[London, UK] London Revival Thread

Poll: Where should it take place?

Regents park
75.76%
Somewhere else; post suggestions
24.24%
Total: 100% 33 vote(s)
(Apr. 29, 2015  1:08 PM)xHB SAUCEx Wrote: Im in this time! Shouldnt be any issues!

Great to hear!

I'm thinking of moving the venue location for either this tournament or the next one in June/July.
I would like to check out Hyde Park, but I have discovered that the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park may be a great place to hold events. The reason for this is because Regent's Park, although a great place, has a few issues. Firstly, facilities, in terms of WC, food and etc. The bandstand being available is not reliable (we got kicked off...), as well as the concrete floor being a pain. I want to find a space that can accommodate all of us in a nice area with plenty of facilities.

Of course, I'd like to know what you all think. I'll be scouting out the Olympic Park sometime for a good area for us to use. They have toilets, plenty of food and Westfield is right next door. Did I mention the views? The nearest station is Stratford and a few others, which makes things easier for those travelling by train and Tube (e.g. Ultra and HB_SAUCE could get trains direct I think).

These are steps to make our tournaments more like those in North America. At the moment things are good, but I believe we can make tournaments much better, in terms of location, organisation and so on. Some of us have ideas to make tournaments less boring when waiting for matches, as well as making things comfortable and better timed.

That's all, just something I'd like everyone to consider. Just imagine it, we could hold events in the Olympic Park! Take that NA.

EDIT:

OK, we have Beydays coming up and that's the purpose of our next tournament. However I also need some confirmations for a tournament coming up this summer. For various reasons, we need to hold one in late July, and we require a tournament during that time. Don't ask why, all will be revealed later, just say that you are good to go in late July. Cheers
(Apr. 29, 2015  1:27 PM)Manicben Wrote:
(Apr. 29, 2015  1:08 PM)xHB SAUCEx Wrote: Im in this time! Shouldnt be any issues!

Great to hear!

I'm thinking of moving the venue location for either this tournament or the next one in June/July.
I would like to check out Hyde Park, but I have discovered that the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park may be a great place to hold events. The reason for this is because Regent's Park, although a great place, has a few issues. Firstly, facilities, in terms of WC, food and etc. The bandstand being available is not reliable (we got kicked off...), as well as the concrete floor being a pain. I want to find a space that can accommodate all of us in a nice area with plenty of facilities.

Of course, I'd like to know what you all think. I'll be scouting out the Olympic Park sometime for a good area for us to use. They have toilets, plenty of food and Westfield is right next door. Did I mention the views? The nearest station is Stratford and a few others, which makes things easier for those travelling by train and Tube (e.g. Ultra and HB_SAUCE could get trains direct I think).

These are steps to make our tournaments more like those in North America. At the moment things are good, but I believe we can make tournaments much better, in terms of location, organisation and so on. Some of us have ideas to make tournaments less boring when waiting for matches, as well as making things comfortable and better timed.

That's all, just something I'd like everyone to consider. Just imagine it, we could hold events in the Olympic Park! Take that NA.

EDIT:

OK, we have Beydays coming up and that's the purpose of our next tournament. However I also need some confirmations for a tournament coming up this summer. For various reasons, we need to hold one in late July, and we require a tournament during that time. Don't ask why, all will be revealed later, just say that you are good to go in late July. Cheers

That sounds like a good idea moving foward. We need to accomidate car parking too! It will be sad to move away from the traditional regents park. Let me know if you need any help with hosting etc
Well done everyone for keeping it going in London. Seems things have died down since I last played but you guys have done a great job as far as I can tell. Best of luck for the future.
(Apr. 29, 2015  2:10 PM)BladeStorm Wrote: Well done everyone for keeping it going in London. Seems things have died down since I last played but you guys have done a great job as far as I can tell. Best of luck for the future.

Thanks BladeStorm.

We currently have 2 confirmations for both tournaments. I'd like to get 7 confirmations for both tournaments soon (erm, the WBO committee are actually waiting for us Grin cheeky hint).

Current standings:

May 16
- Manicben
- xHB_SAUCEx

July (Date TBC)
- Manicben
- xHB_SAUCEx
(Apr. 29, 2015  2:33 PM)Manicben Wrote:
(Apr. 29, 2015  2:10 PM)BladeStorm Wrote: Well done everyone for keeping it going in London. Seems things have died down since I last played but you guys have done a great job as far as I can tell. Best of luck for the future.

Thanks BladeStorm.

We currently have 2 confirmations for both tournaments. I'd like to get 7 confirmations for both tournaments soon (erm, the WBO committee are actually waiting for us Grin cheeky hint).

Current standings:

May 16
- Manicben
- xHB_SAUCEx

July (Date TBC)
- Manicben
- xHB_SAUCEx

AWESOME!!!! I can make it, put me down ^-^
(Apr. 29, 2015  5:08 PM)_Avenger_ Wrote: AWESOME!!!! I can make it, put me down ^-^

Is that for both tournaments? If so, that brings the count up to 3! 4 more to go for both.
I'll PM the other Londoners, in particular Ultra, Blitz and LeeDraciel, since I'm pretty sure they will be free for both...
(Apr. 29, 2015  5:11 PM)Manicben Wrote:
(Apr. 29, 2015  5:08 PM)_Avenger_ Wrote: AWESOME!!!! I can make it, put me down ^-^

Is that for both tournaments? If so, that brings the count up to 3! 4 more to go for both.
I'll PM the other Londoners, in particular Ultra, Blitz and LeeDraciel, since I'm pretty sure they will be free for both...

Yup that's for both!
I can actually make the 16th of May as I have that day off! I'm back on shift work now so I don't know about the other date you have planned until closer to the time.
(Apr. 29, 2015  9:49 PM)Blitz Wrote: I can actually make the 16th of May as I have that day off! I'm back on shift work now so I don't know about the other date you have planned until closer to the time.

