WBO's Got Talent

It hit me recently that while we’re all here for the same hobby, many of us have talents aside from Beyblade. We’ve had singing and drawing tournaments before, but what about a contest where you can submit ANYTHING you’re good at? Well, now you can!
Introducing the first season of WBO’s Got Talent! This may sound pretty cheesy, but it’s an opportunity to show off your unique abilities (bike tricks, singing, reciting the names of countries’ capitals, etc.)
The registration for this contest will run until May 23rd at 12 AM EST (ie you have until the night of May 22th). At this point, all contestants must be officially signed up and have their first video sent in to our judging panel via PM.
Criteria:
- All submissions except for art must be sent in via video and uploaded to a video/file hosting site. If this doesn’t work for you, please let me know and you can email me the file as long as it isn’t too large.
- Submissions may be no longer than 5 minutes and a video with audio is HIGHLY encouraged, so we can get a better idea of what you’re presenting. In the video, you must either say your username or print it in text, so we can confirm that the video is your own. Plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
Other information:
- This contest will run until the end of June and will consist of three rounds. Each round will result in a certain number of contestants being eliminated, depending on how many sign up. This tournament will have no participant limits!
- If you make it past the first round, you MUST demonstrate the same talent for your second round submission. The hope is that over the course of the three rounds, each contestant will step up their game and develop their ability.
Judges will be:
The Supreme One
Leone19
and…
KAI-V!
Judging:
- Judging should take no more than a few days and results will be posted as soon as the decisions are made. Each judge will make his/her own decision on which contestants he/she thinks should be eliminated. 2/3 votes will be needed in order for a submission to be eliminated. If there is any discrepancy over this, we will discuss the results together and an additional judge may be asked to step in.
- It is very important that you check this thread daily once submissions are in because you will only have a week to make your next video once results are up.
Prizes:
The accomplishment of knowing that you’re the most talented WBO member
I may include a physical prize, depending on the competition and how impressive the winning talent is!

Contestants:
King E.Emperor
Saber Leopard
Syco
Riga Yamisaki
Mixoris
TheWhiteTiger

Round One Results
Cuts
Syco 0/3 votes
Saber Leopard 0/3 votes
King E.Emperor 1/3 votes
Moving on to round 2:
Riga Yamisaki 3/3 votes
Mixoris 3/3 votes
TheWhiteTiger 2/3 votes
Round 2
Riga (3/3 votes)
TheWhiteTiger. (0/3 votes)
Mixoris' Entry (late)
This sounds absolutely amazing, The Supreme One!

Luckily age doesn't matter, aha.

And yes, I'll be taking part in this. Smile

Ideas, come to me!
I'm joining too. I'll get my entry in soon enough.

EDIT: Damn, should have done this in the winter time... I ski and am pretty good at it, I could have sent in skiing videos.
Awesome; you guys are added! Happy to see people taking an interest so soon Grin
I have no talent Smith

But, I'm sure I can find something in time. Sign me up, please!

EDIT: I found my talent!!!
Serious question: Are mute stop-motions allowed? (I do lego stop motions from time to time.
(May. 02, 2014  12:11 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: Serious question: Are mute stop-motions allowed? (I do lego stop motions from time to time.
Yeah, totally! Just don't forget to explain what you're doing & put your username in the video
I don't have email or acsess to a video recorder(as I use a nook)so can I just PM you My rap?I REALLY,REALY want to participate!!!!!XD
(May. 02, 2014  12:27 AM)King E.Emperor Wrote: I don't have email or acsess to a video recorder(as I use a nook)so can I just PM you My rap?I REALLY,REALY want to participate!!!!!XD
That'll be fine, but if there's any way you can access a recorder, I would really suggest taping it. You might not receive as high a score just writing it as you could if you had an audio or visual submission.
I can turn my hand 360 degrees if that counts for anything.

If I can find something I'm good at, I'll enter.

Edit: Would a written parody count? Or would I have to, like, sing it or something?
Anybody wanting to do a parody could PM it to me and I'll do it XD. Hopefully I know the song you're making the parody of though Tongue_out.

I can't participate since I can't upload any videos at the moment. I would sing but I don't have access to a good mic/recorder at the moment.
(May. 02, 2014  12:59 AM)Dual Wrote: I can turn my hand 360 degrees if that counts for anything.

If I can find something I'm good at, I'll enter.

Edit: Would a written parody count? Or would I have to, like, sing it or something?
The hand thing is pretty legit :p Pretty much any talent (within reason) is allowed & yes, you can submit a written entry, but like I told King E.Emperor, it's usually better (& more impressive) to submit a talent that people can watch or listen to.
You seem to enjoy writing, so that might be something you could do. Just has to be readable in 5 minutes.
Hey I want to play I'll get my video together just give me a day or two so enter me.
Feel free to take your time with a competition like this!
Ill be joining!
(May. 02, 2014  3:51 AM)sarabscientist Wrote: Feel free to take your time with a competition like this!
Thanks! It'll probably last about 4 weeks, but the number of rounds really depends on how many people want to participate.
Sign me up but I don't want a physical prize if I win I'm entering cause this is for fun and cause its really cool?

[edit] I'm such a noob I entered and I haven't even decided what I want to do I have three things I could do but I can't decide on which. Question if I were to enter with a song I wrote would I have to send it in as just the lyrics or do I have to send a video of me singing it?
(May. 02, 2014  4:57 PM)Saber Leopard Wrote: Sign me up but I don't want a physical prize if I win I'm entering cause this is for fun and cause its really cool?

[edit] I'm such a noob I entered and I haven't even decided what I want to do I have three things I could do but I can't decide on which. Question if I were to enter with a song I wrote would I have to send it in as just the lyrics or do I have to send a video of me singing it?
That question has already been asked, read the other posts.
Fudge I can't sing very well but if sending a vid of my song being sung will get more likes then I'll do it and anyways this is for fun so it doesn't really matter how good I can sing and anyways I'm entering with a song I've written I'm not entering for my singing.
[edit] I can't put a vid up on the internet so I'll have to Email the vid. Nvm can't make the vid I'll send a drawing in stead of a song. Here's my entry! [Image: IMG_20140503_134023PNG] its not working the image is PNG I don't get why its not working how do I get this to work.
Does doing an acoustic cover of a song count?
I'd love to enter if it does
(May. 06, 2014  7:06 AM)Syco Wrote: Does doing an acoustic cover of a song count?
I'd love to enter if it does
Of course!
I'm really sorry, but something came up and I don't think I can make it by the deadline.

My entry was half finished.

I have to pull out, sorry.
(May. 06, 2014  11:36 AM)Another Wrote: I'm really sorry, but something came up and I don't think I can make it by the deadline.

My entry was half finished.

I have to pull out, sorry.
You still have a week and 2 days to send it in, but I could give you an extension if you were close to finishing by May 16th.
I'll join, sounds fun.