Advertising Ventures

For lack of seeing a thread for this....

It would probably help every community out if someone would post what everyone does to attract people to their tournaments. So, this is basically the place to bring up anything that you have already done with success, any ideas you have, and anything that you have seen to be a fruitless effort.

The rate Beyblade sells does not correlate very well to our tournament participation or site membership. What should we do to change that? We have promo cards, but you have to see a blader to give those out, we need ideas for the reverse, things that attract bladers to the WBO and our events.

What I've heard of....
LMAO posting on kojijo and Craiglist
Beymap invites (only applies to people who are already members here)

The fact that this is all that people currently do is kind of sad when there are so many very cheap or free means of advertising out there these days.

Ideas....
Almost anywhere that sells toys/beyblades has a bulletin board, try to get a flier or something up there (asking first is probably a good idea)
You can actually leave Promo Cards at certain places in hopes that a Beyblade fan will be interested and pick one up.
You mean like hobby stores right, you're not suggesting just leaving a pile of them somewhere random and hoping a beyblade fan picks one up, correct?
Or in the beyblade section at various toy stores.
I am constently advertising the WBO by giving Promo Cards to people in my school,neighbourhood
And street also when I see people at the beyblade part of walmart and toysrus when I go to buy there Smile
Funny you mention this actually, haha. I actually did make a few flyers for the Project Beyhem 3.0 tournament a few weeks ago, and I "dropped" them near the Beyblade section, and I saw a few kids pick one up and take it with them!

I plan on hosting a big Beyblade tournament during the next Spring Break, and I plan on doing some crazy advertising like putting up tons of flyers near schools, bus stops, Wal-Mart, Toys R' Us, etc...

I've always felt like there were hundreds of more bladers who really want to go to a tournament, but there is never enough advertising for it, and so they end up not knowing about it. Which just sucks. People should really take advantage of the WBO Promo Cards and hand it out to almost anyone who has anything to do with Beyblade Wink
I posted on Instagram multiple times, and left flyers at 2 different popular comic shops :3
So apparently everyone is entitled to free ads on google places, bing local, and yahoo local
I've talked to some people from who work for the town and there is a good chance that the future events I host will be able to be advertised in the local paper.
(Nov. 18, 2013  2:18 AM)Leone19 Wrote: I've talked to some people from who work for the town and there is a good chance that the future events I host will be able to be advertised in the local paper.
That sounds great! I want do that as well, but what would the price for those ads be?
I've had a lot of luck with my local town's various Facebook groups. There's a mom's group, dad's group, neighbors helping neighbors group, and a generic town group.

The next tournament I'll be advertising on the local CTV station.
(Dec. 02, 2013  4:59 PM)rkalajian Wrote: I've had a lot of luck with my local town's various Facebook groups. There's a mom's group, dad's group, neighbors helping neighbors group, and a generic town group.

The next tournament I'll be advertising on the local CTV station.

That sounds awesome. Reminds me sort of when Dark_Mousy got in a local North Carolina Newspaper, you'd be doing pretty similar by advertising on a CTV Station. It should generate a whole lot of people for Connecticut! Nice!
"Tape" it hah !
Hopefully I can give some useful information here. When I hosted tournaments the first thing I would always do is to usually ask friend or people I know that may be interested in something like this and I would always organise my friends or group to come with me to the tournament, making it a lot easier for them. I always did this and I usually brought about 5 to 8 people with me some times.

2nd thing I did was I always kept a list of beybladers in the area and their contact info they let me have and I could easily tell them that a tournament was on. This worked pretty well from keeping a list of beybladers in the area, too.. as sometimes they don't become active on the WBO it is pretty nice to be able to tell them some other way. I'd always suggest they bring people with them, too.

And I'm not sure if the WBO does this anymore so I don't know how useful this is, but there use to be pamphlets you could print out. I did this and handed out to a few people and it got some people interested. I have no idea if they showed up or not, though. Lastly, I would always put a link in my signature that would rand out on forums I go on but only on forums that people might be interested in beyblade (so like a Pokemon forum, for eg.)

EDIT: I also had a popular YouTube account that I made Beyblade videos on, I did a video advertising a tournament I was hosting and it defiantly helped. It got a lot of views and attention.
Remember this thread is about advertising not putting together a tournament. That would belong in this thread Tips to gather a lot of bladers though it seems to me this whole thread belongs there. I think it got lost in all the reports, but I knew there was something about this when the organizers circle forum started...
Don't know if one of these exists in other areas, but I managed to get this weekend's tournament features in the local KidFriendly weekend roundup http://kidfriendlydc.com/2015/12/18/the-...ber-18-20/
Super nice, although I have no idea how viewed that website is. Did you have to go through any special process to get it featured, any negotiations ?
I texted Time, and he said that he messaged them through Facebook.
@[Kai-V] Their Facebook page has over 10,000 fans so I would assume that the actual site has at least that many who check it every so often?
https://www.facebook.com/KidFriendlyDC/?fref=ts
And like *Ginga* no special negotiations, I was just looking for ways to promote the tournament and I messaged them through Facebook. I searched Maryland Beyblade on Facebook and saw that they had done something similar for what I believe was one of Arupaeo's tournaments years earlier: https://www.facebook.com/KidFriendlyDC/p...nref=story
For me personally, I found the various toy forums and Facebook groups that I posted on—even Reddit—to be fairly unhelpful in the two years that I tried to gather interest for a tournament in Jacksonville. A large part of advertising outside of the WBO, in my opinion, is really about having personal connections to younger kids and families, which can be fairly challenging for older teens and young adults without children.
Since I have my parents 'Toy Store' I advertise tournaments held in Mumbai through the Event Banners. Also I had received a few Promo Cards from @[ashton pinto], so I gave them away with the Beyblades when the people seemed interested Grin
Cool.

Btw just to clear up. Those promo cards were the ones which I got from Nik1732 ( his username is right ? ) .. I think he got it from N0body ..
But that was years ago. The promo cards that were sent recently by Kai-V .. I didn't get it yet Uncertain
Promo Cards are very difficult to get into India for some reason, so it makes sense that it was only one person who received them, a long time ago.