Awesome news. The July thing only requires people to say that they are available during mid to late July. As long as you can attend one Saturday in July, that's all we need, the date will be decided most likely in June. We just need a "show of hands" for July, we just need the numbers.
Exciting times lie ahead. 4 Beydays, 3 or 4 July. 3/4 more to go.
Confirm me for July! Grin
(Apr. 30, 2015  5:27 PM)RAW Wrote: Confirm me for July! Grin

May 16 no good!? Grin But it's exam season, so understandable.
Definite 3 more to go for both. Still need to PM Utra and LeeDraciel and couple others. On it
I've messaged Lee on facebook. I'll do the same for ultra.... It looks like we've got some promising numbers!
I have managed to upload some footage on my youtube channel of the Revival Jam tournament, feel free to check it out whenever you have some time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxPHmFNQnnk
Damn, those tips on the concrete ... Don't you guys need mats underneath the stadium ? We had this problem at our first event in Montréal, so ever since we are using puzzle carpet.
(Apr. 30, 2015  9:33 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Damn, those tips on the concrete ... Don't you guys need mats underneath the stadium ? We had this problem at our first event in Montréal, so ever since we are using puzzle carpet.

We used to bring old towels and I had a picnic mat, but I forgot to bring it this time...
If we were to move location and hold tournaments frequently, I will invest in puzzle mats to make things comfortable and also solve the concrete problem...
I felt pain as the tips hit the concrete Unhappy I remember when I used to play I brought 4 2-inch thick foam blocks for knee padding and massive rugs too; all wheeled to the bandstand in my shopper-trolley xD. Kevin used to have his cardboard barrier-arena-thing to stop his stadium from moving too. Watching this brings back great memories and makes me want to get an Attack stadium again!
Hey guys, you can go ahead on out me on the confirmed list for both.
(Apr. 30, 2015  9:10 PM)_Avenger_ Wrote: I have managed to upload some footage on my youtube channel of the Revival Jam tournament, feel free to check it out whenever you have some time:

Nice video! You should consider submitting footage to BeyChannel in the future: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-How-to-S...BeyChannel Smile
I can confirm for May. Also how come a gap for June? Probably exams or something but I was curious.
(May. 02, 2015  6:39 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Apr. 30, 2015  9:10 PM)_Avenger_ Wrote: I have managed to upload some footage on my youtube channel of the Revival Jam tournament, feel free to check it out whenever you have some time:

Nice video! You should consider submitting footage to BeyChannel in the future: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-How-to-S...BeyChannel Smile

OK! That actually sounds pretty awesome! I've Private Messaged you and Kai-V about it
Hey guys, I have good news and some apologising to do.

We only need one more person to confirm for May 16th for BeyDays to happen! Woohoo, seems like its gonna work. Tournament thread should be going up tomorrow if plans go well.

I am sorry, but the mysterious July event is now just a normal event. However, we will be changing the venue to the Olympic Park near Stratford. The reason is that July will be a test run for the August event, which brings me to...

BURST!!! Yes, the mysterious event was in fact meant to be a Burst event! Read up about it in the news post as well as the new tournament thread! Mark your calendars for August 29th! If people prefer a different date in late August, I can change it. Grin

From now till August, I'll try to run one event per month. BeyDays in May, Olympic Park in July, but we will have another in June. Does anyone fancy Limited format in June? Grin Let me know, and it will happen.
(May. 04, 2015  1:08 AM)Manicben Wrote: Hey guys, I have good news and some apologising to do.

We only need one more person to confirm for May 16th for BeyDays to happen! Woohoo, seems like its gonna work. Tournament thread should be going up tomorrow if plans go well.

I am sorry, but the mysterious July event is now just a normal event. However, we will be changing the venue to the Olympic Park near Stratford. The reason is that July will be a test run for the August event, which brings me to...

BURST!!! Yes, the mysterious event was in fact meant to be a Burst event! Read up about it in the news post as well as the new tournament thread! Mark your calendars for August 29th! If people prefer a different date in late August, I can change it. Grin

From now till August, I'll try to run one event per month. BeyDays in May, Olympic Park in July, but we will have another in June. Does anyone fancy Limited format in June? Grin Let me know, and it will happen.

YES! limited Format will be interesting so that's fine with me! ^-^
Ok guys, forgot to post in here!

Tournament on 21st June (since xHB_SAUCEx can not make the 20th).
Limited Format
Regent's Park Bandstand.

Start sending in confirmation PMs please. And only send em if you know for sure that you can make it. We can't risk a tournament being cancelled at the last minute due to a no-show.
Well, I'm afraid due to the fact we are still missing two confirmations, this Sunday's tournament shall be CANCELLED.

We shall postpone it to early July and on a Saturday to make things easier. We could still aim to have two tournaments in July (one Limited in Regent's Park and one Standard in Olympic Park), but that depends on interest. Thanks to everyone who confirmed early and my apologies for letting you all down this time.
OK guys sorry for being slightly inactive, currently in Spain.

We would like to hold a Remembrance Day event on the 25th July. It would either be a double bill of HMS and Plastics or a triple with Standard thrown in as well. This will definitely take a lot of time to do, but will be worth it.

Don't worry if you don't have any plastics or HMS, we have a lot available to borrow. Just turn up (with some MFB just in case) and you will be good to go. All the bonuses will be thrown in too as per the news post.

Please confirm asap and then the proposal will be created. Please PM me confirmations and also tell me whether you'd be up for two tournaments or three tournaments on the 25th July. Also, please let me know whether you would like to have the venue at Regents Park or at the Olympic Park.

Thanks a lot guys and spread the word on social media!