RB and RSF - Use in Attack? [LTD]

I've been using RB for a while now in place of the standard RF/R2F/LRF that you would normally use on an Attack combo. The reason for this strange decision - to swap a high-power Attack tip for a Defense one - is simple: control. When I first started playing Limited, I was used to using extremely heavy Synchromes that required a lot of power to just get moving. On such heavy combos, even an R2F will be quite sluggish unless launched properly. Not so in Limited. In Limited, the Beyblades are a whole lot lighter and are extremely energetic on aggressive tips - one of my main problems with Pegasis is that it is very hard to control IMO, even with a MF-H weighing it down. Rocketing around on a hyper-aggressive tip on a relatively lightweight combo can cause some significant control and recoil issues, and can make it hard to even keep your Beyblade in the stadium. My solution was to intentionally reduce the aggressiveness of the Beyblade by using a more calm tip. Not to say you should be putting an RS or something on your combo - it should not be completely calm - but you should try using an RSF or RB instead of an RF, R2F, or LRF if you have control problems with the more customary tips.

Please take note that this strategy only works with an aggressive RB or RSF. If your RSF or RB is passive every time you launch it, this is not going to work for you. RB needs to be worn in a bit before it begins to become aggressive (or even defensive, for that matter; wear your RBs in, folks)

TL;DR explanation:
-Use RB or RSF if you keep self-KOing with RF, R2F. or LRF.
-Don't use RB or RSF if your RB or RSF is passive.
-Lighter Limited combos can use this much more effectively than heavy Synchromes, because the high weight slows down Synchromes anyways, so they need all the speed they can get.
-This is not intended to be a substitute for proper skill with a Sliding Shoot. Learn your shots and you will have a lot less control issues. However, if you have some skill and still have difficulties, the combo itself may be at fault and require a bit of taming.

Please post tests, thoughts, etc. Is this actually useful, or am I just too much of a n00b with lighter combos or something?

I will hopefully be able to get some comparison tests in soon, but I am very busy this weekend and will probably not get any significant tests finished until Sunday evening.
If I remember correctly, there is a list of which RSF's and RBs are more or less aggressive. I'll edit this post when I find it. I believe it was on the beywiki.

EDIT: I found it and it seems to be inaccurate. It says I bought the more aggressive one, but even with slide shooting it does nothing. Sorry about that.
Glad to see there is finally a thread for this considering the multiple discussions and testings with RB/RSF on Attack Types, I've always thought this was an interesting idea since members brought this up. Is there anything in particular you want someone to test X_C00L_R4NCH_X? I can probably do tests later today if you want certain ones.
I have some tests I did yesterday, RSF Attack + lighning = not so good. I can see maybe Omega or even screw being used, but Lightning, not so much. My RSF is fairly aggro, I can get a good flower pattern on it.

Lightning L-Drago 85RSF Vs. Earth Cancer W145WD

LLD: 11(All KO)
Earth: 9(1KO, 8OS)
Ties: 0

LLD win percentage: 55%
Awesome, glad a thread like this is up! Thanks, X_C00L_R4NCH_X Cake!

Anyways, I really in terms of RSF-based Attack, I like how it does on Leone19's Ronin Zirago setup instad of RF, and kind of on Omega variants, too. However though, Echizen and I realized that it doesn't do all that great on Lightning throughout a Skype conversation we had last night, even against Stamina. Nevertheless, here's what I got done.

Lightning L-Drago 105RSF versus Scythe Cancer W145WD
Scythe Launched First all Matches • WD in its Prime • RSF Worn for Some Aggresion
Lightning L-Drago: 1/10 (ALL KO) 10% Win Rate
Scythe Cancer: 9/10 (8 OS, 1 KO) 90% Win Rate

I believe his results weren't all that great, too, only winning 11/20 matches, against an Earth W145WD setup.

Here are some better testings and results I posted earlier, though.

