WBO Random Thoughts

I know, but it's starting to spam the thread. It seems to be more arguing than answering questions.
Just asking myself why there no chatbox on WBO ? I know there's good an really bad points of a chatbox, but it could be fun. Also, it is more easy and faster than the PM system, even if everybody can see it.
A lot of people have suggested it through the ages, but it would be too much to moderate on top of the message board, and we prefer to encourage people to make fewer but more thought-through posts on the site rather than something ephemeral in a chat.
Another thing I think the WBO really need : an anti-bot test at the registering. It's an easy way to stop all the bots to register and put unwanted and useless threads. It will reduce the amount of spam.
(Aug. 26, 2014  11:05 PM)|BeyBouncer| Wrote: Another thing I think the WBO really need : an anti-bot test at the registering. It's an easy way to stop all the bots to register and put unwanted and useless threads. It will reduce the amount of spam.

We already have the Captcha which is supposed to stop several of them. I think I heard that mathematics questions also did not work well, so that leaves questions which may not be answered exactly like we want them to.
I can't believe it didn't even took Neo a year to get his face in the first page of the memeber list,haha.
You used to be able to get into there with less than 1000 posts before XD

Obviously but I mean up until like 2011 or something
Hoohoo.
I guess I go overboard with some postings, haha.
That's what happens with fun.
I made like 1,000 posts in my first 1-2 months. Peeps can tells yah. They weren't all good though XD.
It took me about 3 years, but around a year if you only count when I was active.
(Aug. 27, 2014  5:03 PM)DRANZER KING Wrote: I made like 1,000 posts in my first 1-2 months. Peeps can tells yah. They weren't all good though XD.

did some of em' got seleted? :p
Is it just me,or does Kai-V rarely use terms like lol,XD.etc.
I can easily reach a spin time of over two minutes just by handspinning my Duo (Stamina Mode) Cancer F230(orange hasbro ver.)TB (My highscore is 2 minutes and 29 seconds! Smile) and I can reach the rpm of a RevUp Launcher just with an unmodified standard BeyLauncher from Takara Tomy. Grin Is that good? Uncertain
(Aug. 28, 2014  10:47 AM)Shido-kun Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2014  5:03 PM)DRANZER KING Wrote: I made like 1,000 posts in my first 1-2 months. Peeps can tells yah. They weren't all good though XD.

did some of em' got seleted? :p

Without the deleted ones, I had around 1,000.
I've noticed something about Advanced Members lately (no I don't mean if they are rude or nice) It's just that when I always view the profile of AVs and their location sometimes it's says "Rating thread" or "Reading thread" but it doesn't really show what thread they are reading or rating.
I think it's always been like that for rating (for everyone) and it's like that sometimes for anyone when reading.
(Aug. 30, 2014  3:57 AM)~Classik~ Wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwjlUtQ0_...Qg&index=1

My really old dance video!

I think you meant to post that in the normal random thoughts. This is for stuff about the WBO.
Oh….Right..I knew dat
Just by the way, I added a few small functionalities lately that are not necessarily worth a new thread, but those additions include being able to tag people now. All you need to do is to type this for the person to get a private message notification that they have just been tagged in x post :

Code:
@[username]

Obviously, this function in particular should not be abused : only tag someone if they are relevant to the discussion, like when you would normally tell someone that you are wondering what this or that Member would say about a matter or situation. It is absolutely not an excuse to post your latest YouTube video and tag as many people as possible to try to get more people to view it : that will give you a warning for SPAM.
Thought it was an octothorpe for a sec, haha.

But that's a great idea! Thanks for implementing it!
Wow, I was going to request that soon!

Thanks a bunch Kai-V, it looks great!
That's awesome!

Also, the spoiler icon is back!!!

Does the tag thing have an icon in the preview post page? I wanna test it and tag myself Grin

I'm asking because I don't know if the symbol in your code is special or a deformed @ sign.

EDIT: @[DRANZER KING]

Perhaps tagging ourselves is not an option.
It is definitely just a @ in a weird font, hah. There is no quick-access button yet.