General GFX Thread

Ive beeen trying to save an image on PSElements11 and its not working

Help me?
I also need help with something...

How do I add an animation into a sig? (By that I mean onto a background in a sig, not just uploading the .gif file into imgur and throwing the bbcode into my signature after a bit of resizing)
(Jan. 07, 2015  11:17 AM)Dʀᴀɢᴏɴ Wrote:

You've definitely improved. It looks like you're getting the idea of image flow, but the text is really tacky. Unless the text is your main focus, which it's clearly not in your case, it's generally not made that large and contrasting in color to the rest of the image. Also, while i can see what kind of effect you were going for, an explosion is usually accompanied by a bright light, and thus a light source, which this piece is lacking. I'd suggest working on lighting, as well as C4D manipulating to obtain the desired effects, both of which can add great depth to your work if done well.

I'd recommend checking out some of this guy's tutorials. Even if you're not using Photoshop, the techniques he uses can be applied to any similar image editing softwares.

(Jan. 09, 2015  11:49 PM)Kazuto K Wrote: http://i.imgur.com/AGnUAGh.png?1

Any CnC?

The background is just a screenshot of a fight from SAO with a striped pattern overlaying it, and the render of Kirito, on top of being deformed and slightly transparent, isn't very well cropped. Typically, you want one main focus in your piece, and that can be an individual or a group. If you have any more than one focus, though, they begin competing for the viewer's attention. Sometimes, that can be good, but in this case, it doesn't work. I'm also not very fond of your text. Like I told Dragon above, text should generally compliment the rest of the graphic. In this case, because it's been so heavily blurred, it stands out and is a little difficult to read.

If you're using Adobe Photoshop, I'd really suggest you read up on some more tutorials. However, if you're using a less sophisticated editing program, like Pixlr, I'd recommend getting Photoshop or GIMP so you can do more.

(Jan. 09, 2015  11:52 PM)AquilaClassik Wrote: Ive beeen trying to save an image on PSElements11 and its not working

lmgtfy http://smallbusiness.chron.com/save-file...48511.html

(Jan. 10, 2015  12:10 AM)Kazuto K Wrote: How do I add an animation into a sig? (By that I mean onto a background in a sig, not just uploading the .gif file into imgur and throwing the bbcode into my signature after a bit of resizing)

You'd need Photoshop or GIMP to make your own custom, animated GIFs. There are some web generators, but none of them are really any good.

I made this in a couple of hours, as opposed to having dragged it out over a period of days like I normally do, but I'm actually kind of happy with how it came out.

[Image: yuki_konno_signature_banner_by_elcesplooshe-d8dkoy5.png]

I tried something new with the text, and I'll probably do it again in the future.
(Jan. 15, 2015  12:45 PM)Aɴɢʀʏ Fᴀᴄᴇ Wrote: You've definitely improved. It looks like you're getting the idea of image flow, but the text is really tacky. Unless the text is your main focus, which it's clearly not in your case, it's generally not made that large and contrasting in color to the rest of the image. Also, while i can see what kind of effect you were going for, an explosion is usually accompanied by a bright light, and thus a light source, which this piece is lacking. I'd suggest working on lighting, as well as C4D manipulating to obtain the desired effects, both of which can add great depth to your work if done well.

First of all, thanks for CnC!

(Jan. 15, 2015  2:18 PM)Dʀᴀɢᴏɴ Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2015  12:45 PM)Aɴɢʀʏ Fᴀᴄᴇ Wrote: You've definitely improved. It looks like you're getting the idea of image flow, but the text is really tacky. Unless the text is your main focus, which it's clearly not in your case, it's generally not made that large and contrasting in color to the rest of the image. Also, while i can see what kind of effect you were going for, an explosion is usually accompanied by a bright light, and thus a light source, which this piece is lacking. I'd suggest working on lighting, as well as C4D manipulating to obtain the desired effects, both of which can add great depth to your work if done well.

First of all, thanks for CnC!

