Attack type Beyblades.

Anti-Attack customizations utilize the aggressiveness of their Wheels and Bottoms to KO Stamina combinations in the same way that conventional Attack types do. The goal against a Stamina type with an Anti-Attack Beyblade is to launch aggressively and aim to KO the opponent as quickly as possible.

Against Attack combinations, Anti-Attack customs utilize their heavy weight, bulky setup, stable center of gravity, and high traction and momentum while colliding with an Attack type head-on to effectively absorb the force of impact while taking as little damage as possible.

Because the Anti-Attack type is bigger, heavier, and more stable than the Attack type, when the two collide, the Anti-Attack type holds its ground easily and often inflicts devastating rotational damage on the opposing Attack type in the process.

Anti-Attack Beyblades should '''never''' be used against conventional Defense Beyblades, as their Smash Attack is not on level with pure Attack types, and they lack sufficient Stamina capability to out-spin stationary Defense combinations.

Anti-Attack Beyblades are composed of a heavy, aggressive, low recoil Wheel, a heavy Track that aids in recoil reduction, and one of the three variants of Rubber Flat. They should also include a Metal (Stone) Face if one is available. '''Girago''' and '''Diablo''' are the two best Wheels for Anti-Attack Beyblades to use, but '''Saramanda''' and '''Begirados''' can be used as substitutes if they are not available. '''BD145''' is really the only currently competitive Track for Anti-Attack, but if it is absent, '''SA165''' can be used in its place.

Made a bunch of tiny changes to fix a few grammar/capitalization mistakes and make a few things clearer or more concise. But, in general, the content of this draft is fine and I think it's pretty much ready.
Quote:This allows Anti-Attack Beyblades to resist KOs by opposing Attack combinations and out-spinning them, while still retaining enough Smash Attack to easily neutralize competitive Stamina customs.

wut Tongue_out

LOL, thanks. I changed it a bit.

... well, OK, kind of a lot, but the added information you put in is still in there. I just moved it to an addition to the behavior and application section (thanks for putting something in thee mentioning aggressive movement - I can't believe I didn't put that in the original draft, haha).

Quote:'''Anti-Attack''' is a specific sub-classification of Beyblade (formally categorized as Balance). Anti-Attack Beyblades, like other Balance type Beyblades, combine two or more of the three standard Beyblade types ([[Attack]], [[Defense]], and [[Survival | Stamina]]). Anti-Attack refers to Balance Beyblades that combine [[Attack]] and [[Defense]] by utilizing one of the three variants of Rubber Flat (RF, R2F, or LRF), using an aggressive, low-recoil Wheel, and a heavy Track that aids in recoil reduction.

This allows Anti-Attack Beyblades to resist KO by opposing Attack combinations and out-spin them, while still retaining enough Smash Attack to easily neutralize competitive Stamina customs.

Anti-Attack Beyblade should not be confused with '''aggressive Defense Beyblades''' (which, unlike Anti-Attack Beyblades, do not utilize aggressive Wheels and have no competitive use against Stamina Beyblades), or with '''conventional Attack/Defense Hybrids''' (which, unlike Anti-Attack Beyblades, do not utilize one of the three variants of Rubber Flat). Making This distinction is important.

The following examples illustrate the differences between Anti-Attack Beyblades and other similar forms of customization.

*'''MSF-H Genbull Genbull BD145RF''' (aggressive Defense) is ''not'' an Anti-Attack Beyblade. While it still utilizes one of the three variants of Rubber Flat and serves to neutralize Attack types, much like an Anti-Attack Beyblade, it does not use an aggressive Wheel and performs poorly against Stamina Beyblades.

*'''MSF-H Wyvang Wyvang BD145RDF''' (conventional Attack/Defense Hybrid) is ''not'' an Anti-Attack Beyblade. It does combine traits from both Attack and Defense Beyblades to form a combination that can both Defend sufficiently and subdue Stamina customs via KO, but, unlike an Anti-Attack Beyblade, it does not utilize one of the three variants of Rubber Flat.

*'''MSF-L Girago Girago BD145RF''' ''is'' an Anti-Attack Beyblade. It utilizes one of the three variants of Rubber flat, uses an aggressive, low recoil Wheel, and a bulky setup that allows it to take hits well from Attack types and easily KO competitive Stamina combinations at the same time.

The Rubber Flat variants used in this form of customization cause Anti-Attack Beyblades to move aggressively around the stadium, similar to conventional Attack types. Anti-Attackers are very bulky, and generally difficult to move without a high-powered Attack customization. They could appropriately be described as "moving walls." They also display impressive [[Smash Attack]], for use against Stamina Beyblades (while this level of Smash Attack is not equivalent to that of top-tier Attack combinations, it certainly serves its purpose).

