A Warm Welcome to the Team! - Moderation Team Expansion

Hey World Bladers!

As we mentioned in our recent Community Rules update, the time has come to expand our Moderation team once more. With the WBO Platform having expanded to include an official Discord server this year, we've felt the need for our 3-person team to be expanded further to ensure we can keep up with the increased activity that multiple platforms brings.

So, who are the lucky few?
Over the past few weeks, we've contacted a number of individuals who we feel would be ideal for a moderation role based on the quality of their posting, their availability in relation to our weakest periods of moderation, and their willingness and cooperation to not only work alongside us, but alongside the community as a whole to ensure the WBO remains the best place to discuss Beyblade.

Without further ado, we're pleased to welcome to the following members to the Moderation team: These three join Jinbee, Mage and TrainiacJ to form a 6-person Moderation team. We hope that everyone will warmly welcome them to the team!

But what about me?
The Staff team are always looking for members to join the team and help support our weakest areas, so don't panic if we didn't contact you this time around! We do carefully consider all of our members when we're looking to expand the team, and our shortlists for specific roles are often very extensive - as was certainly the case this time!

When considering who to add to the team, we look at everyone as a whole, rather than those who have contacted us asking to join. If you're seriously looking to join us, keep up your best community work either online via our forum or Discord, or in person at WBO Competitive Play events and we'll be sure to notice you and be in touch when a suitable position comes up!

Remember - the staff team are just Bladers like you, but with a little extra power to both maintain peace and push the WBO onwards to greater heights. None of the team are above the rules and ever will be!

Upcoming Leaks/Rumors Clause
As mentioned in the Questions about the WBO thread a few weeks ago, we will be updating our Community Rules to include a clause regarding illegitimately obtained leaks and rumours. While the Moderation team are working on the specific wording of this clause at the moment, we're conscious that another wave of CoroCoro leaks are likely on the horizon, and we'd like to provide a brief overview of what we expect when dealing with leaks and rumours before this happens:

• Sharing content from leaked publications or announcements prior to their intended release date will no longer be permitted anywhere on our platform.
    • This includes the sharing of any media content, even if it is hosted on a non-WBO maintained service, such as Imgur. 
  • Discussion of leaked materials will still be permitted in a text-only format, and we strongly discourage users from sharing any media-based materials with others.
While we appreciate this decision will come with some resistance and disapproval, we ask all members to remember that we have a responsibility to protect and develop both the WBO and Fighting Spirits Inc, and this is an essential move to keep us abiding by copyright laws and avoid any potential legal action. We hope to have a definitive version of this clause added to our Community Rules by the end of this coming week.

Thanks all!
Nice! Glad to see more moderators on the site!
Congrats ThaKingTai CitrusNinja3 SupaDav03 hope y'all be a great mod
Nice to see new mods I hope we have more in the future!
Edit:the new mods seem epic!
That great we really do need more mods glad we got some
Finally more mods to take care of spam bots Smile
Hope you guys are great mods
Congratulations! Y’all are gonna be great mods! You guys definitely deserve it, you have all been very good members and organizers in this community for a long time, so being chosen by the staff was no surprise! I can’t wait to see how far the WBO can get now! Joyful_3
congrats to the new mods! i have a great feeling y'all will do great!
congratulations, thank you for helping the community like this!
Congrats everyone, and thank you for helping to keep the WBO moderated!
I’m not so suprised with the picks for the team. The new moderation team definitely gained some great mods.
Congratulations to them!!! wish them all the best, i hope they'll be great mods! Grin
This will make wbo better than before
At the first Don't misuderstand me.
I love WBO and I will discuss about copyright law for protect WBO websight and user.
In Japanese copyright law we don't have fair use.
And at Criminal Law Enforcement Law in Japan, copyright law work to people who live out of Japan.
And if it's problem for people who upload pics I don't care but in Oct 1st 2020 Japanese goverment changed copyright law to websight which collect illegal pics.
It means in Japanese law Shogakukan can delete WBO websight not only illegal post.
Then we should becareful about posting pics.
Ok, let me know if I do anything wrong.

Thanks.
The moderators that were chosen are definitely a good pick.
(Oct. 29, 2020  5:00 PM)Leon le boss Wrote: Bonne chance les nouveaux modérateurs

tu parles français
sorry, but that would go into the french beyblade forums, not here.
Could you please do that in that section of the forums?
(Oct. 29, 2020  5:37 PM)LeonidasKerbeus Wrote: sorry, but that would go into the french beyblade forums, not here.
Could you please do that in that section of the forums?
He wished good luck for the new mods. I guess taking french in high school really helped.
...that still doesn't justify posting in the wrong place, as nice as the gesture is.
(Oct. 29, 2020  5:48 PM)LeonidasKerbeus Wrote: ...that still doesn't justify posting in the wrong place, as nice as the gesture is.

Well, this thread doesn’t exist there, and people can speak other languages here. Please stop telling others what to do and leave it to the mods. There’s a fine line between mini-modding and helping. Please don’t cross it.
(Oct. 29, 2020  5:52 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Oct. 29, 2020  5:48 PM)LeonidasKerbeus Wrote: ...that still doesn't justify posting in the wrong place, as nice as the gesture is.

Well, this thread doesn’t exist there, and people can speak other languages here. Please stop telling others what to do and leave it to the mods. There’s a fine line between mini-modding and helping. Please don’t cross it.

Sorry, force of habit.
i'll try to curb that