The text is okay,making it a bevel was not a good idea,kinda ruined it
(Jan. 15, 2015  12:45 PM)Aɴɢʀʏ Fᴀᴄᴇ Wrote: I made this in a couple of hours, as opposed to having dragged it out over a period of days like I normally do, but I'm actually kind of happy with how it came out.

[Image: yuki_konno_signature_banner_by_elcesplooshe-d8dkoy5.png]

I tried something new with the text, and I'll probably do it again in the future.

It's quite nice Angry, I also like the text Joyful_3 The only issue I have with it is that is is somewhat cluttered and the render is too cluttered. The C4D style is spot on though Joyful_3 (I've moved away from overloading stuff with C4Ds to more painting stuff, so I can't exactly be the best judge of C4D usage anymore). Depth is quite well done as well, GJ! It doesn't jump out at me like some tags do, but it's a solid piece of work that looks great!

(Jan. 15, 2015  2:18 PM)Dʀᴀɢᴏɴ Wrote: [Image: Halo_4_Signature_copy.png]

Bevels are pretty much a no-go for text unless you're doing a very typography oriented piece that uses layer styles to make the text effect. Other than that avoid it. Lack of blending and just seems like a render slapped onto a canvas, text, and soft brushing. Sorry m8. It's getting better though, keep at it~
(Jan. 18, 2015  5:44 PM)Shido-kun Wrote: CnC for my 2nd piece of work. Smile

I got help from a friend.
Thats really good actually,better then most of my work XD

Anywho,the colors dont really match kirito at all,purple or red maybe,but not sky blue (ps:do you mind if I use it as my sig?)
What do think of this?

[Image: lJJ8hYZ.png]
(Jan. 06, 2015  7:40 PM)AquilaClassik Wrote:

Although I'm not really THAT active in here anymore, I'll help out sooner or later. I'll try to give my cents if it's needed

(Jan. 18, 2015  5:44 PM)Shido-kun Wrote:

The contrast is too much. You also got to work with your blending and lighting. Is this smudge? If it is, use smaller brushes, cause it makes it more defined. Don't over sharpen stuff, too.

A little bit of adjustments and it'll look good

(Jan. 19, 2015  4:31 PM)Ocean Wrote:

A lot to learn bro, A LOT. First don't do the grid effect, second don't reduce the opacity of a focal and make it show more, third know what set of color looks good with each other. You'll need to get a better editor too (Im not sure if this is GIMP or anything else so please enlighten me about it)
It looks alright, decent quality, but the green text doesn't match well. Also, the renders shouldn't be transparent.
(Jan. 21, 2015  11:29 PM)Eminem* Wrote: It looks alright, decent quality, but the green text doesn't match well. Also, the renders shouldn't be transparent.

Thx!

Yah, I originally tried to make the main render fill up the whole sig with the other render in the back, but it didnt work out so I had to move it.
(Jan. 21, 2015  11:18 PM)Kazuto K Wrote: CnC?

[Image: LsxZ7M0.png]

Sig
[Image: P9oL3b5.png]

TBH, the focus looks a little squished/badly pressed together, and I don't think the background is too great.

Nice try!!! ^o^

I'm sure those of you that know me well can probably guess what the Dragoon-based setup in the photo I obsess over is and what the thread I'm working on is for. Smile

EDIT: Darn, the photos' URLs basically explain the thread.
Whoops, looks like I forgot to send in my entry for the special GFX round. :\ I wasn't very happy with it, though, and I never got around to making the changes I wanted (i.e. text, depth, cleanliness), what with school and all. Despite using a pretty hq render, I still managed to make the whole thing look lq, lol.

The depth looks pretty great despite amy additions you could have done.The composition is also really nice and great quality. 10/10.
First time with new editor. Smile
Pretty good depth, the composition is decent, but the render is low qual and there's not enough focus on it.
Second try at new editor.
Wow that looks really great! The only thing though, I don't care for the C4D's positioning.
Hey everyone, how's it going? I was completely bored, so I decided to make a fan movie banner, though; it was a tough work, probably, 3 hours of work, or more! I really want CnC from experienced graphic makers ...