Anti-Attack Beyblades are composed of a heavy, aggressive, low recoil Wheel, a heavy Track that aids in recoil reduction, and one of the three variants of Rubber Flat. They should also include a Metal (Stone) Face if one is available. '''Girago''' and '''Diablo''' are the two best Wheels for Anti-Attack Beyblades to use, but '''Saramanda''' and '''Begirados''' can be used as substitutes if they are not available. '''BD145''' is really the only currently competitive Track for Anti-Attack, but if it is absent, '''SA165''' can be used in its place.

th!nk Wrote:Seeing as I coined the term with a very clear idea of what it should pertain to, I think I'm able to explain it quite accurately:

It pertains to fast moving defenders that also have an element of attack which allows them to handle stamina combinations. RF being the prime choice for optimum grip and aggressive movement. Generally they're quite heavy to make sure they come off best against other attackers. Like attack types they usually win by KO - except unlike attack types, they tend to do this against other attack types as well as stamina types, rather than trying to do it against defense types.

... So Anti-Attack is basically a special name for Attack-Defense hybrids?
(Sep. 17, 2014  2:18 AM)Aɴɢʀʏ Fᴀᴄᴇ Wrote:

Not really, because that would also be an Attack Type Wheel w/ a defensive bottom.
And where are you getting that from Neo? To my mind anti attack is definitely a hybrid of attack and defence.
(Sep. 17, 2014  2:18 AM)Aɴɢʀʏ Fᴀᴄᴇ Wrote:

Exactly.

However, it only refers to those Attack/Defense hybrids that utilize one of the three variants of Rubber flat. If you read the draft, I inserted an example explaining why MSF-H Wyvang Wyvang BD145RDF (Attack/Defense hybrid) is not an Anti-Attack custom.
TheBlackDragon, would it be possible to insert an actual bullet point list to really highlight the components or necessary concepts of an Anti-Attack combination so that it does not have to be read within paragraphs ?
TheBlackDragon Wrote:
Quote:This allows Anti-Attack Beyblades to resist KOs by opposing Attack combinations and out-spinning them, while still retaining enough Smash Attack to easily neutralize competitive Stamina customs.

wut Tongue_out

hah I can't believe I misread that sentence and screwed it up in my edit XD

And that's why multiple editors are a necessity lol
(Sep. 17, 2014  9:43 AM)Ultra Wrote: And where are you getting that from Neo? To my mind anti attack is definitely a hybrid of attack and defence.

It is, but isn't Storm Pegasus SA165RB also a Hybrid of Attack and Defense?

But Anti Attack is better described as a moving wall.

The behavioral attributes of an Anti-Attack custom are:

*'''Applicable Smash Attack capable of consistently KOing competitive Stamina combinations'''

*'''Low recoil and overall stability that allows the custom to neutralize Attack combinations'''

*'''Aggressive movement caused by one of the three variants of Rubber Flat'''

These three attributes should be present in '''all Anti-Attack customs'''; if any is absent, by definition, the combination in question is not an Anti-Attack Beyblade.

Anti-Attack Beyblades are composed of:

*'''A heavy, aggressive, low recoil Wheel'''

'''Girago''' and '''Diablo''' are the two best Wheels for Anti-Attack Beyblades to use, but '''Saramanda''' and '''Begirados''' can be used as substitutes if they are not available.

*'''A heavy Track that aids in recoil reduction'''

'''BD145''' is really the only currently competitive Track for Anti-Attack, but if it is absent, '''SA165''' can be used in its place.

*'''One of the three variants of Rubber Flat'''

They should also include a Metal (Stone) Face if one is available.

The following examples illustrate the differences between Anti-Attack Beyblades and other similar forms of customization.

*'''MSF-H Genbull Genbull BD145RF''' (aggressive Defense) is ''not'' an Anti-Attack Beyblade. While it still utilizes one of the three variants of Rubber Flat and serves to neutralize Attack types, much like an Anti-Attack Beyblade, it does not use an aggressive Wheel and performs poorly against Stamina Beyblades.

OK, so I moved the "Distinguishing an Anti-Attack Beyblade From Other Similar Forms of Customization" section to the end (thought it would be more easily understandable having read the composition and behavior/application sections already), compressed a lot of the criteria into bullet points, and added some extra spacing (the Beywiki format is really kind of cramped, and with all this information crammed into one article, it's very difficult to read without adding extra spacing).

I think this is pretty much ready to go.
Seems Like this thread was finally revamped! welp glad its finally gonna be finished I did the best I could xD I like the changes to it and hopefully this gets published on the beywiki for WBO good luck on finishing guys! and this is probably gonna be my last post for awhile
So...

Who thinks this thing is ready to go up?

I've always wanted this article written, haha.