Ronin Zirago 85RSF versus MF-M Burn Cancer 160WD
Both Bottoms in their Prime • Burn Cancer Launched First all Matches
Ronin Zirago: 9/10 (ALL KO) 90% Win Rate
Burn Cancer: 1/10 (ALL OS) 10% Win Rate

Omega Horuseus 85RSF versus MF-H Burn Cancer AD145WD
Burn Cancer Launched First all Matches • RSF a tad Aggro on Certain Launch
Omega Horuseus: 12/20 (ALL KO) 60% Win Rate
Burn Cancer: 8/20 (ALL OS) 40% Win Rate
Look above your post, Shido, haha.

If I can find my Girago, I'll do Ronin Girago against a defense setup. Because your tests showed so promise.
(Dec. 07, 2014  6:01 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: Glad to see there is finally a thread for this considering the multiple discussions and testings with RB/RSF on Attack Types, I've always thought this was an interesting idea since members brought this up. Is there anything in particular you want someone to test X_C00L_R4NCH_X? I can probably do tests later today if you want certain ones.

It would be best to just run through all the top-tier Attack setups, plus those being considered for top tier (Beat and Dark Knight LTAC) but with RSF/RB instead of a flat tip.

(Dec. 07, 2014  7:19 PM)Shido Wrote: Anyways, I really in terms of RSF-based Attack, I like how it does on Leone19's Ronin Zirago setup instad of RF, and kind of on Omega variants, too. However though, Echizen and I realized that it doesn't do all that great on Lightning throughout a Skype conversation we had last night, even against Stamina. Nevertheless, here's what I got done.

Lightning L-Drago 105RSF versus Scythe Cancer W145WD
Scythe Launched First all Matches • WD in its Prime • RSF Worn for Some Aggresion
Lightning L-Drago: 1/10 (ALL KO) 10% Win Rate
Scythe Cancer: 9/10 (8 OS, 1 KO) 90% Win Rate

I believe his results weren't all that great, too, only winning 11/20 matches, against an Earth W145WD setup.
I am really surprised by this. For me, LLD on RB is one of my best, most favorite setups for Limited Attack. I'll have to get some tests done soon.
Very cool idea, Cool Ranch.

My RSF and RB are both pretty non-aggressive, so it should be interesting.

I'll definitely try this out with Ronin Zirago, though.
Just to confirm, Cake, it was an RSF that was being used, not RB. Smile

Do some testings, though. There might be a difference between the two.
I'll just hope the new RSFs I order are aggressive Grin

While I prefer it not to be (because it's the best defensive tip out there) I want to help with this testing.

Anyone try it with pegasis yet?
RB and RSF are absolutely viable for Attack in Limited. The fact that most people haven't been taking advantage of this over the past year is, to me, astonishing. Even in Standard, RSF sees a lot of use on the monster combo of Wyvang Wyvang BD145, which moves around a decent amount. In Limited, the speed you can achieve with RB and RSF is more than enough to KO your opponent (not to mention the subsequent control RB/RSF have versus RF/R2F/LRF). At the very least, it is killer with Wyvang; that's what you guys should be testing. Although I'm definitely interested to see Lightning RB.

The main problem with using RSF and RB for Attack is when you play against combos that can move faster: combos using RF, R2F, GCF, etc. Particularly in the case of F230CF/GCF, if you don't catch them very early on, your chances of KOing them go down significantly with every passing second (although it is not impossible). The Rev-Up Launcher might even the playing field, but that thing is always a bit of a gamble, haha.
This is an interesting thread & something important to be discussed; I would just suggest looking into other rubber based defense tips because I've heard people say the same thing about RDF, CS, etc.

Tests are good for an overall picture, but since aggressive defense tips seem to be an anomaly (I personally don't have any), I'm not sure if we can draw any definite conclusions from the data. Would help out if I had one though.
RDF might be possible ... but I wouldn't count on CS. It can move aggressively, but it's harder to control when that happens and for how long. We should probably focus on RSF and RB for now.
RDF is an incredibly excellent Bottom on Wyvang Wyvang BD145. Probably better than RSF, IMO.

But, It's illegal in Limited anyway, so in this case it's out of the question.

I would definitely not count on CS working for this, haha. Its recoil handling abilities are far too poor.