[4/30/16] Los Angeles, CA: Big Trouble in Little Tokyo

on
Hosted by
  Alta
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: 567efebf687991018eeacb577b2217fe.png]

Check out the video for the event

Date:
April 30th

123 Astronaut E S Onizuka St, Los Angeles

Time:
-Registration will start at 11:00AM
-Event will begin at 12:00PM

Directions:
Directions can be found here
[Image: cda5bc88a1205e34e0579b1c2566e150.png]
Look for the building with the knot statue in front.

Fees:
-Entry is $5 per person, or alternatively you can purchase a Blader Passport for $15 and it will last the entire year
-We only accept cash

Format:
Standard Format MFB.
It will be Round Robin, or Block Round Robin in the very unlikely chance that we end up with more than 12 attendees. There will be Burst and Plastics free play during and after the main event, unlike the main event it will not count towards official ranking, however there may be a prize.

Prizes:
First place: boxed Scythe Kronos
Second place: boxed Kreis Cygnus
Third place: boxed Jade Jupiter Random Booster

[Image: 7888281b479a95c5a57d9bb4c60b4de0.gif]Custom Beylogger inserts will be given out at the event.
There will also be a raffle with a chance to win a sealed Neptune Armed Zephyr.

Hosts/Judges:
I will be the host of this event, earthwolf1404 and Taiwo Seigi will be co-hosts.

=================================
Confirmed attendees:

Alta host
earthwolf1404 co-host
Taiwo Seigi co-host
Agent-312
OwnageDerp
Prophet2
RacingCheetahz
GreatgodzeusHD
jojospud247
top beyblader10
Sapphire
Faker

Possible attendees:

TheRealTyson123
IrlZeo
andrew9

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

I'm confirmed for this!
Awesome!!

I'll bring my camera so we can put a video together for the WBO channel. Also, full length video of the tournament will be available on my channel.

Can I throw in a raffle? I have an 2 extra Beyblade Burst NIB Neptune Armed Zephyr that I'd like to giveaway. It will be for the Bladers who didn't place so that they have another chance of winning a prize.
Very happy to see this finally happening Smile Good luck everyone!
(Apr. 21, 2016  1:20 AM)jojospud247 Wrote: Awesome!!

I'll bring my camera so we can put a video together for the WBO channel. Also, full length video of the tournament will be available on my channel.

Can I throw in a raffle? I have an 2 extra Beyblade Burst NIB Neptune Armed Zephyr that I'd like to giveaway. It will be for the Bladers who didn't place so that they have another chance of winning a prize.

Absolutely, a raffle would be good.

(Apr. 21, 2016  1:14 AM)Taiwo Seigi Wrote: I'm confirmed for this!
Good to see we'll have a stable number of attendees to start off.

Side note: I will also be giving out custom Beylogger inserts at the event to anyone who wants them.
(Apr. 21, 2016  1:20 AM)jojospud247 Wrote: I'll bring my camera so we can put a video together for the WBO channel.

This is so, so appreciated. Especially since it's you, we can be confident it will be great Grin Thank you so much!
I'm going to take this time to test out the Challonger app on my phone. I let my club know, so hopefully some of them will register.

I just made that bracket for practice, is there anything that I am missing?
Extremely hyped for this! I'll be bringing my BB-10 and my few Burst and Plastics along with me! Excited to meet you all. I think the only one I've met of the group is earthwolf1404.
If I was in an event, so was OwnageDerp. It's a strange coincidence, now that I think about it. But I agree that it will be nice to see some new faces (and battle against a youtube famous blader).
It's too bad I don't have any Burst Beys, or any new Beyblade product past early 2014. Regardless, everyone ready to see my worn and stripped String Launcher possibly place me good in the ranks?

Oh and, if anyone happens to have Smash 3DS i'll have a mini-tourney depending on the turnout. It won't disrupt the main Beyblade tournament either.
(Apr. 21, 2016  6:15 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: It's too bad I don't have any Burst Beys, or any new Beyblade product past early 2014. Regardless, everyone ready to see my worn and stripped String Launcher possibly place me good in the ranks?

Oh and, if anyone happens to have Smash 3DS i'll have a mini-tourney depending on the turnout. It won't disrupt the main Beyblade tournament either.

There will likely be Burst parts you can borrow.
And if you have money at the time, they do sell Burst Beys at Anime Jungle. Also, to anyone who goes to Korea Town, there is a store in a mall called Young Art, and they sell them there too, and have a pretty good selection.
Hey could you place me on the possible attendees list please? I'm still waiting for confirmation on if I can make it, I'm hoping I can.

Update: I won't be able to make it unfortunately as my dad is working that day.
Wow, we aren't on the "Upcoming Events" section...
Well it is not automatic, so give us some time... I think I did send the Invites though.
(Apr. 23, 2016  5:37 AM)Taiwo Seigi Wrote: Wow, we aren't on the "Upcoming Events" section...

It's easier to just send us a PM asking us to do so rather than making posts like this.

It's done by hand each time, and doesn't always get done. It's also not very often that tournaments are discovered through that section.

At any rate, it's been added there now.
I'm sorry @[Bey Brad] and @[Kai-V], I didn't mean to come off as rude or anything. I was just overzealous, I guess. But thank you!
(Apr. 24, 2016  2:43 AM)Taiwo Seigi Wrote: I'm sorry @[Bey Brad] and @[Kai-V], I didn't mean to come off as rude or anything. I was just overzealous, I guess. But thank you!

No worries! This is definitely something we'd like to automate ... some day.
It's actually looking like I might be able to go! Also, my friend Peter may come and enter as well. He doesn't have to have an account here does he?
(Apr. 25, 2016  3:32 PM)Sapphire Wrote: It's actually looking like I might be able to go! Also, my friend Peter may come and enter as well. He doesn't have to have an account here does he?

It's great that you and your friend might be able to go! Everyone needs an account, though. It should be pretty quick to make and it would be better to make it before the tournament, so sign in is quicker.
Actually, if you are really unable or turned off by the account creating process for some reason, just make sure to leave your friend's email address to the host of this tournament or at least to a Committee Member, so that we can make your friend's account at some point. Ideally though, yes, we would appreciate if you made the account yourself, to your friend's liking.
[Image: e6c39f4ec0d53803bb2b1b99b2df2e13.png]
Preview of one of the Beylogger inserts that will be given out at the event.
[Image: 52bde05527f7a54c27bb15159b5bb0b9.png]
If only i had a beylogger. I will let you guys sign up on my phone if need be.
It looks awesome but why use our old logo hah?
(Apr. 26, 2016  11:30 AM)Kai-V Wrote: It looks awesome but why use our old logo hah?

It wouldn't be difficult to swap it out, but it would be easier if I had a version of the new logo that already has a transparent background.